Brandon Volkswagen

Tampa, Florida 33619
Brandon Volkswagen Info

sandman_069@hotmail.com
4/18/2015

"Where arrogance and intransigence meet."

Dealership staff so foolish that after giving me a '15 Passat-TDI to take home (to Sarasota) for a weekend and my putting 150+ miles on the car; Joe Lantz botched the whole deal by being an arrogant jerk. $799 dealer fee for nothing! $230 for floor mats that he refused to remove! The ridiculous quote of $1,800 for dealer installed fog-lights?!!! So now they have a car with almost 200 miles on it and I still have my down payment nice and safe in my bank account. Sales customer service so bad I can never recommend them and will never purchase from them. Brandon VW doesn't want to service you, -their customer. They just want solely what they can take. out of you! Vote with your money and take it somewhere else. For comparable pricing; say hello to Bert Smith!

Matt Blundo, Joe Lantz

ailly04
2/16/2015

"$800 DOC FEE! Other fees that can't be explained! RUN!"

My husband and I came in, having never owned a VW and worked with Damon (sp?) who was fantastic! He was helpful and patient and we looked at several models and even test drove a couple. I settled on the Passat and we went inside to negotiate. We made an offer which was countered. I questioned the $2,500 TTL on top of the price and asked for a breakdown. There was about $800 of inexplicable fees. I countered again, and received another counter offer. $14,9XX out the door (we were offering $14,000 out the door). I said it was still really more than we wanted to spend and Otis (the sales manager said "make me an offer somewhere in the middle!" I said I would really rather not and was very uncomfortable with the extra fees that could not be explained. He said "how about another $400 off, I could probably do that." We said we would think about it and we went for lunch and to check out a Mazda as I like those as well. We came back about an hour later and said that if the deal of $14,500 was still there, we would take it and sign right now. We were told that was a mistake and that it was once again $16,000 out the door. I argued it and said "so, now even the $14,900 out the door is off the table?" I was told that yes, it was $16,000 out the door and that Otis should have never offered $14,900 out the door. I argued that it was not my problem and that he HAD offered it, in writing, so it should still be there. Gino (I think) came out and said "no, our asking price is so good, we are not budging!" I said "so now you won't take a penny off the deal?" He said no and we walked out. He then sent Damon out to our truck as we were driving away to show us the FIRST counter we received as proof that I was wrong. First of all, I wasn't wrong .. that was the FIRST counter, not the last one that showed $14,900 on paper, out the door. Secondly, sending your salesman out to an already upset customer to try to prove them wrong is bad character and bad business. At this point what does Brandon VW gain by pissing me off even more? Long story short, we drove to Orlando the next day and got a 2013 Chrysler 200 Touring, with 12,000 less miles OUT THE DOOR for $12,800. One year newer, better warranty, less miles, same options, and American made! I will never even consider owning a VW for the rest of my life now with the way we were treated. Thanks for letting us walk, we received a much better deal by going elsewhere. In large part due to your RIDICULOUS $800 doc fee. That is the biggest doc fee of anyone along that street by the way. Most don't have a doc fee, the ones that do are $500. Maybe if you didn't try to screw your customers with $800 doc fees and another $800 or so in unexplained fees (Even when I ask for a penny by penny break down) you wouldn't be ranked #5 in the country, like your managers like to brag about. Maybe you would be ranked #1. The salesman was great and I wish he could have made some money for the time he spent with us, but his boneheaded managers ruined that for him. They should be ashamed of themselves and he should go work somewhere else!

Damon, Otis, Gino

jasminavina
2/03/2015

"Awesome Experience!!!"

I had a great experience with Brandon VW, everyone was extremely friendly. Damon helped me find exactly what I was looking for. He exceeded my expectations and went out of his way to help in any way that he could. All of the staff was very kind and exceptionally helpful. I will definitely be back to this dealership for service and future purchases.

Damon Hart

kshepherd12
8/30/2014

"Wonderful service!!"

Brandon Volkswagen was 100% the best car buying experience I've ever had. I was treated with respect and honesty by my awesome salesman Melvin, as well as Pat and Matt. Everyone in the building was nice, and the environment was incredibly friendly and comfortable. These guys are doing it right. My TDI Jetta got 38 mpg on the first tank, & should top 40 on the next one. Great car, great team, thanks for all of your help!

Melvin, Pat, Matt

TampaRV1
4/23/2014

"Above and Beyond Service!!!"

I came in the night before Easter, after getting off work late, nearly close of business at Brandon VW to drive and attempt financing on a gorgeous Civic Si. I had worked out details over the phone the previous 3 days with Reggie (sales) and had left a deposit on the vehicle to hold it until my arrival. After recently discharging a BK, and being in the business myself i knew the stipulations at hand and the circumstances, Adam the Sales Manager was very professional, upfront and discreet with my personal details. He understood my NEED for a reliable vehicle seeing how mine barely made it in to the dealership. I cannot express my gratitude for the 3 individuals who took time away from their families to accommodate my needs in a professional manner. Ken made F&I seamless, in and out, no games, no hidden rates or fine print. I may have a car that'll last me 10 or so years but the next time I go to purchase it will always be through Brandon VW first! Thanks fellas, Anthony

Reggie Myrick, Adam Chess, Ken from Finance

jbdusf83
2/16/2014

"Just purchased a pre-owned Lexus RX350 from Brandon VW...."

