Bill Dodge Auto Group

Bill Dodge Auto Group Info

Rowe Westbrook

dbtrp
7/26/2016

"I received a great deal on a used car. "

I received a wonderful deal on a used car. The service was great and the price was wonderful. I was very fortunate. It was in the wholesale department. The service was friendly and informative. I was very impressed with the efficiency of buying this car.

Young male I can't remember his name

Denise
6/30/2016

"HAVE YOUR OWN FINANCING!"

My son and I went into Bill Dodge on Saturday to buy him a used vehicle. Their finance tactics were very unsettling. You have to sign a "pre-verification" of what the worst case scenario for your payment would be (once you sign this you are obligated to buy it no matter what the interest rate is). Only then would they put your information in and get offers from up to 13 banks/credit unions. I have NEVER done this before at any other dealership. We fought for a lower price in the vehicle to get around the payment he was comfortable with each month. We decided to leave the vehicle and go elsewhere, this was after 45 minutes of them not budging on the price. We got into our vehicle, started to back out, than they decide to run out to stop us and drop the price. While we waited to sit with the finance dept, I got to listen to the sales rep push a friends business on us (car parts etc). I was at the point of frustration and just wanted out of there. Finally got into see the finance guy where we had to listen to his personal story about what he's doing for the weekend, I was glad to get out of there after 3 hours. My son is happy with the vehicle and if he didn't need to purchase something that day, I would have done my own financing or gone somewhere else. So buyer beware! DON'T USE THEIR FINANCING!

several

LP
6/09/2016

"Do NOT trust these people. "

We learned an expensive lesson. It looks great when they offer a low-mileage used car at an attractive price, but beware the "wholesale" offer, which allows them to squeeze around lemon laws. This is how they unload cars with serious safety and mechanical problems. They'll even give you a list of seemingly trivial items that don't pass their version of state inspection, because they claim dealer inspections hold to a "higher standard" than your favorite corner garage. So you buy the car prepared to put a little extra money into those seemingly trivial items only to find that your mechanic and your friend's mechanic both disagree with the dealer's "higher standard" assessment and find a whole lot more that's seriously wrong with the car. At that point, Bill Dodge will tell you inspections are all subjective, and won't budge on other mechanics' failure of items they claimed to be fine. Now you're looking at a really expensive repair bill (probably near if not more than the value of the car) and no legal recourse because you knew the car wasn't perfect when you bought it. (Hint: If they won't let you take it on public roads during a test drive, don't buy it!) Learned my lesson. I'll never shop here again.

several

Matt Charles
5/11/2016

"Happy"

I was very happy with every part of my experience at Bill Dodge Auto...I was referred by a friend, and was taken care of immediately...I had a lot of questions, and a few concerns, all were answered and addressed.

Thadeus Greene, Alicia Koenig, David LaMarre

beaniebrain
4/14/2016

"Be smart and do your research. Their sale tags are a joke!"

Do your research and don't be fooled by the green 'sales' tag! I bought a used vehicle and then found out it was worth $2k less than I paid. They justified their price and compared it to a new vehicle and did not offer to do anything. It took 3 hours to get paperwork from finance even though I have a credit score over 700.

Brittney Hale, Jonathan Norton and others

Repmow01
3/31/2016

"Loved it..."

This was my first time leasing a car and they made it very easy. I got what I wanted and the price was more than right. It didn't take too long, I was in and out (as quickly as one can when getting a car) and I would definitely recommend this dealership to anyone who is looking for a new car.

Jim Craves, David LaMarre

oneonone123
3/09/2016

"buyers beware "

This was the worst car buying experience I ever had I will never recommend to anyone this dealership.the sale and financial services are the worst u have to have gap insurance to by a car at the use car center in Saco be smart go somewhere else.I will pass this along to my IBEW brother and sister at our next union meeting

ryan,and rob

Technology Education Teacher
2/25/2016

""Infiniti and Beyond""

Having purchased many vehicles over the last 40-plus years, my wife and I have dealt with a great variety of sales people and sales tactics. Our experience at Bill Dodge Auto Group in Westbrook ranks right up there in the top two or three. best dealers we have ever worked with. Everyone at the dealership that we talked to on the day we bought our used Infiniti Qx56 was genuinely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and satisfied that they were doing all that they could to secure us the best deal and financing possible. We didn't meet a single person that was too busy to make a personal connection with us. We came away from the dealership with a great vehicle and a sense that if we have any issues with it, they will be taken care of without a lot of hassle.It is refreshing, in this day and age to have people representing a business that love their jobs and the company they work for and more importantly treat their customers with civility and respect. Alan and Vivian Merritt

Frank Dellasala, Matthew Ross, Chris Whittington, Debbie Morrilly

Wil23
2/25/2016

"Easiest Car Leasing Experience Ever"

I knew exactly what I wanted and how much I wanted to pay each month. They made it happen. Rob Williams and Dave Soucier are awesome. They not only got me the exact car and options I wanted, but Rob took the time to explain every last detail and function of the car. They have kept in touch with me since, so I know I'm a valued customer. I would recommend this dealership to everyone. One thing I noticed is that when ever I was sitting alone at in the dealership, every employee that walked by engaged with me. I was introduced to people in both the service and finance department, all of whom gave me their cards and contact and told me to contact them any time. This is how a car buying experience should be. I leased a 2016 Kia Sportage SX and was given top price for my trade in. They gave me the best price available and made sure I got my military discount. As a matter of fact, they were the ones who alerted me to the discount and even emailed me to remind me to bring my DD214 in with me at the time of purchase.

Rob Williams, Dave Soucier

Carguy
1/28/2016

"Worst service I've ever experienced "

Preschool kids could run a better business. Nobody returns call and not friendly at all. Took months of me calling and stopping in 7 times to finally get the simple problem solved. Will never go back

John bolling