Atlantic Hyundai

193 Sunrise Hwy,
West Islip, New York 11795
Atlantic Hyundai Info
About Atlantic Hyundai

Atlantic Hyundai has been serving the Tri-State area for over 30 years as the #1 Hyundai dealer in the world. Atlantic Hyundai strives to continue being the leader in Sales & Service. We accomplish our goal by providing every customer with a Truly Exceptional and personal experience and treat them as a guest in our home, every time, without fail, no exceptions!!

About Atlantic Hyundai Learn More

Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

1,723 Dealership Reviews
DLM
5/28/2015

"Rough start, but ended great!"

Ultimately I find Atlantic to be a 5 star shop. I have purchased several cars from them and have always left satisfied and happy with my purchase. I purchased a 2015 Genesis last week, ultimately left happy, but the deal almost fell through. Sandra, whom I have previously dealt with was not in, so I worked with Dayshawn Wade. Dayshawn was great (as Sandra always is). Very helpful and tried to make things good when we hit a few speed bumps. The car I wanted, listed on line, was actually not available, and was also being used as a loaner. The web site was not up to date. Found this out after working on the sale with Dayshawn for 4 hours! Was not happy, BUT, Dayshawn and Sales Manager seemed as surprised as me and worked very hard to identify an exact match in stock at the holding lot. They were sincerely apologetic, and the car was beautiful. I feel it was a very fair deal and with everything all in, at the end of the day, I feel they did a great job making amends, being sincere, and making me happy once again that I went to trusty Atlantic for my new Genesis.

Dashawn Wade

Diane & Rob
5/25/2015

"Great Experience"

Diego was simply the best. He patiently showed us one car after the next. He worked with us to finalize a deal that worked for all parties. I could not ask for a better experience.

SHEKINAHMACMILLAN
5/25/2015

"Easy and accommodating "

Atlantic Hyundai was the best. I actually went in to try a used sonata because I didn't think I could afford a new one, but I loved it so much that I decided I wanted to invest in a new one. They were WONDERFUL at working out a price for me. We had some less than optimal situations working against us (my old car- not a hyundai- died out with $7500 left to pay on the loan) and they totally worked with us to come up with a price that we could manage. They have a huge selection at their lot, and as a result, we were able to take a car home that day (the exact model in the exact color and with the exact add-ons that I wanted). They have a great selection in the front, but then they keep a bunch in this huge storage area in the back (so if you don't see exactly what you want- don't just walk away; they most likely have the car!). The car was literally brand new- they had to unwrap it out of its plastic and came with a full tank of gas (and because of its fuel efficiency, it lasted much longer than I'm used to). Our salesperson Mike was great (knowledgeable and willing to help you and suggest things that could help you make an informed decision, but laid back and not obnoxiously "in your face" like a lot of salespeople can be). I was very happy with Mike and my experience with all of the people who helped me at Atlantic Hyundai and have been very happy with my new car!

PETRONIO

Jeff Benze
5/20/2015

"Hyundai Santa Fe Sport"

I looked on line for a car that would fit 3 child/baby seats in the back seat. The Santa Fe Sport fit the bill. It has more rear shoulder and hip room than any other SUV in it's category and even more than the '03 Highlander it replaced. It has the same inside passenger room as the larger regular Santa Fe model and the base model was affordable for us. First we talked with Dave Toomey who directed us to salesman Michael Petronio. Both of these gentleman were great to work with. We are especially grateful to Mike who shared his knowledge and provided us with the most courteous service. It took us only a couple of hours to test drive a car and then find one that fit the bill. We drove out with a new car. The gentleman who spoke with us from the finance department worked to find just the right loan. We are totally satisfied with Atlantic Hyundai (and we love the Santa Fe Sport)!

Michael Petronio

Robert242769
5/13/2015

"Horrible service advisor"

Went to Hyundai for service on my 2013 Sonata john was the service adviser handling my service my car was in the shop for 3 weeks with no calls about updates nothing finally I had to call to find out what the problem was john was not in another service advisor told me my car was ready for 3 days ok so I go to pick up my car that day and when I do 2 dents where noticed on my car so Tim a supervisor. Was called and when he approached me he had said we are not going to dance this dance again . Not a hello or how are you just that stupid comment bc we had past issues with dents they caused . I left that comment alone. He had told me he was going to look at cameras it should take about 15 min an hour and half later I had asked him politely how much longer his reply was when I'm done and I find it I'll leg you know .i told him I would be back in tomorrow just gave me an attitude next day I return to wait 45. Min again to have him tell me damage was done here and brought me to john grasso who right away got in my face screaming telling me I was talking bad about him meanwhile one of his co workers had said don't deal with him he is horrible I left very frustrated and contacting a higher up from this matter very unprofessional people they will sell u a car real quick than u r just another number beware

ktumsuden
5/11/2015

"Blown engine with regular maintenance"

I purchased a used 2011 Sonata a little under a year ago for my daughter. While my daughter was driving on the parkway, the engine turned off. We had Atlantic Hyundai tow it back to their shop, which is where we bought the vehicle. after a few day, I was told that the engine seized due to fault maintenance. My daughter changed the oil in this care at 2500 miles or below throughout the year she owned it. I was told that because we didn't have the extended warrantee, that we would have to replace the engine at a cost of $6700. I told them about the oil changes but it didn't matter. sorry, nothing we can do. I had the car towed to my mechanic to have a second look at it. the oil in the pan was clean but had tons of metal shavings in it. He called a friend of his at a different Hyundai dealership and was told that they have been replacing 1 or 2 engines a week on this model. So I decided to Google 2011 Hyundai engine seize. dozens of people on just 1 site had the same problem. I have since had to rent a car for my daughter to go to school while I see what legal options I have. Hopefully this review helps anyone looking to buy a used car. I thought by buying a Hyundai, that I was getting a quality car backed up by a trust worthy dealership. I was wrong.

rld
5/07/2015

"Excellent Hyundai Dealership"

Shopped prices for a 2015 Hyundai Sonata online, via truecar & Edmunds. Advised the dealership and my salesman (Jason Karen) of the price I expected. Visited the dealership and after a short back and forth purchased the car I wanted for the price I expected. My salesman Jason Karen was professional and great to work with...no pressure...no stress. I would buy again from Atlantic.

Jason Karen

billmac
5/05/2015

"Graet Salesman-Good experience"

Vic Carver was our salesman and made the overall experience about as good as it could be.A trip to a car dealership is normally as attractive as a ground glass sandwich but Vic took the pain out of it.

dmmm90
5/05/2015

"Great Customer Service "

I've had my 2015 Hyundai Sonota for just over a week, and I have no complaints. Being a first time car buyer, I knew I wasn't going to get the most amazing deal under the sun, but they worked with what I had and I was very pleased. The salesman, Paul, I dealt with was extremely nice and super understanding; he didn't try to shove anything down my throat. Great first time experience. If they keep this up, I can honestly say that I'm a lifetime customer. KUDOS!

NYDON
5/04/2015

"Exceptional dealership"

I purchased a 2015 Sonata a week ago with Andrea Contreras as my salesperson.She was very kind,patient and courteous.She was also very professional,super helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the newly designed Sonata.Her efforts and price convinced me that the new Sonata was for me. This was my second time buying a Hyundai at this dealership and this experience was even better than the first time. I highly recommend this dealership and Andrea Contreras. An exceptional dealership !!!!!

Andrea Contreras