My Review Of Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus:
My overall experience dealing with this dealership was very bad. The first day that I went to this dealer, I dealt with Mitra Surojit who proved helpful initially. However, as soon as I had made the decision to buy the car things went downhill quickly. There were numerous issues even before I signed my papers such as
1) I had been quoted a price when I went to test drive the car, and all the calculations had been done including the documentation. When I went back to sign the papers, the numbers had increased all of a sudden. It was only because of our diligence this was spotted, and no one had any answers to this. They rewrote the contract and put back the old price
2) We had explicitly told them that as it was a working day, we did not have a lot of time to spare when coming to sign the papers and pick up the car, and we were promised that the entire thing would be done in an hour. In the end when we went there we were forced to wait for 3 and half hours and only got it done due to us pushing the salespeople.
3) Another big issue came up with the rebate I was supposed to get for hurricane Sandy. I had provided them a check to be voided once I gave them a letter from my insurance company. As my previous car which got totaled was old, I produced a letter from first my towing company, then a fax stating the insurance company had updated my policy with my new Dart due to my car being totaled. This was deemed acceptable, until two days before I got my license plates when they suddenly needed a letter, and refused to give my plates unless I provided the letter or surrendered the check. Eventually I had to give up the check and lose the rebate.
4) We were promised that the title would be only in my name even if there would be a co-signee, but as soon as it was co-signed they said there was no way that it would only be in my name.
5) Lastly, they promised us a full tank of gas which, however when we got the car we only received half a tank, which was frustrating due to the fact that gas was quite hard to get post Sandy.
All of these issues combined to make it a very bad experience for us in this dealership.
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes | No
Chrysler Dodge Jeep of ParamusAdded:
3/6/2013 11:42:50 AM
On behalf of Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus we are disappointed and sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience. Our number one priority is complete customer satisfaction and we’d like to hear more about your recent visit in the hopes that we can turn this into a learning experience. We encourage you to call General Sales Manager Dean Redmond at (888) 601-8175. Sincerely, Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus