Brandywine Smyrna

Smyrna, Delaware 19977
Brandywine Smyrna Info

Dissatisfied with Service
6/01/2015

"Service is improperly named....should be DIS-SERVICE !!!!!!"

I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot which had a leaking transmission pan gasket. Of course I am unable to check for this "leak" since Chrysler decided to apply the Mercedes-Benz sealed transmission style to their line, disallowing the consumer the ability to, not only check the fluid level, but to add fluid in the event of a leak is discovered until proper service could be attained. On a Wednesday while on my way to work, I discovered a problem with my Patriot. It started to lose power on the highway, the speedometer read 80, but my actual speed dropped to about 40 MPH, and the transmission temp warning light activated. I took the vehicle to, what I thought, was a reputable dealer, thinking I could get the correct diagnosis and the right fix. Oh, I got fixed okay. They had my vehicle for 3 days, informing me the transmission gasket was leaking and was in need of a transmission "tune-up"....the cost $352. I pick the vehicle up late Friday, I had to call to find out it was done, they didn't call me, and I drove the vehicle straight home. I parked it in my driveway. 3 hours later my wife tells me there appears to be a puddle of something under the truck. I go out and see the fluid dripping into the brush guard on the undercarriage, then onto the ground. My son-in law removed the brush guard to get a better look at where this constant drip was coming from. Where else, it was coming from the transmission pan gasket, that's right, the new one that the "service specialist" put on. 3 of the bolts in the rear of the gasket pan were hand loose (not tightened all the way). He cleans the area around the gasket and the brush guard, and we wait to see if it is the problem. Well, it was still dripping, and the guard is again full of fluid, still dripping out of the drip hole onto the ground. Unfortunately for me, I have to wait the entire weekend before I could contact "service" on Monday morning. I call the number at 7:30 AM since service opens then, and I get a recording that they are not open, leave a message, but the voice mail is FULL. No wonder with the quality of disservice they provide??? Finally, at 8:15 AM I am able to speak with someone. I get the service manager, Stu, on the phone and he seems to have an attitude from the get go. He tells me that the fluid probably blew out the something or other, and I will probably need a transmission overhaul. This great transmission that Chrysler has decided to use is noted by the mechanic, and I use that term loosely, it can't be rebuilt, it must be replaced. Stu instructs me to call a recommended tower who takes my truck back to the dealership, so they can take a look at it. It gets towed back to service. I again wait half the day, and I have to call to find out it was done. The service manager, Stu, informs me the dripping, that lasted for the entire weekend, was "residual" from the "service". I know that's not true because my son-in law cleaned everything under that engine, and he was meticulous about it. It looked better than new. Stu also informs me that they are paying for the tow, and someone from service is delivering my truck to me, I did not have to go back to retrieve it. It sits in the driveway, on the opposite side which is free of the old leakage, and 2 hours later the thing is dripping again, in the same spot, and a new puddle is forming on the ground in my driveway. This way I can have matching puddle stains (lol). I have had it with this dealership's idea of "service". I will try to get the vehicle to a local transmission specialist, Benchmark Transmission,.who has an A+ BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating, and convince them to help me get this gasket properly affixed and the drip stopped, at a reasonable price. At least I'll have the piece of mind. Needless to say, I have had it with Chrysler. I love my Patriot, but it is paid off and out of warranty so there is no need for me to patronize any of the dealerships in this line anymore. Our other vehicle is a Chrysler Town & Country, but this is our primary vehicle. When it is ready to be replaced (traded in), within the next year or so, we will be going to Toyota, Honda, or Nissan, not chrysler. The reason for the attitude against chrysler was another service problem we had in this same area was Holden Dodge. I wrote to Chrysler about them 2 years ago and have never been contacted, so I guess this will go no where too, but people do read these reviews, and I want this out there.

Stu, the "service" manager

tiffany995
10/22/2014

"A job well done Brandywine Smyrna"

I have two vehicles purchased from Brandywine and get them both serviced there. My brakes were making a strange noise. I took my vehicle there and the advisors were very polite and helpful. They understood my concern and explained the entire process from the time they looked at the car to the costs involved. They explained the repair, the time to make the repairs, and choices regarding it. I highly recommend this dealership for service.

Stu

deesram
8/26/2014

"Service department needs corporate to come here"

I purchased my ram truck at another dealership as my salesman left here and went elsewhere. I have previously purchased many dodge rams here and as I still have work vehicles purchase many parts. My engine light came on and I called for service. Finally get it in to have it all day and then told they are consulting with Chrysler as they don't know what it is. Next day have an answer and part won't be here until sept 28th. Run your truck sir..no problem. I mark my calendar to call back about part as getting thru to service dept is a chore. Their calls are apparently screened and they call you back when ever. So I verify again ok to run as we are going on vacation with the truck. No problem. two days before we leave service manager calls to say parts are in and can they replace. Interesting...so yes take it in and done. I am looking up this sensor issue online and so so many people having same issues and no parts are truly available till september. Well get on the road for my trip and light comes back on. its sunday. call the next morning and apparently no one had their coffee yet. very rude and unpleasant and pretty much told me that i could visit any dealership in the state i am. not reassuring to their customer or anything. no how can i help you nothing. Sure enough i get a customer service email survey. I am not a happy camper and i stated such. yesterday i called to get an appointment as i will be available to take truck in on friday. service manager finally calls back at 430 and says well you weren't happy with service we did so take your truck to where you bought it. No way to treat a long time customer. Because you were in the wrong to start with in your attitude you didn't get a 100percent. Trust me Ram Truck did hear about this and wasn't a surprise to hear back from them you treated the person who called about this with same attitude. Shame on you.

