Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Good

Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Call
Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge Info

"Did not disclose 2 car accidents!"

Just traded my jeep to get another car at another dealership. The OTHER dealership let us know that my Jeep I had bought from Baxter had been in 2 car accidents! When we originally purchased this vehicle we asked if the Jeep had been in any from the Baxter sales person and they lied and said NO! So shady of Baxter to have lied to us! Do not go there!

Chris Dailey

September 30, 2014

I would like to express my sincerest apologizes regarding any misunderstandings and frustrations you have experienced with our dealership. I would like to have a better understand of your experience so we can see what exactly happened, address the concerns and see how we can avoid similar instances going forward. We value your feedback as it allows us to see where we can improve to better meet our customers' expectations. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 402-493-7800. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely--Rick Menicucci, General Sales Manager.

"Run far away"

Buying a car here at Baxter Jeep was the worst experience of my life. Listed price was actually good and I had been looking for quite a while for the specific vehicle I wanted. The sales person was extremely pushy and rude. I should have walked out then, but again, they had the vehicle I was looking for. I went for a test drive and the sales person promised a broken item would be fixed. I agreed on a price and spoke to finance. Finance person lied directly to my face when I asked a specific question about payments. Of course t he broken item has never been fixed. When I asked about it again the dealership acted like they never agreed to fix the problem. I have left multiple voicemails and have gotten no response. This is the worst dealership ever. I didn't realize companies still fit into the "used car salesman" stereotype but this place took the cake. Every stereotype that applies to sleazy sales people applies to these people, they probably are even worse than expected. I feel I am pretty intelligent, but I got taken advantage of by Baxter. Please be careful and read every document and question everything if you have to buy a car from these thieves. Do not, I repeat, do not sign anything without going through every detail. Do not accept any verbal promises.

Matt

"Zero service after the sale!"

After a deal was made and I went to the dealer to sign papers I was told that Chrysler Financial would only give me a loan if I had the extended warranty and service plan added to the loan. I agreed because I needed a new car and if that's what it took I was willing to pay a little extra. I found out later that Chrysler does not require extended warranties or service plans to extend credit! I immediately canceled both over the phone and over a month later they still haven't issued a check for the service plan cancelation! Now I have to waste more time and money to drive out to the dealer and see if face to face will help this incredibly simple process along! The only Avengers they had in an SE were white or silver. Didn't want either one so they found a red one in SD they could bring in and have delivered to my work in Council Bluffs. I was happy I didn't have to drive my gas hog trade in all the way back out to the dealer until I seen the condition of my brand new car! Paint chips in the front bumper, scratches in the trunk lid and swirl marks covering the car like someone used a $2 car wash brush to clean it! After talking to Ross it seemed all would be fine. Just bring it in and we'll buff out or paint the car. Whatever it takes he said. After 2 days I was told it was ready so I drive out in rush hour traffic to find my brand new car still covered in swirls AND hazing from the buffer! I lit up my salesman in the parking lot and told him I'm done! Never coming back again! On the way home in continued rush hour traffic I realize the passenger seat is slid up to accommodate a back seat passenger, there's a sweaty arm print on the passenger door panel and the center console and my car has less gas than when I dropped it off! Unprofessional sales department! Unprofessional finance department! Poor workmanship and quality of work from the body shop! Dealing with Baxter has been a complete nightmare and I recommend avoiding at all costs and dealing with Woodhouse. I know I will from now on!!

Ross, Brett

"VERY DISAPPOINTED"

