Donaldsons Subaru

5700 Sunrise Highway,
Sayville, New York 11782
Donaldsons Subaru Info
About Donaldsons Subaru

Why Donaldsons? Donaldsons has been serving Long Island’s automotive needs since 1955. Our reputation has been built on honesty, integrity and the best possible service. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards in our sales, service and parts departments by offering consumers quality products, professional expertise and financial value. Our long-term staff is continually trained in their fields and believes every customer deserves respect and exceptional effort. Our facility has state-of-the-art equipment and enough space to show off our extensive inventory. If you ask us what our most valuable asset is, the answer is simple: You. "The Smart Choice"

About Donaldsons Subaru

Sunday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SubieTrek15
2/13/2015

"Best Ever"

Mr. Fulco and Mr. Giordano were above and beyond as far as customer service goes. I was treated with a great amount of respect for what wanted. There's no way you can say no to this level of excellence. Hands down best buying experience my wife and I have ever had. We are so happy with this car as well as the dealer and will continue to use and recomended them. Kind Regards, Jack M. Ranieri

Steven Fulco, Patti, Robert, Mr. Morris

February 14, 2015

WOW ! Thank you for the great review Mr Ranieri, I am so glad you and your wife had a great experience at Donaldsons, I know your wife was excited about getting the new car. We value you as good Donaldsons customers, I know this is the 7th car your family has purchased from us and we would like to says a big thank you ! Welcome back to our Donaldsons family club. Respectfully... Steven Fulco G.M. sales operations .

frosales
2/02/2015

"great experiance"

just picked up my new 2015 forester and had a great experience.. sales rep shane was great and overall experience was the best i have ever had. will definitely recommend to friends and family.

February 02, 2015

Thank you for the kind words, Shane is a great guy we are lucky to have him, I am so happy that you had a good experience with Donaldson's and Shane, enjoy your new car a welcome to our Donaldson's family club..

hthayer
1/28/2015

"Great car buying experience"

Dave helped make my new car purchase a great experience. I got a good price, no pressure, and left feeling very happy. I would recommend Donaldsons to my friends, and would definitely buy there again. Many thanks to Dave and the whole Donaldsons staff.

January 28, 2015

Thank you for the great review , Dave is a big part of our Subaru family and we are lucky to have him, we wish you the best of luck with your new car and welcome to our Donaldsons family club. Respectfully... Steven Fulco G.M. sales operations.

vjwhitfield
1/19/2015

"Our business here is ended. "

After meeting with an extremely nice sales rep, Shane Ohliger, but waiting more than two months for the Legacy I was promised sooner, I questioned why I didn't have a car yet and what I could do since my car had now broken down. Shane had no information for me so my husband contacted the GM for Sales who recommended that we contact Subaru of America since his hands were tied and cars were not coming in. We did contact Subaru of America and were told that the dealership did not give us the correct information about the expected delivery date which they should have known from the beginning. During a second conversation with the GM I asked for advice on what to do during which he yelled at me over the phone, told me he was refunding my deposit and our business here is ended. He cancelled the car. He then had the sales rep email me that my money was being refunded. When we called back Subaru of America to update them on the situation, they were shocked at how I was treated. They apologized for the experience and recommended that we go to another dealer. So we did. BTW, the same car with the same package was priced less at Competition Subaru of Smithtown - very nice people - car ordered. A few days later, Shane called me at the GM's request to say the car arrived and if I wanted it, I could come in and buy it. No thank you..."our business here is ended."

Steven Fulco

vjwhitfield responded to this review

February 19, 2015

In reading GM Steven Fulco’s account of our phone conversation, I can’t help but wonder if the call was recorded for quality assurance. There are some details that are simply inaccurate such as the car repair was $700 not $300 and we were not told “about 8 weeks”, we were told “I have to tell you 8 weeks, but we have been getting our cars in three.” However, there are other details that are a gross misrepresentation of what actually took place. I never “demanded a car to drive” I inquired to see if the dealership loaned cars (as some do) and hoped that I would qualify if they did. I did indeed ask for advice. The question I chose was, “If I was your wife, what advice would you give me?” Clearly this was an unfortunate choice of words for with this Mr. Fulco launched into how dare I bring up “his” wife and that “his” wife has nothing to do with this. Here I would agree, his wife has nothing to do with this, but clearly this was not my point. I was not referencing his actual wife, as I do not know her or have any knowledge that he is even married. It was simply a point of reference to gain any advice on what to do with the situation. The only other time I used the word wife was in an effort to break through the barrage of loud accusations that I was speaking of his actual wife. My efforts did not calm Mr. Fulco at all. At that point, yes, he made a decision, but that decision was not to “offer” my deposit back, it was to tell me that he would be refunding it and were finished. The idea of a refund was not mine nor was the decision to do it. I also agree that this would not have been such an issue had my car not broken down. However, I am oddly glad it did. Shane did call to offer me the car when it came in. I did decline. I believed then and still do that since being treated in such a disrespectful and demeaning manner that a long-term relationship with this dealership would not have been fruitful. I do wish Mr. Fulco well and much luck to Shane.

