Read Reviews Dickson City Hyundai

3.3

3.6

3.3

based on 17 reviews

Overall
3.4

3.4 out of 5

116 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Dickson City Hyundai

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Dickson City Hyundai

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Second Positive Experience Here"

kathrynk1
5/25/2014 10:12:25 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Anthony Tooson
Ray McGarry
John Wahnon

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

After receiving a letter in the mail from Dickson City Hyundai that boasted higher than normal buyback prices for used cars, I decided to see what they had in stock via their Web site. The site was a bit inaccurate, listing two cars as manual when the pictures showed them to be automatic, and I got two broken e-mails from the Internet manager, but it happens. I decided to just go down there to look at a 2012 Focus, which would be an upgrade from my 2008 Focus. I wasn't interested in anything else. My dealer was Anthony Tooson, who had spoken to my mother previously over the phone and who was wonderful and very patient in dealing with her countless questions. He was very nice, funny, and to the point, and I ended up buying the Focus at a price I didn't think they would agree to. During the testing period the car displayed low battery, and he agreed to have it replaced without question. He also got us a spare key. Very accommodating. I honestly wasn't really looking to buy a new car and I really didn't think this would work out, but thanks to Anthony, Ray, and John I have a nice 2012 upgrade I was able to cosign for and my old car is in the process of finding a good home. Thanks guys.

Twitter
"I went in there because at the time I had credit problems..."

jle2730
6/16/2013 3:44:45 AM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Don't Remember

1.4

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

I went in there because at the time I had credit problems and I needed a car. They were very quick to point me to the two cars that I could have. I test drove a Hyundai Sonata that I was approved for. I liked the car and wanted it. I sat down to do the contract and was told that I couldn't have that car but another one that was pretty close. I couldn't test drive it because it was in the shop. They took me in there and showed it to me. It was nice, similar to the one I test drove. I agreed to that car (no pricing sticker on it, but I figured it was the same as the other). I really couldn't do much haggling as at the time was credit was no good and I had no car. I signed the contract without too much questioning. The purchase price of the car was 16998.00 on my contract. I went on their website the next day and found my car (vin matched) for 13,998.00. Not only did the charge me a fortune in interest but also marked up the price! It's now 3.5 years later and I have been to three dealerships, as soon as I say I was ripped off, the turn around and say "Dickson City Hyundai?" I even spoke to one salesmen who told me that he got a job there and quit the same day because of their practices. Another told me that they prey on people with not so perfect credit. Now all these years later my credit is fixed and I am still paying a huge car payment because my loan amount was so large that I had to trade that car in. I am stuck for another three years with a huge car payment even with 1.9% interest due to still owing so much on the car that purchased from them. There rating with the Better Business Bureau is an "F". STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter
"My son, on active duty with the USAF, purchased a vehicle..."

stevegnall
6/13/2013 4:39:01 PM

Jackson

1.5

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

My son, on active duty with the USAF, purchased a vehicle and we informed the dealer that he was active military, licensed in NJ, stationed in NY and insured by USAA. DCH did not copy his ID in order to process the deal so, my son had to drive 400+ miles to have them copy his military ID. To this day, 40 days after the sale we still have no tags for the vehicle and the temps were dated 2012 not 2013. Numerous calls to the dealership were not returned. Finally, Jackson (who claimed to be the GM of the location) returns a call and blames me for the lack of information which should have been collected when they snatched up my check and promptly cashed it! The back office staff is inept and this "manager" Jackson has obviously been promoted to a level of incompetency! "We sent it to DMV today, what else do you want from me" he said!! I guess the customer is not always right and can be treated in this fashion after the check clears !!! I won't ever go the DCH again and would advise anyone reading this to not expose themselves to their poor treatment of customers.

Twitter
"The Hyundai is great car unfortunately the service..."

Lakewoodcountry
6/7/2013 7:52:04 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Jim Rosada

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

The Hyundai is great car unfortunately the service manager is an owner and could care less about you and what issues you have had.
I never thought to look up the rating of Dickson City Hyundai before I bought my car. Dickson City has a F with the Better Business Bureau.
Let it be know you have been warned.

Twitter
"Service wasn't complete care was unsafe to drive. had..."

lmgberkley
5/20/2013 1:39:18 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
service department and GM

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

Service wasn't complete care was unsafe to drive. had to redo in another state. Dealership won't pay for parts having to be redone!

Twitter
"I recently went to to Dickson city Hyundai looking for a..."

Anderson6643
5/5/2013 10:47:44 AM

Ray

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

I recently went to to Dickson city Hyundai looking for a Veloster. I knew what I wanted even the color. I went to Motorworld before I came here and they told me sorry cant get the car you want but can give you a deal in a in stock unit.. I left pissed and thought I couldn't get my car:(.. My salesman greeted me very nice and walked me through the vehicle, and new every detail.. We went on a additional test drive, when we came back I told him what I wanted, in 20 min he came to my best with not only a guarantee but options of interior colors..we worked out a awesome deal and I am now driving the car I love and wanted, .. It only took 2 days to get my car.. Motorworld told me up to 2 moths.. So overall I would defiantly recommend this dealership and ask for Ray, very helpful and works hard for you..

Twitter
"Anthony was an amazing help , he gave me a great car for..."

carlover86
2/12/2013 7:26:49 PM

anthony tooson

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

Anthony was an amazing help , he gave me a great car for a great deal . My daughters 16 birthday is coming up and i know exactly where im going !!

Twitter
"I showed up one morning not sure if I wanted a new or..."

jnjdletteri
2/12/2013 8:36:18 AM

John Tierney Salesman

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

I showed up one morning not sure if I wanted a new or used vehicle. John greeted me and told me about their big sale. We then discussed my driving habits, uses for the car and why I was looking to trade my current car in. We selected a new car that I liked, but they also had a few slightly used cars of the same make and model. We test the new one, I loved it but was wondering if if getting a 2012 slightly used would make more since(trying to save a couple of bucks!!). John ran some numbers, turns out being a previous Hyundai owner and with the incentives on the car buying used wasn't saving me anything at all, It made sense to buy the new 2013 Elantra, Paperwork was done promptly, the beautiful car was pulled around by the nicest guy ( HE MUST BE THE ONE THAT MAKES IT SHINE!!!). Overall great experience, Way to go Dickson City Hyundai, See you in the future!!

Mrs.Thomas

Twitter
"I visited Dickson City Hyundai after going to a Toyota..."

DavidAnderson
2/12/2013 12:06:11 AM

Carm

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

I visited Dickson City Hyundai after going to a Toyota and Honda dealership. I found that the Sonata was a comparable car to the Camry and Accord. And the experience given to me by Carm and the rest of the staff was superior. I would recomend any of my friends to go to this dealership

Twitter
"Worked with Max for a new car he was great from beginning..."

reesewife24
2/11/2013 11:09:12 PM

Max Broden

My Review Of Dickson City Hyundai:

Worked with Max for a new car he was great from beginning till he sold me a vehicle i wanted!! Great guy i will definitely buy from here again!!

Reviews 11-20 >>