Don Jacobs Honda

Don Jacobs Honda Info

GRedmond
3/02/2015

"Complete Satisfaction"

The service staff at Don Jacobs has always been courteous to me and my wife. Cameron has been our service rep. for the last couple of years and has always been very helpful. We've always felt very welcomed at this dealership and the quality of work has always been on par.

Cameron

Tamara_rn2007
2/27/2015

"Outstanding customer service experience. "

I have brought my car in several times. Every time I bring my car in for service. Mr. Kenny Adams is extremely helpful and very knowledgable on what my needs were. I would highly recommend your service department and speaking with Mr. Adams because none of my questions or concerns went unanswered. Thank you for an outstanding experience.

Kenny Adams

LD
2/25/2015

"Great Experience"

Took my CRV in for service and Matt Garner was my rep. He reviewed prior service, so they wouldn't duplicate any recent work, and reviewed, with me, each item of reccomended mainenance. He monitored the work and gave me a full report at pick up. It was a lengthy service and he called twice to provide updates. He also arranged a shuttle to and from the service that was timely and also requested that the car be heated before they picked me up. Brandon, the porter, was personable and also very knowledgeable about Honda products and services. Matt made this experience very easy and pleasant, and reassured me that I shouldn't need any major maintenance for some time. He walked me to the cashier and out to my car. Matt provided excellant customer service from the moment I pulled in the bay until I left. It's people like Matt and experiences like this, that is the reason I've purchased 2 Honda's and why I've recommended them to my friends and colleagues and 2 of them have purchased Honda's.

Squid
2/24/2015

"Great Experience"

Wrote an email to start the process. Met a great salesman by name of Todd Curtis. If you can get the deal done and keep me happy in less than 24 hours then you did a great job. Todd gave us a quote for a 2015 Honda CRV EX L AWD under what Richmond Honda did for a 2014 Honda CRV EX L AWD. I would say he had my back as Richmond Honda did not. Yes they talk to there managers but they gave me a car under all the quotes I got from other dealers. Thank you so much for this experience will recommend you to anyone and everyone.

Todd Curtis

RoRo
2/09/2015

"Great Experience"

Matt helped me find the right tires at the right price. Service was quick and professional. I am very satisfied with the level of service I received.

baldwin487
1/15/2015

"great services "

i had my honda van serviced today by matt garner and cameron Adams and they were great! Very friendly and helpful. My van finished on time and I am very pleased with my experience. We will definitely be back and refer our freinds there. Thank you!

matt garner and cameron adams

Michele
1/15/2015

"Van Service"

Thank you for great service. The van drives great now. Matt was very helpful and accommodating. We have used Don Jacobs Service Dept multiple times and have always been well taken care of.

John
1/13/2015

"Friendly but dishonest"

My wife and I both own Hondas, and we recently moved to Lexington. We both needed some work done, so I took both cars to Don Jacobs Honda on separate trips. There was no problem with the service on my Wife's Pilot, so I made the appointment for an oil change for my Accord. I asked the price and was told $37 for an oil change and I left. I came back the day of my appointment, and got the oil change and asked them to price out a set of tires for me. I knew exactly what tires I wanted, and I told them. When they were done with the oil change and I went to pay, they charged me more than $50 for the oil change even though they had quoted me at $37. I told them I had been quoted at $37 but they still charged me the higher amount. I didn't make a big fuss as I understand that mistakes sometimes happen. Then the service writer gave me the quote for the tires, and the quote was more than $200 higher than S&S Tires had quoted me. When I told the service writer this, he said that it was because the tires were different. Now, this is where they were blatantly dishonest with me. I reminded him that I wanted the quote for a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, and he said that's what he priced for me; but he went on to explain that even though it was the same brand and model, that Continental made that specific tire differently for Honda than for other vendors. He claimed that Continental made that tire with a stiffer sidewall and that it was made specifically for the accord. I thought that maybe I had misunderstood what he was saying, so I asked him to repeat it, and he again claimed that Continental made the same brand and model tire slightly differently for Honda. I had never heard of that before, so I checked with other tire stores and even called Continental, and was informed that that was simply not true. I decided to simply not go back to Don Jacobs again, and that would be it. But, a few days later, I received a customer satisfaction call about my service visit and decided to let them know what happened, both with the oil change price discrepancy and with the dishonesty regarding the tires. The lady who called said that they would let the service manager know and that I could expect a call from him. That has been more than a month ago, and I have not heard anything from the service center. Perhaps I should have made more of an issue with it while I was there at the dealership, but I shouldn't have had to be "that guy". If their policy is to charge you more money than quoted for service, to blatantly lie about products in order to sell them, and to ignore their own customer satisfaction call results; then I will find another service center for my cars and my money. I am very disappointed in all of this. Since we purchased our first Honda, in 2006, we have only ever used Honda service centers to care for our cars. This is because up until now they have all been extremely professional and honest with us. I was willing to pay the extra money you pay at a dealership service center, because of the quality of service and the way the employees treated us. In just 2 visits, Don Jacobs has brought us back to the reality that there are some service centers that seem to care only about money.

service writer

Latonya
12/23/2014

"Helpful and friendly "

Kenny was wonderful with accommodating my work schedule and understanding my time constraints. When I arrived, he had everything ready to go. When I returned, he explained everything. I've had several interactions with Kenny and he has always been helpful and friendly. I've referred a friend to Kenny even though she did not purchase her car at Don Jacobs. Keep up the great work.

Kenny Adams

josephine79
12/16/2014

"Bad Body Shop & Bad Service Shop"

I would not buy a car here. If you do - eventually you will need to have it repaired - and you will want to go anywhere BUT here. Took my car in for body work last year. They did not complete the work and I had to take my car back a second time because they failed to hook up the electrical parts to make the windows work! (Discovered it 2 weeks later when I tried to go through a drive through!) After they told me it was done the second time, I checked it before I left the lot. It was not done. Then they told me it was done a third time, but the windows still did not function properly. After the fourth attempt they fixed it. Then I took my car in for an oil change. I had an appointment. It took them over an hour (I had no other service done at that time!) I took my car in one last time (thinking that the previous two times were a mistake). This time they did not completely reattach the outside molding around the rear tire area. I failed to check it before I took it home (my mistake) and now I have to take it back again. When I paid for the work the bill seemed very small as I had also had a tire rotation and oil change. They said they had forgotten to add that on and they charged me over $100 more. Then I was called to say that they didn't actually charge me for the oil change but just the rotation. I spoke with DAN LEWIS - Body Shop manager. The only thing he cared about was getting me to pay the additional money for the oil change. He wanted to know if I made an appointment to have my car fixed THE SECOND TIME (because they failed to do their work properly). Then he asked if I knew how to use a night drop to leave my car. xx?! He cared nothing for the fact that his body shop can't fix a simple problem properly.

DAN LEWIS