Read Reviews Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton

2.7

1.9

2.3

based on 7 reviews

Overall
2.2

2.2 out of 5

Zack ScottNew Car Manager1 Lifetime Review

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton

Bob Rohrman Nissan of Chesterton in Burns Harbor, IN treats the needs of each individual customer with paramount concern. We know that you have high expectations for customer service, and as a car dealer, we enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time. Allow us to demonstrate our commitment to excellence! We proudly service and meet the sales needs of the greater Chicagoland area.

We offer Rentals! 2011/2012 models available! Call for availablity

We welcome you to come take a look at our full inventory at www.nissanofchesterton.com and come test drive a vehicle that you will fall in love with.

Our Location

Free Coffee Vending Machines
Free Drinks Pet Friendly
Free Loaner Cars

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"TYPICAL USED CAR SELLING ONLY, PROFESSIONAL SCAMMERS!!!!!!"

cnieto
7/25/2014 8:37:53 PM

Rachel HowellRachel Howell
Damien JimenezDamien Jimenez

1.4

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

WELL, we came in off of a internet add for a used Armada that was marked at a cheaper price then everyone else to fit our 5 children but turns out they said they sold it yesterday, but they brought another Armada but only after we filled out paperwork and waited for almost 3 hours. We FINALLY took it for a test drive. We were only coming there because someone we knew worked there but they switched us to some other guy. The car drove great but he told us when we came back that it would be tough but let me take the armada home for two weeks and kept giving me the runaround till we came in an they told us we could not get financed for this one but they offered a silver one with less miles and a year newer with the payment were we wanted it to be at. We then for the first time met Rachel to sign the papers after dealing with a different person every time. The test drive was good but less then two days later there was white smoke coming out of the tail pipes and it kept getting worse. We told them about it and they took it in several times and said they fixed thing and gave us the runaround for a month. Then they called us in after we threatened legal action and said they had a solution. They were going to give us a brand new Altima but when we went to the finance office we found out that we were just trading in the truck we just bought for the brand new Altima with almost double the payment we had. They have never honored our the so called extended warranty or even taken the time to look at it due to some insurance non sense not to mention all the stuff they promised us. Anthony left me a message after having the car for exactly two years about making me an offer to buy my car back. We tried to contact him for two days and delt with three different salesmen over the phone before he set an appointment with us. When we came in he had other appointments going on and tried to pass me to Tyree then Rachel seen me but I had decided to go with Mindy who was really sweet but we could tell she was new at this and didn't have much experience but she seemed to mean well. We told her what happened and that I only came back for some sort of means to make up for what they had done. They went right to a used white 09 Murano with more miles then my 2012 Altima. I came in wanting to test drive a new 2014 Sentra but she told me that she had to check to see if that was right for me. I just wanted to test drive it to see if I liked it but they brought the Murano instead. I told her no after the Murano test drive and she kept dropping the monthly payment till it was 114 dollars less and then dropped the down payment. We find out they wanted me to finance the Murano for 84 months at just over 500 a month. 42,000 for an 09 Murano and they told me It was because we were only upside down 10 grand that they gave me. I don't even have to know math to know that doesn't add up. I never did find out the price of the Murano. BEWARE!!!!

Twitter
"Claimed to Be Out of Network for the Warranty Nissan Sold Me"

ValpoJ
7/24/2014 10:00:54 AM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Jennifer WalsdorfJennifer Walsdorf

