Germain Mazda - Service Center

Germain Mazda - Service Center
4330 Morse Road,
Columbus , OH 43230
Germain Mazda Info
Is this your Service Center?
Is this your Service Center?
About This Service Center | Hours | Amenities

About Germain Mazda

Germain has been serving the Columbus area for 65 years and is proud to now represent Mazda. At Germain Mazda, the foundation is great selection and premier service every time, we guarantee it. As the only dedicated Sales and Service Mazda facility in Columbus, it is our mission to to take exceptional care of our customers, and to build long term relationships that keep our clients coming back.

12 Service Center Reviews
1964lmh
2/29/2016

"Follow through is the mark of an excellent dealership "

I purchased my 2014 Mazda 3 in May of the same year. The service department and personnel are consistent in how the regard the customer weather on a day of the sale or years after. Recently, I had an issue with my navigation system. It didn't work. It should work, and it should work all the time flawlessly as far as I am concerned, especially when I am paying on it as part of the car. I have zero tolerance for technology that does not work. I downloaded the update three times before I went into Mazda and it took hours. Afterwards, I would get a message, "1 download is available." I gave up, I inserted the SD card and the map came up as it should. Days later the map goes blank, the nav system is useless. I stop by to see Rusty and ask him about it. He juggles what he is doing to look into the matter. He sits down with me and we go into MyMazda.com. Rusty asks me pointed questions about the steps I have taken, then proceeds to download the new update at his desk on his computer. We wait. We have a successful download. I then insert the SD card, the map shows up and everything works. Days later it goes out again. I go into service and they set up an appointment to look into the matter while I have an oil change. Weeks later during my oil service I am told to call a 1-800 number to Tom Tom, but then the number is to Mazda support. The dealership does not have the authority for a fix. I double check with the Sonny, General Manager to make him aware of the ongoing difficulties I have experienced trying to get this fixed. He then talks to service, calls the Mazda support number asks me to pull the car out of the service garage, gets in the car with me while on the phone advocating in my behalf. We had to reset the nav system, and it works just fine. My point here is this is team work and the buck stops with the Sonny, General Manager who will if need be, become personally involved to seek remedy. Now that is follow through. This experience is from a customer who purchased a car years ago. It doesn't get any better than this. I may desire a different brand car at some point, but I will always want this attention to detail and overall support and service. It makes all the sense in the world to me to stay at Germain Mazda. Thank you Team Germain

March 01, 2016

We love it when customers share stories like yours for everyone to see! Sometimes the technology in these new vehicles can be a bit frustrating, and that's exactly why having that human assistance at a dealership you know, trust, and love is so important. We're so happy that everyone was able to team up on this and get everything sorted for you. Thanks again for such a wonderful review!

jwelsh
2/17/2016

"Bo Stranzin is great!"

I just bought a new Mazda Cx-5 from Terry and Bo at Germain. Sales experience was good. But what really impressed me was 2 months after I got the car I needed help getting my license plate on and I had a scratch that I wanted touched up. Bo helped me with all that, he scheduled time for me to see the paint guy, then when i got there he took the car and put the plate on, got it washed and touched up super quick for me as I was on my lunch break. He made me feel taken care of. Thanks to Bo I will tell everyone to go to Germain and to him!

March 01, 2016

Bo loved working with you and getting you set up in your CX-5! We believe strongly that the relationship between ourselves and our customers lasts well after you've pulled off the lot. We're so happy that we could be of service taking care of that scratch! Thank you for the review!

Mstemen15
10/28/2015

"Comfortable and Enlightening "

Rusty explained to me how my car works, while demonstrating a great deal of patience for my lack of car knowledge. He not only has a charismatic personality that makes you feel welcome, but educated me further into his scope of practice.

October 30, 2015

We believe that a great car buying experience doesn't end with your signature on a line. We want you to know how to use your new vehicle to ensure that you get the most out of it and feel comfortable with your purchase. We're so happy to hear that you felt welcomed and assured by Rusty's demonstration of your cars cool new tech!

Mazdalvr
9/23/2015

"Worst service ever "

Dealer lost the record of recommended service from a previous appointment and then charged me to figure out what was wrong with my car despite it being exactly what they recommended in a previous visit. Also laughed at me and spoke in a condescending way to me when I told him the symptoms of what was wrong with my car and told me a car couldn't do that, only to find out from the technician that indeed yes, that is exactly what goes wrong when this part fails. Unethical, condescending, person who liaisons with customers does not know much about cars, and they are careless with paperwork.

Jim

September 30, 2015

We're so disappointed to hear that you feel you had a bad experience in our service department. Our service director Kyle has reached out to you to learn more about your situation. Thank you for the feedback.

WhiskeyLuvn35
6/11/2015

"Awesome!"

Great service and they are willing to make you happy! Feels like family! We had a very good experience buying a Mazda CX5! Rusty is awesome!