Truck was advertised as new with 12 miles. Since the dealer is in Omaha and I am in Michigan, I made a deal over the phone and gave a deposit to hold the truck until I could come get it. I took a day off work to fly down to pick up the truck and drive it back. Upon signing the paperwork, I noticed the mileage was 2,300 miles. The dealership couldn't tell me how the miles go on it. To me, this is not a brand new vehicle. I was very upset but had already flown down there and had financing arranges, so I asked them to work with me on the cost of the extended warranty, which they did. The second thing I found extremely unfair was when the finance person was reviewing the final sales sheet with me and explaining all the numbers, before I signed he told me he made a mistake with the first payment date and he had to reprint the sheet. When he came back and asked me to sign it, he not only changed the date by only a couple days, but the price of the truck had been increased by $300. When I questioned it, he said he must have added the document fee in again by mistake. How does changing a date at the top of the page make the document fee get added again? And it wasn't added in the 'document fee' line, it was added to the price of the truck. I honestly feel he tried to switch it thinking I would only check the changed date and not notice the increased price. Good thing I checked before signing. Besides the salesman Eric who I thought did everything he could to help me get the truck, my whole experience was horrible. After being on a plane since 6:00 in the morning and going directly to the dealership, I wasn't even offered a coffee while I waited. While I would not recommend this dealership, if you do buy something from them, double check everything! I don't think this was the first time they've tried these tricks.

Eric Collins

July 24, 2014

I would like to express my sincerest apologies that we were unable to provide you with anything less than an exceptional experience. Although we try to be, we are not perfect and at times we too make mistakes. I am sorry for the misunderstanding with the paperwork. We never intended to mislead you in anyway. I would like the opportunity to speak with you in further detail so we can see about coming to a solution that would be to your satisfaction, as well as avoid this from occurring again. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 402-493-7800. Sincerely—Rick Menicucci, General Sales Manager.

"Pending..."

Pending further review/updates, will post final review after vehicle condition/ repair status is determined and resolved. Dealer is very slow to respond so far however.

Cedric

"BEWARE! They will try to sneak in an extended warranty"

Sorely disappointed. What turned out to be the most pleasant buying experience ever, became the worst. Our salesman, Nathan was great. He was pleasant and courteous. The dealership itself is top notch and classy. Then came time to sign the papers. We explained to the finance manager that we didn't want any extended warranties because we just had a bad experience with Honda and their extended warranty service, which is why we decided to go away from Honda. The finance manager was quick to have us sign the papers, and explained the terms of the gap insurance, which is what we thought we were signing for. My wife is a banker for a major bank and a loan officer, and the loan was through our bank. When we checked the figures, it didn't add up, then we scrutinized the purchase agreement and found out that the finance manager snuck in an extended warranty (Gold), adding another $2,900 to the loan!!! We were amazed how he was able to get that past us. He must have been covering up the figures, either with his hands or folding the paper when we signed them. IF we knew we were getting an extended warranty for $2,900, we would not have signed it. He failed to disclose that we were buying an extended warranty. We didn't even know it was Gold service until we looked at the contract. We also realized that NO ONE had even given us their business card, including the finance manager. EVERY dealership I've been to, they give you their business card so that you can contact them if you have any questions. Not this man. Very, very, shady. Now unfortunately, this affects our monthly loan payment (adding an extra $65 per month), AND it adds an EXTRA $200 to the sales tax that we have to pay to register the vehicle. Very questionable business practice indeed. The only good thing was when went there to cancel the contract, a different finance manager, Tyler, was courteous and helpful, and cancelling the extended warranty was a breeze. But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Neither Superior Honda, nor Beardmore Chevrolet ever tried to screw us over like this. It's a shame, because we were initially impressed. So much so, that we were planning to buy a Jeep Cherokee there later this year when it comes my turn to get a vehicle. My wife deals with the public everyday and so do I with my job. We honestly cannot recommend this dealership. But if one chooses to, just beware when it comes time to sign the paperwork. They WILL try to sneak in an expensive extended warranty.

Nathan, uknown finance manager

May 09, 2014

On behalf of Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, I would like to express my sincerest apologies that we were unable to provide you with anything less than an exceptional experience. It was never our intention to mislead you in anyway and I am sorry for the misunderstanding. We will be addressing this internally so we can sure to avoid similar instances from occurring in the future. If you have time and are willing, I would like the opportunity to speak with you to discuss possible solutions and see about regaining your trust. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 402-493-7800. Sincerely—Rick Menicucci, General Sales Manager.

