Fitzgerald Used Cars

The Used Car Factory

Brookside Motors Inc

joew123
1/02/2013

"I searched online for used car options for my daughter..."

I searched online for used car options for my daughter and quickly found my way to Drew Huona at FitzMall Gaithersburg. Drew was very friendly, professional and most importantly, he listened carefully to the features we needed. He quickly found the perfect car for us. We negotiated a very good price for it, along with a very fair price for my trade-in and we bought it the same day. After the sale, he followed up quickly and professionally. We've had the car for 6+ months now and all is going great. He's a pro and I highly recommend him, his manager John and FitzMall Gaithersburg.

Andrew Huona

Dealee087
12/07/2012

"I went to Fitzgerald Auto Mall back in August when I..."

I went to Fitzgerald Auto Mall back in August when I planned to get a car. I didn't have my license yet, but was in anticipation of getting one. Little did I know I wouldn't receive my license until November. Either way I was excited to start shopping for my new car. I had Thomas who helped me and was an amazing help along with the rest of the salesmen at the dealership. He was very patient and tried his best to accommodate my requests as well as being incredibly patient with me. I looked over various cars, when I finally received my license I went straight down to Fitzgerald to look at a car that was actually at another dealership in Annapolis. I notified Thomas of the car I wished to test drive, and he picked it up that night so that I may test drive it the next morning. I was extremely grateful at the service I received and the quick responses to my requests. In the end I left with a 2008 Ford Focus. I love it. It has little nicks and scrapes in it, which I am taking down to the dealership to be looked at this weekend. Overall I had a wonderful experience at Fitzgerald and I would recommend going to this place for anyone. The people are great, the service is great and they really do try their best to help you in any way possible.

Thomas, John, John B

BurnedInMaryland
12/19/2008

"The Fitzmall inspection program is a joke. I bought a..."

The Fitzmall inspection program is a joke. I bought a 2001 former gov't lease vehicle with low mileage, thinking that I was getting a deal. The radio antennae never worked despite being fixed twice. The overhead light fell from the roof unexpectedly and turned out to be broken ( I had to use tape to keep it from falling down). The window regulators on both front windows went bad within a year (a problem with the Alero, according to a web search). The worst thing is that the rear brake rotors were so bad that the car barely passed inspection and had to be replaced within a few months due to rust. The front rotors had to be replaced this year. After two years of owning the car, any money that I saved up front with the "no haggle" price ended up being spent on repairs that any true "POINT INSPECTION" program would have caught. DO NOT buy a car from them without having an independent inspection first.

Wheaton Fitzmall location

mdisovahere
10/23/2008

"Like many, I used the internet to narrow down some..."

Like many, I used the internet to narrow down some locations to visit. I was looking for a car under $10K and once I got to the dealership, I had the impression Axel, the salesperson, had nothing to hide. I say this because, it is routine for me to have a personal & thorough checklist to inspect cars in my price range (regardless of state required test). The entire time Axel was very helpful and encouraged my evaluation of the car and car history. The car was sound and checked out including during the test drive. Of course, it's time to talk dollars, so I spoke with Cathy, a manager, and Axel. Their very open demeanor and friendly attitude made it easy for me to make a decision. The car was what I was looking for and fit my financed agreement. Cathy suggested seeing if the dealership could find a lower rate for me and that turned out to be the case. The exceptional customer service showed during the following: Being in Maryland for less then 2 months, I lived more than an hour away and worked stricted daytime hours. Cathy and Axel, kept clear/open communication with me and presented me with options on how I could physically get the car. It was as if I had two people on my side doing whatever they could to make it as effortless and as possible as can be. It's one thing to have a team polite and do everything they usually do according to a script (especially before a sale), but it's another to have one team, after the sale, that can do what it takes and have you feel like a valued customer. That is exceptional and says alot about Axel and Cathy, those that hire them at Fitzgerald Auto Mall and hopefully for how business should be done. Think about it, out of all the things you bought today, how many times have you felt like a valued customer? Long story short, it's been four months, and being a Florida Native, Mad Dog (a radio host) would say, "I'm riding around town, with my windows down." Good luck on your search and stick to your budget! (Thanks again Axel & Cathy)

Axel & Cathy

Brighidsseeker
9/05/2008

"Scott was our sales person, answered our email, went out..."

Scott was our sales person, answered our email, went out with us for our test drive. He was friendly, knowledgeable, but definitely the "New Kid on the Block". He had a lot of knowledge about the different options on the Honda Odyssey we were shopping for. He demonstrated them effectively, and in a friendly, entertaining manner. I knew exactly what I wanted, and had a couple of other dealerships expecting us. Between this and CARFAX we went nowhere else. Chris worked with us initially on our loans, but since our credit isn't ideal, the first push wasn't as successful as we would have liked, even with a decent down payment. It was also a holiday weekend. We were hoping for better luck on Monday. In came Howard for the win! We'd spent a little time with Howard on Saturday, and Howard called us on Monday with the good news. We went in to pick up our (new to us) 2001 Honda Odyssey, and sign the paperwork. Howard walked us through the process in a friendly upbeat manner and is definitely who we will call in the future. And we will definitely go back to Fitzgerald for our automotive needs. You might say he is absolutely our hero!! **Please let me note...this is about the USED CAR CENTER!!!!! We had initially stopped at the NEW car center in error. The salesman we spoke to there was pushy, and even tried to take over the used car sale by having the car brought to the new car lot. It was only after we very strongly insisted that we were going to the USED car lot, and wanted to know where it was that our experience turned around. A manager stepped in and gave us directions to the used car center.

Howard, Chris, Scott

homey1
3/27/2008

"The price seemed quite good. However, when I went to..."

The price seemed quite good. However, when I went to pick up the car I bought, they tried to give me an entirely different model of car than the one negotiated we over and reached an agreement for! I ended up having to pay more than we agreed to get the model we negotiated over. Their service is just horrible. They promise to call when a part comes in, but they never call. I have to keep calling them. They say they keep getting the 'wrong parts' in. Worst of all, they damaged the car during my last service and then refused to fix their damage, claiming they had no record of having provided the prior service!!! BEWARE!!!

Salesmen andservice

sharmasunjay
9/01/2006

"i took my new jeep liberty diesel for oil change. this..."

i took my new jeep liberty diesel for oil change. this was the second oil change covered by jeep. the first oil change was done at mt.airy jeep where i had no problem. as soon as i drove off the vehicle i noticed a sluggishness. i suspected somebody put a wrong oil instead of 0w40 synthethic needed. the power drop can only be felt by somebody driving a vehicle everyday. at the end of the day the problem was not acknowledged and i had no way to prove what i was sure of.

CarGuy65
6/12/2004

"Definitely a positive sales experience when I bought my..."

Definitely a positive sales experience when I bought my new Subaru here. I highly recommend this place to anyone. Rob is very patient and extremely helpful. Just stay clear of the woman who tries to sell you add-ons (undercoating, paint protectant, etc.). She is a miserable, nasty human being who will try to steal you blind. She is the only reason why I gave this dealer 4s instead of all 5s. Still, I will not let her self-created misery ruin my overall opinion of Fitzgerald. They have a top-notch staff (with one notable exception).

Rob Friedson and several other folks