Capitol Chevrolet Columbia

Makes: Chevrolet|Service Center

Capitol Chevrolet Columbia
Capitol Chevrolet Columbia Info

Five Star Chevrolet

"Devil is in the details...nothing has changed."

Bought a Tahoe. Sales assoc was great, smiles all around, clearly a dealership-wide effort to create a pleasant environment. After all that effort however, nothing has changed when you look at the details. Tried to sell me windshield protection when it's mandatory coverage for car insurance in the state of South Carolina. Caught the addition of another protection plan on the contract that I explicitly stated I did not want. Financed half of the truck...my wife and I both had 800+ credit scores...they tried to push a +4% interest rate when the benchmark is 1.9%. Promised 2-year, 24,000 mile service plan and found out this morning that it doesn't exist on my vehicle...thanks guys. I know...buyer beware...but come on. Happy and courteous is nice but I'd much rather have trust.

Tiger

"Very professional, polite and willing to find vehicle..."

Very professional, polite and willing to find vehicle that I wanted. Willing to negotiate price on vehicle trade. I have dealt with Capitol Chevrolet in the past. and have them to be very helpful and not pushy at all. Tell them what you want and they will promptly find the vehicle for you at the price quoted.

Daniel Warr

"January 5, 2005 Columbia, S.C. I took my 2002..."

January 5, 2005
Columbia, S.C.

I took my 2002 Avalanche with 58,000 miles in for service at Capitol Chevrolet. I told them I was experiencing a humming noise in the drive shaft or rear end and to “check the universal joints and the rear end.”

On the first phone conversation, Jose, the service department person, told me the mechanic could not hear any noise and could not find anything wrong with the drive shaft or rear end. However, he said that he did find a transmission fluid leak so I gave them permission to fix the leak.

On the second phone conversation with Jose, he told me that they found a torque converter that was “over-heated” because of the “low fluid level” and in need of replacement. He asked me if I wanted them to overhaul the transmission for $1800 or just replace the bad part for $1200. I told them to replace the bad part.

On the third conversation with Jose, he said that my vehicle would be ready by 6:00 pm and that they happen to notice that the front universal joint was bad and was being replaced. I picked up my vehicle at the cost of $1366.63.

The universal joint was the problem all along. They lied about the leak and the torque converter probably would have lasted the life of the transmission. I know the transmission level was ok because I had checked it the previous month and there weren’t any spots on my concrete driveway. I have the universal joint they took off and anyone can see it was bad – the needle bearings were rusted and severely worn. He wouldn’t give me the torque converter. He said it had to be turned in.

This is a great example how car dealers will take you to the cleaners. They turned a $150 repair into a $1366.63 bill. I will be contacting General Motors about this dealership and I will NEVER set foot on their property again!!! You have been warned!!!

I guess I’m lucky they didn’t replace the engine!

Jose