Carver Toyota of Columbus

Jeff Wyler Toyota of Clarksville

markelectric
11/21/2014

"Sabotage"

I went with my daughter on her first trip to try to buy a car. The salesman was pushy and only really wanted to talk about the payment amounts even though she had been per approved at our bank and had a check in hand. He kept trying to tell us that the bank we had used for many years was no good at auto loans. I finally forced the point that we needed to see a difference number between the selected car and the Jimmy I was going to give her as her down payment. The used manager took the jimmy for a drive, came back and insulted me with a extremely low offer on the jimmy. When asked why, he said it was locked in four wheel drive and wont come out. I knew something was up then and we left. Sure enough He had it in four low. The procedure is to stop, shift to neutral then shift the transfer case. Worked for my daughter. Smells like Sabotage to me to lower the price. They could be paying cash to take cars off their lot and I will never go back.

mdaledr
9/14/2014

"Disappointed"

Carver Toyota did a good job at making me feel that I got a fair price on a new car. Unfortunately, the car did not come with the folio to hold the owners manuals. I have called them, and sent emails, but they won't respond. I thought that I would bring my new vehicle to their service department for routine maintenance, but now I think that would be unwise. Too bad.

Rather not say.

sujithsuku
6/22/2014

"Horrible"

I had the worst experience of getting a car here. Would have given a zero rating if possible. They had a memorial day advertisement of trade in any car for $4000. I went in there to trade my car. They offered me to pay off the loan on it which was much lower than that. So I asked about the advertised deal and the salesman was like its only for purchasing selected vehicles. Then he came up with two monthly lease options and asked me to select which one I would prefer. I selected one of them. After that we went to the accounts guy. I was asked to choose if any additional insurance is required. I selected one of them. An the tricky part is the electronic signature. It will make you sign the lease without seeing what is in it. He asked to me sign on it seven times one after another and guess what I am in the contract for 3 years without even knowing the details of what is there in the deal. I didn't suspect any foul play as I thought the amount is normal including the registration tax and other formalities. When I got the documents to read I was dumbfounded to see the details. They added an extra charge 1000 dollar on my bill for the car which I traded in, which means I got my car traded in at half the price than they advertised. The price of the new car leased is increased by a few hundred dollars than MSRP. Additional insurances were added which was never asked for. I went back there a few days later to ask about these charges. The salesman says, he doesn't know a thing about the math behind it. The accountant says the amount is what we agreed with the salesman. I asked the manager about this and said I would like to cancel the deal, and his reply was it is not possible to cancel the deal they cannot make any changes in the deal as they already paid off the car, which I showed right in front of them that they did not pay a single penny on that. My loan was paid off so late that I had to pay extra fines for late payment. I was able to cancel a few additional benefits they added after two visits. But I am stuck with the deal for a few years. I checked other places for the same car, and realized that I am paying at least a $4000 extra for this deal. A few days later I talked to their online customer service as a different user and I found that the same car was offered at $2500 cheaper than I bought. Even after all these, the salesman was concerned about his sales review survey and asked for an excellent rating for his service. I think all of them are trained well to exploit naive customers like me. Will never recommend anybody this place.

Saleman, Accounts guy, Manager

Alblm4e
5/21/2014

"DONT DO IT!!!!!!"

I have had issues with Carver from day one!! I purchased a 2011 Malibu and have tons of issues with it the reason being it was totaled in another state and they failed to tell me that!!! I have put so much money in it ,its not even funny! The title for Indiana is not a totaled but In OHIO it was wrecked twice and totaled the last time ! The real kicker is that told me to pay on the car for a year and I could get it refinanced or purchase a new car so I was counting down the days . I went into Carver and offered me 3,000 for the car they sold me cause CAR FAX showed it was totaled.. And I wasn't able to get a new car because I didn't have enough equity cause I still owe 12,000!!! I wish weise was still here I never felt betrayed or so ashamed for trusting some one.. WORST experience ever!!

Worked with and talked to so many ppl

Ziphyr
1/15/2014

"Classic bait and switch guys. Never do any business with..."

Classic bait and switch guys. Never do any business with them. On top of it if you do not get into a deal, they out rightly insult you. I will never step into this dealership again

Tyler Porter

Browncar1
12/17/2013

"They would not even give me the guaranteed price (offered..."

