My Review Of Fitzgerald Annapolis Volkswagen:
We bought a used Jetta here and it was quite the adventure.
Some of the good:
- Everyone is always extremely friendly
- Our VW sales guy seemed to really know the car well
- The service department is middle-of-the-road. They don't seem very skilled but they are eager to please. Prices here aren't as steep as others.
Some of the bad:
- We purchased a 4 year-old pre-owned Jetta that, according to our family mechanic, should not have passed MD State Inspection. We should have checked the car more thoroughly, so we are partially to blame.
- A little over a year later our car needed a $1300 engine repair - nothing was covered by the extended warranty we paid almost $3000 for.
- Don't buy the warranty. See above.
- My biggest complaint: they're impossible to reach once you leave the showroom. Our salesman was supposed to call us back twice regarding some questions we had in the showroom. He never called. The finance manager promised us two calls and we left 5 messages over 6 days. Didn't hear back until we asked for the general manager. We are still dealing with an issue and, as of today, have left a total of 9 messages which have not been returned.
Bottom line, I probably wouldn't recommend buying a car here unless the price is insanely low and you have a high tolerance for annoyances like unreturned phone calls and having to convince the service tech that the horrible noise coming from the engine is not "normal".
Note: I originally posted this under the Frederick Fitzgerald dealership rather than the Annapolis Frederick dealership. I have reposted this here, as this is the correct dealership.
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes | No