Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru

252 Route 303,
Orangeburg, New York 10962
Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru Info
About Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru

In 1998 our family set out to build a dealership like no other. Our goal: To make buying a New or Used Subaru a fun experience. Drawing on our 30+ years of experience, along with customer feedback, we set out on our plan of action. To ensure a non-haggle sales experience, our salaried salespeople are not paid on commission but instead are incentivized on customer satisfaction. All vehicles come with our 30 Day or 500 Mile Return Policy, so customers can “Buy with Confidence”. People flock to Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru to enjoy this unique buying experience. We sell cars all over the country, in fact, all over the world. Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru stocks 400+ New and Used Subarus for you to choose from; the largest inventory in the nation. We design our own unique Subarus which are only available at Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru and cannot be found at any other Subaru dealership. We specialize in allowing customers to purchase only those accessories which they really want or need in a vehicle. Accessories such as power sunroofs, custom leather interiors, custom wheels, and Intel-A-Sync systems including Blue Tooth, In-dash Navigation, back up cameras plus much more are all available for you to personalize your Subaru. We employ the best qualified Subaru certified technicians in the industry. Our Discount Service Center is staffed with the highest percentage of Subaru certified Master and A level technicians anywhere. This saves you time and money because “we fix your vehicle right the first time”. Our Discount Service Center is open Monday thru Friday 7:30pm – 6pm and Saturdays from 8am – 4pm to meet our customers’ busy schedules. Our fleet of 18 brand new service loaner cars is available when you bring your vehicle in for service. If you choose to wait for your vehicle, you may enjoy the comforts of our new soundproof Customer Lounge area complete with computers, Wi-Fi access, a 50” Plasma TV and complimentary coffee. You can even watch your car be

About Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru Learn More

• SoundProof Customer Lounge
  • 50" Plasma Cable TV
  • Desktop Computer
  • Hiking / Cycling Trail
PH

"New Forester"

We purchased a 2016 Forester. We had a very pleasant experience at the Bill Kolb Jr dealership. The salesman Ross Kelter was very helpful in explaining everything in detail. We were very impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. We would certainly recommend Bill Kolb Jr dealership & Salesman Mr. Kelter to anyone who is interested in buying a Subaru.

DebbieH
2/09/2016

"Exceptional car buying experience left us smiling."

We recently traded in a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Turbo and purchased a 2016 Subaru Legacy from Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru in Orangeburg, NY. The sales agent who assisted us was Neil Turnbull. He seems a man of integrity who listened to us and did everything he could to assist in the trade in and purchase of the vehicle to make sure all of our expectations were met. The entire process when very smoothly and we are truly thankful for the wonderful experience. We would not hesitate to refer friends and relatives to Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru and Neil Turnbull .

Neil Turnbull - Sales

AJC-Sport
2/09/2016

"A Dealer Experience that didn't Disappoint!"

Living and working in the tri-state area, one gets used to being treated like a number, just another customer to deal with. When looking to replace my leased Legacy with another, because the car is just awesome for its value in the market today, I was looking for a better dealer experience than the one I was used to at my Yonkers area dealership. Like yourself reading this, I turned to this site for direction. Read the reviews for Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru, and liked what I saw about the dealership. In reading on, looking for which one of their salaried sales people I would like to work with, I happened upon Howard Bonfield. His reviews were so stellar I had to actually see for myself it was true. I email him directly and within 20 minuets, not only was my email answered, but a followup phone call was received. In a semi-breif conversation about my concerns with the new Legacy, Howard answered all my questions with decisive, informative answers. By the end of the conversation, I was confident that I had made the correct Dealership and Salesperson choice. I also had an appointment to test drive both a 4 cylinder and a 6 cylinder Legacy within 4 days time. Upon arriving, we were greeted warmly by Howard, sat and chatted some more about the differences between the two cars, our lease end time frame, and some life points in general. He took some time to get to know us, as well as our needs. We test drove the cars on a nice loop that gave us a good feel for the cars. With all my fears about the new High Torque CVT transmission quelled, we sat down and he began the process of figuring out what I wanted on my new 3.6R Legacy accessory wise and the all important final cost. This is where it got interesting, Howard did his numbers thing, and handed me a deal that in the end was below what 1 person in my area had paid on the KBB Fair Market Value Guide. And WAY below what most had paid! No haggling, no discussion, just a great price on a great car, DONE! Not to leave Paul Spiegel out, the Finance Person we spoke with, he too was easy going and friendly in his manor. No hard sell for the other programs the dealer offers, and since it was a lease, there was not much to go into about Financing. However, he was pleasurable to deal with. Mind You, all this took place in one night, from 7:30 to past the 9PM closing time, and no one made us feel rushed or that we were putting anyone out in any way. The car was ready for pickup 2 days later. He took in our current Legacy and did all the paperwork on that transaction. All the paperwork for the new vehicle was gone over and explained to us. Then he showed us all the features in the car and how to operate them, he even connected our phones to the Starlink entertainment system, truly a class act and a genuinely nice guy to deal with. There were followup emails and calls from both Howard and the Dealership Management as well, Thanking us for our patronage and giving us links to How-to Videos for our new Legacy. Painless, Friendly, easy transaction that confirmed the decision to go to Bill Kolb Jr. and work with Howard was the right move. In my honest opinion, You can't go wrong with this Dealer, and this team.