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I bought a Road Hazard and Tire warranty through Nissan when I purchased my 2014 Nissan Rogue. I purchased this vehicle at another dealer because Bob Rohrman did not have the color and body style I wanted, and they tried to use high pressure, tag team style sales pitches to keep me in their dealership. That being said, I brought my Rogue to them yesterday for service on a tire. I called the warranty service line prior to arriving at the dealership and verified that Bob Rohrman was on the network.
Upon arrival, the service advisor took an immediate offense to my prior authorization. She stated that she would have to call herself and then that I would be responsible to pay the cost of repair and be reimbursed afterward by the warranty company. I told her I had called previously and made sure that would not be the case, but nevertheless she sent us to the waiting lounge while she made her call. A few minutes later, she smugly informed us that she was right, and we were incorrect, and that we would need to pay the repair up front. Of course, I took my keys and left.
In addition, the Rogue has experienced a variety of intermittent problem with the electronics. The Nissan Navigation and Connect systems are wonderful, but have several gremlins that creep up. Nissan has asked us to allow the dealerships to run diagnostics whenever we are there, and have experienced issues. I have had this done at several deaelrships, even out of state, in order to hopefully provide the information necessary to pinpojnt the problems and help Nissan fix them. Bob Rohrman Nissan, however, wanted to charge me over 130$ for this service. REDICULOUS!!!
Bob Rohrman Nissan refused to honor a warranty that I purchased through Nissan, refused to accept the warranty that they are certified in as a licensed dealer, and I believe the reason they did this was because I did not purchase the vehicle there, and when asked why I actually told them the truth. I will never darken the door of this dealership again, and should me vehicle break down on the road in front of the dealer, I will pay out of pocket to have it towed to a dealer that actually cares about customer service.

Twitter
"Had a week long email conversation on a particular..."

customerservicenot
3/5/2014 11:18:52 AM

Zack ScottZack Scott

1.2

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Had a week long email conversation on a particular vehicle ~ making a deal with Tyree. Told him when we would be in to see the vehicle. We get there and low and behold - that vehicle is not on the lot. One of the Dealers are driving it. So now it is a USED vehicle, not new as advertised. Speaking of advertised, it listed on their website that this vehicle was loaded, leather seats, heated seats, tow hitch, etc....completely loaded! Everything I was looking for. We were told that "OOPS the listing is incorrect, we will have to fix that". We have found 4 that we need to correct. Guess what, 3 weeks later and the listing is still reading the same as when I first looked it up. I don't like working with shady people and this group is just that! I have bought many cars over the years, and never had such a bad experience as I did with them. Now wish I had read these other reviews before going there, it would have saved me the 2 hours I lost that day.

Twitter
"My salesman was great. Once he was done I visited..."

eduehling
9/16/2013 4:44:46 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Employee(s) Dealt With:
tim the finance manager and whoever the larger sales manager was

1.4

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

My salesman was great. Once he was done I visited finance. Tim was rude for no apparent reason. When we told him we had been told we could get a rate that matched the one offered across the street (0% 48 months for used) he got upset and literally just stormed out of the room like a child. This was within 30-45 seconds of me sitting down in his office. I was smiling and very excited about the vehicle and in no way provoked this type of reaction. I figured I liked the truck so who cares if 1 guy is a jerk. As I said my salesman was excellent. So he came back with the same interest rate but for only 36 months. He was suck a jerk and appeared exasperated by having to do his job so I just agreed and tried to get through the unpleasantness of his office as quickly as possible. I got the keys and went out to the vehicle. Oops no gas!! And I didn't yet get my second set of keys. I went inside and told the salesman I needed a tank of gas and the extra keys. He told the service porter to get the keys and gas. The sales manager heard this and instructed the porter not to fill the tank. I waited 45 more minutes for the keys and received the truck with the gas light on. When I asked the sales manager he was EXTREMELY rude and said we dont put gas in used cars. I just spent over 15k with 6k down and perfect credit to qualify for 0%. Why was I being treated like a pauper? I filled out their survey and asked for a call back but that hasn't happened in the 10 days they've had to respond. I wish I hadn't bought the truck and am dreading even having to go back there to pick up my paperwork. Just STAY AWAY from this dealership

Twitter
"I have used Bob Rohrman Nissan of Chesterton in Burns..."

ssimpson46360
1/30/2013 10:57:07 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Not Sure

2.8

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I have used Bob Rohrman Nissan of Chesterton in Burns Harbor for the past 2 years. I recently had a diagnostic test and they found a problem. I was having another ongoing problem the day I took my car in to get it fixed which was not investigated during my previous diagnostic test. They offered me another diagnostic test for an additional $115. In my opinion, a diagnostic test costing a whopping $115 should cover all issues that are occurring at that time. During the initial diagnostic test I did state multiple symptoms (issues) that were occurring with my car. I was basically told that if I had six problems that the total price would be $115 x 6. When I picked my car up the check engine light was on and nothing was said about this. Additionally, I had to call to see if my car was finished. I expected more and I am very disappointed in their service and the way I was treated.

