Central Florida Toyota Scion

1935 Lifetime Reviews

Spylake
8/24/2016

"Sad place"

Called to make an appointment for a Special Warranty repair (Prius Dash display intermittently blanking out). Was told that if we could arrive by 7:30PM a loaner car would be available. (we live about 45 minutes away. Arrived on time and then the story became "The rental person has left for the day". I explained to the service tech that we called about one hour ago before we came. He summoned the evening manager who came out and before I even opened my mouth said "there is no record in the log that you phoned.". Basically calling me a liar. So I pull out my phone and show him the recent calls and say "Is that your appointment number?", "Yes", "Is that a call to it an hour ago lasting 11 minutes?", "yes" , "Would you apologize for insinuating I lied?", "No." , "Do you mind if I call the general manager tomorrow and raise this issue with them?", "Go ahead he will believe me." We started to leave when he said "the girl is still here do you want the rental or not?" I mention this is a recall loaner and he said "We don't have loaner cars, we have rental cars. You leave your Prius and the tech will test your vehicle and if the problem is present the rental will be reimbursed otherwise you will be responsible for the rental." I read to him from Toyota's recall instructions to the dealer. It is available here http://media.fixed-ops.com/toy_campaigns/pol12-05.pdf Quoting "This condition is primarily found in cold weather climate conditions. When the vehicle is brought to your dealership it may no longer be in a climate which allows duplication of the condition. If this occurs, please verify with the customer that the experienced condition is in accordance with this Warranty Extension and proceed with replacement of the combination meter. " It clearly states that if the condition can't be duplicated the dealer is to accept the owner's description of the failure and proceed with the repair. In other words if the condition can be duplicated fix it, if the condition can't be duplicated but the owner says the dash display goes blank fix it. He insists Toyota's written instructions are wrong and he is right. The car is not safe to drive with this condition according to Toyota. The final insult was trying to rent the *^%&&^ car. My wife gives her the drivers license and we wait while the paper work. is done. Then comes a long argument that the insurance package is mandatory. I explain I pay for rental coverage through American Express (PS: you should look into The AmEx program if you rent often and typically buy collision coverage from the rental company. The AmEx program is primary coverage and is $24.94 for the entire rental up to 40 days. Compare that to the typical $15 per day from the rental company.) Only after she is unable to show me in writing that insurance is mandatory does she changes her tune and let's my wife sign the papers. Then I hand the representative my Amex card. and she says "oh I'm sorry but the card must be in the same name as the driver no exceptionms" At this point we simply leave in disgust. At no point did I raise my voice , call anyone a name or get vocally angry. In the end I called Toyota and they called Penske (parent company). The rental became a loaner, no credit card needed and the repair was done but it took weeks for this process to culminate. I realize that everyone has a different experience. but having my honesty questioned "no record you called", then being told the clear language in the Toyota Special Warranty was wrong. and topped off with the smug remark to complain all I want but his boss will ignore me; clearly says there is something wrong at this dealership. You have choices in this market. Consider a different dealer.

No point as the GM apparently does not care.

Ldegrees
5/27/2016

"Great service by sales rep David Z"

Our experience was superb, great service by the manager AK AND DAvid Z. Area was clean, customer service was outstanding. I would definitely return for future purchases here

David Zupofska

L.Ruiz
5/10/2016

"Profesional and freindly team."

I purchase a new 4 runner last Saturday. Farrukn Mughal was very knowledgeable and friendly. This has been the best experience so far for me purchasing a car. Also Alnaldo Orriols make me feel like family and take his time to answer all my questions without rushing the process. I will recommend Central florida Toyota to my family and friends Thanks to the A Team.

Furrukn Mughal and Alnaldo Orriols

Scotty to Hottie
3/25/2016

"How I got my 2016 Blue TRD 4x4 Tundra crewmax"

Awesome Tundras at Central Florida Toyota---My experience: We visited one to many other dealers giving me the run around trying to find the right tundra for me. Until I went to central Florida Toyota and luck would have it ran into David Z, no pressure, but he suggested I order one with what I want and I could save a few bucks. He said he would make it happen for me if I didn't mind waiting for my new truck to be built directly from the factory . Truck was built with its birth certificate with my name on it! Within a month I got my new ride and yes its an awesome ride! My last tundra was 16 years old when I traded it in still in good shape and was resole unless than a week, however I was ready for a bigger tundra and hope to get another 16 years out of this one!!! 2000 Tundra SR5 access-cab 2005 Sequoia limited 2014 Camry SE 2016 Tundra SR5 crew max TRD Regards, Scott

Stuart Pearl, Sam Vaccaro, David Zupofska

Happier Elsewhere
3/14/2016

"Take their advice to me, go another dealership. "

