#1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills

Makes: Nissan|Service Center

#1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills

#1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills Info
About #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills

Welcome to #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills, located just 3 miles South of the Liberty Tubes. Our goal is to provide you with the best car buying experience possible. We are here to assist you every step of the way, from parts and service to help with financing. We have a wide selection of new and Certified pre-owned vehicles, and our friendly, knowledgeable sales team is eager to help you find the one that’s right for you. But our commitment to our customers doesn’t end when the ownership experience begins. The skilled technicians in our service and parts departments are waiting to provide you with the care your vehicle deserves. If you’re in the market for a new or pre-owned vehicle, make #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills your next stop; located just three miles south of the Liberty Tubes on West Liberty Avenue.

About #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills

MandaHryn
12/19/2013

"The transmission went on my car and I was looking for a..."

The transmission went on my car and I was looking for a cost effective replacement. I leased a Nissan Versa Note from #1 Cochran Nissan in the South Hills. Bob and Tim went out of their way to help me get a car quickly. Tim was very friendly spent some time chatting with me as I waited for paperwork to go through. Just by getting to know me, they identified some discounts that I didn't even know I qualified for. I have always been nervous about car dealerships because I am a young woman who doesn't really know much about cars, but based on the research I did, the price they offered me was very fair and I don't believe that they tried to take advantage of my lack of knowledge. I didn't have the title for my old car to finish the paperwork for the trade in, but they let me have the Nissan before finalizing all the paperwork because I told them I needed transportation for the weekend.They also took care of towing my old car from the garage while I was signing papers. About 1 month after leasing the Nissan from Cochran, one of the speakers stopped working. I called their service center to get it repaired (Josh assured me that is was covered under warranty). I was able to sit and wait (and have some free coffee) while they looked at the speaker. This only took about an hour and they said that it would take about 2-3 days to order the replacement part. I got a message from Josh the NEXT DAY saying that the part had arrived that that I could come that afternoon and get it replaced if I was available. They even washed all the salt residue off my car after they repaired it. Fast and friendly service!! From the actual leasing to repairs, Cochran went above and beyond my expectations for fast, friendly, and FAIR customer service. I don't have much experience with dealerships, but I would go back to #1 Cochran Nissan again in a second.

bbarl
11/25/2013

"Josue was fantastic to work with once again. He went..."

Josue was fantastic to work with once again. He went above and beyond to ensure my happiness with my new vehicle. I would highly recommend the dealership and Josue for anyone looking at purchasing or leasing a Nissan.

ashleyk18
11/11/2013

"There aren't words to describe my experience with #1..."

There aren't words to describe my experience with #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills. Joe was absolutely fantastic! I had emailed him in advance to my appointment outlining exactly what I was looking for and my budget. When I arrived for my appointment, Joe had the vehicle I was interested in ready for a test drive! After being extremely thorough in explaining the vehicle, as well as pros and cons to leasing, we sat down in the showroom to discuss my options. Joe really understood what I wanted to do and made every effort possible to get me in the car I wanted at the price I wanted. He left no stone unturned - he was very knowledgeable and friendly, not pushy like you'd assume a car salesman to be. I felt very comfortable working with him! By the end of the appointment (well after closing time), I had the exact vehicle I wanted well within my budget. Joe was so wonderful and I'm so happy that I got the chance to work with him! I would highly recommend this dealer and this salesman! Looking forward to working with them again!

Marisa7174
11/03/2013

"Excellent service. Tim took the time to go over the..."

Excellent service. Tim took the time to go over the whole car and all it's gadgets. Highly recommend him. He takes a great deal of pride in his work.

karpathian
10/19/2013

"Being under pressure to meet a morning 10:00am..."

Being under pressure to meet a morning 10:00am doctor's appointment (Shadyside) and later in the afternoon around 2:30pm having to swing by and pick up my elderly mother-in-law (Mt. Oliver) without keeping her unduly waiting after her appointment was completed, I called Zak around 12:15pm in the off chance there was an opening for the service dept. to perform a 4 wheel alignment for me. Zak had an slot open at 1:30 pm that would have made the second leg of my day's journey pretty close to near impossible. Zak advised that if I could get there at 1:00pm and start the paperwork, he could get me in a bit sooner and perhaps out sooner. I accepted the slot time and said to Zak that I wasn't looking for preferential treatment over anyone else, but if he could do anything to facilitate the servicing and allow me to pick up my mother-in-law in time, I would greatly appreciate his and the servicing department's efforts. Bottom line is that they did so and gave me some spare time to perform my pick-up duties. So. Many, many thanks to Zak and the crew for a job well done. Again!

jamiec16
10/08/2013

"Very positive car buying (lease) experience. My wife and..."

Very positive car buying (lease) experience. My wife and I would recommend Tim Schmidt without hesitation. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and understanding of what we were looking to do. Not only did he have answers to all our questions, he asked all the right questions along the way. Our experience was excellent and was no different that shopping at a grocery store. Got what we wanted and understood the bottom line.

bouncer622
10/03/2013

"Customer service is mostly adequate. Vehicle service is..."

Customer service is mostly adequate. Vehicle service is not satisfactory. Service and repairs are overpriced. Don't recommend going here to buy or repair vehicle.

#1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills responded to this review

October 21, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Bovay, We understand your frustration over the issues you’ve had with your Sentra. We’re sorry for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. With the exception of routine maintenance, the repairs to your vehicle have been covered by warranty or provided to you at no charge. We feel the routine maintenance we’ve performed is competitively priced, and we hope you find value in the fact that our trained technicians have extensive knowledge specific to Nissan. If there are other concerns we may address, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Sincerely, #1 Cochran Customer Care Team

dhd29
9/22/2013

"As always it is a pleasure to work with Zach; he is very..."

