DOW Honda

DOW Honda

Call
DOW Honda Info

"Awkward sales approach"

The staff at Dow Honda seemed like genuinely nice people, but their approach could use some work. The salesman who we dealt with didn't ask us about our needs or even really volunteer any information about the cars; he basically just stood off to the side quietly while we looked at them. Same thing during the test drive - there was no explanation or info offered, just short, basic answers to my questions. I appreciate a salesperson who doesn't push too hard, but this was excessive. But then at the end of our visit, while quoting us a price, he suddenly started piling on the pressure tactics. It was altogether fairly off-putting. It's a shame because they were friendly and welcoming in other ways, but totally ineffective as a sales experience.

Not sure of name

"Great service!"

I was served by the sales associate, Behzad Nadem. He was very open and down-to-earth in his approach to the car lease. I felt like I could trust him. He offered me a great deal on my new Honda Accord. He was not pushy and had no pressure sales tactics. He answered all my questions patiently and in simple terms, the way I wanted it explained to me as a first-time leaser. Nicky La was the financial services manager and also did a great job. She explained things very simply, clearly, and patiently. By the end, I felt like I understood well what I was getting into and felt more confident about my decision. Great work, you guys! Thanks, Cameron

Behzad Nadem & Nicky La

"Wonderful Experience"

Buying a new car can be a very tedious and difficult task for many people, especially a young student like myself. The lovely thing about this dealership is that I didn't feel pressured at all to buy a car right then and there. I was warmly welcomed by the salesperson Sean Houston. He was very friendly and able to take the edge off of the daunting decision of buying a brand new car. Not only was he able to relate to me as a student, but he was able to identify specifically with my parents. Sean was very knowledgeable in the car I was interested in and was able to meet my needs financially. Although I did not end up buying a car that day, I will certainly come back to see Sean again. It was very nice to deal with such a young and educated individual, particularly in the automotive industry. There is nothing quite like a salesperson who genuinely cares for his client's needs and not just his own. Thank you for such a delightful and informative first experience at DOW Honda.

Sean Houston

"Bad initial experience, but second chances do exist."

Found a rare used Acura RSX on the lot. My first trip was not very good. The first salesperson was rather pushy and would not let me test drive without confirming to buy, and so I walked out. However, another salesman, Joseph Wanna gave me a call, and I gave him a second chance. Joseph went over and beyond what he should need to do as a car salesman. He came in on his off days to workout the plans, he gave me extremely good discounts for some of the troubles we ran into. He even picked me up after I dropped the car off at a garage to get it serviced. (Car was as is) Overall great guy, if you are buying used, ask for Joseph.

Joseph Wanna

"I took my Fit in because of a drained battery. They..."

I took my Fit in because of a drained battery. They fitted me in promptly and could have easily just sold me a new battery. Instead they tested my battery, figured out why it had drained and recharged it. This was my second experience in which they could have done some work but instead just did what was necessary, saving me money.

Can't remember

"Went to get a spare key cut. The key cost a lot but that..."

Went to get a spare key cut. The key cost a lot but that is not the dealer's fault. My car is from 2006 so they needed to custom cut the key to match the ignition cylinder wear. The key works well. Only complaint with the service was that it took longer than expected because a bay wasn't available when I arrived. All the staff are very straight forward and informative. I'll go back.

JOE

"David was very attentive and not pushy like other car..."

David was very attentive and not pushy like other car sales people. He provided us we the info we needed to make an informative decision and in actual fact we decided to lease instead of purchasing a new CR-V after crushing the numbers with David. Pricing was competitive and our trade-in value for our used car was fair. We have not picked up the car yet so I'm only commenting on our terrific showroom experience.

David Kotkowski

"Prior to buying my new Honda CRV, I tried the new Ford..."

Prior to buying my new Honda CRV, I tried the new Ford Escape and the Nissan Murano. Huge difference in the level of attention and sales approach between the 3 dealers. David was the lead salesman, but the sales manager Shane was also involved. Both were very friendly, didn't pressure me to buy, but were willing to negotiate. I had done my homework to understand what my trade-in was worth and what kind of discount I could expect. There were a few minor problems in delivery, but everything was completed and exceeded my satisfaction. I have been a client for many years, and certainly felt that my business was appreciated. Having been a long time client using their Service Department, I've always been pleased with the level of service. I highly recommend Dow Honda.

David Kotkowski

"It was an absolute great experience working with Dow..."

It was an absolute great experience working with Dow Honda and their staff. Before ending up at Dow, I had done the circuit of a large number of various car dealerships across Ottawa. I found Dow's approach a refreshing change.... the service was friendly and helpful. Their pricing was very competitive. They took the time to explain things to me (how the financial structure of the lease worked, how the features of the car work, etc.), but most importantly, they respected my time and did not keep me sitting around the dealership for no reason. I let them know my time constraints(both on a particular day (i.e. I need to be out of here within one hour) and in the bigger picture (I have to have the car by the end of the week), and as challenging as my constraints may or may not have been, they meet every one of them (and with a smile). It was definitely a positive car experience working with Dow... so positive, I am considering purchasing/leasing a second car from them. The best compliment I could probably give to Dow is I would happily recommend them to family and friends looking to purchase a vehicle.

Dave Richardson, Kien Tu

"We really appreciated David's friendly, efficient, and..."

We really appreciated David's friendly, efficient, and straightforward manner when negotiating. We would definitely recommend him to others. Everyone we dealt with at the dealership was friendly.