Well, I went here for a Certified used car. I was assigned Mark A Silva as my salesperson. First, I was bullied into the show room by him. I asked for a quote, he wouldn't do it unless I showed up. Some BS about I might pick out a different car from their lot. I told him that they only had one car of the model I wanted. So, I went there. Guess I had to prove I was real. Then left and waited for his quote. He sent it to me. He was rude and aggressive. He did not want to negotiate. Quoted me a loan with an outrageous interest rate and huge, I mean huge dealer fee ($995.) He got so aggressive and assertive that his last words to me prior to hanging up in my ear was good luck with another dealership that he was aware I had been dealing. I am glad I listened to him. Not buying a car at Central Florida Toyota and going to a different Toyota dealership, in the end got me a significantly better deal. Half the interest rate. $40 per month less in payments. Same car. Same miles. 1 trim level better. I think these guy think their market is similar to the area around the dealership. Rather run down. Dangerous. Frequented by Streetwalkers and drug addicts. The key thing I learned and hope to share is save your time and seek out a different dealership, you save money, get better service

Mark Silva

Michael88
3/04/2016

"Great service!"

When our truck started giving us issues we started to look online for another work vehicle and as soon as we submitted an inquiry, David Zupofska contacted us immediately after with all the pertinent information. We weren't able to go look at the truck until a few days later but he recommended his partner Mark Silva and he was great to work with as well. We barely waited at the lobby and were shown the available vehicles, test drove it then came back later to pick it up. The facility is clean, organized and they run a tight ship. Communication was another big factor here as well, customer service is at an all time high at this facility and we saw that clearly from David & Mark. We thoroughly enjoy our truck and will recommend this dealership to anyone who is looking for a Toyota.

David Zupofska, Mark Silva

sfrench5
2/29/2016

"Was quoted a price in writing. Didn't stand behind it."

Drove from an hour away. Had my quote for my trade, the new car, and everything out the door. When I arrived ready to buy it the person who I spoke with and the manager who approved the price "left early" and so they could not honor the price. The people I spoke with were nice and all and I don't normally leave reviews but this bugged me enough to write this.

I don't point fingers , I'm sure they know who they are

BACSS
12/03/2015

"UNFRIENDLY WORKERS"

CO WORKERS ARE VERY RUDE AND UNFRIENDLY. He laughed and hung up on my daughter! I don't tolerate his behavior. Shame on you. I pity you guys. Stop audism!

Marc Tannus, AK Payamps

jonf.iowa
11/29/2015

"DISNEY VACATION CAR PROBLEMS"

We arrived in Orlando at 3 am after a 1290 mile road trip and got to our rental house. At 8 am we got up to get supplies for the week and our Highlander wouldn't start. Long story short, the car was towed on 2 different occasions to Central Florida Toyota and the staff was great at accommodating our family in a difficult situation. Excellent customer service and we thank you for understanding our needs and making our vacation a success.

Ryan Smith

DRAINBOY
9/30/2015

"No customer service"

Brought my New 4Runner in for its first oil change on 9/3/15. I pointed out a spot on the vehicle where the clear coat has de-laminated from the base paint. I was told by the service advisor that it appeared that the paint was scratched and water had gotten under it and was causing it to peel! (Possibly the most ridiculous and insulting statement I have ever heard from anyone) I had a paint expert look at it and confirm what I suspected after the dealer told me this. I left a message for the Service Manager the next day and also contacted Toyota Corporate to try to have the issue resolved. I received a call back from an assistant service manager on a Saturday (holiday weekend) He informed me that the Service Manager would be back on Tuesday and I could expect a call then. The call never came. I called and left another message for the Service Manager and then left a message for the General Manager. That prompted a call back from the Service Manager! He stated that he would have to have the regional warranty representative from Toyota look at it because they did not have any paint people at their dealership. I was told that the regional representative was scheduled to visit them on 9/17 and that I could expect a call then to arrange to have the vehicle looked at. Toyota Corporate followed up and we discussed the same details. It has now been 12 days past that date and I have not received a call from the dealer or Toyota. Toyota's response to me now is that I should be dealing directly with the dealer because they are in the best position to help me. They placed me on hold in an effort to reach the dealership and told me they could not reach them but, left a message for them to contact me. Apparently, they do not understand or care that the reason I am calling the Corporate level is because the dealer is unwilling to make the effort to help me and I would like to have this resolved. I have owned this vehicle (my first Toyota) for 5 months and this is the second dealership that can not put any "service" into their service department. Extremely disappointed with my experience so far, and do not have any expectations that Toyota or any of it's Dealers place any value on my time or my future business. I am not looking forward to looking for my third dealer to service my vehicle or any interaction with the Toyota brand.

Ryan Smith