They would not even give me the guaranteed price (offered 900 below) the auto-trader guarantee. (That I received and they market). You are wasting your time! Do not try to trade here!!!!

Brian Hefner

flarmstrong
11/22/2013

"I arrived at dealership to get a headlight repaired in my..."

I arrived at dealership to get a headlight repaired in my Highlander. While waiting for the service Brian (salesman) ask if he could help me with anything. Not really thinking about buying a new car but he showed me the Venza. My wife had a difficult time getting in and out of the Highlander due to the heighth of the vehicle. Brian was patient and not pushy. Let me drive three different vehicles and at the end of the day we arrived at a fair trade price I feel for the both of us. I was treated fairly and professionally. I would buy another vehicle from Carver.

basketgail
10/07/2013

"I found the vehicle I had always wanted at this..."

I found the vehicle I had always wanted at this dealership. Sean Compton, Sales, was very helpful with my purchase making sure I was satisfied and happy. After a few days of ownership I noticed a couple of things that I questioned about the car and I spoke with Aimee Tillison, Customer Service Manager. Aimee is very busy making sure all customers are happy with their purchase and I was no exception. Aimee has stayed in constant contact with me, keeping me up to date on what is happening with my car. They are taking care of all the little issues I had and I couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend Carver Toyota, new or used, because their customer satisfaction is their number one priority. Thank you Aimee!!

Aimee Tillison

bamitch11
9/25/2013

"On September 20th, I went with my girlfriend to checkout..."

On September 20th, I went with my girlfriend to checkout a car that we had found on cars.com after contacting the online saleswoman Amy. On September 23rd, despite their unwillingness to move on the outrageously high price, we spoke with a somewhat decent man by the name of Brian, our salesman. He spoke with us for a couple hours allowing us to test drive a couple of Nissan Rogues to get an idea of what sounded wrong with the first one. During the conversation, we had mentioned that the saleswoman Amy mentioned the tires as being fairly new (false advertisement on her part); because Brian corrected her assumption and add in his own of about a years worth of tread or 50% tread life. This we had also discovered was incorrect a day after we had bought it; we took it to a service shop and they had told us that the tires looked as if they had maybe 2,000 miles left on them and were unsafe to be driving on, which means Carver Toyota sold us an unfit vehicle for the road. Their inspection is supposedly a 121 point inspection as declared by Brian but the night it was bought; we discovered that there was an issue with the brake lights not working and at the same auto service place they told us there was another expensive fix (a belt that would cost over $100). Least of all; most reputable dealers with "integrity", will fill up the gas tank with half a tank for used vehicles and a full tank for new vehicles. They left us with less than a quarter tank of gas. We have spoke with them multiple times but to no avail. They have been very unresponsive and completely uncooperative. This is by far the worst dealership I have ever been to and with the least amount of "integrity" they claim to have!!!!!! I would not recommend it to even the person I hate the most. Emily and Brandon. 2009 (White) Nissan Rogue on September 23rd.

GaryJohnston
9/11/2013

"In purchasing my 2013 Avalon Limited I called dealerships..."

In purchasing my 2013 Avalon Limited I called dealerships within 100 miles of Cincinnati. (I am in Northern Kentucky.) Of all the dealership I dealt with, Carver was the most responsive and aggressive in pursuing my business. You matched and beat all deals. Only the Frankfort, Ky dealership came close, and they were too little too late (I had sent in my deposit before they even responded to my inquiry). Specifically, I had excellent experiences in dealing with two of your people, Kaylan Fields and Brian Wedan. Kaylan dogged my business with unrelenting persistence and worked to get me the best price, and Brian closed the deal and made the actual purchase effortless and answered tech questions and set up my Entune account. And when my car came in earlier that expected, Brian took the trouble to call me about a $500 rebate from Toyota that was about to expire. What a nice surprise, and thanks Brian! The only mis-step came when a $460 "GAP" charge appeared on the first Buyer's Order that came from Josh Robinson, Kaylan's boss. When I pointed it out, Kaylan got it fixed immediately and Josh apologized for the error. Thank you all for the care and attention to detail you provided as well as for working with me to achieve an excellent price. I will certainly recommend Carver Toyota to my friends. Gary Johnston Edgewood, Ky

Kaylan Fields, Josh Robinson