Dick's Mackenzie Ford

Assistant Service Manager

April 12, 2017

"Great Custome Service"

- VelRod

Benito Martinez - is an exceptional! He has always fixed our vehicles and been very honest on what items have to be fixed right away and what can wait a little while. He recently fixed our 2003 Ford Escape - it needed an oil pan. I bought this car 14 years ago and it still runs really well, and I credit Benito for this. Thanks again for the great Customer Service and awesome Service department.

March 15, 2017

"BUYER BEWARE: Common car dealer scam."

- OregonPeachFarmer

Let me just start by saying that I'm a 23-year-old that does not know anything about automobiles. Understanding this, I decided to bring my dad with me before purchasing my car just to make sure that these guys weren't high-fiving each other after I left the lot. Things went fine until we got to the financing stage for my 2016 Ford Focus SE. I quickly realized that Eric, the man in financing, was the exact stereotype that you should try to avoid when at a car dealership. Here's why. After my dad had reviewed all of the paperwork for my Focus, Eric slipped in this form for an "optional" $400 VIN number window etching. This was something my dad had specifically said we did not want because it's a complete cash grab. Side note: Eric's chipper mood changed drastically when we told him that I wasn't interested in all the extra packages that they had to offer. He then showed me the form and told me that it was a standard agreement stating he'd "Gone over the details of the different packages with me." Assuming this to be true, I signed it with my dad sitting right next to me. I was completely unaware that I was actually signing an agreement for this VIN number window-etching scam. I researched more online and found out that TONS of car buyers every year get scammed anywhere between $200 - $800 from this same con without ever even knowing that they paid for it along with their car. The next day, I found the form in my paperwork and realized what had happened. I then went back to the dealership with my dad and we specifically asked to see Eric in order to get the $400 etching option canceled, which you can do within 30 days. When Eric saw us, he knew exactly why we were there and he brought us a cancellation form without hardly saying a word. At this point, the situation had become more than awkward. Once we got back home, we called the dealership, again, to ask Eric for a copy of the cancellation for my personal records. He then told us that he did not have the cancellation form anymore and this was only 20 minutes after I'd just signed it. He also made it a point to repeatedly tell us that he "had no reason to lie" to us. It took another 24 hours just to get this sorted again. By the time I finally did get a copy of my cancellation, I'd already made up my mind about making this dealership the topic of my first online review ever. We're still currently waiting to receive my $400 credit. Although, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up writing this off as a relatively inexpensive learning experience.

March 06, 2017

"Above and beyond"

- DiedreE

I was caught between a rock and a hard place. Juan and Darwin went above and beyond to help me out. I am now a very happy customer driving a beautiful new Ford.

New 2017 Ford C-MAX Energi, $30995