Barry's Auto Group

Harbro Sales & Service Inc

Lbarry
2/27/2015

"Response to Mr Carter"

Mr. Carter, I am terribly sorry to see that your experience wasn't perfect when purchasing your 2007 Cadillac. I completely understand your concern and I wish that you had come to me or my General Sales Manager so we could explain our internal warranty a bit better since it appears that even with the warranty sheet that was given to you, you are still under the impression that "seepage" is something that is covered under our warranty. You are correct that your Cadillac does have some small seepage with the oil; however there are no warranties that cover a seeping oil pan, only if they are leaking. Our goal is always to make sure our customers are as happy as possible with their purchases and is it quite clear from your review that you certainly weren't. I wish we could cover every issue that happens with the pre-owned vehicles we sell but unfortunately that just isn't the case and that is also why we offer a fleet of extended service contracts, even though they still wouldn't have covered small seepage. I wish you the best of luck and if there is anything we can do for you, or if you would like to discuss this situation further please do not hesitate to email me at lbarry@barrymotors.com as I would like to attempt to rectify this situation for you. Thank you for your feedback though, as this is the only way we will grow. Sincerely, Lucas Barry

Charlie Leonard

Gary
2/16/2015

"F&R Auto has met their match!!!"

33 years of military service... Multiple deployments... I finally found the real enemy!!! I purchased a used DTS the day of the blizzard. I identified a burning oil smell during the test drive. The salesman said it was probably overspill from the oil change. The plan was for me to take my truck back home until they figured out where the smell was coming from. The sales manager thought it best that I take the DTS home instead of my truck in the event I damaged the truck on my ride home in the storm. I agreed. I made an appointment for the following Monday which had to be rescheduled for today due to the second blizzard. I arrived there at 0800 as scheduled and my car wasn't taken in till 1100. The dealership had a monitor in the waiting area so I was able to watch my car throughout the process. They spent all of five minutes looking at my car and by 1230 they told me that it would cost me $2200 dollars to repair. They could not locate the leak but identified that it was in fact leaking oil which I already determined and also had pictures for proof. The sales manager was told that it was possibly leaking from the oil pan which was not covered under warrantee. I explained to him that this car is known for the lower crank case having leaks. He departs for a few minutes and returns and says that is not covered on the warrantee either. I made him read his warrantee and showed him where it was covered and he explains that this is what he is being told. Realize we still don't know exactly where the car is leaking from!!! I then again explained that this was part of the deal of me buying the car and he said " it wasn't written on the agreement". In lieu of losing my temper, I told him to get my car NOW!!! before I do something I may regret!!! He did so immediately! While departing I ran into the salesman who sold me the car and I gave him a piece of my mind! I began this with comparing this dealership to one that made memorable moments on YouTube!!! Having purchased a car from both dealerships, I feel qualified to make the comparison. My intent is to inform the powers to be at Newport Navy Base in hopes that they Black List this car dealership from military personnel. If I am not successful, I hope this review reaches anyone who looks at Barry's Auto Group of Newport RI for their next car purchase. BBB next!!!

Eric Botelho, Charlie Leonard, Kenny Carnevale

joescool33
1/07/2015

"the worst dealer ship ever do not go there "

The worst dealer ship I have been to they sold me a lemon check engine light comes on twice with in a couple of week of each other they check the code and said everything is fine. when my light came on Again they said the same thing at the same time i had a faulty door lock they try to fix that but still is as faulty. a air hose had a hole in it and they cut it put a smaller hose and wrap it with electronic tap and called it fixed and the sales man I worked with lies a lot he's never true to his word they tried to get me in another car with money to carry over from the lemon car and give me with higher payments with the newer car they tried giving me that's how they fix the problem. cause I would not have there so called machines work on my car because they just hack the car Waite for the warranty to be up then they will fix it right when your paying. buyers be wear don't buy from them I had to go to another dealer ship to fix my problem and be happy if u have any issues if u are a poor soul that bought from them call the department of dealership 401-462-5731

david platt , lucas brian

Kerri Santos
12/04/2014

"Happy :)"

When we knew it was time to trade in our car, Barry's was the only place to go. Thank you so much for everything you did Lou x 2.

Lou Campos, Stephen Marchand

nanmowery
11/21/2014

"Returning Loyal Customer"

Excellent service, very freindly, they made it easy for me by coming to my house to show me the vehicle and delivered it right to my house. They make it easy by registering my new 2007 Mazda CX-7 for me! We have bought several cars from Barry's and have never had any issues with any of our vehicles. I highly recommend Barry's to anyone that is looking for a reliable car!

Victoria Dubay, Eric Botelho

Warre
11/14/2014

"buying a used truck"

I needed a new truck and looked at a bunch. Went to Barry's and they were very friendly and very helpful. A nice bunch of people and they do a nice job of selling used cars.

Lou Campos

alexandra.flour
11/14/2014

"Barry's Auto Group helped me get the financing I needed"

Jose was very accommodating in getting me to experience a test-drive in a car I was interested in that was inside on the showroom floor. Steve was able to make the numbers work in order to assist me in getting the financing I needed. Thank you Barry's Auto Group.

Jose Taveras, Stephen Marchand

newcarmom1988
11/13/2014

"Less Stress"

Our salesman, Lou C., was very patient and helpful as we put forward the deal we wanted, The best part is the service done on the car before it came on the lot. I can drive it with confidence.

Young woman from office who's a great mom of 5!, Stephen Marchand, Lou Campos

Janetw
11/12/2014

"I took the drive!"

Victoria was extremely helpful in initiating a meeting with Lou on two cars I was interested in from looking at the website. She took my information and offered more options based on what I was looking for. Lou took us on two test drives and we were turned over to Steve for financing. They were all friendly and easy to work with and my visit was successful in just a couple of short hours.

Victoria Dubay, Stephen Marchand, Lou Campos

herbmac
11/07/2014

"My daughter's first car..."

I've really enjoyed working with Barry's David Platt. He took a personal interest in the purchase of my 16-year-old daughter's (just got her license!) first car. I would recommend to anyone searching for a good used car to have a talk with David Platt…very friendly and knowledgeable….

David Platt