1964lmh
9/26/2014

"My recent service experience"

Since my purchase five months ago I have driven 10,000 miles. Mazda builds an excellent car but the experience of owning a Mazda needs to match the same attention to detail baked into the vehicle. My 3 is advertised for getting 39 mpg highway. Recently, I had a pleasing 38 mpg on the highway, if my memory is right 444.7 miles on 11.7 gallons of fuel made my day. This would not have been likely if I had not maintained my service appointment for an oil change. The Mazda app and my continued relationship at the dealership made it easy. What I like most about the car's performance this month is that it was up to the task of me being pressed into service with twelve hour days in several cities in Ohio. The car responded superbly on the highway. This experience is the type of performance I need in my line of work. Mind you, I did not hyper mile my way to 38 mpg, I drove this car with a sense of purpose. I like that Mazda service has proven dependable and the sales team continues to follow through, even Bo Stranzin, who didn't sale me anything, but he took the time to answer questions about how to download an update for my nav system. He could have passed the buck. My experience would not be what it is today if professionals like Rusty, Jim, Kyle and Jeremy didn't take the time to consistently explain to me how the electronics work in the car, how to utilize the Mazda app and how to tie in my service schedule so the process remains simple. It also means a lot to me that Jim and Kyle will help me keep my car clean. A clean car is important and necessary because it represents the best of who you intend to be to others. Many times I have looked better because they have taken the time to help me in this area no matter how busy. This speaks volumes in the pride that they take in service to me and presumably others. I am very fortunate to be treated so kindly, many are paid to do so, few live up to this standard. I find the service department seen and unseen, must absolutely believe in this way. What makes this dealership stand out from the folks down the road is this team. I appreciate the team making me feel like family.

September 29, 2014

We are so appreciative that you took the time to share your story with us. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that every customer has an experience like the one you have described. Your passion for Mazda is evident, and we are trilled that your 3 is living up to your expectations. It is customers like you that make us love what we do! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to many more (fuel efficient) miles with you.

SC89
4/10/2014

"Excellent customer service"

Several months ago I started coming to Germain Mazda for service on my 2012 Mazda3 and I've been coming back ever since. Kyle and Jim in the service dept are outstanding, they get what it means to provide excellent customer service! Today I was there to have a vehicle inspection as I'm thinking about selling my mazda3. Kyle was great to work with and I met the general manager Sonny. They both took the time to review the inspection report with me and to explain what my car is worth. If you're looking to buy an mazda or have your mazda serviced I highly recommend Germain Mazda. The provide outstanding, quality service that can't be beat! Thank you, Steve

Jim

April 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service department. We are happy that Kyle, Jim and Sonny are taking great care of you. Your recommendation is truly appreciated. See you next time!

bder326
2/07/2014

"I have only had extremely positive experiences with the..."

I have only had extremely positive experiences with the people of Germain Mazda. Kyle Barger, especially, has gone above and beyond, offering top notch customer service. He and his team are friendly, prompt, detailed and they provide stellar work. I highly recommend their service center to other friends/Mazda owners. Thank you, Kyle & team, for such a positive experience.

February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Kyle and our service team. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed the service you have received at Germain Mazda and truly appreciate your recommendation!

h311
1/21/2014

"Needed service, some misc. parts (floor mats, front..."

Needed service, some misc. parts (floor mats, front license plate bracket, etc.) and a local home for a used Mazda I had purchased out of state, wanted to give Germain 1st try given their local reputation and representation. Have had experience with the "other" big name in town on the Ford side of their business, and just never felt my business really mattered. On the parts side Justin was great, very knowledgeable and informative. I would prefer to support local businesses and he worked with me to get with in a few dollars of total online prices (cost + shipping) being very fair, and his knowledge has value also. I had scheduled my service appointment online (really like this service/feature) and Jim greeted me by first name as I stepped out of my car. Had a small electrical problem (previous car owner, not Germain's or Mazda's fault) which was diagnosed and corrected same day allowing me to pick up my car that evening for a cost I felt was reasonable. Included was their Mazda Full Circle Inspection at no additional charge, as I had recently purchased this car used and my son will be driving mostly, really appreciated this and the feedback on the car. Only disappointment is they forgot to install the front plate bracket, not a big deal as they were not charging me for it and have done it before (don't you hate drilling into a perfectly good bumper to hang a ugly tag on it just so there is an aiming point for the speed check :), just felt great about the offer and "extra service" and disappointed with the execution. Summary: Everyone I encountered, email, phone, & in person was friendly, seemed to be enjoying what they do, and genuinely happy that I was in the dealership. Very pleased with the service department professionalism, cleanliness, and work on the important aspects of why the car was there (electrical & safety). Prices were reasonable, competitive, and in line with wanting to earn my business for the long term. I will most certainly go back and recommend this dealership, service, and parts department top others.

Justin Messenger, James Parrott

January 27, 2014

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service department and that our staff took great care of you. We are disappointed to learn that we forgot to install the plate bracket and will certainly make it right next time! Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

stephanotis
9/14/2013

"Each time I see Jim Parrott he is always in a good mood,..."

Each time I see Jim Parrott he is always in a good mood, friendly, and easy to chat with. I came in to have my Mazda Miata serviced. Trusting Jim's opinion from previous dealings with him, I let him know I might be looking for a truck. I talked with him about my needs and he recommended several truck options. After my Miata was serviced Jim hooked me up with Damon. I was able to trade my car in and drive home in a brand new truck the same day. I am so thankful for Jim's expertise and the time he took to help me with the different truck options that could meet my needs. I ended up with the Nissan Frontier. Great, great truck. Thank you Jim for your help and guiding me to a superior truck. Laura P.

Jim Parrott

September 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Laura. We are happy that Jim and Damon got you into the truck you were looking for. Enjoy!

Get a Recall Alert

Create an automatic alert when there is a recall on your vehicle.
Create an Alert

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.