Read Reviews Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton

Manufacturers: Nissan, Service Center

2.2

2.2

based on 5 reviews

Overall
2.6

2.6 out of 5

Zack ScottNew Car Manager1 Lifetime Review

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton

Bob Rohrman Nissan of Chesterton in Burns Harbor, IN treats the needs of each individual customer with paramount concern. We know that you have high expectations for customer service, and as a car dealer, we enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time. Allow us to demonstrate our commitment to excellence! We proudly service and meet the sales needs of the greater Chicagoland area.

We offer Rentals! 2011/2012 models available! Call for availablity

We welcome you to come take a look at our full inventory at www.nissanofchesterton.com and come test drive a vehicle that you will fall in love with.

Our Location

Free Coffee Vending Machines
Free Drinks Pet Friendly
Free Loaner Cars

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Had a week long email conversation on a particular..."

customerservicenot
3/5/2014 11:18:52 AM

Zack ScottZack Scott

1.2

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Had a week long email conversation on a particular vehicle ~ making a deal with Tyree. Told him when we would be in to see the vehicle. We get there and low and behold - that vehicle is not on the lot. One of the Dealers are driving it. So now it is a USED vehicle, not new as advertised. Speaking of advertised, it listed on their website that this vehicle was loaded, leather seats, heated seats, tow hitch, etc....completely loaded! Everything I was looking for. We were told that "OOPS the listing is incorrect, we will have to fix that". We have found 4 that we need to correct. Guess what, 3 weeks later and the listing is still reading the same as when I first looked it up. I don't like working with shady people and this group is just that! I have bought many cars over the years, and never had such a bad experience as I did with them. Now wish I had read these other reviews before going there, it would have saved me the 2 hours I lost that day.

Twitter
"My salesman was great. Once he was done I visited..."

eduehling
9/16/2013 4:44:46 PM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
tim the finance manager and whoever the larger sales manager was

1.4

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

My salesman was great. Once he was done I visited finance. Tim was rude for no apparent reason. When we told him we had been told we could get a rate that matched the one offered across the street (0% 48 months for used) he got upset and literally just stormed out of the room like a child. This was within 30-45 seconds of me sitting down in his office. I was smiling and very excited about the vehicle and in no way provoked this type of reaction. I figured I liked the truck so who cares if 1 guy is a jerk. As I said my salesman was excellent. So he came back with the same interest rate but for only 36 months. He was suck a jerk and appeared exasperated by having to do his job so I just agreed and tried to get through the unpleasantness of his office as quickly as possible. I got the keys and went out to the vehicle. Oops no gas!! And I didn't yet get my second set of keys. I went inside and told the salesman I needed a tank of gas and the extra keys. He told the service porter to get the keys and gas. The sales manager heard this and instructed the porter not to fill the tank. I waited 45 more minutes for the keys and received the truck with the gas light on. When I asked the sales manager he was EXTREMELY rude and said we dont put gas in used cars. I just spent over 15k with 6k down and perfect credit to qualify for 0%. Why was I being treated like a pauper? I filled out their survey and asked for a call back but that hasn't happened in the 10 days they've had to respond. I wish I hadn't bought the truck and am dreading even having to go back there to pick up my paperwork. Just STAY AWAY from this dealership

Twitter
"I have used Bob Rohrman Nissan of Chesterton in Burns..."

ssimpson46360
1/30/2013 10:57:07 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Not Sure

2.8

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I have used Bob Rohrman Nissan of Chesterton in Burns Harbor for the past 2 years. I recently had a diagnostic test and they found a problem. I was having another ongoing problem the day I took my car in to get it fixed which was not investigated during my previous diagnostic test. They offered me another diagnostic test for an additional $115. In my opinion, a diagnostic test costing a whopping $115 should cover all issues that are occurring at that time. During the initial diagnostic test I did state multiple symptoms (issues) that were occurring with my car. I was basically told that if I had six problems that the total price would be $115 x 6. When I picked my car up the check engine light was on and nothing was said about this. Additionally, I had to call to see if my car was finished. I expected more and I am very disappointed in their service and the way I was treated.

Twitter
"Darren & Team were great to work with. They were..."

NissanArm2012
1/20/2013 6:28:53 PM

Darren Newton

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Darren & Team were great to work with. They were able to quickly locate our Armada at another one of their dealerships and had it delivered to their store. The process was straightforward and quick, even when another dealer attempted to throw a wrench into the process! I arrived at the dealership to take delivery and was quickly greeted without the typical sales "sleaze" and was taken to view our new vehicle. Darren made this the EASIEST and SMOOTHEST car purchase we have had! I would highly recommend contacting Darren and Chesterton Nissan for your next purchase. Thanks again!

