Babelli Motor Car Company

Babelli Motor Car Company Info

Westcoast Auto Sales

Super Remate de Autos

"Unbelievable."

MAX sold me a beautiful car but stole just about everything it came with. The advertisement stated the car included with original car mats, a remote for keyless entry, and brand new tires. When I got the car home, lo-and-behold, the mats were switched out, the remote was "missing", and the tires had miraculously changed to an off-brand with little-to-no tread. My elation over the "new" car quickly dissolved when I realized all these features were gone/missing and the windshield had been etched with a huge "X" and "SOLD". Apparently, at some point, someone marked the car with a permanent marker that contained an etching fluid. These marks are a complete danger as they are now within my line of vision when driving the car. I tried to get the marks buffed out but apparently the fluid has etched past the film on the windshield and will now cost over $2,000 to fix. When I called to make some sense of everything, Max was not eager to help. He was rude and immediately defensive. At the end of the day, I am SOL and disappointed with this dealership.

"Typical bait and switch. Pressure sales. Deceitful and Angry"

Beware of this dealer. The owner Max not only tries to sneak in extra charges such as GAP insurance and other costs, he does not deliver what is advertised. The pictures of his cars show everything and when you pick up he will have a lot of stuff missing. He has nice cars but just be careful with the car salesperson tactics. Kept asking for a positive review online but how can I? Be honest and good reviews will automatically come.

max

"I bought a truck online from this dealership. I had many..."

I bought a truck online from this dealership. I had many conversations with a sales person named Sami. He promised me the truck was in excellent shape. It had no issues and did not leak oil. So I paid for the over priced vehicle and had it shipped home. My first issue was I didn't get any paperwork for the truck. I had to wait a week for the paperwork. I took the paperwork to the DMV and they denied registration. It turns out the dealership did not have the proper paperwork to sell me the truck. So I call the dealership and they want me to send them all the paperwork back. They would fix it. After about 2 months and several phone calls to them I finally get the SAME paperwork back excluding an important power of attorney letter I needed. Basically it took 6 months for me to figure out a way to get my truck registered without Babelli Motors help. The perfect truck also needed over $7K in repairs. And yes, It leaked oil all over my garage floor. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from BABELLI MOTORS!!!!!!!!!

Sami

"Sold me a pre owned car with hidden bodily damage. They..."

Sold me a pre owned car with hidden bodily damage. They are in the business of deception behind the name of a deal. stay away or expect to get burnt

Sam

"What a pleasure it was working with Max, the owner of..."

What a pleasure it was working with Max, the owner of Babelli Motors when buying my 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spider. Integrity and honesty are how they operate. This was the first time I bought an exotic car without seeing it in person and Max the owner made me feel very comfortable with my buying experience. My Lamborghini got delivered to me in 6 days in an enclosed shipper and I was amazed with the vehicle. It looked better in person than it did in the pictures. Nowadays, finding a trustworthy dealer when buying a luxury automobile without seeing it is very rare, but Max and his team are the best and I really appreciate their honesty plus input. I must say I had my doubts from my prior experiences with car dealers, but let me tell you it was refreshing to see the car as described, in fact better than the descriptions. From now on when I buy my car, Babelli Motorcar Company is the only place I am going. No snobby people here, just grade "A" service that makes sure to take care of you. I really felt like family. Max even called me to follow up after my Lamborghini was in my possession "he's the man and I am the fan!" Thanks Again Max, Cyrus E.

Max

"Just purchased a Lotu Evora and had it shipped to Hawaii...."

Just purchased a Lotu Evora and had it shipped to Hawaii. I found the car on Auto Trader and it advertised Navigation and many other things. The sales person, Lowell also told me the car had Nav. When I received the car, I discovered it did not have navigation and the card have a bad battery. When I called back, I was informed that Lowell was no longer working there and that they never advertised the vehicle with having Navigation. When I called them, the Auto Trader web page was up and it said Navigation included. They waited until the car was removed from Auto Trader and then told me I did not have navigation on it and that they were not responsible for what Auto Trader advertises. I informed they that I made copies and photographs of Auto Trader advertising navigation. They then told me too bad. I now intent on taking this company to court and working with Auto Trader to band them from their company. Also, I just got off the phone while writing this and was told that Babelli was responsible for what they advertised on Auto Trader. Auto Trader asked me to contact the authorities to report this as a crime and to contact the Better Business Bauru. The lady at Auto Trader was very nice and seemed very upset with this company. Again, I do not recommend this company!

