Gillman Subaru San Antonio

Gillman Subaru San Antonio Info

Austin Subaru

Moco
5/27/2015

"**INFLATED PRICES served with MEGA poor Customer Service**"

Just experienced the WORST OF THE WORST BS that is Gillman Subaru at it's finest. Wanted to buy a new 2015 BRZ LIMITED that turned out to be a Dealer car with a few hundred miles & possibly some new wheels. FIRST and foremost, they wanted approximately $3500 over the MSRP in which NO ONE should ever consider paying MSRP Sticker price. I found out the car was INVOICED @ approximately $ 27,500, WTH Gillman Subaru? I highly recommend that EVERYONE AND ANYONE that would consider doing new business with Gillman Subaru or ANY other dealer, ask for the INVOICE BEFORE any consideration, IF they DO NOT PRODUCE an actual INVOICE, PLEASE stand up & walk out. Gillman Subaru seems to produce an imaginary INFLATED price without producing an AUTO INVOICE to see clearly what the dealers cost to buy that specific auto. ** So to make it easy for anyone thinking about a NEW auto purchase** !!!!!!DO THE FOLLOWING & ASK FOR THE DEALERS INVOICE TO VERIFY THE ACTUAL PRICE PLUS OPTIONS!!!!!!!! *** If Gillman Subaru is unwilling to produce an actual dealer INVOICE, you DO NOT know what kinda INFLATED PRICES Gillman Subaru is definitely offering you, know your rights CONSUMERS!!!!! I GIVE GILLMAN SUBARU NO STARS for poor customer service, huge INFLATED prices & let's no forget the DEEP BS at its FINEST they throw at you, the "uneducated" consumer.. **** REMEMBER TO ASK FOR DEALER INVOICE BEFORE ANY TALK, LOOK IT OVER, SEARCH FOR 2 columns,*** ** MSRP** >>> Don't even think about paying that price!!!!!!!!! ** Dealer Costs* Is ALWAYS lower than *MSRP* !!! I highly recommend any San Antonio based Subaru dealers for HONEST rates that will produce a real paper INVOICE, You don't have to travel to Selma for an awesome deal, unless you want to pay INFLATED PRICES & consider yourself a MORON because Gillman Subaru expects you to bow to them without producing actual,true INVOICE. Rodney L. ( Highly recommend North Park Subaru on San Pedro Street. for HONEST INVOICE pricing , Awesome Customer service , shoot you straight answers to your questions and let's Not forget, Awesome & Kind people with Positive attitudes and results. Ask for Albert Rocha,a polite,respectful gentleman with real answers the best customer service a consumer can and will receive from North Park Subaru. Remember, they are a few dealers apart from GILLMAN SUBARU in SAN ANTONIO that will respect the consumer without trying to EXTORT money from UNEDUCATED consumers, which any cusumer that walks in to any Gillman Dealers lot will acquire even before you open your eyes and ears to hear the HUGE BS greeting your person. ** Know your rights CONSUMERS! Ask for dealers INVOICE!! NO ACTUAL INVOICE, WALK AWAY & RUN! ** Had to give 1 Star because it would not let me Submit my experience without one. ** Negative Stars sounds about right for Gillman Subaru and/or any Gillman organization**

Joshua Delgado & whomever his sales manager might be this week.

CJMart
4/05/2015

"Terrific car purchasing experience!"

We recently purchased a 2015 Subaru Forester from Gillman Subaru. Everything about the experience was easy and stress free. There was no haggling over the price and we were offered a deal that was exactly in the price range we were looking for. They even delivered the car to us when we were unable to get back to pick it up. I would highly recommend this dealership for your next car buying experience.

Elias

davidlgilmer
4/22/2014

"BS with an Attitude"

A couple of months ago I took our '12 Outback in for an oil change. The service writer tried to tell me I had to have synthetic oil, a plain contradiction of the owners' manual. I didn't buy it. Fast forward to this week with another oil change due and a minor concern about a possible CV joint noise. My wife called, the service writer told her we weren't using synthetic motor oil - implying that was the problem. I got on the line and he told me that, plus there would be a $115 diagnosis fee on a vehicle still under factory warranties! I made an appointment I had no intention of keeping, and I went to North Park Subaru instead, where I was treated honestly and courteously (with no profit-pumping synthetic oil recommendation). DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS AT GILLMAN! They also show all the signs of a mechanic taking particular advantage of female customers.

Service Writer

Jessa1200
11/18/2013

"Awesome Sales Rep Josh was very knowledgable about all..."

Awesome Sales Rep Josh was very knowledgable about all Subaru options. He took the time to understand my needs and worked to help me get in the best vehicle for me!!! At the end of the day I am a proud owner of a beautiful red XV Crosstrek! Thank you Josh for such a great car buying experience.

Josh Gutierrez

RaulGuerrero
11/13/2013

"Had a great experience buying my 2014 WRX. I worked with..."

Had a great experience buying my 2014 WRX. I worked with Anthony to purchase and I felt I got a great deal. I shopped around for a few weeks and I received more attentive service and a better deal at Gillman Subaru than what North Park offered.

Anthony DeLaPaz

Bmichelle
10/05/2013

"I recently traded in my 2011 Chevy Cruze for a Jeep..."

