Checkered Flag BMW MINI - Service Center

18 Lifetime Service Reviews

Checkered Flag BMW MINI - Service Center
18 Reviews

Checkered Flag BMW MINI - Service Center Info
Is this your Service Center?
Is this your Service Center?
About This Service Center | Hours | Amenities

About Checkered Flag BMW MINI

Checkered Flag is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Our Audi, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, MINI, Porsche, Scion, Toyota, and Volkswagen dealerships have an excellent selection of new and used cars, trucks, SUVs, vans and sports cars. If you're searching for a new car, browse our inventory of new Audi, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, MINI, Porsche, Scion, Toyota, and Volkswagen in Virginia Beach. Visit one of our dealerships to test drive the model of your choice. If, instead, you're looking for a used car in Virginia Beach, we can help you there too. We have a vast inventory of used Audi, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, MINI, Porsche, Scion, Toyota, and Volkswagen models as well as from other top manufacturers. At Checkered Flag we don't just sell cars, we provide a complete car buying experience. We provide our customers with everything from car repair and parts to car loan and lease financing. We want you to leave our dealerships 100% satisfied, and return again as a veteran Checkered Flag customer. We're conveniently located near Chesapeake, Newport News & Hampton, VA and look forward to meeting you!

18 Service Center Reviews
angelelli
5/02/2011

"My car was towed in for a failed water pump, Checkered..."

My car was towed in for a failed water pump, Checkered Flag fixed that beautifully. I have had a nagging electrical glitch in my TPM system whenever it gets cold. The car was in during a frigid set of days. I have been assigned to Jeff Kroener. I told him about the problem (for the third time). He would smile and tell me all he has to do is reset the TPM. I would explain that it was a malfunction. He acted like he listened but did not think I knew what I was talking about, and did not write down on the customer concerns page. The car is an extra car and I let them keep it for a few days to address everything (they do good service). I was here to pick up the car. The service people had just seen that there was a TPM malfunction and wanted to keep the car an extra day because they just saw it after 2 days. I suspected Jeff failed to tell them what I noted. I said no - we can address it next time (I was going out of town). To put icing on the cake the guys that washed the car brought it up to me and said, "Mister you know your TPM malfunction light is on." I responded "yea, I know"

Jeff Kroener

LadySultana
11/29/2009

"I just moved to Virginia Beach from NY. My BMW 745 needed..."

I just moved to Virginia Beach from NY. My BMW 745 needed an oil change. Plus, the trunk auto-closing function wasn't working, no biggie. I have an extended warranty. BUT, the female service writer was totally nasty to me and condescending. Acted like I didn't know anything about "repairs" on a BMW. I had a 1988 E34 from Italy, Euro specs of course, that I used to repair on my own. All the work, I did on my own. Yes, I'm a girl, a smart one. This woman treated me like a child and then my car came back needing more work. WHICH, I will say now, will not go back to that dealership. She also would not offer to take my payment while waiting for the warranty to pay the dealership back, making the payment process annoying and they ended up keeping my car 10 days for a 2 day repair. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP FOR REPAIRS. Maybe they're good at selling, but THEY'RE TERRIBLE at service/repairs. I had to pull tooth and nail to get any information about my vehicle and it was returned with the locks malfunctioning and no heat. Of course, I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS DEALERSHIP EVER AGAIN. Look someplace else. I have. I found Casey in Newport News and plan on visiting them this week (Dec 09). IT HAS TO BE WORTH THE TRIP. Over the phone, the service guy was nicer to me than the girls picking up the phone at CF. BUYER BEWARE. The purchase may go well, but the service S****. M.S.W, PHD

lrbaker
5/05/2009

"I had a great experience at Checkered Flag and could not..."

I had a great experience at Checkered Flag and could not have worked with any people more knowledgeable or accomodating than Brett Shopsin and John Hall. Even though I knew what I wanted when I walked in the door, Brett made the afternoon enjoyable. John Hall was attentive to my needs and it is refreshing to receive first class service and attention when making an expensive car buying decision. Looking forward to many years with BMW.

Brett Shopsin and John Hall

Tessinvb
2/25/2009

"Checkered Flag BMW provides, by far, the most exceptional..."

Checkered Flag BMW provides, by far, the most exceptional service that I have found in the Hampton Roads area. From the operator who answers your call to the Service Advisor, Service Manager, and Technicians, they all go out of their way to make sure that all of my questions are answered thoroughly, and that I am not only happy with any service provided but also that I understand everything that has been done to my BMW. I often remark to my friends that they take better care of my car than I do. The few services that are not covered under my BMW warranty or a maintenance plan, are competitively priced considering the experts they have completing the work. As a courtesy, Checkered Flag even covers some of the small items like topping off fluids, etc. which is a real treat.

Gena Goodnough, Alan Kurtz, Ashley Orduna, Ashley Harrison, Paul Grimaldi

fulvy70
6/18/2007

"High class environment, poor service. Got a problems..."

High class environment, poor service. Got a problems with my car European Diesel (fuel contamination). 1 week to check it. Got back the car with fuel still contaminated. Gave it back to re-fix,2 weeks to find out the contaminant (all kind of excuses for delaying the job), 2 weeks to get the filter (customs etc)... asked for a report, got a paper saying fuel was not contaminated (???)... Questioned service manager, answer: I have to be happy because my car was in the end "fixed...", the rest was not a BMW problem. BTW 1000 US$ check ...

Gena / Jim

oscarmayer
3/05/2005

"Over the past year, I have made several trip to this..."

Over the past year, I have made several trip to this dealer for service on my 2 BMWs (3-series). They go way out of their way to make me happy. They continuously provide outstanding customer service and workmanship. There is no reason to look elsewhere.

Jason & Paul

vyper340
11/20/2003

"They just moved to a new building closer to Norfolk (not..."

They just moved to a new building closer to Norfolk (not as safe of an area) and they have a Toyota and Mini dealership also located right next door. The new building seems very nice but I question whether or not they can deliver the same customer service that they once had. I know that the sales department has hired too many unknowledgable people instead of focusing on the "professionals" that they once employed. My future experiences may affect whether or not I purchase another (and I have three) BMW from them...

On a down side, service appointments are scheduled too far in advance! 2-3 weeks of waiting for service is unacceptable!

oscarmayer
10/13/2003

"The Service Dept. was surprisingly attentive. I was..."

The Service Dept. was surprisingly attentive. I was expecting much less based on the bad experience with the Sales Dept. Four minor issues were handled in a timely fashion. I was even asked if i needed a loaner...and I had purchased my car elsewhere. I shall return!

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.