Dorschel Nissan

Mike Barney Nissan

Mdmb
1/25/2015

"Nissan Murano "

Excellent professional service, extremely competively priced, non-pressured, buying experience. Highly recommend this dealership. Mark Intini was outstanding to work with!! He was knowledgable, polite, and met needs quickly.

Mark Intini

lturchetti59
12/31/2014

"Wonderful experience"

I was looking for a vehicle that was safe and great in the winter for my daughter. I had a trade and I didn't know if I wanted to buy or lease the infinity Q40. My salesperson was Andrew and we talked about a lease vs buying. I decided that I was going to lease the car as my daughter was going to college in Long Island. He worked with me to come up with something within my budget and a great deal. Andrew was very patient and informative. He made sure everything was explained to me and that I understood all of the paperwork. I liked the fact that I didn't feel pressured by him and that he was honest with me. I would definitely go back to Andrew and purchase my next vehicle. I would recommend him to anyone!

Andrew Dana

Denrama
7/02/2014

"Dorschel Nissan service - worst service "

Pathetic service people. They forgot to replace the oil cap after doing the oil change; fumes all over because oil spilled in the engine. Though they took care of by doing the engine, it will never be the same. Next time they said there is an oil leak, but I don't see any traces, but after the fix, my drive way ruined because oil leaked all over. Just today, I had a brake service and guess what... They purposefully chipped the wind shield. Oil all over the wheels. I AM NEVER GOING TO THEM AGAIN! Doug Aubrey is a horrible person!

Doug Abrey

scameron_2
3/17/2014

"I worked (albeit briefly) with an excellent sales..."

I worked (albeit briefly) with an excellent sales associate called Mark. Knowing it is 'within protocol' to deal with the same salesperson, I called to make an appintment to test drive a new Nissan I saw on the Dorschel website. I was told Mark would be there at a certain time, and I took time away from work to make the appointment and to drive the car. On arriving, I was told that Mark was actually NOT working that day and that the person on the telephone should not have told me so. I explained I had an appointment and so I was then directed to William Treadway, who was obviously confused and frustrated that he now had to deal with me. William Tradway was clearly not listening to what I was saying as he kept asking the same questions over. He was obviously reluctant to let me drive the vehicle which, in hindsight, I probably would have purchased from him that day had his attitude not been so apalling. William Treadway's first mistake was forgetting that he is in the business of selling cars; his second mistake is not recognizing when a customer is about to make a big purchase; his third maistake was not following up when an e-mail was directed specifically to him regarding the test drive the same day. Overall, Dorscel has convinced me that they do not deserve my money. I have a lot of experience buying (and selling) cars, and I will take my sale to their competitor. I will also make sure that I relay my experiences to all of my colleagues who purchase vehicles in the Rochester area every three years. William Treadway made a big mistake and, unforunately, it cost Dorschel their repution.

William (Bill) Treadway

NYJET
8/01/2013

"DO NOT TRUST THIS DEALERSHIP TO REPAIR YOUR..."

DO NOT TRUST THIS DEALERSHIP TO REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE................ Brought car to dealer with bad coil and engine was skipping. Service man had a lot of stories about the car but after being on this earth for 59 years I know what baloney sounds like and believe me this man should work at a deli. First he stated that dealer computer could not identify which cylinder was skipping so they would have to replace all six coils. When challenged about disconnecting just one at a time to see which coil was bad he stated that they could not do that as the intake manifold had to be removed to work on the coils. Come on..........I wasn't born yesterday as I worked on the coils of my Lexus earlier this year. Sure enough when I got the Nissan home I took a peak under the hood. The plastic engine cover only required removal to gain access to the coils and the wires to them. You can even see the end coil and the wiring with the plastic cover on the engine. Okay so you got me good to the tune of $1100.00. If this isn't taking advantage of a customer and not being fair and honest I guess we should check the dictionary for a good description of what an honest dealer looks like. I'm not sure Dorschel lives up to this description as I know I can't trust this dealer to perform any work on a vehicle I own or am paying for repairs on.

service personnel

ToddJ
8/23/2012

"Went here with the intention of purchasing a new Frontier..."