Max (owner) and Lowell (sales)

"I had chosen a car at Babelli motors and submitted credit..."

I had chosen a car at Babelli motors and submitted credit application. They ran my credit application and I was told I was approved and things were submitted to the bank. I made several calls to set appt to pick up car. I was called later to inform that another deal had been done and a deposit was placed on the car by someone else. This stated was made by Lowell a very dishonest and disreputable person therein. It turns out that there was not a deposit on the car and he contacted someone that he was working with to sink the deal--mind you I had made arrangements to purchase the car. There was much back and forth with the dealer. I spoke to Michael the finance manager who was assisting me on my end. I was informed that Michael is overwhelmed and doesn't even have time to eat a sandwich. Obviously, he shouldn't be doing sales and or attending to customers on that end. Michael strung me along and led me to believe that I would get the car and later recanted with different crappy excuses. Michael did agree to follow up and try to have his team find a similar car and offer a great deal. This was several weeks ago and nothing has happened to date--surprise, surprise. I would not recommend this dealer due to my experience therein. If you must use them, avoid Lowell he is the apitamy of the tacky used car salesman and should be working on a lot that sells lemons.

Michael and Lowell

"I understand that people are entitled to their own..."

I understand that people are entitled to their own opinions whether positive or negative. As the saying goes opinions are like A- holes we all have one. I also realize that not all of our encounters in life will be good ones but my experience with Babelli was Awesome... I recently purchased a gorgeous 2007 Mercedes S550 Brabus from Babelli Motors. My experience was amazing with Max and Rick. In fact I have made 2 new friends and now go there at least once a week to talk and hang out. I am welcomed with open arms and just love talking cars with them. I've read the negative reviews and couldn't disagree more. Of course we all want to make the best deal possible but it is a 2 way street. My thoughts on buying a car have always been to pay 500 to 1500 over cost...That's what a buying service will get for you whether it be AAA or Costco...I truly believe That Babelli motors prices most of their inventory very fair so that they make 1000 to 2000 a car. Not unreasonable at all. The reason you buy used is to get more automobile for your money. You can get more of the options u want by buying used..Babelli's inventory has nice high end clean cars off lease or trade. I have been there talking to Max and Rick when customers would come in or call and they were just plain rude. If you make a ridiculous offer what do you expect. Do your homework. Write a proposal. Be professional. I did this and my deal went forward without a hitch. This country was made and founded by immigrants. If you have a problem with that it's your problem. Grow the hell up. Max worked hard for what he's got. That's the American way. Jealousy of someone's good fortune and hard work is just plain sick. I needed to stick to a certain payment. Max, Rick and I worked for hours trying to figure out how we could make this work...And we did..Rick then got the financing for me...I bought the extended warranty which I would recommend to anyone buying used for peace of mind. After all it is a used car people. Think of what your driving now it's not perfect and if you trade it in someone else gets the little things that are wrong..It's Used..Babelli's cars limit the risk upfront because they are so clean but extended warranty is a MUST!!! Mine is up to 100,00 miles and includes a technology package...They also go out of their way to fix the little things before you pick it up....Now, I have the car I wanted. All because of team work..Max, Rick and me.. I know buying a car is stressful. TRUST ME if u do your homework. Look up the Kelly Blue Book price for Babelli's car and your car. Know what they are worth and go in there as an educated consumer. The car business is shady always has been but being educated and treating people with respect goes a long way. It certainly does at Babelli Motors. Thanks Max and Rick..see u soon. Larry S

Max ( owner) and Rick

"First, Ibase my positive comments from experience as a..."

