Barry's Auto Group

Harbro Sales & Service Inc

peter bacon
3/31/2015

"Great sales staff"

Chris Lavine was very friendly and helpful. We called ahead and he have the van we wanted ready inside the building because it was raining. He was not pushy and made the whole experience very pleasant.

Chris lavine

kevm14
3/30/2015

"Great test drive experience"

Chris and I hit it off right away, a fellow gearhead. He understood my pickiness in choosing a vehicle for my wife that I would also enjoy. He also understood that, prior to this weekend, I was not planning on purchasing a vehicle. But Chris's willingness to let me take two different vehicles home to let my wife see and drive really made a difference in making this sale. It seems obvious but the typical 10 minute drive around the block isn't going to cut it. And that was not an issue at Barry's, fortunately. The hardest part is finding a place to really experience the vehicle on the tiny island! I recommend Chris for any future customer who likes cars as much as I do (and he does). It will work out well.

Christopher Lavigne, Stephen Marchand

William miller

"Happy customer."

From Victoria the online contact person, the sales team of Chris (salesman) and Steve (manager), I found everyone I was highly professional and very helpful. I will recommend Barry's to all my friends and co-workers. Thank for an effortless transition from the renter car return to registration process-- Excellent service!

Chris, Lavine sales rep excelent job! thanks, Stephen Marchand

lunun8
3/30/2015

"Everything went smoothly and well it was a great experience."

Mr Campos was quick and efficient and helped me get a vehicle I needed and liked and could afford no hassles. Thank You very much!

Stephen Marchand, Lou Campos

curtisxmas
3/27/2015

"Fit into a tight schedule."

Arrived at Barry's on an already tight schedule. No fault of the auto dealership. Chris Lavigne met with us quickly and was effective in providing guidance when given little direction as to what we were looking for in a vehicle. While I felt that the negotiation over the price could have been more flexible, I was satisfied that both parties walked away happy. Subsequent visits to Barry's have been favorable,

Chris Lavigne

tsdavis
3/25/2015

"Pleasant Experience With Barry's Auto Group"

Came in and purchase a beautiful 2011 Dodge Caliber from Chris Lavigne. They worked with me to get me the payments I wanted and I was able to get a much newer car than I expected. The interest rate was quite low and Steve Marchand was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend anyone in the market for a new used vehicle to give Barry's the opportunity to earn your business.

Chris Lavigne, Steve Marchand

busymom
3/12/2015

"there are no words"

I work in Newport and was browsing for a vehicle , I happened to see one I liked on the lot. I tried to do application and as much as I could over the phone. I spoke with Charlie he at first was friendly. Well. I walked in to talk about the vehicle and was greeted by Victoria who was an absolute pleasure to speak with. She then introduced me to a guy named Joe very friendly telling me oh don't worry we will make this deal work. He knew what car I liked. Unfortunately because Charlie took the application I was sent to him. Omg it went down hill from there. He pretty much told me the one yes ONE bank that would look at my loan would ask for money down. I then asked him if that's what finance said. He said oh no finance is with someone but I am telling you right now the bank won't look at the loan without a cosigner. Mind you I've been employed for 6years and before that 15 years. Charlie made me feel like a nobody. He made me feel like he just wanted me out of his face. I have purchased new cars and drove them home the same day. This was a used car and I figured I would give Barry's a try even tho I read the reviews. Well let me tell you do NOT go to Barry's. Steven in finance gave me a story for hours then changed his tune and said something totally different. He's a liar and a very unprofessional person in the field he is in. I was in banking for 28 years and if I were to EVER treat a customer the way I was treated, I would be fired on the spot. I would like to mention I also spoke with Peter who was a pleasure. Victoria and Peter you belong in a professional dealership. You were wonderful. Unfortunately Barry's is the absolute worse dealership ever.

Stephen Marchand, Charlie Leonard

Gary
2/16/2015

"F&R Auto has met their match!!!"

33 years of military service... Multiple deployments... I finally found the real enemy!!! I purchased a used DTS the day of the blizzard. I identified a burning oil smell during the test drive. The salesman said it was probably overspill from the oil change. The plan was for me to take my truck back home until they figured out where the smell was coming from. The sales manager thought it best that I take the DTS home instead of my truck in the event I damaged the truck on my ride home in the storm. I agreed. I made an appointment for the following Monday which had to be rescheduled for today due to the second blizzard. I arrived there at 0800 as scheduled and my car wasn't taken in till 1100. The dealership had a monitor in the waiting area so I was able to watch my car throughout the process. They spent all of five minutes looking at my car and by 1230 they told me that it would cost me $2200 dollars to repair. They could not locate the leak but identified that it was in fact leaking oil which I already determined and also had pictures for proof. The sales manager was told that it was possibly leaking from the oil pan which was not covered under warrantee. I explained to him that this car is known for the lower crank case having leaks. He departs for a few minutes and returns and says that is not covered on the warrantee either. I made him read his warrantee and showed him where it was covered and he explains that this is what he is being told. Realize we still don't know exactly where the car is leaking from!!! I then again explained that this was part of the deal of me buying the car and he said " it wasn't written on the agreement". In lieu of losing my temper, I told him to get my car NOW!!! before I do something I may regret!!! He did so immediately! While departing I ran into the salesman who sold me the car and I gave him a piece of my mind! I began this with comparing this dealership to one that made memorable moments on YouTube!!! Having purchased a car from both dealerships, I feel qualified to make the comparison. My intent is to inform the powers to be at Newport Navy Base in hopes that they Black List this car dealership from military personnel. If I am not successful, I hope this review reaches anyone who looks at Barry's Auto Group of Newport RI for their next car purchase. BBB next!!!

Eric Botelho, Charlie Leonard, Kenny Carnevale

joescool33
1/07/2015

"the worst dealer ship ever do not go there "

The worst dealer ship I have been to they sold me a lemon check engine light comes on twice with in a couple of week of each other they check the code and said everything is fine. when my light came on Again they said the same thing at the same time i had a faulty door lock they try to fix that but still is as faulty. a air hose had a hole in it and they cut it put a smaller hose and wrap it with electronic tap and called it fixed and the sales man I worked with lies a lot he's never true to his word they tried to get me in another car with money to carry over from the lemon car and give me with higher payments with the newer car they tried giving me that's how they fix the problem. cause I would not have there so called machines work on my car because they just hack the car Waite for the warranty to be up then they will fix it right when your paying. buyers be wear don't buy from them I had to go to another dealer ship to fix my problem and be happy if u have any issues if u are a poor soul that bought from them call the department of dealership 401-462-5731

david platt , lucas brian

Kerri Santos
12/04/2014

"Happy :)"

When we knew it was time to trade in our car, Barry's was the only place to go. Thank you so much for everything you did Lou x 2.

Lou Campos, Stephen Marchand