Gengras Chevrolet

585 Connecticut Boulevard,
East Hartford, Connecticut 06108
Gengras Chevrolet Info
About Gengras Chevrolet

It all started in the 1930s when Clayton Gengras opened his first Ford dealership on Raymond Road in West Hartford. Clayt went on to become one of the Northeast's most successful Ford dealers. Seventy years later, Gengras Motor Cars is still a family-owned and operated business.

About Gengras Chevrolet

Sunday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Todd_H
3/16/2015

"Happy with a new Volt"

The people at Gengras are always friendly, helpful, and thorough. If anything is not 100% correct, the people at Gengras go out of their way to make it right as soon as it is pointed out to them. For example, I just leased a new Volt and when I got home I discovered that the charging cable was not in the trunk. I called first thing in the morning and within two hours my salesman, Luke Stefanski, had driven to my workplace to hand deliver the missing cable. Outstanding.

northboundlane
2/10/2015

"Lost me in the system"

Slightly mixed review here. Michelle was helpful over the phone and in setting up my test-drive appointment. Travis was knowledgable during my test drive of the Sonic and Cruze and didn’t pressure me much because it was clear I wasn’t even close to being ready to purchase. I appreciated that. But a few days after my test drive, I was asked to make up the appointment I’d missed. I’m not sure how I got lost in the shuffle. Travis also was polite when I emailed him informing him that I bought a car elsewhere, unlike certain other dealers that sent me passive-aggressive replies. I recommend Gengras, but I think they might be a bit disorganized and worry that if I had bought a car from them, they might’ve lost my paperwork.

Gengras Chevrolet responded to this review

February 10, 2015

Amy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Michele and Travis. I apologize that we did not update our system accordingly, and you received an unnecessary call asking to reschedule your appointment. Congratulations on your new vehicle. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future at 860-727-6500 or eschmidt@gengras.com. Eric Schmidt General Manager

Cmusinski
1/10/2015

"Thankful"

So thankful for the amount of time and work put in to find me a replacement car! Can't thank them enough! Highly recommend gengras!

bobsemple
11/20/2014

"Not what I expect from a modern dealership."

I guess I'm a bit old school, but the fact that they don't let you do independent inspections on used vehicles they sell off of their lot is a big minus in my book. I'd really love to take them on their word, but I have been around long enough to know that this isn't how the world works. The positive is they let me know of this up front, so I didn't have to waste my time driving there to look at a car, that's why 2 stars instead of 1.

Secretary and Sales

Kellbell31
10/28/2014

"Awesome dealership "

I have been to several dealerships and by far the best one I have been to. I have had the pleasure of working with Kevyn Santiago and Frank Covington. They were honest and listened to what I was looking for and fufilled my expectations. They actually made the process enjoyable where a lot of dealerships make everything miserable. I am leaving with a new car and a great experience. I will always do my business there.

Kevyn Santiago and Frank Covington

josephine.gutierrez.961
10/13/2014

"Recall 2007 Chevy Malibu "

Very bad service almost sent me home stating a recall was complete and if u didn't argue the point no one but Mr. Page noticed that advisor Seth I putted wrong vin number. Advisor was to busy conversing with a coworker about his weekend with his mother in law

Seth Booth

Keil Merrick
10/09/2014

"the best car buying experience of the 10 cars I have purchas"

The entire process took 5 days and was handled professionally and efficiently. Great sales group and great pricing. Eric was available at any/all hours and was quick in his responses. Having the car delivered to our house saved us time and was greatly appreciated.

smilemtv1
8/26/2014

"Great experience! "

Went into dealership looking to trade my car in. Kevyn Santiago was a great salesman, showed me what I was looking for, catered to what I wanted, very friendly and great customer service. Finance dept, dealt with Franklin Covington, very friendly, courteous and such a great help with financing! And as for the General sales manager, Eric Schmidt, great sales manager. I left with a 2014 Equinox and a great customer service experience. I would definitely refer Gengras as A Customer Friendly and overall great dealership. Melinda Vazquez-Yopp

Kevyn Santiago(sales rep) & Franklin Covington (special finance)

fei0315
8/25/2014

"Awful experience..."

I recently purchased a vehicle at Gengras Chevrolet. It was an awful experience and I won't recommand this dealer to anyone. I want a car that they do not have in stock and they promised me to get one that afternoon. That is why my family and I were waiting there for 3 hours (10:30 to 13:30). But that afternoon they told me that they could not make it and will deliver the car to my place the next morning. Regardless their inefficiency, there are three problems about Gengras Chevrolet: 1. Not being honest. I was told to wait for my vehicle to be delivered at 9:00a.m.. In fact, the car arrived at 4:30 p.m.!!! I had tried to call them more than three times, every time Mr. Gamble told me that he will make sure the car leave in 30 minutes and turns out HIS PROMISES WERE ALL LIES. In the end I have to call the manager to make sure the car will arrive before 4:30 pm. 2. They do not care about their promise to the customer. A.)Mr. Gamble had promised that I can get the plate at the same day but there was NO plate!! He even forgot to tell the driver to leave the plate until the driver called. B.)Mr. Gamble promised to email me the contract so I can drive with a dealer plate. HOWEVER, I already waited for TWO DAYS and he still not email it. 3. Not being responsible. When I complained about that they could not get me the car that afternoon, Mr. Gamble told me that there is nothing he can do. I had to talk to his manager to make sure the car can be delivered the next day. The next day when the fourth time I called to ask about the delay of delivery, Mr. Gamble stopped answering my call. I had to call his manager to help me with this problem.

dojo50
8/21/2014

"fail emissions"

I have been dealing with MR RUBEN CHAUDHRY even so your prices are high I still come back because your customer service is excellent. He make me feel that you guys are high but you do great work to back that up. So I keep coming no matter what thanks. MY CAR IS OLDSMOBILE INTRIQUE YOU DON'T HAVE IT LISTED

Reviews of Ruben Chaudhry