Bill Penney Toyota

4808 University Dr NW,
Huntsville, Alabama 35816
Bill Penney Toyota Info
About Bill Penney Toyota

For over 69 years Bill Penney Toyota has been dedicated to offering its customers personal service and a great automobile-buying experience. Not only has Bill Penney Toyota been a family owned and operated business for 3 generations, it is also the oldest Toyota dealership in Alabama. We have a skilled and knowledgeable sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. Located in Huntsville, Alabama, the staff at Bill Penney Toyota will help you find the Toyota vehicle you want. At Bill Penney Toyota we offer a searchable online inventory of new Toyota cars in Huntsville, along with well-maintained used cars by today's top manufacturers. Come on in and take a test drive in our Huntsville, AL showroom today! Our sales staff will help you find that new Toyota or quality used car that you have been searching for. For years, the financial staff at Bill Penney Toyota has offered expert advice for those seeking an affordable Toyota car loan or lease. Our service doesn't just stop there. Huntsville customers can come in and take advantage of our knowledgeable Toyota car repair technicians and a fully-stocked inventory of Toyota auto parts.

About Bill Penney Toyota Learn More

klutts
2/14/2014

"My wife & I had been looking for a new Toyota for a..."

My wife & I had been looking for a new Toyota for a couple of months. I had been told about Bill Penny Toyota & thought I'd give them a call. Darrel Green was our sales person. Darrel is a great sales person. He answered all of my questions & helped me find the car we were looking for. Darrel sold us a great car for a great price. I would recommend everyone give Bill Penny an opportunity to sell you a Toyota! Thank You! Robert Klutts

Darrel Green

February 17, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our dealership. I am glad that you had a wonderful experience. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

threeangel
2/13/2014

"I was interested in purchasing an Acura and saw exactly..."

I was interested in purchasing an Acura and saw exactly what I wanted on Bill Penny's website- a 2010 AcuraTL. I visited the lot and was greeted by a very friendly and personable salesman name Robert Shrier. The car drove fine, was in excellent condition, a one owner with up-to-date service, low mileage, and remaining factor warranty. The price was lower than all the other 2010 TLs that I saw on the internet. I also checked the post auction auto sales and saw that Bill Penny was selling this car for what a 2010 TL sold for at the auction. I was impressed and purchased the car. I am looking forward to many years of trouble-free driving.

Robert Shrier

February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our dealership. We appreciate your business. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

tmcilwain
2/10/2014

"I recently purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla LE from Bill..."

I recently purchased the 2014 Toyota Corolla LE from Bill Penney Toyota, and Brian Shafer, and I cannot say enough good things about the entire experience. This is my fifth new car purchase, and I have purchased a total of seven cars in my lifetime. These guys are by far the most professional, courteous, knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people I have ever dealt with. If you are in the market for a vehicle, I highly recommend you stop here. I think you will be surprised by these guys, as I were. This will definitely be my first stop for my next vehicle, and I look forward to dealing with them for many more years. Thanks so much, Bill Penney Toyota, and especially my sales rep, Brian Shafer. You guys rock!!!! Theresa McIlwain

Brian Shafer

February 13, 2014

Thanks for the great review. We appreciate your business. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

LLamabob
2/02/2014

"I've been searching for a new car for about 6 weeks. ..."

I've been searching for a new car for about 6 weeks. I struck up an email conversation with Mark Dennis at Bill Penney Toyota. I ended up test driving the new Toyota Highlander Limited at lunch. I loved it, but I didn't want to spend that much. They happened to have a new 2014 Highlander XLE that just arrived that was much more in my price range. They gave me a great deal. I was in and out of there in no time. There was never any pressure. It was a pleasant experience. This is my 4th or 5th Toyota that we've bought from Bill Penney Toyota.

Mark Dennis

February 13, 2014

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

AllenMuzny
1/15/2014

"Overall experience was great. Salesman was easy to work..."

Overall experience was great. Salesman was easy to work with and dealership went above my expectations to finalize my deal. Will buy from again. Thanks

Bob Fitzgerald

January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our dealership. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

DanPH77
1/09/2014

"Let me start by saying Bill Penney Toyota has friendly..."

