FM Jones and Sons

Makes: Used Car Dealer

Overall Rating N/A

FM Jones and Sons
FM Jones and Sons Info

"Everyone we dealt with was helpful, courteous and..."

Everyone we dealt with was helpful, courteous and knowledegable. I have purchased three vehicles from F.M. Jones and have been completly satisfied with all three. I have referred three of my friends who also made purchases which were financed and found the process quick and simple. I would recommend this dealer to anyone.

Dennis and Dean

"We had been looking for a Honda civic or something..."

We had been looking for a Honda civic or something similar for awhile. We went to FM jones and sons to check out one they had on their lot. We bought it! It was in great shape and they had it completely checked out. The lot Was very clean and not riddled with junk. Our experience with the staff was wonderful as well. Overall we are completely satisfied with our experience and would recommend them to friends and family!!

Michael

"The best advice I can give you is to STAY FAR AWAY FROM..."

The best advice I can give you is to STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE JERKS! I was looking to finance a used car and had been researching what I wanted online for about a month. I found a car (Scion tC) I was very interested in on the FM Jones website. I called and spoke with Dennis about it. He told me that even though the car had a LOT of miles on it, it ran beautifully, the tires were in great shape, it was a great little car. I told him about my credit (which isn't great), exactly what I was willing to put down, and filled out the online application. Dennis called me back and told me they would DEFINITELY be able to get me into the car I wanted, how soon could I come up? I was traveling 170 miles to deal with them, so I wanted to MAKE SURE before I even bothered to make the trip, that I would be leaving in the car I wanted. I spoke with Dennis several times over the next couple of weeks and when things finally slowed down at work, I made the trip to Eugene. The very first thing I noticed about the car was that the tires were going to need to be replaced IMMEDIATELY. I took the car out for a test drive and it drove good. I noticed a few things on the interior that needed to be fixed, but nothing too major. The car was already priced above the KBB price, so I knew that was going to be an issue. Back at the dealership, we began paperwork and the first thing that they did was try to pressure me for a bigger down payment. From the get go, I had told them that I had $1,000.00 to put down. They kept trying to get me to go higher and I told them that there was no way, especially considering that I was going to have to buy brand new tires before I could even drive the car home, and tires for that particular car ran on the expensive side. I got them to lower the price by $500.00 and then the whole financing process began. I waited....and waited...and waited...for THREE hours, I sat and waited while they helped other people and left me in a little cubicle by myself. Finally, Dennis came in, asked me to follow him outside where he showed me a Chrysler 300M, completely NOT the kind of car I was looking for. I said no, refusing to even sit in it, still unsure what was going on. I headed inside, out of the pouring rain, and Dennis disappeared again. Another guy came out, told me he was the sales manager and that the car I had traveled 170 miles to purchase--the car I had been "pre-approved" for and guaranteed that I would be able to leave in--was just "a little bit too much car" and that I needed to come look at a couple of different POS-cars that they had on the lot and were looking to unload. I walked outside with him, glanced at the cars and said NO, I was promised the car that I wanted and I would not be paying for anything less. He showed me another couple of cars, one that I was vaguely interested in. Another customer walked in the door and then all of a sudden, he disappeared and I was left alone again. Mike came out of his little office to talk to me. I mentioned that the other salesman was going to show me this other car, and he waved me off and said, "No, there's no way we are putting you in that car." He then began trying to humiliate me, talking loudly about my poor credit score, my rate of pay and annual income, etc. By this point, I had had enough. I told him exactly where he could shove his opinions and his piece of crap car, and walked out. The next day I went to a wonderful dealership and drove off the lot in a 2009 Honda Civic. I would NEVER recommend FM Jones to ANYONE. They have horrible customer service, they are extremely dishonest, and their cars are all priced WAY above their actual value. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Dennis and Mike

"Just a word of warning to anyone in the market for a used..."

Just a word of warning to anyone in the market for a used car…. FM Jones &Sons Automotive, located at 485 Hwy 99 in Eugene is a horrible place to take your business. Actually, horrible place is a gross understatement. All I can say is beware of these guys. For starters they pull the “well that there sticker, that’s the sale price…we really asking $2000 more than that, but it’s a special deal just for you!” and also rip people off on their trade in. I am not talking about the usual 3-500 below Blue Book most dealers offer, but a full 60% below book!!!! In my case this was a $2000 attempted pencil whipping! They never even appraised my car just said we’ll give you a thousand for it. When I balked and whet to leave I was belittled and yelled at by both the sales person and the sales manager Michael. I have worked in sales for my whole life until I went back to school a few years ago, and I have regrettably worked with some real immoral salesmen, but these guys take the cake. This was by far the worst car buying experience that I have ever had. Oh, and if either of you (Jim or Mike) are reading this…. if you had even been CLOSE to fair I could have taken your belittling comments and accusatory remarks regarding my credit history. However, just because my credit is poor due to circumstances that were way beyond my control does not give you the right to try and make me feel bad when I won’t let you rip me off!!!

Jim & Mike