Barry's Auto Group

Newport, Rhode Island 02840
Barry's Auto Group Info

Switz
7/31/2016

"Dishonest!! Ruined credit! "

Went to Barry's looking for a truck and stumbled upon a f150. We decided to weigh our options first and I returned 2 days later to purchase the truck. I spoke with the same sales person that day who told me to come on down. I took the hour drive to Newport and wanted to test drive the truck one last time. In middle of the test drive the sales person tells me the truck is actually in the process of being bought by another customer but we could start paperwork in case he doesn't buy. Disappointed he didn't tell me this before I made the hour drive but decided to continue. He asked to run my credit just to see where my credit is at and reassured me he wasn't going to send out any information to the banks. He comes back and tells me sorry the customer purchased the truck. Pretty disappointed with the whole situation I left without purchasing a vehicle. A couple days later I went to another dealership to purchase a truck and through the process the dealership informed me that my credit had been ran through several different banks which made my credit go down from all the hard inquiries. This also made it hard because the new dealership had to call all the banks to find out the status of approvals. All in all, not only did Barry's auto group screw me over by making me waste time and gas for nothing, he also lied and screwed with my credit. I wouldn't trust them at all. Couple trucks were in such bad condition they blew black smoke as soon as you turned on the vehicle and they were still selling them. Don't waste your time.

Joe Demelo

T. Laughlin
7/19/2016

"Honest Straightforward Purchase"

I am a former car dealer. And I have to say that my experience with Barry's was more than I expected. I had the opportunity to work with Lou Campos. He, and Lucas Barry as well both spoke with me on the telephone, listened to what I wanted, my situation and what I was hoping to accomplish. They didn't bait me with promises they couldn't keep, they were honest and forthcoming and did not diasmiss what I wanted. I got the car I wanted, at the budget I can afford and the vehicle is EXACTLY what I wanted along with a two year bumper to bumper. They "made it happen". I was a financially challenged customer. I am quite impressed. Go to Barry's.

Lou Campos, Lucas Barry

aj555
6/11/2016

"Dishonest."

This dealership is dishonest. We were interested in buying a used car and were also looking for a sale/trade-in of our car. After specifically stating they would cut a check for my wife's vehicle we came back a few weeks later under clear conditions that we were interested in, at the least, selling her car and hopefully using it as a trade-in. When she didn't like the car we had been looking at and still wanted to sell them her car they refused, claiming that they couldn't because of having just purchased 20 cars. Meanwhile, they were going to just sell hers wholesale, so having another car around adds next to no cost - just profit. I can't possibly believe that their balance sheet hinges on a $2500 purchase. No. They just weren't honest about the actual purchase and were just using that as a ploy to get us to buy one of their vehicles. The second issue we had with them was their advertised prices online do not reflect what they'll ask for in the dealership. When I called them out on this their specific quote was "yeah, we do that to get people in - everyone else does it." Unbelievable. Go. Somewhere. Else.

Chris

Tt
5/01/2016

"Chris Lavigne is the best car salesman ever!!!"

Recently purchased a Volkswagen Jetta from Barry's. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Chris is extremely accommodating and worked hard to get me the car I wanted. Would highly recommend this dealership

Chris Lavigne

hcollier
4/02/2016

"terrible customer service"

My husband and I have been searching for a car for a few months and found one at Barry's that we wanted to look at we went in and filled out paperwork they said they needed to check our credit score before theyd even let us test drive it. We got back from the test drive and we're ready to buy it and we're talking about the price and the salesperson, Richard, we were dealing with got extremely rude and spoke to us like we were stupid and was rasining his voice and was getting extremely frustrated. He is definitely not the type of Person to be doing this type of job and dealing with people .Definitely one of the worst retailer experiences I've ever had and we ended up getting up and walking out after he started to get extremely crappy and short tempered with us. Do not recommended this dealership to anyone wanting a pleasant experience.

Richard

ChevColorado05
1/08/2016

"Overall pleased with Barry's Auto Group."

I recently purchased a used truck from Barry's. I'm happy with the truck, price and the overall experience of purchasing a truck from Barry's. My salesman Chris answered all of my questions and was clear and upfront throughout the whole purchasing process. The finance guy Steve got me approved with my not so good credit and for a very fair interest rate. They handled all my dmv issues which is a plus in purchasing a used vehicle. I would 100% recommend Barry's Auto Group.

Chris , Steve

JB
1/04/2016

"Good experience "

The salesman Chris was very helpful. He got me into.a used car at a reasonable price and was able to get me top-dollar for my trade-in.

Chris Lavigne

Truckin'
12/06/2015

"Easy Experience"

I was online looking for a small truck. Found a Toyota Tacoma and chatted online on the website. Had my questions answered and came in that night for test drive with Bruce. Next day I picked up the truck and was on my way. Bruce made everything easy. So far so good.

Bruce as well as the sales manager and the online salesperson.

T Long
11/25/2015

"Beyond Happy"

Great experience here at the store. Jose was great and worked with me alot. I was referred by a friend to come in here based on a reputation of the business and I can truly say I am proud to have been referred here. Thanks Jose and Barry's Team.

Jose Taveras

Kevin T.
11/24/2015

"Total Satisfaction"

I was recently window shopping for a quality used car. I stopped in to Barry's Auto Group to check out a 2015 Chevrolet Impala that caught my eye. I was greeted by Bruce Turco, one of the sales consultants. As we were discussing the car I mentioned that I was interested but was considering a couple of other Impalas at two other dealerships. I let Bruce know what I was looking for in the way of financing and where I needed to be with a possible payment to fit my budget and with his and Steve Marchand's help they made the numbers work. After I bought the car and drove it home I noticed a few points that needed attention. They had me bring the car in and took care of my concerns making me a very happy customer. Every one at Barry's that I dealt with was more than happy to help. They were all curtious and receptive to my needs. I would definitely recommend Barry's to my friends and family. It was just a great experience.

Brian and several service technicians who unfortunately I did not get their names.All of them were great.