Twitter
"Darren & Team were great to work with. They were..."

NissanArm2012
1/20/2013 6:28:53 PM

Darren Newton

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Darren & Team were great to work with. They were able to quickly locate our Armada at another one of their dealerships and had it delivered to their store. The process was straightforward and quick, even when another dealer attempted to throw a wrench into the process! I arrived at the dealership to take delivery and was quickly greeted without the typical sales "sleaze" and was taken to view our new vehicle. Darren made this the EASIEST and SMOOTHEST car purchase we have had! I would highly recommend contacting Darren and Chesterton Nissan for your next purchase. Thanks again!

Twitter
"I called first thing Monday morning to set up appointment..."

J Fisher
12/19/2012 6:15:31 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
George BarronGeorge Barron

2.0

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I called first thing Monday morning to set up appointment to see a car I saw on the internet. I looked for months to find a car like this.

The salesman was busy that afternoon. He ASSURED me that he would hold the car if I agreed to wait till Wednesday. I offered a down payment, but he said it wouldn't be needed. He would put it in the back with a sold sign.

A different salesman sold the car on Tuesday.

I don't feel this Nissan dealer lives up to the Japanese value of honor and trust.

Twitter
"Bought a new car. Ticket was going to expire i called 3..."

nortega
7/13/2012 10:52:41 PM

bill-finance
greg-manager
some lady that deals w/plate issues

3.2

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Bought a new car. Ticket was going to expire i called 3 days in advance so they can mail me another in time. Never received a phone call back. called & talked to Bill the finance guy and told me there was something wrong with my contract and had to come in. I didn't want to drive more than 50 miles because all of a sudden there was something wrong with my contract computer glitch. Was very angry at that point and i wanted some compensation for their mistake. Bill told me what do you want $10 dollars for gas (VERY RUDE). At that point Greg was asked to talk to a frustraded customer and actually was very nice. Made the situation positive again. A little issue was made to be a big issue. If the girl would have called me since the beginning and mailed me another ticket so i can receive it on time that would have been the end of it. Someone dropped the ball, big time. Gus, the man that sold us the car was very nice. Greg was very nice. Bill from finance office very rude. That girl that didn't return my calls should be fired. My first payment was suppose to be in the middle of July and I still have not received a statement. This is not my first Nissan. I also own another Nissan. My son and my daugther own Nissans. I bought my first Nissan in Hillside Illinois and did not have this problem at all. Totally two different experiances. Next time you know where i will go.

Twitter
"Most friendly Dealearship I've ever dealt with. Johnsie..."

chevkid
6/6/2012 11:28:35 PM

Brandon  PorterBrandon Porter

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

Most friendly Dealearship I've ever dealt with. Johnsie Mays is a Fantastic person, not push and went out of his way to show us everyting we wanted to see. Even after purchasing our Pathfinder, he kept in contact to make sure we were still happy. The Service and parts staff was also very friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about this dealership. We look forward to doing more business with them in the future!!!!

Thanks
Tom & Lori Ayala

Twitter
"I came to this dealer cause was the only one who was..."

kurzer1r
5/16/2012 1:13:26 AM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
johnsie mays and a new trainee

My Review Of Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton:

I came to this dealer cause was the only one who was willing to work with me having a 659 credit score. the people are very nice specially Sonia. I know their job its to sell and show their best interest with potential buyers but I felt very welcomed all the time I was there. Johnsie help me in all and take time to detail me about my new Nissan Altima. The bad part was the Apr that was at 13% a little pricey but the again i have a 658 credit score, second was that the car was used for test drives with 122 miles on it I was hoping a discount since it already went out the lotbut i happy with the car. i just wanna thank Bob Rohrman Nissan Of Chesterton for helping me take my dream car since a lot or dealers refused to sell me

Reviews 11-20 >>