Read Reviews Gengras Kia of East Hartford

77 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Gengras Kia of East Hartford

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Gengras Kia of East Hartford

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Uninformed and useless staff, cant be trusted"

nympymbly
8/24/2014 9:31:25 AM

luis vega

1.8

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

Uninformed and useless staff, that do not keep there word and can't be trusted.

First thing I noticed looking at the car was a dent in the side. "yea not a problem we can get that out before you buy the car" alright I say, but it never happened. then they were going to reimburse me, and eventually stopped responding to email.

I was from out of state, but they ensured me that the registration and taxes would still be able to be taken care of. It was not till i drove all the way there that they said this was not possible after telling me the final price over the phone. This final price had included fees and other charges that Luis vega had initially told me were included in the sticker price.

Worst part was when I finally decided to buy the car, the Manager changed a 4 to a 9 making the sticker price of the car $500 more than advertised. Unfortunately for me I didn't notice until after I signed the paperwork. Since the Manager had left there was nothing the Assistant manager or the salesman could do to change the price, so they claimed. and they would not let me leave with the car unless i payed the full amount. Again ensuring me that the manager would be able to send me a check for the difference.

Maintenance on the car is another thing. I bought my car right after a scheduled service interval. I asked if they had done the required work, at the time they sold it to me the answer was yes, after calling their service center that answer quickly turned to " no we didnt replace that filter, we only are required to do the bare minimum safety features. were not required to perform the scheduled maintenance"

"new car buying"

tpilkin1
8/19/2014 7:38:10 AM

Anthony Diaz

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

The workers were very helpful about choosing my new vehicle.Large inventory to choose from
The whole process went very smoothly .I would strongly tell my friends about this dealer.

Twitter
"The sales person was very nice and friendly but the sales..."

bisgyer
1/18/2014 2:02:13 PM

Tom SalesManager

2.0

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

The sales person was very nice and friendly but the sales manager Tom was cold and quite frankly looked annoyed that I was asking for a lower price on a vehicle that I saw at another dealer but was newer. Made me feel very uncomfortable and after talking to my wife, I left. Would not recommend this dealership at all.

Twitter
"Our car salesman Luis Vega was so professional & very..."

abbier329
12/28/2013 10:11:00 AM

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

Our car salesman Luis Vega was so professional & very knowledgeable. He made our visit to General Kia an overall excellent experience & would highly recommend him to others.

Twitter
"We had a great experience with Luis. He was not pushy,..."

amajek
12/19/2013 10:48:13 AM

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

We had a great experience with Luis. He was not pushy, and did not come across like a "used car salesman." He worked hard to make us comfortable and was very personalbe. Our only problem is that we did not get a second key, and they are about $125.00 to purchase.

Twitter
"My intention was not to buy today, just look. Luis Vega..."

bsimmons123
12/11/2013 9:00:48 PM

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

My intention was not to buy today, just look. Luis Vega greeted me with a low key sales and greeting and had the perfect car for me with all the xtra ementies included. His demeanor was beyond personable with extrordnary sence of caring. very smart young man, with incredible people skills, which i believe would be a great value to this company. Thank you, for the opportunity to deal with a extrodrinary sales person like Luis Vega, I am confident that he will be successful with this company.

Twitter
"This is the first time I was at Kia and bought a 2014 Kia..."

Michaelene
12/10/2013 4:04:24 PM

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

This is the first time I was at Kia and bought a 2014 Kia Sorento. We were very pleased with the service we received from our sales rep, Luis Vega, as well as the other managers (Tom, Matt and Michael). Thank you all.