"They tried to give me another customers truck"

This happened last fall. I had taken in my Ram for a pinion nut recall and dropped it off around 7:00 AM. Around 4:00 PM I was notified it was finished. When I came in the SA said my truck was out front with the keys in it. I went outside to find my truck, but I could not locate it. There was another RAM the same color and year sitting out front, but it was a crew cab where mine is a quad cab. When I went back inside I asked where exactly my truck was and they pointed at the other truck and said "Right there". As if I was stupid for walking past it. The SA was unprofessional and uncourteous in the manner in which he spoke. Once I convinced him that was not my truck he asked me to take a seat in the waiting area while he located it. After about 10 minutes I noticed my phone was connected to my truck through blue tooth. I had assumed they had found my truck and pulled it into the service bay for me. When I when out to see the SA he again had attitude asking me how I knew the truck was running. I explained how it was currently connected to my cell phone. He went back to his computer to find my truck. I, using common sense, walked back to the service bay and spotted my truck. I then went back to the SA who still hadn't found my truck in his computer and said it was in the service bay and pointed it out. When I finally got out of the dealership I noticed a reminder on my windshield for my next oil change. Funny thing is, they were not supposed to change my oil. I immediately returned to the SA. He laughed and told me I had received a free oil change. He stopped laughing when I told him I had previously changed it over to synthetic oil. I had to sit another 30 minutes while they fixed that issue. To sum up the experience the service department had someone confuse to similar vehicles and performed their oil change and recall on my truck. The SA I was working with treated me in a somewhat unfriendly manner. They couldn't take 1 minute to walk in the back and look for my truck, instead they had to look in their system and waste my time. In the end the recall work was done and they made right on the oil change issue. I feel if someone had their head straight and understood customer service I would have left a happy customer with a funny story. Instead it made me leave concerned this could be one seriously messed up service department.

Do not recall his name

April 21, 2014

On behalf of Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, I would like to express my sincerest apologies regarding your recent experience in our service department. At times, we too make mistakes; however, I am sorry for the mix-up at your last visit. I am glad that we were able to fix our mistake and get the oil replaced for you in a timely manner. I appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve our services to better meet our customers’ expectations. If you have time, I would like to speak with you in further detail to see what we can do about making things right and avoiding this from happening in the future. Please contact me at 402-493-7800. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely—Todd Webster, Service Manager.

"Randy was awesome. He went above and beyond expectations..."

Randy was awesome. He went above and beyond expectations and provided service that is going to keep me coming back over and over again. It's nice to find a dealership that really truly cares about the customer. Now if they could just add Miata to the lineup so they can work on my other car.... :D

Randy

February 12, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. Randy has been with our team for several years and is a valuable member to our team here at Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and it is great to hear that we were not only successful at meeting, but exceeding your expectations. We do some work to Miatas depending on what you need done! Feel free to call us to regarding the maintenance/work you are looking to get done and we can determine whether or not it would be best to take your vehicle to a Miata dealer, or if we have the tools to do it for you! Thanks for your business--Todd Webster, Service Manager.

"Copy of complaint filed with Nebraska DMV: I was lured..."

