Baxter Ford

Tri State Ford Lincoln

Gary
8/07/2015

"2008 Ford F-150"

On 7/13/15, we bought a 2008 Ford F-150. The truck is beautiful and exactly what we wanted. The problem is the salesman who sold it to us. The truck came with 1 key, which was delivered. The salesman said the owner had a remote starter and 3 extra keys. He said he would get in touch with salesman 2, who worked with the previous owner and we would have the keys and remote by the weekend. Surprise, no keys or remote by the weekend and when we called to followup, the salesman told us he forgot. He said he would get in touch again with salesman 2. A few days later we followed up again, and were told, the previous owner was having service done on his vehicle and would bring the keys and remote with him. Never happened. When we called again, we were told salesman 2 would call the previous owner and "hopefully" the previous owner would bring in the keys and remote. After numerous complaints to the website and a request for a manager to call us back, the salesman called last week and said the previous owner was again being contacted. No surprise, we have heard nothing. Salesmen should never make promises they cannot keep, nor should they make continual stupid excuses when they can't deliver their promise. We have since gone out and bought another key for the truck. As I said, the truck was everything we wanted. What could have been extraordinary service that far exceeded our expectations instead turned out to be an exercise in futility and a complete and total waste of our time.

Kevin Putman

August 10, 2015

I want to apologize about your experience at our dealership. We make excellent customer service a priority and I’m sorry about the lack of follow through from our salesmen and I would like to reimburse you for the key expense. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it helps us improve internally to better fulfill each customer’s needs. At your earliest convenience, you could give me a call at 402-934-5656. I look forward to hearing from you. Best –Steve Oliver, General Manager

ShannonK
6/17/2015

"Terrible Service Department"

I have had terrible service on two different trips to their Service Department in the last 8 months. Last November, I brought in my 07 Hybrid for a check engine light. I was told I needed a number of new parts for the hybrid battery. I agreed to have to work done, and specifically asked if there was a Service Bulletin, and was told no (which there was but allegedly didn't apply to my specific VIN number, just all other cars of that year and model). The repairs weren't done when promised, and I sat in their waiting room for several hours when I had been told when I arrived that the repairs were done and it would be just a short wait while they finish up. Silly me, I thought it was just a one-time fluke. And took my beloved, hybrid back to the dealership this week. I called ahead, made an appointment to have my air conditioner looked at as it isn't cooling completely. I waited 5 days for an opening (rather than going to Jensen that could get me in same day). I arrived at the dealership at 8:55 for my 9:00 a.m. appointment, waited 10 minutes for someone to even greet me. I was told it would take about an hour for the diagnostic review and they would call me. I then waited another 40 minutes for the courtesy shuttle to show up. At 3:30 in the afternoon, I still hadn't heard from anyone at the dealership so I called to find out what was going on. After being transferred around, and told no one was available to help me, I was finally connected with a Service Adviser. Who had all sorts of excuses for why I wasn't called - new employees, they were backed up when I dropped my car off with jobs that were still pending from the day before (at this point, I am thinking that it would have been nice to know they were more than 3 hours behind when I dropped it off). AND, by the way, they don't know what is wrong with the car and will need to keep it overnight. As I spend the next hour scrambling to find transportation, I get a call back at 5:00 p.m. and am told they finally figured it out - they had to connect it to the computer 3 times to get a reading (which strikes me, and my mechanic friends, as odd). I need a new fan... as a part of the same assembly (hybrid battery) that they worked on in November. In answer to my question as why that wasn't noted in November - I was told it didn't kick that code out in November. Seriously? They didn't look at all the assembly as they were replacing 50% of it to see what else needed to be replaced? I thinking the labor to replace the fan when they had it all torn apart already would be less than the $450 in labor they want to charge me now (more than $100 an hour). My biggest complaint was the failure to communicate with me when they were delayed, behind, etc. In order to plan how long one will be without a car, communication is key. Nothing is more frustrating that to be in the dark.

Ron

June 19, 2015

I would like to express my sincerest apologies that we were unable to provide you with anything less than an exceptional experience. Your feedback is important to us as it shows us areas in which we can improve our services to better meet our customers’ expectations. If you have time, I would like the opportunity to speak with you in further detail so we can see about addressing your concerns and do what we can to find a resolution that would be to your satisfaction. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 402-934-5656. Sincerely—Steve Oliver, General Manager.

Sarah Van Buskirk
11/15/2014

"THANK YOU to Ryan Flynn"

My experience amazing. I live in Columbus and Ryan Flynn asked what price and mile rage also what make and model, through via email and phone calls he found me my perfect 10. Im super happy how I was treated through the car buying process. Next purchases will be made at Baxter ford and highly recommended to all from me.

