Carver Toyota of Columbus

Taylorsville, Indiana 47280
Carver Toyota of Columbus Info

Angry
4/18/2015

"Temporary license plate expired, still waiting for title"

I cannot drive my car today because the temporary plates expired. I cannot purchase permanent plates because Carver has not sent me a clean title. I just sent them a certified e-mail demanding title in preparation got returning the car.

Nick Dougherty

Del1964
3/26/2015

"Very happy with 2014.5 Toyota Camry experience"

I had a 2002 Toyota Camry that had never let me stranded and was by far the best vehicle I had ever owned and I've owned a lot over the last 30 years of driving. Almost zero maintenance costs as I accumulated 250,000 miles. Decided to finally get a more modern car and was completely open minded to ANY vehicle that I thought could replace my 02. Decided to try Carver Toyota. Met the most down to earth and accommodating salesman Charlie Wylonis and ended up with an incredible deal on a brand new 2014.5 Camry. The dealership is emaculate. Waiting room is unlike any I've ever seen. Fish aquarium and Starbucks coffee!!!! R U kidding me?! Been through their service department twice now and they are incredibly professional, courteous and super efficient. Now I have years of looking forward to owning another Camry and a team that'll be there for me should I ever need them. Great Job Carver Toyota!!!

Charlie Wylonis

bree28
2/09/2015

"Unsafe Vehicle!"

Dealer sold me a 2013 Corolla with tires worn down to wear bars! They would not replace tires; offered to sell me tires at dealer cost,but would not tell me what the cost of the tires would be. Fortunately, I did not pay their asking price. While I feel that the vehicle is fundamentally sound, selling a vehicle with worn out tires is selling an unsafe vehicle! I will never do business with this dealer again.

Paul Dyer

hawaii_blue1
1/05/2015

"Horrible Used Sales Nightmare! "

I contacted this dealer to purchase a car and they were very helpful and friendly with getting me in the door. Once I arrived the car was waiting for me, clean and ready to go. The saleman was very friendly until he realized that he wasn't going to make a lot of money since I had my own financing. I bought the car none the less because it was and is a nice car. However, now my trade has not been paid off after 17 days for a cash deal. Every day its not paid off I am being charged interest. The car saleman will not call me back, the operator will not connect me to a manager, and the lady the does the payoff to the bank is "not available" every time I call. I am really disappointed in this dealer and will NOT be back to buy the NEW Camry for my wife because of this piss poor service experience.

Charlie Wylonis

markelectric
11/21/2014

"Sabotage"

I went with my daughter on her first trip to try to buy a car. The salesman was pushy and only really wanted to talk about the payment amounts even though she had been per approved at our bank and had a check in hand. He kept trying to tell us that the bank we had used for many years was no good at auto loans. I finally forced the point that we needed to see a difference number between the selected car and the Jimmy I was going to give her as her down payment. The used manager took the jimmy for a drive, came back and insulted me with a extremely low offer on the jimmy. When asked why, he said it was locked in four wheel drive and wont come out. I knew something was up then and we left. Sure enough He had it in four low. The procedure is to stop, shift to neutral then shift the transfer case. Worked for my daughter. Smells like Sabotage to me to lower the price. They could be paying cash to take cars off their lot and I will never go back.

Tim Mellinger

mdaledr
9/14/2014

"Disappointed"

Carver Toyota did a good job at making me feel that I got a fair price on a new car. Unfortunately, the car did not come with the folio to hold the owners manuals. I have called them, and sent emails, but they won't respond. I thought that I would bring my new vehicle to their service department for routine maintenance, but now I think that would be unwise. Too bad.

Rather not say.

sujithsuku
6/22/2014

"Horrible"

I had the worst experience of getting a car here. Would have given a zero rating if possible. They had a memorial day advertisement of trade in any car for $4000. I went in there to trade my car. They offered me to pay off the loan on it which was much lower than that. So I asked about the advertised deal and the salesman was like its only for purchasing selected vehicles. Then he came up with two monthly lease options and asked me to select which one I would prefer. I selected one of them. After that we went to the accounts guy. I was asked to choose if any additional insurance is required. I selected one of them. An the tricky part is the electronic signature. It will make you sign the lease without seeing what is in it. He asked to me sign on it seven times one after another and guess what I am in the contract for 3 years without even knowing the details of what is there in the deal. I didn't suspect any foul play as I thought the amount is normal including the registration tax and other formalities. When I got the documents to read I was dumbfounded to see the details. They added an extra charge 1000 dollar on my bill for the car which I traded in, which means I got my car traded in at half the price than they advertised. The price of the new car leased is increased by a few hundred dollars than MSRP. Additional insurances were added which was never asked for. I went back there a few days later to ask about these charges. The salesman says, he doesn't know a thing about the math behind it. The accountant says the amount is what we agreed with the salesman. I asked the manager about this and said I would like to cancel the deal, and his reply was it is not possible to cancel the deal they cannot make any changes in the deal as they already paid off the car, which I showed right in front of them that they did not pay a single penny on that. My loan was paid off so late that I had to pay extra fines for late payment. I was able to cancel a few additional benefits they added after two visits. But I am stuck with the deal for a few years. I checked other places for the same car, and realized that I am paying at least a $4000 extra for this deal. A few days later I talked to their online customer service as a different user and I found that the same car was offered at $2500 cheaper than I bought. Even after all these, the salesman was concerned about his sales review survey and asked for an excellent rating for his service. I think all of them are trained well to exploit naive customers like me. Will never recommend anybody this place.

Saleman, Accounts guy, Manager

Alblm4e
5/21/2014

"DONT DO IT!!!!!!"

I have had issues with Carver from day one!! I purchased a 2011 Malibu and have tons of issues with it the reason being it was totaled in another state and they failed to tell me that!!! I have put so much money in it ,its not even funny! The title for Indiana is not a totaled but In OHIO it was wrecked twice and totaled the last time ! The real kicker is that told me to pay on the car for a year and I could get it refinanced or purchase a new car so I was counting down the days . I went into Carver and offered me 3,000 for the car they sold me cause CAR FAX showed it was totaled.. And I wasn't able to get a new car because I didn't have enough equity cause I still owe 12,000!!! I wish weise was still here I never felt betrayed or so ashamed for trusting some one.. WORST experience ever!!

Worked with and talked to so many ppl

Ziphyr
1/15/2014

"Classic bait and switch guys. Never do any business with..."

Classic bait and switch guys. Never do any business with them. On top of it if you do not get into a deal, they out rightly insult you. I will never step into this dealership again

Tyler Porter

Browncar1
12/17/2013

"They would not even give me the guaranteed price (offered..."

They would not even give me the guaranteed price (offered 900 below) the auto-trader guarantee. (That I received and they market). You are wasting your time! Do not try to trade here!!!!

Brian Hefner, Nick Dougherty