DOW Honda

Call
DOW Honda Info

Civic Motors Honda

"Great service!"

I was served by the sales associate, Behzad Nadem. He was very open and down-to-earth in his approach to the car lease. I felt like I could trust him. He offered me a great deal on my new Honda Accord. He was not pushy and had no pressure sales tactics. He answered all my questions patiently and in simple terms, the way I wanted it explained to me as a first-time leaser. Nicky La was the financial services manager and also did a great job. She explained things very simply, clearly, and patiently. By the end, I felt like I understood well what I was getting into and felt more confident about my decision. Great work, you guys! Thanks, Cameron

Behzad Nadem & Nicky La

"Wonderful Experience"

Buying a new car can be a very tedious and difficult task for many people, especially a young student like myself. The lovely thing about this dealership is that I didn't feel pressured at all to buy a car right then and there. I was warmly welcomed by the salesperson Sean Houston. He was very friendly and able to take the edge off of the daunting decision of buying a brand new car. Not only was he able to relate to me as a student, but he was able to identify specifically with my parents. Sean was very knowledgeable in the car I was interested in and was able to meet my needs financially. Although I did not end up buying a car that day, I will certainly come back to see Sean again. It was very nice to deal with such a young and educated individual, particularly in the automotive industry. There is nothing quite like a salesperson who genuinely cares for his client's needs and not just his own. Thank you for such a delightful and informative first experience at DOW Honda.

Sean Houston

"Bad initial experience, but second chances do exist."

Found a rare used Acura RSX on the lot. My first trip was not very good. The first salesperson was rather pushy and would not let me test drive without confirming to buy, and so I walked out. However, another salesman, Joseph Wanna gave me a call, and I gave him a second chance. Joseph went over and beyond what he should need to do as a car salesman. He came in on his off days to workout the plans, he gave me extremely good discounts for some of the troubles we ran into. He even picked me up after I dropped the car off at a garage to get it serviced. (Car was as is) Overall great guy, if you are buying used, ask for Joseph.

Joseph Wanna

"I took my Fit in because of a drained battery. They..."

I took my Fit in because of a drained battery. They fitted me in promptly and could have easily just sold me a new battery. Instead they tested my battery, figured out why it had drained and recharged it. This was my second experience in which they could have done some work but instead just did what was necessary, saving me money.

Can't remember

"Went to get a spare key cut. The key cost a lot but that..."

Went to get a spare key cut. The key cost a lot but that is not the dealer's fault. My car is from 2006 so they needed to custom cut the key to match the ignition cylinder wear. The key works well. Only complaint with the service was that it took longer than expected because a bay wasn't available when I arrived. All the staff are very straight forward and informative. I'll go back.

JOE

"David was very attentive and not pushy like other car..."

David was very attentive and not pushy like other car sales people. He provided us we the info we needed to make an informative decision and in actual fact we decided to lease instead of purchasing a new CR-V after crushing the numbers with David. Pricing was competitive and our trade-in value for our used car was fair. We have not picked up the car yet so I'm only commenting on our terrific showroom experience.

David Kotkowski

"Prior to buying my new Honda CRV, I tried the new Ford..."

Prior to buying my new Honda CRV, I tried the new Ford Escape and the Nissan Murano. Huge difference in the level of attention and sales approach between the 3 dealers. David was the lead salesman, but the sales manager Shane was also involved. Both were very friendly, didn't pressure me to buy, but were willing to negotiate. I had done my homework to understand what my trade-in was worth and what kind of discount I could expect. There were a few minor problems in delivery, but everything was completed and exceeded my satisfaction. I have been a client for many years, and certainly felt that my business was appreciated. Having been a long time client using their Service Department, I've always been pleased with the level of service. I highly recommend Dow Honda.

David Kotkowski

"It was an absolute great experience working with Dow..."

It was an absolute great experience working with Dow Honda and their staff. Before ending up at Dow, I had done the circuit of a large number of various car dealerships across Ottawa. I found Dow's approach a refreshing change.... the service was friendly and helpful. Their pricing was very competitive. They took the time to explain things to me (how the financial structure of the lease worked, how the features of the car work, etc.), but most importantly, they respected my time and did not keep me sitting around the dealership for no reason. I let them know my time constraints(both on a particular day (i.e. I need to be out of here within one hour) and in the bigger picture (I have to have the car by the end of the week), and as challenging as my constraints may or may not have been, they meet every one of them (and with a smile). It was definitely a positive car experience working with Dow... so positive, I am considering purchasing/leasing a second car from them. The best compliment I could probably give to Dow is I would happily recommend them to family and friends looking to purchase a vehicle.

Dave Richardson, Kien Tu

"We really appreciated David's friendly, efficient, and..."

We really appreciated David's friendly, efficient, and straightforward manner when negotiating. We would definitely recommend him to others. Everyone we dealt with at the dealership was friendly.

David Kotkowski

"This was the worst customer service experience I have..."

This was the worst customer service experience I have ever received. Normally when you buy a brand new vehicle you do not expect after two weeks to be in the service center with a flat tire. The Honda website indicates that the warranty is covered by the tire manufacturer, however, Dow Honda would not contact the Tire manufucturer on my behalf nor did they even know the company that manufactured my tires. On top of everything else they replaced the tire and wanted to charge me 160.00 dollars without even calling me to receive my consent to go ahead with the tire replacement. I asked how you expect a customer to purchase a brand new tire from them without knowing the company that manufactures their tires and they could not answer the question. I decided to buy two new tires at Canadian Tire as they replace any defects in their tires within the first 90 days. I will never go back to this dealer eventhough it is the closest proximity to my residence. I contacted the dealer where I purchased the car from and they advised me never to have my car serviced there since Dow HOnda will be closing their doors and they do not care about providing good customer service any longer. Sincerely, Jeannine Cotter My next car will not be a Honda. Update: I was contacted by Shane MCinnes by email last evening and I called him to advise him that I was displeased with the level of service and advised him that I have now been without a functioning car for a total of four days now due to a simple and common problem, a flat tire. He advised me that he would look into it and get back to me. Since I did not hear back from him at all today, and they still are in possession of my vehicle I called him in the afternoon for an update on my situation. He advised me that they would knock fourty dollars off the total quote of 160.00 that they previously quoted me for one tire replacement and said they were giving me the employee rate which I find very difficult to believe but fine I accepted his offer and advised him to go ahead with the work. Consequently, he advised me that they could not change the tire for me today as they were too busy and apparently it takes so long to change a tire and eventhough they were several hours away from closing. Not to mention that the possibility of a shuttle service with them is completely out of the question. Despite the fact that they have had my car now all week and ample oppurtunity all day to contact me. I asked him why he did not contact me until later in the day rather than earlier on so that his service department would have had lots of time to change a simple flat tire and he said he was busy trying to repair the damage of my customer complaint with Honda Canada. I replied by pointing out the obvious which is that the complaint originated from me , a displeased customer and the person that you should be trying to make it right with is me. I did not think a customer experience could go from bad to worse but it has. Sincerely, Jeannine Cotter