Gault Auto Sport BMW

2507 North St., Endicott, New York 13902

Makes: BMW|Service Center

Gault Auto Sport BMW
Gault Auto Sport BMW Info

"I purchased a used vehicle from their sister dealership..."

I purchased a used vehicle from their sister dealership Gault VW in Binghamton NY. I asked Gault BMW to inspect major systems as warranty was expiring. I noticed oil level was going down on long tips and decided to take it to another dealer. This was a car certified and sold by them to another owner. I purchased this car on a trade in at Gault VW in Binghamton at 53,000 miles in 08-2012. Note I never turned on airconditioner. I had Gault BMW service it and asked them to inspect all major systems as warranty was expiring at 60,000 miles. I told them my oil level was low also. After leaving them and paying them 150.00 for inspecting systems, I noticed oil was still low on long trips. I bought this car after warranty expired to another dealer. They said oil was leaking from gasket pan, bolt was over torqued an stripped. My AC unit was not working when I tried it. Then I tried to get it inspected and was failed for loose tie=rod. All of this should have been diagnosed at the time I asked them to look over car. No AC, oil leaking, and can't pass inspection. I traded in car for a new one from Keeler in Albany. Do not buy or get your car serviced at Gault BMW. It is obvious they do not care about yur car only your hard earned money.

steve/ service rep

"The disparity between what the Sales department promises..."

The disparity between what the Sales department promises and what the Service department delivers is a chasm. Purchased a used BMW that they said they knew everything about; that they had performed all the service on the car since new. The car keeps developing significant problems and we have been in and out of the service shop way too many times already. The promise of a loaner BMW is true if you don't mind waiting a couple of months to get the vehicle in to the shop. Took multiple trips to fix an obvious problem. Very disappointed and seriously doubt I will ever buy again nor will I recommend to others. Sad.

Everyone

"My BMW service experience has been horrible! They..."

My BMW service experience has been horrible! They don't seem to pay attention to detail such as making sure the alignment is correctly performed, or the wheel and tire sizes match when installing new equipment. They're more concerned with volume turnover, as opposed to quality of their service. If you're a BMW enthusiast, I would not recommend going here. You might as well take your car to the nearest Kia dealer, and pay less. Generally, BMW centers offer complimentary loaner vehicles, but this dealership takes pride in charging customers $30/day rental fee and forwarding clientele to their in-house Toyota rental center next door. And there is no complimentary rental should you have to send in your car to fix a problem that they failed to address in the first place.

Don't remember

"Very fair and personable service at this small dealer. ..."

Very fair and personable service at this small dealer. Seems to rotate sales managers often but there is a core group there that I have worked with that have been very good to deal with... sales manager started to give me the stereotypical hard sell but he must have been just rotating in from the used car lot. Rich is a good guy, knowledgeable, low pressure, and prices are quite fair (for the record I am one of those people who believe that the dealer needs to make a profit, too, so I'm ok when we split the difference between invoice and sticker 25% to them and 75% of the benefit to me). They also don't play games with marking up money factors, doc fees, etc. Warranty service experiences have been good - loaners are available although require a bit of lead time. Overall I am very happy to deal on a personal basis with a small shop rather than be nameless and faceless at a big dealer (which I have been, elsewhere). I am also happy to be able to negotiate straight up with honest folks who don't try and play games. It doesn't mean that they've always accepted my first offer, but I've been pleased with the final results and upon doing research on deals other folks have gotten I've always felt that I've gotten deals that were at least very fair. Regarding the commenter who gave them low scores on the surveys and complained to BMW NA... I have no information as to your individual situation and whether you were treated fairly or not. Setting that aside, I do know that BMW NA relies extraordinarily heavily on these surveys, and they can have a very meaningful impact to the economics of the dealership and the individuals there. It appears to me to be one of those "Lake Wobegon" systems where you need to be above average, all the time. Check out forums like Bimmerfest, which have the details. Personally, I don't think that it's a good system for anyone, as it makes dealerships far more focused on the survey when they should be focused on giving good service (and I am saying this about all BMW dealers, not just Gault). Given that the dealership is a small one, and if you were giving them 1 out of 9 when they need to hit an 8 average, I can frankly understand them declining to serve you if they came to the conclusion that you were not a customer they would be able to satisfy. I can also understand that you would prefer not to go up to Syracuse; I think a substantial amount of blame lies with BMW NA, their surveys and incentives.

Rich

"Long story short, numerous problems with vehicle they..."

Long story short, numerous problems with vehicle they couldn't fix, and when feedback was given to national BMW headquarters, local dealership wasn't too happy and literally barred me from using them from something as simple as an oil change ( I now travel to Syracuse, NY over 65 miles from Binghamton, NY for service)! Stay far away from Gault. I moved to this area from New York City and have dealt with 3 other BMW dealerships and have had EXCELLENT service, unfortunately, I can't recommend them for service!!!!I also took a claim out with the BBB for those of you whom are interested in learning more about this deplorable dealership.

Chris Obrien

"I needed an extra key for my 2001 325i. Unfortunately, I..."

I needed an extra key for my 2001 325i. Unfortunately, I was out of town away from the dealership that sold me my bmw. I had my dealership use their dealership discount to call Gault which processed the claim for me. Dave was super nice and the entire staff was nice. In the parking lot, some minivan was blocking my exit path and the staff immediately apologized and moved it out the way. I was in college back then so I thought they would treat me with disrespect but they have definately put customer service first.

Dave

"I was interested in buying another BMW. I had used BMW to..."

I was interested in buying another BMW.
I had used BMW to trade
Sales Manager said " You want me to take that piece of junk"
I walked out of dealership.

Service is outstanding however, just Sales is horrible

"Very Small Bmw dealer however I came in the afternoon and..."

Very Small Bmw dealer however I came in the afternoon and they took my car in right away. However they where unable to fix the problem and blamed it on another dealer not even offering to make an appointment to fix it. However they told my they would work with me in the future.

Jean Jensen