Went here with the intention of purchasing a new Frontier with Financing after putting cash down and financing. I initially worked with my sales rep through picking out a Nissan Frontier V6 SV and pricing it with their Clear Cut, No-Hassle pricing. We had a good monthly payment set and he told me my minimum trade value, minimum Nissan cash back offer, maximum interest, and maximum monthly payment. This worked out to be a good deal that I was quite happy with and looking forward to owning my new Frontier. I had planned to meet with Jeff after work to go over some final things, but when I got there had found he was not there. He had told me he would be there until close, but I was instead referred to Douglas. I sat down with him and expressed some interest in maybe upgrading to a Pro-4X for only $1,000 more. Douglas began to tell me they did not make a Pro-4X in King Cab (Even though the Nissan Website says otherwise), and then began to tear my deal apart. He told me the maximum he could give me for my trade was only 2/3 of what I was promised the dealer rebate was $1,000 less, and that my interest rate was an absurd 13% higher. Mind you Jeff had all my information including credit report and had told me the worst case scenario payment. Douglas came back with a monthly payment $150 more than what I told was my maximum. Needless to say this was a very un-pleasant experience and a waste of a lot of my time. Not to mention a huge disappointment as I was very enthusiastic about the Frontier.

Jeff and Douglas

tazzy64
2/08/2012

"Sales Rep Mike A. was very friendly and professional. The..."

Sales Rep Mike A. was very friendly and professional. The trade appraiser talked to me like I was born yesterday. I have been buying new cars for over 30 years. I was comparing same msrp prices on 2012 Altimas with Dorschel and another Nissan dealer. The appraiser was six hundred dollars less than the other dealer for my trade in. He tried every excuse explaining why Dorschel's trade allowance was less than the other dealer's. He just didn't get it. The bottom line when you trade in a vehicle is the difference the customer pays out of pocket. I did not want to hear how the other dealer does not have the famous "clear price". In my opinion, it is just another marketing gimmick. The appraiser just could not simply admit that Dorschel can't compete and come up with another six hundred bucks. This same situation happened 3 years ago at Dorschel Kia. Another Kia dealer gave me eight hundred dollars more for my trade on the exact price vehicle to the penny. I just thought I would give Dorschel a second chance since I used to be a valuable supplier to the Dorschel Automotive Group. I am on my way back to the other dealer this weekend. Mr. Dorschel, you lost another customer. Thanks for listening. Marty M.

Mike A.

radioguy
9/01/2011

"I was ready to be disappointed because the car I was..."

I was ready to be disappointed because the car I was interested in was sold, and I had driven 85 miles to see it. But, I had been shopping on-line for a while, and noticed they had one of my other choices. I was hesitant, however, because I wasn't sure if I was ready to make that switch. Shawn Hoyt was VERY patient with me, and although he made it clear he wanted to sell me the car, he was never pushy. The car was a relatively rare find, and of course, the price was right. To top it off, they bought my old car for a very fair price. So, I came away feeling quite pleased...I guess I'm still surprised it all happened the way it did.

Shawn Hoyt

sky king
8/22/2011

"I was greeted by a very friendly & proffesional..."

I was greeted by a very friendly & proffesional gentleman ,who listened to what I was looking for in a vehicle & the features that I really felt to be important.He did not try to steer me to something else or something that I couldn't afford.He was very "up"on the information for the vehicle that I was interested & answered all my quetions about the car. Very helpful.I would like to think that all dealerships would be doing these same things like I experienced.

Dan Welch

rsop321
8/17/2011

"Great "customer care" beginning to end. The..."

Great "customer care" beginning to end. The people working with us were outstanding, very proficient in thier jobs, and made us feel very comfortable .. No pressure, very personable, eager to help you find the car for you. As they say "we give you more than you expect..for less than you'd expect to pay". Would recommend this dealer and will return to them when and if the need arises. Drove over 2 hours to get there and would do it again...Great experience.

Vito Arbore and Mark Freitas