Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep

Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep Info

Chrysler of Culpeper

vabeachbum
2/06/2016

"beware the money factor"

After 10y of getting new Honda's of Dodge's at Brown every 3y, it was once again time to do so(We live in VA Beach but have been driving to Charlottesville.) My last contacts were gone so I consulted these pages and saw some positive remarks about Steve Young. On the positive side, he was quick to respond and find me the vehicle I was looking for. Where things fell apart was that the money was higher than the advertised promotion(not a bad credit related issue) The explanation I was told was that money factor changes daily. When I called them on this they acquiesced, but the damage had been done. (For the uninitiated, the money factor is a lease version of an interest rate, and is a prime area where dealers may pad their profits.) Hopefully, this is a cautionary tale not only to the consumer to go elsewhere for their automotive needs, but also for those in the industry. If you have a customer who drives 4hours to get their vehicle from you, why would you want to jeopardize that to make a few extra dollars? When you weigh how much extra they would have received on this vehicle by jacking up the money factor vs. all the money they will lose from me over the years(not to mention potential new customers lost as a result of this type of review) the numbers just don't make sense.

Steve Young

dpowell1013
11/03/2015

"Fast, Friendly, and Helpful"

I called Brown's service center with an unusual request because I needed a VIN verification for an out of state registration. I had the pleasure of speaking with Brandy R. She was very friendly and willing to do whatever she could to help. When I met with Brady she helped me right away and typed everything I needed on letterhead. Because of my own error I had to return to the service center with another documentation request. Again I was helped by Brandy who took care of everything I needed and I was out the door in a few minutes with everything I needed. Brandy made a possibly stressful experience very easy and enjoyable. I would recommend Brandy and the Brown Jeep Service Center Staff to anyone . Thank you Brown

Brandy Riddle

JJ
9/04/2015

"Poor communication, problems left unresolved"

Four trips and four substandard experiences. The biggest problems seem to be that the details we gave the customer service rep didn't get passed on to the service techs, and the service techs don't take time to actually troubleshoot the problems. This means I have picked up both my vehicles with the issues unresolved. Once I told them of a common problem with the seats thunking on the Ram when I go around curves and hit bumps. First time, the paperwork said only "seat is fine." Then I returned for a ridealong with a service tech and he immediately heard the problem....but didn't try to fix it. They called back and said it was a common problem, though. After this, I talked to the manager and he promised me he'd fix it so I said I'd give them another chance to keep my business. This third time, they said there's a TSB coming out next month and I'd have to bring it back to them a fourth time then. Over a seat. My driver's seat is too complicated to fix in three trips, so it'll take four...and it's not even powered. Same trip yesterday, the "check gas cap" light was on. I wrote down on the key drop envelope that I had replaced the gas cap and it didn't fix the problem...so they tightened the cap, reset the code, and gave me a lesson on how to operate a gas cap...because even after putting on a new gas cap, the most likely problem is that a grown man doesn't know how to operate a gas cap. (I know some customers are idiots, but assuming every customer is one seems like a bad business philosophy.) I said that I had written down for them that this wasn't the problem, and when the light came back on I would take it somewhere that would actually listen to the customer and take the time to actually figure out what the problem is before dismissing it. Today the light came back on, and I'll take it somewhere else. On a different vehicle, I told them the A/C blew hot air intermittently while driving on the interstate. When I picked it up, they had done nothing to resolve the problem, telling me it was because of the auto-shutoff on the new model Cherokee...which only happens when the vehicle is stopped. There were several other issues left unresolved on this trip, too...even though I printed out the problems and left the paper on the seat, because I watched the customer service rep condense a 15 minutes conversation about several issues onto one yellow sticky. Not surprisingly, the summary on the paperwork I got back from the service techs didn't match what we told her...which is probably why the techs didn't fix some of the problems. I currently own four Chrysler vehicles, and this dealership will not see any of them again. I wonder how many hours Chrysler has paid them for warranty work where they didn't even diagnose the problem.

