Brian Bemis Honda

Honda of Joliet

adaml5212
6/28/2016

"2016 Honda Civic"

I am a recent college graduate looking for my first new car. The Honda Civic was one that was both economical and affordable. The people at Brian Bemis made my experience very pleasant. The salesman Juan made it a priority to get me in my new car. He was willing to negotiate on a fair price and I was on my happy way. I would highly recommend this dealership to family and friends.

Juan Estrada

Honda
3/09/2016

"Don't bother with this dealership"

Bought in a 2015 Honda Fit EX-L that was having problems starting, the car in the short time that I owned it would not start on two separate occasions and I was told by Joe the service manager that the car was ok and since they could not replicate what happened when the car wouldn't start, next time it happens, I needed to call road side assistance, Not acceptable!!! no one buys a car, especially a Honda that may/may not start, Joe was no help and offered no solution or any explanation, nor felt bad that a customer was having an issue with a Honda and his only solution was to "call roadside assistance if it happens again"

Joe service manager

drovefromMN
2/08/2016

"Friendly, honest service"

We drove 6 hours each way to buy a used vehicle from Bemis Imports. They were very accommodating to my many questions about condition and assured me it was worth the drive. We were very pleased that it drove like new, even with 103k on it. Carl was very helpful over the phone and went out of his way to thoroughly inspect the minivan. Though there were a couple cosmetic issues that weren't reported, they knocked a little more off the price since it was their fault for missing it. You can tell a lot about a business when they're willing to admit a mistake and take care of the customer. Thanks!

Carl S, Deb L

A kid
11/06/2015

"Thank you for family focus and great car!"

Carl and manager Jason sold our parents a wonderful car at a great price. We felt lucky we just happened to be in town and were along for the experience. The professional, friendly, considerate, and no pressure transaction could not have been more pleasant. The finance manager, Lee, was definitely using more aggressive of an approach yet did an excellent job of explaining extra products, answering questions, and maintaining a relaxed professionalism (again, with a family focus). Jason treated us all super well and complemented/managed the overall family experience. I would have to say Carl was the highlight, never rushed or rushing, and always exemplifying excellent customer service with an extremely refreshing human touch. It is difficult to describe his unique but relaxed approach to sales but we are much better people for the experience. Now, truly, how many times have you ever heard that about a car buying experience? And, no, we didn't know him before yesterday. Cheers to Jason and team for seeing the value in this delightful salesman. Our parents love him! These young men must all have extraordinary parents and we appreciate the respect they shared with our parents! Thank you all very much.

Jason, Carl, Lee and behind the scenes cleaning crew, etc. Thank you, all!

Hondadrvr5
9/17/2015

"Worst Customer Experience Ever!"

Ill start by saying that Gregg is a great sales guy and did a fine job helping with my purchase. However, things went horribly wrong when I was practically kicked out of the smug finance managers office after I refused to buy their overpriced warranty and sign away all legal rights associated with the car purchase. When I said "I would not waive my rights as a consumer" the finance manager said "THEN YOUR NOT BUYING A CAR HERE"!!. He stormed out of the office with the paperwork leaving me and my son bewildered and embarrassed. This was after spending hours in the dealership and finance office. Don't go to any dealer that requires you to sign a MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION clause. If there is ever an issue with your purchase that requires legal action you cannot get a lawyer. You sign away your right to sue or have a lawyer involved no matter what the issue is. CALL AHEAD before you waste the time of driving out, test driving, listening to the sales pitch, running credit reports, listening to high pressure sales pitches on the warranty etc... This was the worst car buying experience I have ever had and I have bought a lot of cars in my lifetime. Here is some research I have located on the implications of the "fine print" I almost signed at Brian Bemis Honda. Several other dealers use these so DON'T SIGN THEM! Google the article "Why You Shouldn't Buy a Vehicle From Any Seller That Requires a "Mandatory Binding Arbitration Agreement" by Remar Sutton, President The Consumer Task Force For Automotive Issues if you want to know more.

Gregg Randolph in Sales (Great Guy), Lee Whitted in Finance

Catdog1
7/19/2015

"Liars and snobby finance man"

I went in to buy a Honda and when all was promised in the deal, you go back with the finance man who was incredibly snobby and kept reminding us how he has to drive an hour to home and wants to speed this transaction to head to his family. Wow really? Did not make us feel welcomed and soon played with numbers and made stuff up to hike my payment. First I found out my credit score was higher than he claimed and my interest rate from another dealership was 3 points lower than what this guy was pushing me to take. He wouldn't even show us the true numbers to prove his math. Again kept saying how he want to lock up and go home. It was 6:30pm. Other dealerships work till 10pm and never make a customer feel bad. This place did. I bought a brand new loaded Titan and amazing true rate and treated with respect. Why work with public if you treat them like this. Never again.

Finance man

Krish
3/31/2015

"Best Cary Buying experience ever had!"

This was the best and smooth car buying experience I ever had. Dealt with Sales consultant Gregg Randolph from day 1 when I requested online quote and he walked me out the door with my new car unlike most other dealers where you deal with a different sales person when you visit the showroom. My new Odyssey was ready with couple accessories I bought and all it took me was 1hr and 45 minutes to drive out the door including Honda finance paper work, car features demo and Gregg even synced up my phone. They did not try to sell me any additional warranties or accessories except the Honda care package (which every single dealer offers) was offered which I rejected. No Haggle. I got the best price on the car and their Honda accessories are priced very low compared to others. I know this since I shopped few other places before I went to Brian Bemis Honda. On top of this smooth buying experience, I just want to add, when you buy in this location you save some tax $$$ as this dealer is located in DeKalb county. I even visited the service department to install my Remote Start. Got a nice loaner and Ericka in Service department was nice too. Thank you Brian Bemis.

Gregg Randolph

Tim
3/01/2015

"New Hoinda CR-V"

Recently purchased a new 2015 Honda CR-V from Brian Bemis Honda in Sycamore, IL. Worked with new sales rep (for me) for the first time in ten years - Jason Stahl. Received the same courteous, professional interaction throughout the sales process that I have come to expect from Brian Bemis. This is the fourth new Honda I have purchased from this dealer in the last 10 years. Would recommend this dealer and sales rep to anyone looking for a new Honda. BTW - for those who unaware of this fact - sales tax rate at this dealership is 6.25% - considerably lower than in the Chicago metropolitan area.

Jason Stahl

morepower4me
5/29/2014

"Another great eperience!"

I'd worked with Jason before at McGrath Honda & because of great previous experiences, I tracked him down to Brian Bemis Honda when I needed a new car. Besides BrianBemis treating me much better than McGrath had, Jason was his typical great self being informative, polite, and conscientious of our time. I was very happy I tracked him down, and will continue to send all of my friends and family to BrianBemis and Jason Stahl.

Jason Stahl, Zach Sandine

Syd1967
4/05/2014

"Completely Happy"

I went on the dealership website and inquired about the new CRV. Shortly thereafter, I received an email with a very fair price. I went in with my wife and we saw Adam and went for a test drive. Adam answered all of my questions and was extremely helpful. In fact, before I even went online the first time, I went to a different Honda location to ask questions. The other salesman at the other location was not very helpful and could mpt answer all of my questions. Adam on the other hand was extremely knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable with him. I will definitely go back to see him soon when my wife needs a car.

Adam Hauser