January 20, 2015

Some of what Mrs Whitfield has written is true but some facts are missing. The day Mrs Whitfield placed the order with us we in turn ordered the car with Subaru on 11/11/2014 . Shane her sales person had told her the car would take about 8 weeks, at that time that's what Subaru was telling us, please keep in mind we do not build cars here at the dealership, we want our customers to get their cars as fast as possible. I did indeed recommend they call the Subaru customer help line hoping they would be able to give us a better time frame for the cars arrival. This was not an issue until Mrs Whitfields car had broken down and she stated she did not want to pay the $300 to get it repaired. Mrs Whitfield did not ask me for advice on what to do, she demanded we give her a car to drive and I explained that's not possible, she also kept asking me over and over what I would do if it were my wife, she brought up my wife several times( my wife has nothing to do with this at all ) at this point I made a decision to offer her the deposit back as I did not see a way to make her happy, her deposit was refunded the next morning before 10:00 am. As a side note Subaru told her the car would be here on the January 23rd, the car arrived on the 14th and I asked Shane to call her and see if she still wanted the car, she declined, the car arrived 3 days after the expected date of 1/11/2015 ( 8 weeks ) we do not build cars here, we do the best we can and we are human, I wish Mrs Whitfield good luck with her new car. Respectfully.. Steven Fulco G.M sales operations.

Dave B
1/17/2015

"Great Salesman - awful trade-in value"

Salesman John Seagriff was awesome - easygoing, informative, and friendly. There was no pressure to purchase features we didn't want. He answered all of our questions intelligently and went over the car in detail when we picked it up. I was grossly disappointed in the value the manager provided for my trade-in. I know I could have gone elsewhere and did not have to take them up on the offer. However, I hate selling cars (that's why I don't that for a living). The trade-in just put a sour taste in my mouth, impacting the price, fairness, and the overall experience negatively. GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU EXPECT A FAIR VALUE FOR YOUR TRADE-IN!!!!! I need more time to determine whether the quality of the quality of work or the customer service.service

January 17, 2015

I am so happy john was able to help you out, it sounds like he did a great job. I am sorry the trade in was not up to your expectations , we always try to pay the most we can for a trade in. Our service dept is outstanding and I am sure they will make you happy. Good Luck with the new car and welcome to our Donaldsons family club. Respectfully... Steven Fulco G.M. sales operations.

Nina Glenn
1/09/2015

"Excellent experience!"

From the minute we walked in the door to possibly buy a car, until we drove away in our beautiful new 2015 Outback, the experience was amazing! Shane made the whole process effortless on our part and we appreciated it! He called when he said he would and kept us apprised at all times. I would highly recommend Donaldsons, and Shane in particular!

January 09, 2015

I would like to thank you for that great review, Shane is a great guy and a big asset to our family business, I am glad he was on top of your transaction , good luck with your new car and welcome to our Donaldsons family club. Respectfully.. Steven Fulco G.M. sales operations.

BF
12/23/2014

"Professionalism, Friendliness, & Good Pricing"

Professionalism, friendliness, & good pricing says it all. These are good people; I was impressed on every level from the first questions until driving the car off the lot. I love my Subaru. A special thanks to all at Donaldson Subaru: Steve Fulco , Shane Ohliger, Robert Zolyniak, Patty Davis, and Joe Mitchell.

Steve Fulco , Shane Ohliger, Robert Zolyniak, Patty Davis, and Joe Mitchell

December 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind review, I am so happy my team was able to get it done for you . Good luck with your new car and welcome to our Donaldsons family club !!! Respectfully.. Steven Fulco G.M. sales operations

Lola B
12/21/2014

"The Brown Family Gift: A Subaru Legacy"

Our salesman John made buying a car a pleasant experience. His product knowledge and customer service was superior. Much thanks to you and Donalsons Subaru.

December 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review !!! John is one of our best employees and a big part of our family business, We value your feedback and welcome to our Donaldsons family club ! Respectfully... Steven Fulco G.M. sales operations...

avaldes
12/09/2014

"Sean Review "

Sean was very friendly and got his points across about the quality of the car without being pushy. My husband purchased and financed the car but Sean treated me with respect and kept me abreast of the details of the transaction as if I were purchasing the car myself. I also have a very active 1 yr old who was excited to be inside the dealership with all the cars. Every single person inside from sales to service was kind w/ my son & played with him. That by far was the most impressive thing about my experience...how seamlessly kids fit in. I didn't feel like a bother with my son. Sean even played with him which won me over. Robert in finance also treated me with respect though my husband took care of the transaction. He answered all of my questions and ensured I felt comfortable. It's clear the customer experience is emphasized..

Robert in Finance

December 09, 2014

Thank you for your very kind review !! I am so happy your experience here was that good, we value all our customers and the kids are always welcome here. Enjoy your new car and welcome to our Donaldsons family club. Respectfully... Steven Fulco GM sales operations

kmcurry
12/07/2014

"2015 Forester"

Very happy with the service I received at Donaldson's. Everyone from the front receptionist to Shane in sales and the Finance Director were friendly, knowledgeable, and wonderful to work with. From the moment I walked in, all of my questions and concerns were addressed by Shane and he walked me through the whole process as I have never bought a brand new car before. I love my new 2015 Forester and will also be servicing it at the dealership. I really appreciate the organization and coordination at Donaldson's!

December 08, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review, Shane does a great job and we are very happy your experience here at Donaldsons great. Enjoy you new car and welcome to our Donaldsons family club. Respectfully... Steven Fulco G.M sales operations

Reviews of Shane Ohliger