Let me start by saying Bill Penney Toyota has friendly and knowledgeable staff. I am 24 years old and this was my first vehicle purchase. I also considered Jim Bishop and Serra Toyota of Decatur. However, I ended up going with Bill Penney because they had what I wanted on the lot and in the end I got an excellent deal. I went in on DEC 30, 2013 and started negotiating a deal on a 2014 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. Overall the experience was good and Bob Fitzgerald is very friendly. However, I did feel pushed at times during the deal. I originally wanted to pay for the truck in cash (because that is the way my father did things and I respected the way he handled matters) but for the price and due bill options I negotiated with Bill Penney I was told I had to finance with them. So, I agreed based on the thought that it was a mutual deal for both parties. I get exactly what I want at a good price to me, and they get something back through financing. When I went into the financing office to sign papers I got a deal with a decent APR rate. However, externally I can get 0% APR at most local banks because I have very good credit. So as I was looking over the papers I noticed extended warranties and additionals were added on which I was not informed of. I believe this should have been thoroughly discussed before being added to signing documents. However, once I got the paper work the way I wanted it I signed the papers and went on my way. Then on DEC 31 I got a call from the financing manger saying financing fell through and I would have to come back in and sign new paperwork under a different lien holder with a higher APR rate. I was angry about this because today its simple to know exactly what APR a customer is applicable for and the original deal/negotiation shouldn't change in a way that is worse for the customer. I went in and talked to the sales and finance manager. I let them know that I was dissatisfied because I felt I was being baited by dealer tactics to raise my APR but the sales manager was very understanding and helpful. He ended up doing what was ethically right in my opinion. He gave me the option to stick with the original APR or pay with cash like I originally wanted to do because of all the trouble. In the end I believe Bill Penney is a solid dealership that cares about putting the customer's needs first. In my book that is very important. The most important aspects in a business should be respect, honesty, and making sure customer service is your highest priority. Bill Penney had its bumps in the road when I was dealing with them; however, in the end they did what was right and that earned my respect back. This was important and made me feel comfortable again knowing if my dad was still alive he would have been proud of a job well done purchasing my first vehicle.

Bob Fitzgerald

January 13, 2014

We are so glad you decided to buy a vehicle from Bill Penney Toyota. We appreciate your business and if we can ever be of assistance please feel free to contact us. Thanks, Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

YolandaBelanger
1/04/2014

"I went to bill penny Toyota to purchase a car. I informed..."

I went to bill penny Toyota to purchase a car. I informed sales rep Robert that I was pre approved through my personal bank. At the time there was promotional offer by Toyota called the toyotathon which offered cash rebates and low interest rate on new Toyota cars if you finance the car through Toyota. I agreed with sales Robert to apply for finance only by Toyota . I clearly advised sales rep that I was only interested in Toyota financing. The credit applicant as completed after reviewing new car options. I received an credit alert from 2 credit bureaus stating the bill penny Toyota pulled my credit twice on 12/10/2013 & 12/11/2013. No only did bill penny Toyota pulled my credit they also sent credit applications to 12 other banks without my permission which also pulled my credit. At this time I have a total 14 inquires on my credit report without my authorization. I disputed inquires on with credit bureau was denied by both trans union and equifax. My credit score has dropped within the past 30 days. I reapplied for auto pre approval renewal loan recently and realize my interest have increase due the inquires by bill penny Toyota. I felt the dealership sales finance managers was taking advantage of me because I am single women shopping alone for car. The sales finance mangers submitted my credit application multiple times to drive down my credit score so that dealership can offer me a much higher interest rate to participate with promotional toyotathon offer.

Robert

atowry
1/03/2014

"We just purchased a new Toyota Highlander from Bill..."

We just purchased a new Toyota Highlander from Bill Penney. Our experience was outstanding. Zack and Darrell Green went above and beyond to make us feel at ease, informed, and confident in our purchase.

Darrell Green

January 06, 2014

Thanks for the great review. We truly appreciate your business. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

StuartCampbell
12/31/2013

"Working on the sale with Fred Williams was the best I..."

Working on the sale with Fred Williams was the best I have ever experienced in buying a new car. Zack Penney, and Fred made us feel welcome, and made sure we left happy. If you want a salesperson that will treat you right, I recommend Fred Williams. Great experience.

Fred Williams

December 31, 2013

pcpcpcpcpcpcpc
12/28/2013

"I am pleased to purchase 2014 Toyota Camry from Bill..."

I am pleased to purchase 2014 Toyota Camry from Bill Penney, especially through a Sales Associate Darrell Green. He listened carefully what I wanted and presented all the options. The process was transparent.

Darrell Green

December 30, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. Darrell is a true asset to our team. We appreciate your business. Cindy Huet Customer Experience Director

Reviews of Zack Penney