Don Jacobs Honda

Superior Honda

never again
6/28/2016

"Go somewhere else!"

I have only owned a Honda and have loved each of them. I have never bought a new car so this was new and exciting for me. I researched to find the car I wanted. After looking through what was available and what features were on the different models, I finally found the perfect car. It is a car that is not common so to find the color I wanted, I searched the surrounding dealer. At last I found the car of my dreams. It had everything I wanted. The only problem was that it was 200 miles from my home. I called up the sales rep I had spoken to when I started this process. We agreed on a price and they would have this car delivered. I came in and signed the paperwork with a hefty down payment. I was told the delivery time should be one week two at the most. Five days later I texted to get the VIN number so I could get insurance on my car. I was told it was to soon to know that. One week later I texted again and was told this time it would be another two weeks. So the beginning of the third week, I texted again asking for an ETA and the VIN number. This time I was told sometime between Wednesday and Saturday of that week. I text back asking why it is taking so long and express my frustration. Remember all I wanted was a car sitting in a dealers lot. He responded that THEY decided to purchase me a brand new car from the factory and as soon as he knew it was in I would know. If I had known they were custom making it, I would have added on some extras but I was not informed of this decision until it was to late. Five days later I finally get a text and a phone call saying my car is in. This is a full month after I "purchased" my car. My dad and I go that day to pick it up. Again I sign paper after paper. Once all that is done, I've signed for and agree to take this car, the sales guy tells me I cannot take the car home. It did not get inspected after coming off the truck so I cannot take possession. But hey it was good I at least got to sit in my car. That makes it ok right? I have signed every paper by this point and own a car I cannot drive so I went home which by the way is 45 miles from the dealership. I come back into town the next day. They wanted to make sure they could help me set up the car with my specifications. I show up and they hand me the keys and that's it. No set up, no showing of the electronics. So that is my buying experience. How can this get worse you ask? Don't worry it does. A week before my temporary tag expires, I text my sales agent to find out what the hold up is. He says he doesn't know but he will find out. I wait and hear nothing. I text again later in the week and all I get is crickets. My temporary tag expires on a Sunday and I am stuck not being able to drive my brand new car. Finally on Tuesday I am headed in to this town for another reason so I call three times. Finally on the third call I get someone who will give me answers. She says THEY HAVE MY TAG, but a battery test is not entered. I tell her am in town and I will be there in a few minutes to get my tag. I get there and the sales associate asks me if I have seen a small piece of paper with some numbers on it, because this test should have been done before the car was taken off the lot. He thought my car would be in the parking lot and they could do the test right there. My tag was expired remember? I cannot drive it. He said he needed to go figure out what to do. Before he disappeared, I took my tag from him. As he was gone I was looking at the certificate of registration and noticed my car has been registered for five weeks. So I finally have my car and my tag, but they expect me to find time to bring my car to them so they can do this battery check they should have done the day I couldn't take it home. The car buying experience has been tarnished for me. They never called me first to explain any of theses delays. Nor have they ever offered to try and make my experience better by offering any perks. Take my advice - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Prefer not to state

GF
4/11/2016

"Just purchased my 2nd Accord from Don Jacobs Honda"

Working with Greg Hines has been a fantastic experience. I just purchased my second vehicle from Don Jacobs Honda. We always make the drive from Cincinnati. It is efficient, fair, and makes buying a car as smooth as possible. I'll continue to drive south to get my cars from Greg at Don Jacobs Honda! Thanks again!

Greg Hines

Heidz1234
4/04/2016

"Horrible experience. - will never go back"

This is my third Honda but my first new car. The experience was horrible. First off, to constantly hear that I got a deal and they were losing money was very irritating. Secondly, I left the dealer on Friday because they wouldn't give me more for my trade in, on Saturday the sales guy called and when I spoke with the sales associate he stated if he gave me more money for my trade in would I come in and purchase the car I said yes. When I showed up to the dealership I started signing the papers. I asked the finance guy if the mats came with the car (I was told the night Before they would, they were part of the protection/appearance package) he said he would ask the sales guy. He came back and said they didn't. I asked to see the sales guy. He came in and told me they didn't. I asked to see the documents that show what is included in the car. He came back the papers stated the mats. I asked him again, he said the manager said I don't get that plan(which included the mats) because they were giving me more for my trade in. He lied to me. why didn't he tell me over the phone or at least when I asked him. Was it necessary for me to make him show me the papers...no it was not, . I decided to continue purchasing the car. When I left, it was close to closing time the sales manager was pacing outside didn't say hi, didn't say bye and didn't congratulate me, the sales guy didn't say much either. No picture, no congrats nothing. He told me he didn't have time to show me the features of the car because it was it was time to close. I had planned to come in the following week to get the extra 800 accessories(I spent extra yet they were concerned about a mat). I showed up at the dealership the following Saturday to get stuff done to the car, I saw my sales guy and I asked him if he could show me. He stated he only had ten minutes to show me, mind you there was barely anyone in the dealership. I asked him how long it takes he said 45 min. I said can someone else help me. He said I will help you, he helped me for ten minutes and told me to watch my dvd and read the manual. I am not sure when spending 32,000 on a car is no big deal; but it was to me. I will never go back to Don Jacobs. The sales guy lied and on top that didn't have the time to even show me the features. For 32,000 can't he take the full 45 mins to show me.

Would rather not say

Pinkpoodle
12/31/2015

"Excellent service."

I contacted Kenny Adams regarding an on going problem I was experiencing with my 2008 Honda Accord. Although, the matter was not showing on my dash, I had taken a picture to help with diagnosis. The matter was urgent because I was traveling out of state to attend a funeral and needed my car checked for safety. Kenny was able to use the information to diagnose the problem which I learned was related to a recall. I am grateful to Kenny Adams for his professionalism and his immediate attention to my vehicle, due to my emergency out of town travel. I highly recommend Kennny Adams and Don Jacobs service department. Alice Davis Lexington

Kenny Adams

Greg Strouse
12/31/2015

"Outstanding Customer Service!"

Our family has utilized the service department at Don Jacobs for over 25 years. Outstanding customer service! My current service advisor is Cameron Adams and he is a true professional....extremely competent & knowledgeable, energetic & positive, always courteous & customer focused, and wonderful in communicating/follow-up with customers. Cameron, keep up the great work! I look forward to many more years of association with Don Jacobs Honda! Greg Strouse

Cameron Adams

Jcn09
12/28/2015

"Excellent Service "

I brought my car to Don Jacobs needing some minor repairs and Josh Owens went above and beyond to help me and was very knowledgeable! I will bring my car back to Josh Owens everytime!

Josh,Owens

Stout, Myia
12/28/2015

"Honda Service Department "

The customer service I received was excellent. I felt that all of my questions, concerns, and needs were taken care of. I left the dealership feeling very well taken care of.

Josh Owens

crabtreej1
12/22/2015

"Austin Adkins in the service department"

Austin Adkins is a great service rep. he cares about the customer and makes sure they get what they need. Austin made sure my car was safe, serviced properly, and I'll be taking my car to Don Jacobs from now on

Austin Adkins

swthorn71
11/30/2015

"Professional Service "

Chuck B is a perfect example of what a service writer should be. He's always very prompt and professional and make us feel confident in the service we receive. We would recommend him to anyone!!

Chuck B

tjunderwood
11/30/2015

"Great service!"

I have been coming to Don Jacobs for service on my Honda civic for years now, Cameron always takes care my service needs. He is very knowledgeable and always the most helpful. Thank you Cameron for all of your help!! TJ

Cameron and Mike