BMW of Salem

Service Manager

Gary Glaze, Service Advisor, BMW of Salem

Gary Glaze

March 02, 2017

"Great Service leads to Sales"

- Ted R

We moved to the Pacific NW settling in Corvallis late last year and needed service on our BMW 335is. Friends in the BMW CCA recommended BMW of Salem and I took their advice. The service department provides exemplary service, other dealerships should take lessons from these folks in Salem. They listen to you, are considerate of your needs and desires, and they get the job done, correctly, and the first time, for a fair cost. I highly recommend BMW of Salem for service on your car. When we needed to replace an older vehicle, I diligently looked at different brands and dealerships but found that we gravitated toward the European brands. I traveled between Portland and Eugene, visited several European brand dealerships and decided that our affinity for BMW vehicles continues. One dealership rose to the top, BMW of Salem; I already know and trust their Service Department and found that Brian Kemmerle, in Sales, who continues the superb customer focus that I experience in Service. I began working with Brian and when ready I scheduled an appointment with him for my wife and I to come in and look at and drive a selection of Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. Brian is extremely knowledgable about BMW products and services, he listens to our questions and our desires, he provides clear, concise, understandable answers to our questions, and he provides reasoned suggestions on directions to take that may provide answers to what we need and want. All of this is done without a sense of pressure or feeling that we are wasting his time, just the opposite he made us feel that he was here for us. We were able to sort through our thoughts, the various vehicles available, and decided to purchase one. Now on to the purchasing part....my experience has been that this is often like a trip to the dentist. Not true at BMW of Salem. The dealership reflects a professional demeanor which every person I have come into contact maintains. This was the smoothest vehicle purchase I have ever had in my 40+ years of buying cars. In Summary: I found BMW of Salem provides great Service, I returned to the dealership when it was time to purchase a vehicle and, unsurprisingly, have found that it is a great place to purchase a BMW. I unreservedly recommend BMW of Salem to anyone needing Service or looking to buy a vehicle.

August 29, 2016

"BMW of Salem has a lack of integrity or incompetent"

- Max Ahmad

I usually do not rate businesses. But what happened to me was beyond "normal" car business model. I went to BMW of Salem and wanted to buy a new 2016 BMW X1. They told me that they will give me "XYZ" for a trade-in value for my 2011 BMW 335I hard-top convertible. So far so good. The next thing they said /wrote up had me "spitting nails"! They told me that my car "leaked" oil, etc. and thus they deduct $4000 from the trade-in value they had offered. What they did not know is that I had a "normal" service done at another BMW dealership only ten days ago. The other dealership gave a "clean bill of health" for my car at that time. And about three years ago, navigation system on my 2011 BMW 335I had an issue (it was still under warranty). They told me that it was all in my head and that is how BMW navigation system works. I took my car to the other BMW dealership, and they immediately informed me that indeed there was a problem with my navigation system. They replaced it in accordance to the BMW warranty. My conclusion is this: 1) BMW of Salem has a lack of integrity or 2) they are incompetent or 3) they are incompetent & not very honest. I bought my 2016 BMW X1 from the other dealership (and trading in my 2011 BMW 3351 at a fair price). Thus, I would urge others not to go BMW of Salem at any cost.

August 08, 2016

"THE ULTIMATE BUYING EXPERIENCE "

- Joan C

Brian is low key and very knowledgeable.He was courtesy of our time so transaction was smooth and quick.We would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

New 2016 BMW 328i, $40695