As always it is a pleasure to work with Zach; he is very friendly and always smiling. Since our family only has one vehicle, he was able to accommodate us by providing a ride to and from our home. The driver (Mike) was talkative and very friendly, which was nice, and made the ride pleasant instead of awkward.

Mike

tlonero
9/21/2013

"They appraised my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo at..."

They appraised my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo at $2500.00. Had 106 K. Jeep is loaded. Trail rated, etc... Had about $900 in work that needed done (My cost). What’s their cost? Half that?) In about a week and a half I had been it touch with over 30 dealerships trying to find the right vehicle. This dealership had a used Honda CRV that was over my budget but I thought maybe I could get close to making it work. SO I let them appraise my Jeep. About 15 of the dealerships came back with a number around $4,500.00 trade in on my Jeep, which fit with my research. My vehicle in 2010 had an airbag deployment but no damage to the actual engine, which shows up on Carfax so I 'get that' but I'm also aware that even at the auction they would get $5,000.00 if they chose not to keep it. Vehicles like mine are selling through private sellers all day at $7,000.00 or up online. Bottom line $2500.00 was an insult from an incredibly rude guy who talked down to me like somehow I was supposed to sell my vehicle for $2,500.00. I have no idea how this company got so many positive reviews, especially since then, by talking to others within the industry they have had a reputation as being unscrupulous. I understand that the last remark is subjective but I'm extremely suspicious of the majority of positive reviews for them based on what I'm now hearing from friends and family. I'll stand by my incredible horrible experience with them to anyone. I had a mirror that had recently been broken and some rust. Total cost like I said was $900.0 for everything! My mirror in the estimate was $115.00 plus labor. He told me it was going to cost $700.00 and this is their appraiser!!!!??? When I confronted him with the facts he said well never mind that $700.00 dollar remark and went on attacking my vehicle which is extremely clean on the inside and has a lot of extra's, brand new tires, ect.. Then he wouldn't shake my hand when I got fed up and was going to leave. I then threw the piece of paper with the phony appraisal at him. (15 minutes later, after following me when I went to get my keys they were holding and continuing to argue with me while demanding to know what dealerships in the area offered me $4500.00 trade in claiming he'd call them and sell them my Jeep. Then he finally shook my hand when I again went to leave, disgruntled at best, promising to have the salesperson who originally dealt with me call me if they found something that would work for me. They never called... surprise, surprise.) Poor guy who originally dealt with me was nice enough. He'd likely only make a couple hundred on my deal but instead he has to deal with a company he works for that wants to make $2,000.00 on the vehicle they are selling and AT LEAST $2,000.00 (more in this case) on the vehicle they are getting as a trade. He literally told me that he can't sell me the Honda because he had already came done in price and there wasn't any room to move on my trade. In other words, since they weren't making enough money on the vehicle they were selling they set my trade-in way low!!!!??? He didn't say that but that's what it means. Beware #1 Cochran anything. Beware the great reviews. Anyone could put up a good review. Just because I have to check at the end of this review "I'm not associated with any other dealership" doesn't mean someone making a review on here isn't part of their team or at minimum someone they know or family. Who checks? I'll stand by my review to anyone. Word is through people in the industry they didn't get to the top by always being on the up and up. Low balling my Jeep and insulting peoples intelligence doesn't seem like a great way to do business. My advice, don't do business with them. Look at the bad reviews on here and you'll see how they match up. Look at the good reviews and you'll see how generic most appear. Bottom line, check with friends and family, make calls and do your homework before you deal with them.

#1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills responded to this review

September 30, 2013

Mr. Lonero, We understand your disappointment if we were unable to offer what you feel your vehicle is worth. We’re sorry we couldn’t come to an agreement. Due to the mileage, exterior damage and Carfax (airbag deployment), further evaluation was necessary. We then applied the estimate to repair the broken mirror and external vehicle damage (dents/rust). Based on these variables, we believe our offer was fair. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, and we’re happy to discuss other options. Sincerely, #1 Cochran Customer Care Team

tlonero responded to this review

September 21, 2013

PRIVATE Response From: #1 Cochran Nissan of South Hills Added: 9/21/2013 12:31:21 PM We can understand your disappointment if we weren't able to offer you what you'd hoped for your vehicle. We're sorry you've had a negative experience with our team. If there is anything we can do to turn your experience with our dealership around, please send us your contact information to feedback@cochran.com. Sincerely, Leslie Ozer

tlonero responded to this review

September 21, 2013

People only hope for what is fair, not to be insulted. My vehicle clearly worth the $4,500 on trade. KBB even states actually a bit higher. Upon fixing the mirror and the little rust it's significantly higher. Your patronizing "understanding of my disappointment" doesn't begin to address your sales tactics and the unscrupulous nature of false appraisals. A dishonest remark like fixing my mirror would cost $700.00 and then your employee blowing off my knowledge of the actual cost speaks volumes. Greed will eventually teach your company a lesson. No one can sustain that kind of business model for long.

mclaughlinb
9/03/2013

"Over the years I have dealt with North Star, Centry III,..."

Over the years I have dealt with North Star, Centry III, Massey,and Crivelli. all GM dealers none of them come close to the Cochran team work that I had just experienced, I will recomend #1 Cochran to everyone in the future. THANJ YOU ! Bob McLaughlin

Ian Sharpley