Ilisse P
2/08/2016

"This is how to buy a car"

I needed a new car after my little car gave up after 26 years. Suburu had been highly recommended for its outstanding safety features. Neil Turnbull spoke at length with me by phone; then, when I went to learn more and see the Impreza I was considering, he could not have been more understanding and helpful. He guided me through the process, making every step clear and easy. I had many questions; after all, I hadn't had a new vehicle in many years, and he was exceptionally patient. He actually made it fun! After my test drive last week, it turned out that the exact Impreza Limited I wanted had just been delivered. They even offered to take my rental car back for me, and worked with my insurance agent to make sure everything was complete by the time I arrived. I just drove it home. I had visited several car dealerships in the past month....and walked out. I never anticipated that buying a new car could be such a positive experience, and that's because of Neil. Many, many thanks.

Neil Turnbull

Carol Evers
2/08/2016

"New Car Experience"

We have not purchased a "brand new" car in many years and this was a "big" event for us! Rich Jenke was amazing! We bought a 2016 Subaru Outback Limited and he made it all very simple. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and I would definitely recommend Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru to anyone who was interested in a new Subaru. Carol Evers

nanakoch

"Great car/Great service"

We bought a Crosstrek in June, 2014 and a WRX yesterday, February 6, 2016. These are probably the 5th and 6th Subaru's we have owned. Obviously, because we keep returning to this car brand, we're enormously satisfied with it's performance in all the cars we have owned. Sam was great through out the process of buying both cars. We will definitely recommend him as a salesperson and Subaru as the brand to buy! Sincerely, Nana Koch

Sam Texler

Janet B
2/07/2016

"Tops in quality service."

I recommend this dealership to anyone interested in a Subaru...all have been over the top satisfied! The experience from start to finish is excellent! This was the second car I purchased from Bill Kolb and it will not be my last.

Rocklandresident
2/07/2016

"Knowledgeable but Rushed and somewhat Impatient Service"

This was our third new Subaru purchase at Bill Kolb, Jr. Subaru inside of eight years. I found the chaotic atmosphere for this purchase included very long wait times, and then a somewhat rushed and impatient attitude. The place is much too chaotic; there is not enough parking for customers. You need a bigger parking lot. After all, you are car dealership. I am picking up my new car and am forced to be circling around and around in tight spots and narrow lanes, looking for a spot for the car I am trading in. And hoping that no other car comes too close to me. This even happens on weekdays. Your parking lot is an accident waiting to happen. I also didn't like being told that "holding" my new car for a few days could result in it being scratched or damaged. Scaring me into picking up my car asap? Why don't you have adequate provisions for your growing business?? I only received TWO DAYS' notice to pick up my car. I had to scramble to make this happen. Initially we were told three months for our car to come in, which would have been mid-March. Why can't you accommodate your customer's simple request? I asked for one week's time for various personal reasons, and I was told you could NOT hold my car. That it could be damaged if you held it? You have no room to hold it? Are you kidding me? So I accommodated you, instead of you accommodating your valued customer. Even as your business is so fantastic these days, each and every customer should be still treated like they are your one and only important customer, with graciousness, patience and dignity. After all, we did drop over $30,000.00 at your business.

HardMF
2/04/2016

"A very enjoyable experience"

This was an excellent experience. The sales people are salaried, not commissioned, and thus they are honest and knowledgeable. We worked with Howard for the purchase, and Paul for finance, and the process was smooth, efficiency, and pleasant. The inventory is large, the prices are good, and the service center is impressive; they have nice perks like additional hours free loaner cars fore their customers who come in for service. I would work this this dealer again in the future. I can't say enough about Howard Bonfield who is very thorough and knowledgeable, and also very personable.

j&ccarpenter
2/02/2016

"Best car buying experience we ever had"

Just picked up our 2013 Crosstrek from Bill Kolb. Our salesperson, Rich Knel made us feel confident we chose the right car and dealer. He answered all the questions we posed with knowledge and understanding. I would definitely recommend you check them out before anyone else. The car is more than we could have hoped to buy for the price.

Reviews of Howard Bonfield

Steven Conner

Reviews of Holman Cano
Holman Cano

Salaried Sales Consultant

Reviews of John Lyons Jr.
John Lyons Jr.