service manager

Unhappymomof2
6/24/2014

"Completely unprofessional"

I was getting a part replaced on my car that should take about an hour to replace. Not the case. I asked I for a shuttle home, the representative said the shuttle driver wasn't in. My son and I sat in the waiting area and listened to the manager, Stuart Bryans, use profanity over and over again. I asked the representative to ask him to stop because my son and an elderly couple were in the waiting area listening to this vulgarity. She looked at me like I crazy. Will NEVER go there again. Horrible Service!!

Tammy

Thedealercritic
3/28/2014

"Very lazy dealership"

I'm not sure what is about this place. They don't call you back or return calls. They aren't the friendliest place when you stop by to look at the cars on their lot. They act like it kills them to sell you a car at this dealer. Both times I've stopped by here I felt was a waste because of how I felt they treated me. A car is a major purchase and I feel like a dealer should work to earn your business rather than you do all the work and them drag their behinds trying to sell you a car. I've been here twice to look at the same vehicle but each time I felt like they weren't interested in even selling a vehicle to me at least. This dealer is one of those places that in true Delaware fashion survives by being the only brand within miles of a competitor. If you drive a Dodge,Chrysler, or Jeep chances are you're stuck having your ride serviced here. If you're looking for a Dodge,Chrysler, or Jeep and you don't feel like taking a field trip to the upper or even lower part of the state than you are stuck buying here. There's not much competition and when there's not much competition you don't have to put on your best hat and shoes to take care of customers. There's just something about this place that makes me feel uncomfortable being there. Regardless they were my first and last Dodge experience.

Not even worth mentioning

tiffany995
11/14/2013

"Have a 300C and have had an ongoing issue with the darn..."

Have a 300C and have had an ongoing issue with the darn radio and hands free phone working right. Took it to dealer I bought it at and they kept telling me I wasn't working it right. Tryed Smyrna dealer, they listened to my issue, 1 service guy drove it with me, The one without the beard. The other service guy went out and showed me how to work it and then they found some kinda update for the radio. The second guy took it into the shop while the first guy did the paperwork. Thanks fella's. Problem has not returned since then. Great service

Will and Stu

jcsvette
8/08/2013

"Tried working with the BCP Smyrna Dealer to locate me a..."

Tried working with the BCP Smyrna Dealer to locate me a vehicle. I did the searching over 100 vehicles and found one for this dealer. I traveled to Dealer and deposited substantial amount CASH and signed a Purchase agreement with a Credit approval. This Dealer was supposed to call me the next day when it was delivered for me to pick up the vehicle. That evening my son and I spent several hours removing my trailer hitch to ready my vehicle for trade. They (BCP Smyrna)didn't call the next day and I had to call them, then they tell me the Dealer in Fredrick, Md. who has the vehicle is negotiating a deal with another customer and they would let me know by 330pm that afternoon. I was perplexed and livid, the BCP Smyrna dealer didn’t say anything about another deal on this vehicle. They didn’t call at 330pm and I had to call them at that time they told me the truck was sold.. What a bad experience!!

BCP Smyrna Delaware Dealer

Tressa0711
7/24/2013

"Stu was very rude and condescending. Gave me the price to..."

Stu was very rude and condescending. Gave me the price to replace my hood or have it repainted instead of trying to help me. My car was 4 years old and has rust/ corrosion on the other side of the hood. Have had problems in the past with the service center and had to involve Chrysler to get them resolved. I am taking my car to another dealership to be repaired

Stu service manager

JMC15
3/06/2013

"I have purchased 3 cars from BCP Smyrna. By far the best..."

I have purchased 3 cars from BCP Smyrna. By far the best new cars deals around! Sales staff was helpful, dealership was beautiful and they had a large selection on New Cars and Trucks! I have told alot of people to purchase vehicles from BCP Smyrna and they are pleased as well.

Ashley

AmandaJacquette
9/24/2012

"My husband and I were looking for a new Dodge Charger and..."

My husband and I were looking for a new Dodge Charger and because we had purchased a Ram from them 6 years ago, we went back to BCP. The customer service there was HORRIBLE. They were rude, told us that we wouldn't be able to afford the kind of car we wanted, and just plain unfriendly. The worst service came from the owner himself and his son. They told us we wouldn't be able to afford the car before a cresit report had even been ran, and little did they know we could have purchased the car in cash. We will NEVER reccomend this dealer to anyone we know. We did howver, find the car of our dreams thanks to the help of Charlie Wallace and the team of Fred Fredrick Dodge of Easton, Maryand.

Art Porhoff, The Owner, and his son