Babylon Honda - Service Center

1, Q, NY 90987

11 Lifetime Reviews for this Service CenterWrite a Review

• Pricing:

Is this your Service Center?
Learn about our Certified Service Center Program and claim this page
See Sales Reviews For This Dealership
"Had an issue with my Accord starter that was under..."

poppaamick
3/27/2014 11:00:46 AM

Fenix VillarFenix Villar

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

Had an issue with my Accord starter that was under warranty. Ted Hanlon, who gave me an excellent deal on the car directed me to Mr.Villar who scheduled an appointment the NEXT DAY. Fenix made sure the problem was fixed and explained what was wrong and how it was repaired in detail...but in plain terms not technical jargon. While waiting Fenix kept me updated on how long the wait would be, which was reasonable. The new Service Facility is state of the art and all personnel there were extremely courteous which is important to me when dealing with auto repairs.
Great Experience! I'll be back for routine service when needed.

Added: 4/5/2014 11:47:43 AM

poppaamick,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review of Ted Hanlon and Fenix in our service department.

We work hard to make sure customers are 100% satisfied and appreciate hearing that we hit the target again.

Our Service Department is unbelievable and the guys in service work closely with sales to make sure issues are handled quickly.

Thanks again!!!

Customer Relations Manger
631-699-800 x 154
davidarcher@babylon-honda.com

Twitter
"I have been dealing with Chris for many years and would..."

LoriGofterRN
2/17/2014 4:01:12 AM

Chris MarinoChris Marino

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

I have been dealing with Chris for many years and would not see anyone else. Very professional and always available to assist me. I have bought 4 new cars from Babylon Honda and have referred all my family. Would not go anywhere else.

Added: 2/25/2014 2:40:05 PM

Lori,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience here at Babylon Honda!! We look forward to working with you again soon!!

Twitter
"I brought my son's 2008 Civic Si in for oil..."

bscammon
8/22/2013 4:52:32 PM

Reed CroninReed Cronin

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

I brought my son's 2008 Civic Si in for oil consumption issues. What I expected was a tremendous amount of red tape and frustration, what I experienced was unparalleled customer service in which the many other area dealerships could learn a great deal from. Phil Harvey and Reed Cronin very patiently explained the Honda Care claim process and contacted me every step of the way, letting me know the status of my claim and subsequent repair. Phil even went as far to contact me on his day off, just to let me know that the claim had been approved and the repairs had begun. It is apparent in the condition of the vehicle when it was returned that the mechanic, Joe Cooke, is a consummate professional. I have owned 9 Honda vehicles and have had them serviced at many dealerships over the course of twenty years. I have never been compelled to write a review until now, and I would not consider taking my car or purchasing a car from any other dealership after experiencing, what I would consider to be the best service I have received to date.

Twitter
"I was very impressed as was my wife with the overall..."

Diandchas
4/3/2013 9:01:41 AM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
All the people in the service department
right down to the cashier.

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

I was very impressed as was my wife with the overall informative,friendly and courteous service we recieved on bringing our car (CRV) in for service. Another very important aspect was how prompt and quickly we were given service to on Saturday,March30th. We were in and out (as promised) in a half hour. I am very glad we chose to shop at Honda of Babylon and wil do so willingly again.

Added: 4/3/2013 5:53:30 PM

Diandchas,

Thank you for taking the time to write these nice comments about the Service Department here at Babylon Honda!! We stirve for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate hearing positive feedback from our customers.

We appreciate your business and will continue to provide you with great service in the future!

Thanks again,

Twitter
"I bought a Certified Pre-Owned Honda Element at Babylon..."

rsadowy2
3/14/2013 10:00:20 AM

Chris MarinoChris Marino

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

I bought a Certified Pre-Owned Honda Element at Babylon Honda 5 months ago. Last week I had a problem with the battery and had to jump start the car. When I arrived for service I was handled by Chris Marino. I told him about the battery problem and also asked him to check the TPMS sensor and perform a free oil and filter change as per the purchase agreement. He said that it would take about 45 minutes and he was right on. He informed me that the battery tested weak but since it was not covered under the warranty he would have to charge me $109.00 to replace the battery. Since I bought the car only 5 months ago it did not seem fair, so I talked to the Pre-Owned Sales Manager, Anthony Salomone. After discussing the situation with him, he authorized Chris to replace the battery and only charge me $20 for labor. I was very happy with this outcome and also the entire service experience. I would definitely recommend Babylon Honda to my friends and family.

Roman Sadowy

Added: 3/14/2013 10:25:23 AM

Roman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the service you have received at Babylon Honda. We understand that there issues may arise but we work hard to make sure we can work out a solution and satisfy the customer.
Thanks again for your review of Babylon Honda!! We hope to assist you again in the future!!

631-669-88200 x 154

Twitter
"Car problems are a BIG pain. Fenix, our service adviser..."

dhay2001
2/16/2013 1:57:24 PM

Fenix

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

Car problems are a BIG pain. Fenix, our service adviser for this visit, actually listened to what the issues were. Result: car repaired to my satisfaction on the first go around. He did not try to 'sell' me more than was needed...I appreciate that because a repair is usually a big expense. Also, he recognized that we are loyal customers, and worked with me to resolve issue. Thanks, Fenix. Job well done!