I recently traded in my 2011 Chevy Cruze for a Jeep Liberty. The process was quick and easy. My sales rep Steve S. Stayed in contact before I met him and was a big help, he showed me the car I was looking for and also got me a good deal for my trade in. He was also very informative of the trade in and finance process. He and the finance manager Nick S. helped me to stay within my budget for car payments and worked hard to get it as low as possible. They also allowed me and my husband to take the car home overnight to make sure we liked it and we loved it! Usually I don't feel comfortable with car salesmen because of the fear of being ripped off but these guys were a great help and I have already recommended them. My husband is also looking to trade in his vehicle, so we will definitely be back. If you're looking into getting a new car, visit Gillman Mitsubishi. Steve and Nick can definitely help you out!

Steve and Nick

Lee281
10/02/2013

"Quite frankly these guys are amazing. My Outback has..."

Quite frankly these guys are amazing. My Outback has almost 200,000 miles on it, and runs like it just drove off the lot. If you could find a more knowledgeable and helpful staff I would be stunned. If you bring your car to these guys you will never regret it.

Steven Hu

bogdancristi8110
9/23/2013

"As I promissed, here is my review regarding the service..."

As I promissed, here is my review regarding the service for oil change last friday. Again, not sure why people complain so much, I'm sure everyone's experience is different, however, I went there to get the oil changed, they told me it will take about 45 minutes...45 minutes later the car was ready, so i didnt have to wait more than estimated. It's a new car so I didnt pay anything, I get 2 free oil changes per year and free car wash, so great price.

can't remember

bogdancristi8110
9/20/2013

"Went there to buy a brand new Impreza WRX, bought it, and..."

Went there to buy a brand new Impreza WRX, bought it, and I am completly satisfied. Now, for those individuals who keep complaining about the prices especially and the fact that they went there (or any other dealership for that matter), and didnt get what they wanted or what they expected, here are a few words for you. Please open your eyes and don't be naive, it is a dealership, thus a business, their main goal is to take your money. Of course they are not going to offer you what you want on your trade, of course they are going to give you a big price on a car, of course they are going to try and fluff up your monthly payment, they need your money. This is just common sence and I don't believe they are accurate reviews of what a delearship offers. For example, like I said in the begining, I wanted a 2013 Impreza WRX, I went there, and I got it...yes for a bit higher price than I expected, but, I was completly honest with them, I told them for me what matters is the monthly payment, and that I didnt care about the actual price nor the interest rate. You know what happen then? Mike and the finance guy whose name I forgot, did what they did, and I got the car for about $100 less a month than I expected, and an insanely low interest rate considering I am farily new to America and my credit is not yet built. I will share it with you, so my previous car I got a 23% interest rate, on this new WRX i got 3.8%, I would say that is a major success, and why? Because I was honest and didnt waste their time of haggling with them or complaining. I told them what I was there for and they gave me a better deal than expected. And yes, for my trade they underpaid almost $1000, but that car needed major repairs, and I believe overall it was a great experience. Today I am going for my 3,000 mile oil change, and we will see how that goes. I have seen bad reviews on the technical department, so after my experience I will share it again here.

Mike and the finance guy...forgot his name

rodric5
8/27/2013

"Me and my fiancé went to Gillman Subaru to purchase..."

Me and my fiancé went to Gillman Subaru to purchase a 2009 Subaru STI. We were wanting to trade in our 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, we knew going in we were going to roll over some negative equity, but we were prepared for it and saving to purchase our first home. The new care payments and just saving in gas would really help us a lot. Customer service was alright, the sales rep was a really honest young boy and polite. Right off the back the rep advised us that they had sent the vehicle to auction and that it was aggressively priced. This was not our first rodeo and could tell that this used vehicle asking price was way too high for the kind of condition it was in, plus my fiance could do all the repairs needed. Everything was going okay till the bid for our traded in vehicle. Our vehicle s highest bid was 30K. The sales rep had advised us that CarMax is a really good company that would give us the most for the vehicle and that they would purchase the vehicle at CarMax s appraisal then sale to CarMax and would still be able to roll over the little negative equity we would incur. WRONG!!!! We both used out lunch hour from work the following day to go all the way to CarMax on the other side of town. The appraisal was a lot higher and we were pleased. But when we reached out to the sales rep to let him know what we got for it, he said he needed to talk it over with his manager and discuss it with him. He then called back stating that his manager told him they did not do that anymore. When asked then what was the point of even having that done, he had no answer and mumbled the whole time. That option should have never been offered since it would take us no where. All employees should be on the same page and if an approval needs to be made, it should be made prior to potential customers wasting their time. Very unpleased with the experienced provided by this dealership and it was a complete waste of our time. Not to mention their lack of honest when it comes to the pricing of vehicles they are just trying to get rid of.They made an exciting new purchase and overall lifted burden come out to be a complete inconsiderate slap in the face.

Michael

Gillman Subaru San Antonio responded to this review

August 28, 2013

Rodric5, We research the market value of every vehicle that we attempt to trade. We realize that for us to sell a new or used vehicle most times there is a trade involved and we need to be competitive on the trade value. In a rare situation when a customer is not satisfied with our appraisal we may recommend they get a second opinion. Most times it validates our estimate but occasionally it does not. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you, Paul Wendell