Colonial Honda of Richmond

Colonial Honda of Richmond

Call
Colonial Honda of Richmond Info
About Colonial Honda of Richmond

Colonial Honda is proud to be an automotive leader in our community. Since opening our doors in Petersburg in 1974, Colonial Honda has maintained our solid commitment to our customers, offering a wide selection of cars and trucks and ease of purchase. To better serve the needs of our customers Colonial Honda moved to its current state of the art location off of Interstate I-95 in Chester in 2005. Colonial Honda is an employee owned and operated. When you shake hands with an associate you can trust that you will be treated with the integrity of a business owner. Whether you are in the market to purchase a new or pre-owned or Honda Certified Vehicle, if you need financing options, we'll help you find a car loan that works for you! You can trust that Colonial Honda will professionally fit you into the automobile of your choice that fits your needs. Colonial Honda has a professionally managed Service and Parts Departments open extended hours to accommodate our customers' busy schedules; and, as always, Colonial Honda offers competitive pricing for your automotive maintenance needs. Please feel free to contact us at (888) 490-4762 if you have any questions or comments. We look forward to serving all of your automotive needs!

About Colonial Honda of Richmond

Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 AM

Sunday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

• Complimentary Snacks
Honda Family
12/24/2014

"Becoming a Colonial Honda Family!"

This is the second car we have purchased from Colonial Honda. After our purchase in 2009, we thought that there was no way that the dealership could improve but we were wrong. This dealership just keeps getting better with each visit we make there; whether it is to purchase or service a vehicle. We are becoming a Honda family because of their performance.

Sabrina in financing.

FITforever
12/18/2014

"low pressure sales"

Buying a car at Colonial Honda was so easy! Everyone was so friendly. My sales person (Kimberly) was laidback, honest and knowledgable. I actually called ahead inquiring about a used car that ended up being sold later that day. But my experience on the phone with her was so positive that I decided to drive 45 miles (past two other dealerships) to buy a new car from her. In additon to amazing service they have great warranty options and a huge inventory. I expect my Fit to last forever but I will no doubt buy my next car at Colonial Honda.

Steve18882&2
12/16/2014

"Car buying experience "

I have always hated to buy a car. The pressure to purchase I car that is not what you want or the price you pay is more than you wanted to pay. When I was met buy the salesman I told him I wanted the payments to be around 300. He never tried to push me into a higher payment. He got me in a car better than I thought I was going to get and my payments about 50$ less than I said I would pay. This has been the best car buying experience I have ever had. Thank you Stephen Renforth

Keith A

Denise Allen
12/14/2014

"excellent"

I was very please with his service and would recommend him to my family and friends I look and test drive numerous of SUV'S and I am very please thank you

Domonique
12/13/2014

"AMAZING!!!! "

I was recently in the market for a new car. Yesterday, while I was browsing the internet for the best price, I was able to chat online with Matthew. I told him what I was looking for and he was able to provide me with options that fit my budget and the must haves for my car. That same day I was able to book an appointment to come and view my car. Matthew was very patient as I had a distance to travel. He was upbeat and professional throughout the entire process. What I liked the most was that he was very helpful and honest about all of my questions. He walked me through all the specs on my car and even set up a follow up with me to go over any additional questions I had after driving my car. I was so excited about the price. I got an amazing deal almost $3000 under the msrp along with another great deal on my warranties. I highly recommend this dealership. The staff is amazing and go above and beyond to meet your needs.

Matthew Dubois

knightro2009
12/10/2014

"First Car Purchase"

The Colonial Honda experience was great, especially going through salesman Maurice Studivant. He helped me find the perfect vehicle, shared his endless knowledge of the Honda Brand and provided plenty of recommendations. I felt he was absolutely genuine in every conversation and provided followup. I am in the process of moving but if ever come across anyone whom is in the VA area I will absolutely recommend them Colonial Honda and see Maurice.

Dmarie293
12/10/2014

"What a great experience buying a new car on the internet!"

