Berlin City Auto Group

485 Main Street, Gorham, New Hampshire 03581

Makes: Ford | Chrysler | Dodge | Jeep | Ram | Lincoln | Honda | Nissan | Kia | Service Center
Good

Berlin City Auto Group
485 Main Street,
Gorham, New Hampshire 03581
Berlin City Auto Group Info

KeithS
5/20/2015

"Good experience, honest answers!"

Made our first deal with Craig Martin last month on our first ever lease and he was patient and understanding. I'm from two states away and was worried about a bait and switch somehow when the car was delivered, but everything was as explained. All phone calls were returned in an appropriate time frame also. We recently decided to try a trade on our other vehicle and I have been making Craig jump through the hoops in getting me information. Haven't felt pressured yet.

Craig Martin

Linbackr99
5/20/2015

"Attentive and interested"

I've been working with Craig Martin for about a week in an effort to construct a less than normal deal and he has done an excellent job in keeping me informed and acquiring requested information in a timely manner. I'd recommend these guys to anyone. I'm in the Burlington, VT, area and there or dozens of closer dealerships I could be in contact with - and I've tried - but Craig is the only one who seems to have gone the extra mile.

Craig Martin

Therealdeal
5/15/2015

"Over promise, under deliver"

This place is proof the old addage over promise and under deliver is alive today! They promise for nh state inspection when you buy car, yet of the last FIVE cars I've purchased from them, only ONE has come with inspection sticker! I've let it slide until my last purchase 3 months ago when the sales rep Tom told me if I sent them my receipt from getting sticker at another garage, they would reimburse me.. Guess what, they didn't! Probably the worst though is the fact that I've purchased $150k in cars from them in 5 years, not one of them was EVER reconditioned for delivery.. Unbelievable.. Ive found popcorn, candy, dirty fingerprints, wrappers, and various pieces of trash hidden throughout my new cars.. They don't recon, period. I've learned my lesson.. Berlin city Honda is JV league.. Yes, prices are decent, but respect for the buyer is non existent.. Can't wait to lease my new cars elsewhere!!

Tom

Dan
1/27/2015

"why i went to another dealership"

I Bought a vehicle in the past from Berlin City and went back to trade in. Finally made a deal after being bounced around from salesman to salesman and drove all the way back to sign papers just to have the finance manager snub my wife and change the numbers last minute so i walked out. After getting the deal back and "finalized" i was waiting for delivery just to get a call saying they had once again changed the deal by $1600.00. Would never wish this on anyone so that is why i am writing this review. There are much better dealerships to work with around here.

Dealt with 5 employees

Buzzy453
11/06/2014

"Wow! Have they changed for the worst"

I have purchased several vehicles over the last 2 decades from this dealership and have recommended others to do so, NEVER AGAIN. They have lowered themselves to a scamming , false advertising , lowball rude dealership

Nissan and toyota

jtduquette
10/18/2014

"This dealer offers GREAT discounts, but beware!"

1. They ADD about a grand worth of extras to your tab, admin fee, vin etching, you name it. Lastly, they DESPISE pre approved loans as there whole business is dependent on making large sums in the F & I department. They, will claim up and down pre approved loans do NOT exists and you must submit a new credit app. HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!

Maurice

swac
9/19/2014

"Rude employee lost customer forever"

Went today to look at new used cars that were put on the site today. Was met by one of their "men" who told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that none of those cars were there. Then tried to get me to buy something I didn't want. He was very rude also. I will never go there again.

don't know but know where his office is

badreligion9265
2/12/2014

"This dealer pulled the typical yo-yo financing/spot..."

This dealer pulled the typical yo-yo financing/spot delivery scam. They gave me a quote, I accepted the quote as well as the financing agreement. The terms of the loan were figured based on my already approved credit application which I had provided via phone. The vehicle was delivered to my house on a Sunday night, and the very next day a Finance manager named Mark called me to explain "The financing fell through, we need you to sign a new contract with a higher APR". He said his financing assistant Josh was new and made a mistake, well if the financing was never finalized why would you deliver a car almost 7 hours away!! That is right I agreed to the quote/loan terms on a Friday, and it was on Sunday they decided to drive the car 7+hours to NJ to drop it off before the financing went through supposedly...... How convenient they deliver on a day they can claim they submitted the application in which most financial institutions are closed.... Yea look this up its your typical scam, dealerships know within minutes based on your credit score which loans/lenders you are applicable for, so their excuse of sorry we thought you would get approved is complete BS and is part of a orchestrated scheme to extract more money from the consumer. I have absolute excellent credit by the way, there is no reason what so ever I should be declined, I was already pre-approved for an auto-loan by 2 banks and 1 credit union at the lowest rate they offer. If you are considering buying from this dealership do yourself a HUGE FAVOR AND DO NOT BOTHER. YOU WILL REGRET IT GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Maurais, Josh and Mark from Finance

jgosselin34
1/22/2014

"Andy was very helpful. He helped me expend all of my..."

Andy was very helpful. He helped me expend all of my possible options as a first time buyer. I am very happy with the rate I got and would do business here again.

Andy Moser

jtduquette
11/22/2013

"We agreed upon a price for a vehicle, afterwards I..."

We agreed upon a price for a vehicle, afterwards I informed them I was pre-approved through another bank and wanted to use that financing. After I informed them of that, the entire thing went down hill. The finance manager Jamie, then lied to me and claimed he still needed to submit a credit app to this bank, because they do business with them. (Basically, he was mad because he would not get a kick back from the bank on the financing now). He runs me through the same bank, and I am denied because of an already outstanding approval. Jamie then proceeds to inform me I am denied, so my approval means nothing, but he has other banks he uses. Well I got so fed up, I got nasty with him and hung up. Fast forward a few hour later, Jamie calls me and says he wants to apologize and save the deal. At that point he accepts my approval is an approval, and the next day proceeds to begin providing the necessary paperwork to the bank. The bank receives the paper work, and approves it that afternoon. Jamie then calls me, 2 days later and says he is still waiting for approval of the paperwork. At that time I inform him they need one last additional piece, and he promises to get it right out. Fours days go by and I hear nothing, I left both the salesman Christian and the business manager Jamie messages with no response. Finally they call me and say its all set, when do I want the car! They deliver the vehicle to my house on a Saturday evening, after looking I paperwork I noticed they jacked price up by about $200 bucks above the agreed upon price. I sign the paper work, and figure I will deal with it the next day. They take my trade, and I have my new car. Fast forward 12 hours later, Christian calls me and says they need an additional 4 grand, but they will "Settle" at 3 grand, because of my trade condition or they would need to cancel the deal. I proceeded to let them cancel the deal, and bring my car back. Christian was nice, however this is the WORST experience I have had buying a car. Be careful of Jamie, as every other word out of his mouth is a lie.

Christian, Jamie