Copy of complaint filed with Nebraska DMV: I was lured into buying my Infiniti 2010 G37 Convertible and paying the asking price of $23,998 plus $278 dealer fee through certain promises and representations. Baxter has eight dealerships including an Infiniti Dealership, so surely they were a legit dealer with integrity and not a Fly-By-Night operation. The vehicle had, according to the Michael Nanfito Internet Sales manager, the following special items: 1. New Brakes 2. New Battery 3. Four New Pirelli Tires (I verified the brand with Nanfito twice on the phone twice) 4. Detailed and ready for me to drive it home with everything working I had offered $23,000 including dealer fee. But after a discussion with Nanfito, I considered the new Pirelli tires, battery, brakes, and detailing to be of significant value, so I had agreed to their asking price, plus fee. Mr. Nanfito had my itinerary, I was lucky to find a flight on Xmas eve, and he knew I had to leave ASAP as I had a 16-hour drive and had a daughter arriving for Xmas. What I found upon arrival at 2PM Xmas Eve day: 1. Four New General Tires ($848 per the TireRack.com less expensive then Pirelli Tires) 2. New Battery ? 3. Did not check brakes as their shop was “closed and no lift available.” 4. Tire Pressure Monitor light was illuminated. (Nanfito said it was because of temperature and would correct itself when I got to warmer climate.) The vehicle was only washed. Interior had a layer of dust on it. I was between a rock and a hard place as it was the evening of Xmas Eve. No flights home, no hotel and needed to be home the next evening for daughter’s visit. At least the car was under warranty and drivable. Drive home was nerve-racking with the tire pressure warning light (TPMS) on. It was 8 degrees, but I stopped and bought a pressure gauge, checked the air pressure and brought all tires to 39 lbs. (they were about 30-32). Light still remained on. Top had wind noise and squeaked, and the brakes squealed. I had the brakes checked and was told there is less than 50% remaining on front pads and disks were not turned. Only the rear brakes were new. Obviously, the “brake job” was a misrepresentation. I took the vehicle to Roswell Infiniti of N. Atlanta. They advised the TPMS indicator was illuminated because the wheel sensors were never activated with the new tires, nor sync’d with the vehicle. They did not know if they worked either. As vehicle had after-market wheels Infiniti would not be able to service or replace them. I scheduled the earliest appointment available on 1/13/14 to adjust the top and check out the vehicle with them. I also took vehicle to Lanier Tire of Cumming, GA and they said none of the TPMS were working and all would need replacement. They ordered four and when received I had them installed them. When they removed the wheels they found the left rear wheel had a broken lug nut. It had enough thread to hold the bold in place, but nothing more. This was UNSAFE and ILLEGAL, so I had Lanier order and install a new lug. Baxter sent me on a 1,000-mile trip with four lugs on one wheel. They were the last to have the wheels off (while installing the new tires.) Even if they didn’t break it, it is illegal release a vehicle unsafe equipment (4 lugs). They know better, but didn’t care, as I was an out-of-state buyer, who they thought they’d never hear from again. I have repeatedly attempted to get the dealer to own its responsibility. The sales-manger's only comment was, "do you have it in writing." General manager has not replied to written complaint. Addendum to DMV Complaint: I found that the vehicle I purchased from Baxter had three different types of wheel lug nuts and associated driver tools. Upon further investigation, I found that three of the wheels had 4-hex open-ended lugs and one open star drive (lock). The fourth wheel had 5-spline drive close-ended nuts. This oddly configured wheel (left rear) was the one that had the broken lug, per my original complaint. The reason for this is now clear. The dealer knew about the broken lug, but instead of replacing it, they covered it up with closed ended nuts. This was so the broken one could be hidden from view. As Baxter had replaced all the tires (but not with the promised Pirelli tires), they would have at least noticed or they caused the lug breakage. As a matter of course and safety they would have repaired it and left the original configuration of 4 nuts and one locking nut on all wheels. They would have known all the TPM sensors where not functioning at this time also, as they would have needed to re-sync them as a matter of course.

Mike Nanfito

February 12, 2014

I would like to express my sincerest apologies that we were unable to provide you with anything less than a pleasant experience. We are not perfect, while we strive to be, and I assure you it was never our intention to mislead you in anyway and I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced. Your safety and satisfaction are things we take very seriously and I would like the opportunity to speak with you in further detail so we can see about finding a solution for you. Please call me at 402-439-7800 at a time that is most convenient for you. I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely—Rick Menicucci, General Sales Manager.

"The quality of work that the people do here is great but..."

The quality of work that the people do here is great but the timeliness of everything sucks as they will tell you that have the car here at 7 a.m. for a 6 hour job and I am still waiting at 4:45 p.m. for the car to be fixed. Service needs to be a little faster here please. I would still recommend people to come here because of the quality of work just with them knowing that it may take longer to get your car fixed than the service people tell you.

Bill Alvarez

December 19, 2013

Thank you for for your feedback. I do apologize that your service took longer than initially expected. Your feedback is important to us as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve. I am glad to hear that we have been able to meet your expectations with the quality of our service and we look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you--Todd Webster, Service Manager.