Twitter
"I started my car search on-line and after sending in an..."

moranste
12/6/2013 3:18:14 PM

Rinda Shaham

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

I started my car search on-line and after sending in an inquiry I was contacted by a representative who patiently waited a couple of weeks for me to commit to an appointment at Gengras Kia. I was early for my appointment with a finance representative to see what my loan options are, but was helped right away by Luis Vega, who ended up finding the perfect SUV for me! My experience at Gengras Kia was the best. There was no pressure to buy a car, no stress, and no judgment. I have a few bumps in my credit history and I was terrified to go to a dealership to see if I would get approved for a loan. While at Gengras Kia I never felt embarrassed or judged; I felt like the whole team genuinely wanted to help, especially Luis. He only showed me vehicles I could potentially afford, and did not try to push me out of my comfort zone or into a car/SUV I really did not want. This dealership is a prime example of teamwork and helping each other out to get the customer what they want. Between management - finance - and sales I was able to get the SUV I wanted at a price I could afford. I highly recommend Gengras Kia - and Luis Vega.

Twitter
"My husband and I went to Gengras Kia looking to either..."

frustrated_customer
11/24/2013 10:14:55 AM

2.2

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

My husband and I went to Gengras Kia looking to either lease or purchase a Kia Optima or Cadenza. We met with a sales representative who was very nice, helpful and informative. He took us for a test drive on both cars. When it was time to discuss pricing, we went inside where we waited while our rep conferred with Matt Brierton for pricing. The pricing that came back on the vehicles (both in leasing and in purchasing) was astronomical. When I expressed concern that the pricing on these vehicles were extremely high and asked how we could bring this down, I received no alternative options or suggestions. In fact, I had to ask multiple times for pricing on a "cheaper" Optima before I finally received a price - which was still WAY too high WITH $2,000 down. I explained that we currently drive a Mercedes at a significantly lower lease payment so it would not make sense to switch from Mercedes to Kia at this pricing, still we received no suggestions or alternatives. We ultimately walked out of there feeling very disappointed and at a loss for words - why was it that the marketing on Optimas and Cadenzas were making it seem like these cars were affordable, but the experience we just had clearly proved that they weren't?? We decided that perhaps there was just something about the people we dealt with at Gengras Kia, and that maybe we should try another location. Based on reviews we saw online, we drove to Wallingford to Executive Kia. Long story short, we walked out of Executive Kia with a 36 month lease (no $$ down) for a new 2014 Cadenza at a significantly lower price than had been quoted to us before. It turned out that the options we were looking for in a car (leather, bluetooth, heated seats), came stock on the base Cadenza model, a fact that no one at Gengras had ever mentioned to us. So we were being quoted prices on the top Cadenza model with the technology package, when we didn't need all that "stuff". But the curious part is, when I expressed concern over the pricing, why wasn't this mentioned to me? Why wasn't a suggestion made that we remove certain packages? In fact I asked the question, "is there a package on here we can get rid of?" and I was told, "we don't do packages, it just comes with this model". I guess Gengras Kia preferred to lose a customer than to offer a less expensive alternative to a couple that was thinking about shifting from a "competitor" in a market Kia is trying to break into (with the Cadenza). I put "competitor" in quotes because it remains to be seen whether Kia is really in that market at all. By this customer service, I think not. On a positive note, Wallingford Executive Kia was fantastic.

Twitter
"So l went there on 11/16/13 and after putting $100 for..."

Missphyll
11/20/2013 7:35:47 PM

3.0

My Review Of Gengras Kia of East Hartford:

So l went there on 11/16/13 and after putting $100 for them to process my purchase on Monday, I received a call from the sales person on Monday saying I'm all set and can pick up the sportage. So l went over put down $2000, signed the necessary documents and had to go back to work so l told them l will be picking it up on Wednesday with which they said it was ok. I got a call Wednesday morning and wow!! I can't pick the car because it has been sold to Kia about a month ago!!!! What!!! So they told me they are going to get me the exact car and will call me by the end of the day to let me know when that will be but " you should be able to pick it up by Thursday." Its 7:30pm and no call whatsoever . I'm just trying my hardest to keep cool until Thursday 11/21/13........ To be continued.

Reviews 11-20 >>