Twitter
"I called first thing Monday morning to set up appointment..."

J Fisher
12/19/2012 6:15:31 PM

George BarronGeorge Barron

2.0

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I called first thing Monday morning to set up appointment to see a car I saw on the internet. I looked for months to find a car like this.

The salesman was busy that afternoon. He ASSURED me that he would hold the car if I agreed to wait till Wednesday. I offered a down payment, but he said it wouldn't be needed. He would put it in the back with a sold sign.

A different salesman sold the car on Tuesday.

I don't feel this Nissan dealer lives up to the Japanese value of honor and trust.

Twitter
"Bought a new car. Ticket was going to expire i called 3..."

nortega
7/13/2012 10:52:41 PM

bill-finance
greg-manager
some lady that deals w/plate issues

3.2

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Bought a new car. Ticket was going to expire i called 3 days in advance so they can mail me another in time. Never received a phone call back. called & talked to Bill the finance guy and told me there was something wrong with my contract and had to come in. I didn't want to drive more than 50 miles because all of a sudden there was something wrong with my contract computer glitch. Was very angry at that point and i wanted some compensation for their mistake. Bill told me what do you want $10 dollars for gas (VERY RUDE). At that point Greg was asked to talk to a frustraded customer and actually was very nice. Made the situation positive again. A little issue was made to be a big issue. If the girl would have called me since the beginning and mailed me another ticket so i can receive it on time that would have been the end of it. Someone dropped the ball, big time. Gus, the man that sold us the car was very nice. Greg was very nice. Bill from finance office very rude. That girl that didn't return my calls should be fired. My first payment was suppose to be in the middle of July and I still have not received a statement. This is not my first Nissan. I also own another Nissan. My son and my daugther own Nissans. I bought my first Nissan in Hillside Illinois and did not have this problem at all. Totally two different experiances. Next time you know where i will go.

Twitter
"Most friendly Dealearship I've ever dealt with. Johnsie..."

chevkid
6/6/2012 11:28:35 PM

Brandon  PorterBrandon Porter

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Most friendly Dealearship I've ever dealt with. Johnsie Mays is a Fantastic person, not push and went out of his way to show us everyting we wanted to see. Even after purchasing our Pathfinder, he kept in contact to make sure we were still happy. The Service and parts staff was also very friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about this dealership. We look forward to doing more business with them in the future!!!!

Thanks
Tom & Lori Ayala

Twitter
"I came to this dealer cause was the only one who was..."

kurzer1r
5/16/2012 1:13:26 AM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
johnsie mays and a new trainee

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I came to this dealer cause was the only one who was willing to work with me having a 659 credit score. the people are very nice specially Sonia. I know their job its to sell and show their best interest with potential buyers but I felt very welcomed all the time I was there. Johnsie help me in all and take time to detail me about my new Nissan Altima. The bad part was the Apr that was at 13% a little pricey but the again i have a 658 credit score, second was that the car was used for test drives with 122 miles on it I was hoping a discount since it already went out the lotbut i happy with the car. i just wanna thank Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton for helping me take my dream car since a lot or dealers refused to sell me

Twitter
"Very pleased across the board. They took plenty of time..."

asirron
7/24/2011 6:42:38 PM

Zack ScottZack Scott

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Very pleased across the board. They took plenty of time to help us understand the various options, get to know the cars, then find exactly what we wanted. Sales negotiation process seemed very fair. (All of my previous cars were "no-haggle" Saturns, so I was dreading the negotiation. But when the time came, they presented an offer that compared favorably with all of the background research I had done, so it was a surprisingly pain-free experience.)

Response From: Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton
Added: 9/16/2011 10:49:59 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback while working with Zach and Joe. I am happy that we were able to provided you with a no haggle experience. On behalf of everyone here, we welcome you to the Bob Rohrman Auto Group.

Hilary Ledbetter
Owner Loyalty Manager
Nissan of Chesterton
219-787-1777

Twitter
"Bobby Warren was a pleasure to deal with, he answered all..."

Barbievhsj
7/16/2011 8:34:26 PM

Bobby Warren

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Bobby Warren was a pleasure to deal with, he answered all my conerns and gave me a good deal. He is a very polite young man and he handle everything in a timely manner.

Response From: Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton
Added: 9/16/2011 10:51:31 AM

Thank you for the 5 star review! We hope you enjoy your new vehicle. On behalf of everyone here, we welcome you to the Bob Rohrman Auto Group!

Hilary Ledbetter