Just purchased a pre-owned Lexus RX350 from Brandon VW. This was my third time doing business with them. I has previously leased 2 Jettas. Each time I have worked with MJ. He is honest, professional, and not pushy at all. I highly recommend him. The manager Pat was able to meet me in the middle of my offer and their offer and approved getting some scratches taken out. After the sale was over and done with I noticed one of the 4 tires was old and worn. I stopped by and the manager Gino came out looked at it, and immediately approved the service dept to order me a brand new tire! Top notch service!!

MJ, Pat, Gino.

ckylewiseman
2/05/2014

"What a great Car buying expierence! Joe Dages and the..."

What a great Car buying expierence! Joe Dages and the whole team at Brandon Volkswagen made me feel like a friend not some animal and potential sale. I would like to say Joe (salesman) had high product knowledge in the product he was selling, he took the time to show me all the cool stuff about the car including the MIFI radio etc.. I came in knowing that I really wanted a Volkswagen CC, I ended up leaving with a smile, my CC and feeling of a great experience and confidence in my purchase, in all aspects. It was a Sunday when I purchased the vehicle the tire had picked up a bolt in the front tire and Joe knowing I had a far drive home back to clearwater went out of his way to get a patch kit and plug for the tire. They offered a loaner to me but I was too excited and wanted my car so I declined, they also of course offered to fix at no charge at my next convenience. I highly recommend Brandon VW the whole team is just great!

Joseph Dages

IRISH33!
1/27/2014

"The salesman gave me a 5 minute test drive after a 30..."

The salesman gave me a 5 minute test drive after a 30 minute wait on an empty tank of gas. The financing office was pushy, rude, lacking in useful information, and ultimately illegal in its dealings with me in that it failed to offer me an option to buy a contract cancellation option. They sold me a 2012 Kia Rio advertised at 10,998 for 20,000 through predatory practices and financing.

Steve Ullum, Ken Hallworth

ubroodl
8/29/2013

"Why did I give this dealership an excellent review? Two..."

Why did I give this dealership an excellent review? Two words: honesty and professionalism. We bought a new 2013 VW Passat TDI from this dealership and had a very positive experience. The salesman greeted us on the lot with a smile and a handshake. He listened to what we had to say and didn't try to sell us something that we did not want. Turns out the right vehicle for us was on another lot, so the manager had the vehicle sent over to us promptly. We ended up buying this car. Everyone from the salesman, to the manager, to the finance guy made us feel welcomed and appreciated. No one attempted to "blow sunshine up our respective skirts". The dealership also did not try to add on additional things which we "should" buy. It was a simple, bottom line price transaction which I appreciated. The dealership also appears to hire a lot of veterans and we appreciate that. Everyone we dealt with was a veteran and we take pride in supporting businesses which support our troops as they transition back to the civilian workforce! Finally, I must not the cleanliness, professionalism and the welcoming spirit. This was reflected not only in the attitude of the staff, but in the kids play area, the free popcorn, and just the little other things that made you feel welcome and comfortable. Our transaction required us to be at the dealership still at 11:00 PM and never did we feel rushed or hurried - they stuck with us until we got the car we wanted and the deal was complete.

Reggie, Sales Manager, Fiance Guy, Internet Manager

melusa1
7/07/2013

"Subject: False & Deceptive Auto Advertisement I..."

Subject: False & Deceptive Auto Advertisement I received a letter from Jordan Kuhn, General Manager of Brandon VW offering me $24708 trade in value on my Mazda CX9 with an estimated 3600 miles on it. My vehicle in actuality only has 25700 miles on it almost 11000 less miles than Mr. Kuhn thought was on my vehicle. I was met by a Mike Johnson at 1310 hours 11/3/12 when I drove on the lot, I asked to speak with Mr. Kuhn and was told by Mr. Johnson that he was busy and Johnson would take good card of me. I showed Johnson the letter Kuhn had sent me in the mail, "we will get very close to that trade in value of $24,708." So Johnson leaves for about 7 minutes and comes back with a trade in value of $17000, I ask if in his world $17000 is very close to $24708 and he says sarcastically YES! I then ask to speak with Kuhn and Johnson again tells me he is too busy to speak with me, I ask Johnson why did Kuhn send me the letter which says ask for Kuhn when you come in? "It was just a gimmick to get you in the door". I then leave and inform Johnson , they have not heard the last of me. Kuhn & Brandon VW are GUILTY of False & Deceptive advertising and should be punished for such action by the AG of FL.

Jordan Kuhn/Mike Johnson