This was by far the easiest dealership to work with for buying my car. Jimmy called me to interview me on what i was looking for, I had been to a dealership near my business and decided to go online and put out there what I was looking for. I heard from 6 dealerships online and two I visited and my second dealership to visit and purchase was Colonial. They walked me through the entire procedure from asking what I wanted, how much I wanted to spend, what down payment I was giving and what I needed my payments to be. I got everything I wanted and am so excited about my new car. I have never bought a brand new car as it always depreciates soon as you drive it off the lot so my last Honda I bought with 1000 miles on it from a private sale. This dealership surprised me with the best deal and one that fit my payment expectations. This is my 6th Honda I have owned and will always own a Honda! Matthew has made himself available and even giving me his personal cell number if I had questions as I had problems pairing my phone due to the phone being defective and having to switch it out three times. So grateful for the Honda family! I had to drive 105 miles to this dealership but they made it worth it! I love the extended warranty you offered and that sealed the deal for me to purchase from you!

Matthew Dubois

skeet8
12/07/2014

"Second Purchase"

Having purchased a 2013 Accord from Colonial Honda with supreme satisfaction, I opted for a second opportunity to purchase a 2015 CR-V .Needless to say, the experience I appreciated with the first purchase was not a fluke. Matter of fact, I consummated the deal via phone prior to visiting the dealership. Colonial Honda is best described as " your dealership for life" !!

Jim Munger

Billbob5757
12/07/2014

"Won't use Colonial Honda again. "

My sister and I arrived to purchase two 2015 Honda Fits. My family has purchased several new Hondas over the years from Colonial and have always been satisfied. Our most recent purchase was two new Fits in 2013. I did not purchase a vehicle because I did not get what I wanted as a trade in. I was ok with that although somewhat irritated that the sales staff only wanted to talk about monthly payments to convince me to take less than I wanted and not price. My sister completed the paperwork, paid 12000 down and had approval from her credit union to finance the remainder. The manager then came out and said she could not leave with the car unless she financed with Colonial or came back on Monday to pick up the tags. Since we live a long distance away this was unacceptable. She had given them the printed approval from the credit union with fax and contact numbers. They never contacted the credit union and insisted that they have all money before leaving. She had bought a new car in the same manner in 2013 without a problem and the manager's reply was that he wasn't working there then. We left unset and drove to West Broad Honda where the process was effortless and in half the time we had already spent at Colonial. She drove off with her new car and felt she was treated 100% better. My advice would be to deal with West Broad Honda in Richmond if you are in the market for a car.

Colonial Honda of Richmond responded to this review

December 10, 2014

In the interest of fairness, I feel obligated to respond on behalf of my dealership and our policies. It was brought to my attention that you were upset in the showroom. I did come over and attempt to explain our stance, which you both were not open to hearing. I also offered alternative solutions, and again you were not interested. To be clear, under normal circumstances, the way you desired to pay is perfectly acceptable. However, that does not change the fact that a pre-approval letter is not legal tender. It was late on a Saturday afternoon, so no one would be at the credit union to process the wire transfer. Also, there was no one in my accounting department to confirm receipt of the money. My suggestion to allow us to secure financing for you was not an option you wanted to discuss. My suggestion that we put a dealer tag on your new car until we confirmed receipt of the money was also not an option you found acceptable. Like most stories, there are always two sides. You taking the vehicle without the dealership having a confirmed method of payment was not acceptable to us. I highly doubt a large retailer would allow you to walk out with a big screen TV with promise of payment in a few days. In simple terms, I was protecting the dealership's liability. Again, I'm sorry we were unable to work this out and that you found a way to do a deal on your terms elsewhere. The fact you did not put your names on the review, however, says a lot. It is way too easy these days to remain anonymous and intentionally try to harm someone else's reputation. Hopefully, others who use reviews as a way to determine if they should or should not do business with us will take into consideration our overwhelmingly positive overall rating. Tim Cosgrove General Manager Colonial Honda

nickfeaster
12/04/2014

"Great place to buy a car."

I found the dealership online after searching for a few weeks for the right deal on a newer Honda Pilot Touring addition with 4wd (I couldn't find many). Then found their internet price for the exact car I was looking for. I went in to check it out and was greeted by Walter Cooke in the parking lot with the biggest smile ever, (I always enjoy people with a great attitude like myself.) I test drove the car, and set down to negotiate a good "deal" for myself (I also do sales) but it was not typical of the usually time share type sales I have dealt with in my previous car buying experience, more of a couple a nice guys chatting. I was introduced to Bubba during our conversations and was pretty much sold on the car. I came back in two days later and ended up buying the car. They cleaned it up like new and with the Certified Warranty, and a fair price I am very happy with my wife's new car, and would highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks again. Nick Feaster

Bubba