First, Ibase my positive comments from experience as a real customer having had two transactions there. Second, I am not "in" the industry, but I've bought cars from factory dealers, independents and private parties; more than I care to count. BM Ltd. are automobile dealers, not your grandmother. They can't possibly know the family line or detailed history for every scratch on every vehicle that enters their showroom. They have to rely on "others" in the industry; owners, sellers, auction staff, DMV records, Carfax; did that repair shop or ins. co. report an accident? (not). There are laws that require licensed dealers to disclose what is "factually" known to them. What you may think is a "near-total" may actually be work done to industry standards. If you believe fee-based services like Carfax are the end-all authority for all things wrong with a car, then you also believe in the tooth fairy. Take it to an independent inspector or repair shop, but keep in mind, the dealers have a right to make sure the shop is not making an unauthorized tweaks to the car, it happens (then the engine is blown). The rule for all used vehicles; As-is. Just because a car is detailed, looks nice and has a showroom clean engine says nothing about the prior history or maintenance. All dealers can detail. Babelli does not hide the detailed info about a car so you can see great photos and run an online appraisal with accurate info before wasting your gas. Babelli had maintenance records available for me. I went to the factory dealer to run the VIN to see the factory service intervals; you can do this too with a simpleVIN. Think about it, why is it so many other local dealers refuse to disclose the mileage on their "low mileage" beauty or truncate the VIN? Disclose a salvage title? They make you head across town to see their 200K+ mile beauty with mismatched tires and a spray-can paint job. The rule for all vehicles, new, used, only driven by grandma, selling for a friend etc.; As-Is, caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. If you want a new car, buy one. Doors get dings. Bumpers get scratched. Cars smell like their previous owners. Don't let Your enthusiasm cloud Your judgment. Maintain sound judgement. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If suspect, move on. Believe me, I have trusted the REAL "factory" dealer talk and have ended up with more dissatisfaction and legal experience than anyone should ever experience. As humans, we generally want to believe people are good. We want to believe a "certified pre-owned" is special because the brochure with pictures of Bavaria says so. We want to believe that the dealer with the factory logo is always reputable. Having one factory dealer validate/invalidate the other factory dealer claims in my case was frying pan into the fire, bad to worse. We want to believe the brand's jingle really does impart a special "feeling" with purchase. That unless you see a circus tent and balloons, its not legit? Factory dealers are no better than the best independents, and can certainly sink to the same depths as the worst. They're only human. Not to dampen one's enthusiasm when buying a car, be it first or fifty-first, its a metal box with four wheels, it will not make you smarter or better looking. Use Your own head, stay objective. At the end of the day, Your opinion is the only opinion (or trusted mechanic) involved in an auto purchase. To make an informed decision, learn some auto buying basics before you buy. Love it or leave it "before" you sign and its no sweat off anyone's brow if you walk. But above all, take responsibility before writing ridiculous stories about fenders falling off. Having said that, Babelli usually maintains a respectable assortment of autos, many just off lease, usually low mileage, good condition and a fair price. If you compare to many other independent dealers in the area, above par quality. Look at unfiltered reviews, then look in the mirror and repeat this; am I actually prepared and qualified to buy a used car? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Caveat Emptor. Always.

Max

"The Experience: I was in the market for a BMW 5..."