Ryan Flynn

Jeanbpt
10/06/2014

"Thanks Justin Millner"

I purchased a Nissan Maxima 2009 full loaded in 7-10-2014. I had a wonderful experience with Justin Millner your sales person. I am looking forward to do Business with him again. I can't thank him enough for a wonderful experience.

Justin Millner

October 13, 2014

Thank you for the kind words and positive feedback. At Baxter Ford, we strive to ensure every customer has the best experience possible and it is great to hear that we were able to make you feel comfortable during your purchasing process. Thank you for your business. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you--Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

pabcraig
9/16/2014

"to hard to choose liked so many"

I purchased a For Fusion yesterday 9-13-2014. I was very impressed with the way the sales people conducted themselves. John Carnes is the man I bought from. He showed professionalism but also made me feel comfortable making my purchase. He took time showing I think every 2014, 2015 Fusion on the lot. I want to Thank him for his great customer service skills. I also want to thank the others who helped too. I have bought only chevys in the past, but I am looking forward to driving my nice shiny Fusion. Thanks John

john c

October 13, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and others. At Baxter Ford, we put our customers first. John does a great job of taking care of his customers by listening to their wants and needs and helping them find the best vehicle for their budget and lifestyle. Thank you for your business. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you going forward. Bests--Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

MarcusMW810
6/13/2014

"Great deal, easy, & oddly fun!"

Ambrose was great to work with. He got me a great deal on a new car, threw in extras, and got me a fantastic service package for cheap! We threw him some curves since hail totaled my previous ride, but they handled everything great and still got me a low rate! I really enjoyed laughing and joking with Ambrose too. Guy is a character (in the best way). Baxter certainly won me over. I'm eager to see how they do fixing the hail damage on our other vehicle.

Ambrose

June 19, 2014

Thank you for the kind words and positive feedback. Ambrose has been with our team for quite some time and he certainly has a great personality! I am happy to hear that he was able to help find you a new car and help you enjoy your purchasing experience. Thank you for your business. Don't hesitate to contact us for any additional sales or service needs you might have. Thank you--Steve Oliver, General Manager.

sjenny
6/09/2014

"Great!"

I recently went vehicle shopping for a Ford Escape and I decided to give Baxter Ford a try. I had the opportunity to work with Matt Gembol and with his help and patience I was able to find exactly what I was looking for. I had a great experience and would recommend the dealership and Matt to anyone looking for a new or used car. Thanks Baxter and Matt!

Matt Gembol

June 13, 2014

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience with us at Baxter Ford. Matt has been an excellent addition to our team and it is great to hear that he is doing well at taking care of his customers. I am glad he could help find you what you were looking for and didn't pressure you in any way. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new vehicle. Thank you--Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

brad0623
12/18/2013

"I had a very bad experience with your dealership and..."

I had a very bad experience with your dealership and would never ever consider stepping into your dealership ever again. You can not walk in and just look without being super pressured to buy buy buy. Get off peoples back and just let them look and have time to consider a decision. Your sales people need to learn a little curiousy and a little more training. A big difference from the quality of service i get from Baxter Chrysler down the street.

Jim

December 19, 2013

I would like to apologize that we were not successful at providing you with a pressure-free shopping experience. We never intended to make you pressured into making a commitment before you were ready. If you have not found a vehicle that you would like to own at this time, I would like the opportunity to personally work with you and earn your business. Please feel free to contact me at any time at 402-934-5656. Sincerely—Steve Oliver, General Sales Manager.

Indifferent
10/23/2013

"UPDATE!!! I was contacted by the General Manager at..."

UPDATE!!! I was contacted by the General Manager at baxter and he was able to ease my frustrations and offered me a TV after all. Disappointments don't go unanswered. Thanks Rick!!

Rick

caaronne
10/02/2013

"My wife and I have purchased many cars over our 23..."

My wife and I have purchased many cars over our 23 marriage. We have never been treated as well as we were by Darin Rencher. He was so attentive and helpful before, during, and following our purchase, that we felt we were his only customers! He personally took care of every request and need we had, and always did it with a smile. He also would do a little something "extra" each time just to make us feel special. I honestly feel that if Baxter Ford had a floor full of salespeople like Darin they would see a dramatic rise in referral business. We will tell all of our friends that are looking for a new vehicle about Darin.

Darin Rencher

October 03, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Baxter Ford. We take customer feedback and satisfaction very seriously and it is great to hear that Darin was able to take such great care of you throughout your purchasing experience. He has been an excellent addition to our team. We wish you many happy years and miles in your new vehicle. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with your future automotive needs. Thank you—Steve Oliver, General Manager.