Added: 2/16/2013 2:15:18 PM

Thank you for the kind words about Fenix and the service department at Babylon Honda. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and are always happy when we satisfy a customer! Thank you for your loyalty to Babylon Honda and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.
Thanks again!!

Twitter
"We went to Babylon Honda for 10 years for service on our..."

pbug56
10/26/2012 10:35:22 PM

I Recommend This Service Center: No
don't remember
don't want to remember

2.0

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

We went to Babylon Honda for 10 years for service on our Ody. We often had to bring the car back to either get a fix redone or finished or to repair something the mechanics broke when fixing something else. We went once to have an accessory added; we had to find the Honda parts on our own and provide the installation instructions since the dealership didn't know how.

It took us a while to realize how much they lied. They have a policy; something is not broken (under warranty) until it either falls off or the computer pops up the right codes. For instance, our transmission was running rough long before the extended warranty ran out, but hey - no codes, no puddles of fluid under the car, so nothing wrong. Of course, after time (not mileage) ran out on the warranty, the trannie finally failed - under acceleration in traffic. And they didn't tell us that the rebuilt Honda trannie they would put in (mostly at our expense) did not fix the the problem that caused the failure, and that the rebuilds were done in a way to ensure that the replacement would die as soon as the warranty expired.

They also have a highly inflated maintenance schedule for your car, designed to make them a lot more money.

Twitter
"Phil always takes care of me whenever I need something he..."

Iabgrp54
10/22/2012 4:58:05 PM

Phill Harvey

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

Phil always takes care of me whenever I need something he is the reason I keep coming back to Babylon Honda!! Thanks Phil I appreciate everything.

Twitter
"I bought my Honda Civic from Babylon Honda five years..."

jneeni
10/22/2012 4:10:06 PM

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

I bought my Honda Civic from Babylon Honda five years ago, so this rating is more-or-less based solely on their service department.

I have been taking my car to Babylon Honda since I purchased it and honestly, I have never had a significant problem with them. There have been a few times that I've gotten lost in a transfer-loop when calling in to make my appointments, but I always eventually land where I need to and the person on the other line is courteous and doesn't waste your time (which I like).

Yes, they recommend what some might call "unnecessary services", but it is a dealership auto shop. You kind of need to expect that. Regardless, I have never walked out of the shop feeling like I'd been swindled out of more money than would seem fair. Also, they always consult with me before they perform any work for things which I have not directly brought the car in for and they provide a price upfront for the recommended service work.

There have been times where I have waited several hours for my car to be finished and then there have been times where I have waited less than forty-five minutes. I've almost exclusively taken my car in on Saturday mornings and the waiting area is fairly crowded until 11am. Again, these are things you need to be prepared for if you decide to take your car into a dealership's shop. I bring a book and settle in for a while and I've only had to ask how much longer my car would be one time.

They're friendly, they keep my car running smoothly and they have decent hours. I won't bash any other Honda dealerships here, but Babylon Honda -- as far as my original purchase is concerned -- was the only dealership that did not give me a hard time or make me feel like I was any less important than their other potential customers. I'm not asking for five-star treatment. I'm just looking for respect as a customer and that's what keeps me coming back to Babylon Honda.

Twitter
"We have a 2002 Ody bought at Babylon Honda. Except when..."

pbug56
1/24/2012 10:17:55 AM

I Recommend This Service Center: No

3.2

My Review Of Babylon Honda:

We have a 2002 Ody bought at Babylon Honda. Except when we've had problems on the road we've had all work done there. We've always kept up with normal maintenance.

They did repairs after the car was rear-ended. Paint work was sloppy, rear hatch struts keep failing - things seem just a bit out of line.

We've had assorted dash light failures - sometimes they work, sometimes not. When the dealership has worked on it, they always leave something undone, or something new gets broken.

They are very bad at follow up on parts not in stock.

And then there is our transmission. For those who don't know, Ody trannies are designed to burn out. The first one may last 80 to 90 k miles - in our case 90k, but several months after the extended warranty ran out. Not knowing better, we had them replace it with a Honda rebuilt. What we didn't know is that the rebuilds are meant to not even last as long as a set of tires. Several causes - in our 2002, no replaceable filter. It runs hot - an decent external cooler (after market about $50) would help a lot. There is also a defective valve that robs the clutch engagements of enough fluid pressure under some circumstances and that causes the clutches to wear out. The shredded parts then circulate through the trannie (since there's no viable filter) and help shred other parts and also clog up the trannie making the pressure problem on the clutches even worse.

The problem with the dealer is that they won't tell the truth about it. Reason is simple - replacing trannies is very profitable. We asked them about putting in a cooler, they told us not needed. Better fluid (before Honda changed theirs) - not needed. Etc. Lies up on lies upon lies.

These guys are not to be trusted.

Reviews 11-20 >>