Gail

dunnebp
1/30/2015

"Brown's Lies to Try To Sell Unnecessary Work"

Brown's failed my state inspection claiming I had a hole in my tire that was impossible to plug. They told me I would need to buy four tires from them for $1100. I take the car to Mienke down the road and they plug the tire in 15 minutes for $10 saying it was a routine tire plug...hmmm a bit suspicious Browns. I think we all expect car dealers to attempt to sell unnecessary services but failing my inspection to try to coerce me to spend $1100 unnecessarily is just dirty. Brown's is fine for routine (free) warranty work but I would be highly suspicious of anything they may recommend that requires a cash outlay... Always get a second opinion.

Gale

mmmurray
9/04/2014

"We went back to Brown but will never come back again."

We have bought 2 cars from Brown in the past a Subaru Forester and a Toyota Prius in 2012. Our sales person that we had dealt with in the past has left so we met a new sales person. We were interested in the Jeep Cherokee Sport, switching from a sale to a lease. We were upside down in our trade and we new that so we were willing to pay a higher monthly payment- with in reason. It was late and we had broke down the numbers with them as to what we owed and what we had already been offered for our trade. We knew Blue Book value of the car. It was late and Michael suggested we give our sales person Ian all the information he needed to figure out a deal and they could call us in the morning. We spoke the sales manager and verified they had everything they needed and since it was 9 at night and we only live a few miles away we said no worries we were grateful they were willing to do the leg work while we were at home. They never called and when we called back, Ian said that they had been willing to help us the night before but we left. He said they did not run any numbers because they did not have our information? He said the jeep manager said it couldn't be done for our payment...we spoke to the sales manager again that we had spoken to the night before and he said that they did not have our info and the deal could not be done and they were not willing to offer us much for our trade in...way below blue book. He said "Kelly Blue Book does not write him a check and that he knows what he can get at auction". Keep in mind this is a 2012 Prius we purchased and maintained with them that we were trading in and they are selling two 2010 Priuses on their lot for more than he was offering us...but he is taking our newer, lower mileage Prius to auction??? We buy new cars every two years and are too education in the car buying world to listen to all this crap. The entire experience was terrible and we will never purchase from them again. We did however go down the road to Colonial Nissan and lease a brand new loaded Rogue for the payment we needed and they gave us fair trade value too! They wanted our business and now they have it- forever!

Ian- sales, Jeep sales manager I think it was Brandon?

Guire1
12/27/2013

"Great experience at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep! Purchased..."

Great experience at Brown Dodge Chrysler Jeep! Purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee from there last week. Mike Shields was extremely helpful and we could not have been more satisfied with him! I would recommend everyone to go to Browns if looking to purchase a new vehicle!

Mike Shields

nadimcook
11/01/2013

"Rachel by far is the best salesperson i have ever dealt..."

Rachel by far is the best salesperson i have ever dealt with. She is a reflection of the dealership in general-nice, professional, no hard selling, asks questions about your needs and is VERY responsive to questions via phone and email. There is no better salesperson and certainly no better dealership. My 2014 Jeep purchase was very easy.

Rachel

201357
10/23/2013

"I've bought a fair amount of cars and no dealership..."

I've bought a fair amount of cars and no dealership I've ever dealt with went as far out of their way to resolve the "issue" that came up with my vehicle. The issue was not the fault of the dealership in any way yet after seeing/ feeling that the manufacturer's fix may take longer than they felt was acceptable Brown Dodge resolved the problem with some outside the box thinking and at a considerable cost to them. They did what they had too around my schedule and at zero cost to me. Best I've seen so far, by far.

Tim Bauer, Jesse, Myles, Mark Hall

alankim03
9/05/2013

"Staff and Sales Rep was wonderful didn't push us to..."

Staff and Sales Rep was wonderful didn't push us to make any decision. Was about to helps us upgrade to a new vehicle and stay within our price range and budget.

Rachel and Micheal

Ladygj44
8/28/2013

"I came in for my first oil change at Brown auto, I bought..."

I came in for my first oil change at Brown auto, I bought my car from them in may from Quartrina Humes. She helped and guided through the process of buying a car and I love my car. Brown auto has a very good team of staff members, they are friendly, efficient, helpful, and very patient too. And coming in for the oil change Timothy Baugher helped me and he was very friendly and the service was fast, they were done in no time at all. The little time I spent in the waiting area is also very comfortable and relaxing as well, Brown auto keep up the good work! I would like to thank Quartrina so much she is a wonderful sales person with a lot of people skills. And also Thank Timothy for making my first oil change a great experience.

Timothy Baugher & Quartrina Humes