Doxon Toyota Scion of Auburn

Dick Hannah Toyota

Heartland Toyota Scion

ZathrasOne
3/23/2012

"I would not recommend bringing your car to Doxon Toyota..."

I would not recommend bringing your car to Doxon Toyota for service after they defrauded me with an unnecessary $700 repair when I brought mine in because the VVT-i system (Variable Valve Timing - Intelligent) was malfunctioning and thowing a code P1349 (VVT-i Controller not responding). This involves several parts besides the VVT-i Controller, including a selenoid, valve (the Oil Control Valve), OCV filter, oil supply from the pump, computer (g-d forbid it being that!) and associated wiring. They immediately declared the VVT-i controller to be at fault, the most expensive part (except the computer) as well as the most expensive in labor, resulting in a $700+ repair bill w/o even testing the other components even though I specifically asked them to test the rest first. The service adviser even admitted that it is not uncommon for the Oil Control Valve (a $95 part right on the front of the engine) to stick resulting in the same behavior. I got the car back and it was doing the same thing. I will be returning next week, after diagnosing the real issue myself to see if they can fix it, and trying to get my money back for the fraudulent repair.

Kevin Moon

April 15, 2012

One more comment about this dealer. They wrote up on my 20 point checkup that the air filter was 'cruddy' and needed to be replaced. So I went out and got a new air filter, pulled the old one, and found that it was only a little dirty - I could even see light through it, which is a standard test for an air filter to see if it needs to be replaced. I would definitely NOT take my car there for service or even a checkup as they will say that things need to be replaced but don't.

April 15, 2012

April 03, 2012

Well, to make a long story short, I fixed the car by simply cleaning the Oil Control Valve and bringing it back to Doxon a couple times to show them (1) that I continued getting 1349 failures after their repair but before my cleaning (2) that it was running perfectly and getting no more failures after the OCV was cleaned. They refunded me the repair 100% and are going to review cleaning the OCV before VVT-i controller replacement with the service staff (not a Toyota approved procedure, but it might cost them less in the long run in terms of lost customers). So re-rating them as a 3 since they followed through, but I would be cautious non-the-less.

rach707
2/12/2012

"The initial sales Consultant we talked with left us a..."

The initial sales Consultant we talked with left us a little cold. When we explained this to Lorelei she immediately assigned another sales consultant, Greg and he was very easy to work with. I had done my homework by going to a couple different sites and knew the amount I wanted to pay for my new car. I had also researched the value of my trade in. By presenting all this information the bottom line amount was reached. We were unable to complete the deal due to migraine that came on all of a sudden but Lorelei told us to go home, get well, and return the next day is I felt better. We returned the next morning and finished the initial paperwork with Ken and Susie. By the time we left we felt we had made some new friends and would not hesitate to refer relatives and friends to Doxon for a new or used car.

Lorelei Fleming, Ken Thompson, Susie Hutchinson,Greg Paules

deac311
2/10/2012

"was great to work with at first, got the deal finished..."

was great to work with at first, got the deal finished and found the car smelled like smoke after I drove around for a while after we bought it (we didn't notice it when taking it on the test drive) and they ozoned it, which I appreciated (even though I'm a little worried that it will come back and then what am I to do...). The problem came after I spoke with him after that had been done about the fact that I was under the impression that the car would have full synthetic oil put in as he had been saying the entire time that the car only had to have the oil changed every 10,000 miles or 12 months, so when I get back to the dealership to have the ozone done I find that it had a synthetic blend put in by the service department (which is what they "always" do with the cars on their lot). He refused to have the dealership put in full synthetic and had quite an attitude with me while talking to me basically saying (paraphrasing here) "you already bought the car and now you come back and have all these demands". Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's too much to ask that the car have full synthetic when their salesman is saying the car only has to have oil changed once a year (and is pushing for me to purchase the 'loaner' vehicle vs the new one with the free oil changes for two years). All I can say is stay away from them, there are plenty of other dealerships to choose from go to one of them.

David Alenick

dudleo333
2/06/2012

"This is the First time that I've enjoyed buying a new..."

This is the First time that I've enjoyed buying a new car.Bryce and Gary never put any pressure on me to buy the car. Gary explained in great detail every question I had on my test drive.He even set up my phone so my hand free system worked.I had the fabric seal,paint seal,3m paint protector,lojack installation and Mike my service rep. explained eveyone in great detail. He also made sure I understood how to take care of the work that was done.

Bryce Patten ,Gary Seil ,Advisor Mike 5165

Chuck D'Hondt
12/17/2011

"Our car buying experience was so great due to the hard..."

Our car buying experience was so great due to the hard work Jim did to please us and he was so pleasant throughout the deal. And he got us into a wonderful car!

Jim (j.j.) Jarschke

gambleda
9/20/2011

"Scott talked to me about my car repair issues and gave me..."

Scott talked to me about my car repair issues and gave me a revised quote. Day of the repair, Amiee was friendly and courteous, and reassured me that everything would be fine. She kept me informed of the work progress and called me as soon as the work was finished. I appreciated both of the agents working with me to get my car repaired in a timely manner.

Scott Hummel and Amiee Seaton

gmahnke
9/14/2011

"My 2003 Toyota Camry XLE needed new computing hardware..."

My 2003 Toyota Camry XLE needed new computing hardware installed in the car so my remote keyless entry would work. The part was expensive ($575), but Joe (the mechanic who did the work) was very knowledgeable and I was repaired in under 1 hour. Joe also went above and beyond and noticed that I had my second remote in my glove box, so he reprogrammed both remotes for me at no extra charge. I thought that was very considerate of Joe and it was certainly appreciated. It's those small courtesies at Doxon Toyota that keep amazing me! Aimee Seaton was great as usual as my service advisor. She made sure my car was vacuumed and washed before I left. I have full confidence in Doxon Toyota in being truthful with me in all circumstances and though I plan on keeping the car I have, I will certainly have them do all the maintenance on it and if I ever need a new car, I will go to Doxon Toyota first! I enjoyed taking my business to Doxon Toyota and again especially liked the free new Starbucks coffee machine they have for their customers! Keep up the fantastic customer service!!!

Aimee Seaton and Joe (Mechanic)

xdmoney32x
8/21/2011

"Leroy is in a class by himself. Hands down the best..."

Leroy is in a class by himself. Hands down the best manager out there. He goes the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction is met. Leroy and David both took care of me. Don't waste your time going anywhere else and go straight to Doxon. These people listen, care and will work their butts off to get you the best deal possible.

Leroy Hupp and David Khan

ewunia57
8/20/2011

"I was recently in the market to buy a new car and glad I..."

I was recently in the market to buy a new car and glad I bought from Doxon. The last time I bought a car I felt I wasn't very well informed. The salesperson at Doxon Tina Geery was very informative, friendly and patient. She let me take my time to figure out what type of vehicle I wanted and let me test drive as many cars as I wanted. I didn't feel rushed or pressured to buy a car. I did finally choose a 2011 Camry SE which I am very happy with. I also worked with Susie Hutchinson in the Finance department who was very helpful in explaining all the financing options.

Tina Geery, Susie Hutchinson

pj2sassy
8/09/2011

"We had a very pleasent sales experience. Greg Nelson was..."

We had a very pleasent sales experience. Greg Nelson was very professional. He was friendly, never pressured us. He stayed with us through the entire process. He explained how everything worked in the Camry. He showed us how the navigation system worked, and let me tell you that system can be quite intimidating! We love our new Camry! It is exactly what we were looking for. Come to Doxon Toyota and ask for Greg!

Greg Nelson