The Experience: I was in the market for a BMW 5 series. I was driving to another dealership when I just happened to notice their shop. I first walked into Babelli on a Sunday at about 11am and the place was empty minus one salesman, Lowell. My first impression of him was that he didn't care if I was serious or not about buying a car there or not. I personally thought this was a good thing. He wasn't a salesman trying to shove something I didn't want down my throat (which the other dealerships I visited that day did). I explained to him that I was looking for a BMW 5 series and what my price range was, he pointed out two cars that they had on their showroom floor, although one was pending sale he still went over both cars for me (options, price, ect). When we talked we talked as if we were car buddies just discussing cars, sometimes about the cars I was looking at sometimes about just other cars we liked. I never felt pressured. After a good thirty minutes of just talking I explained that I had a few other places that I wanted to look at other BMWs and thanked him for his time. He didn't bat an eye and didn't try to push me to stay. He gave me his card and told me to call him if I had any other questions. After visiting the other dealerships I planned to visit that day I ended up going back to Babelli to take another, closer look at the cars that they had in my price range. Again I spoke with Lowell and we went over the car in more detail (BMW 545i SMG). We then took it out for a test drive. Lowell drove the car off the lot and down the street to demonstrate the SMG for me. When we pulled over to switch he stated to just head back to the dealership which was no more then a 3 minute drive back on one road. I didn't request a longer test drive and kind of wished I had I might not have bought the car but we will get back into that later. I liked the car, the body was in great condition minus a few dings and from rocks which on a 6 year old car you have to expect, the interior was in almost perfect condition. As far as I could tell the rest of the car was in perfect working order. Then comes the fun part... Financing... First we talked on the price of the car which they would not budge which was fine the price was reasonably priced even compared to KBBs suggestion. The main problem was the price of my trade in. After about an hour of back and forth they gave a price that I was comfortable of trading it in for. Then came the bank game... I have decent credit (662 I think it was) so I was fairly certain credit wouldn't be a problem, boy was I wrong. The only offer they got back from any of the banks was a 9.99% rate and they wanted another two thousand down payment (I was already putting 2k down). I refused to accept this and also couldn't accept it, I didn't have any more to put down. By this time it was 5pm and I figured it was time to just walk away. Reluctantly they stated that since most all other banks were closed for the day that there wasn't any more they could do. They stated that they would check with some more banks on Monday and also requested that I check my current banks as well. They also gave me the number of a couple contacts outside of their "financing circle" to try on my own as well. I really liked the car and not being able to make a deal kind of bummed me out but I was ready to call it and not peruse the car any further. A couple days go by I tried a bit on my own and they also tried on their end and came though. However it was still 9.99% they gave me an additional $500 on my trade in and an additional $500 off the price of the car in order to qualify me for the loan. What they didn't tell me was that they also removed the gap coverage as well, which I wanted. I explained that I wouldn't do a 9.99% interest, they came back stating that we could do an option contract where I would have 5 days to find financing on my own or just accept the 9.99%. I gave in, the payments were still cheaper then my current car and way better gas mileage (surprising going from a 6 to an 8...) which was what I was out shopping for. I went in on Wednesday and signed the paperwork and took the car home. I started shopping for a better rate and was able to get one at 7.05% which was still high but better. I got a call on Friday stating that they got me 6.5% which shocked me... It wasn't that much better then what I had gotten myself but still better and... they really didn't have to keep looking for me. They had the sale, contract signed done deal yet they still went out and kept looking for a better deal on my behalf. Definite + in customer service. However the finance company wanted so much information and then more information and then more information... After already going back to the dealership two times they offered to meet me at my work to sign the rest of the paperwork. Definite + in customer service. The Car: As I stated above I wish I had taken the car for more of a test drive to get a better feel for the car. Now the problem is more with not really driving another one of these to see the difference between the two. The SMG transmission is different, it isn't your usual Automatic or Manual it is an electronic shift paddle shift or shifter up/down shift with an Automatic Mode. So driving it was weird and a learning experience... Not comfortable with the SMG I tried just the Automatic on my way home. The car shifts hard and delayed, during the test drive I told myself that this was just because I wasn't use to drive the car. After having it about a week I feel more and more that there is a problem. Fortunately the car is supposedly still under warranty (haven't checked yet) and I purchased an extending 100k warranty on the motor and transmission. Only other problem with the car/sales process I had is the tires were pretty much bald, maybe 5,000 miles before they were completely bald. I would think a dealership would have had them replaced before the car was put up for sale. I kept trying to get them to put a set on for free but they wouldn't and only offered to assist me on getting a set put on though one of their contacts for their price. Summary: The experience was great and a nightmare at the same time. The staff was great and always portrayed that they had me the customer in mind. The car could be in better condition and should have been and it is my fault for not having it inspected by an independent service station before purchase and not budging about new tires. The car is "BMW Certified" so lets hope that if there is a problem it is minimal and if not it is covered...

Lowell, Max, Ryan & James