Glens Falls Toyota

Glens Falls Toyota

Call
Glens Falls Toyota Info
About Glens Falls Toyota

Glens Falls Toyota & Scion is a family owned, single point Toyota/Scion dealership serving the North Country of Upstate New York since 1972. We sell new Toyotas and Scions, have an extensive Parts Department and an excellent Service Department. Please give us a try!!! Thanks, Howard Lebowitz President Glens Falls Toyota & Scion

About Glens Falls Toyota

• (comp. loaner vehicles for customers who purchased from Glens Falls Toyota)
bobnlin
12/06/2014

"Excellent!"

We just purchased a 2014 Tundra pickup truck from this dealer. We have purchased 2 Corollas, 2 Highlanders and 3 Tundra pickups from them over the years. We have always worked with Gabrielle Smith on all of our purchases. We consider Glens Falls Toyota to be the best dealer we have ever worked with. We have had fantastic experience with all the Toyota vehicles we have owned over the years. We have been treated very fairly with all of the deals we've received in purchasing our Toyota vehicles at this dealership. There is never any high pressure sales pitch and they always go the extra mile for every detail that is important to us. All from switching out our snow plow to the new vehicle, re-installing our tonneau cover, ordering the rubber mats we wanted, re-installing our cargo net, even on one of our truck purchases, switching out a specific mirror we wanted. Little details mean a lot to us along with their friendliness, timeliness of closing the deal, taking care of all the paperwork and sending us off with a full tank of gas too. Gabrielle always does an excellent job working with us. We aren't real tech savy, so she spends a lot of time getting us on track with setting up our phones for "Bluetooth", giving us a one-on-one tour of all the gadgets in our new vehicles and especially helping us get started with our new GPS in this newest truck. Every purchase we have made working with Gabrielle has been smooth, quick and we've always been satisfied with the deal we get. We are also most happy with the service department over the years. It is simply excellent! They always accommodate our busy schedule for our service needs. We really can not say enough good things about our experience with this dealership. We've worked with them for many years and everything with them is excellent! There are other dealerships closer to us that we had bad experiences with. But, thankfully, we found Glens Falls Toyota and have never had a bad experience again and we don't intend to ever go to any other dealer.

Jim Stegman, Paul Wilkins

mark meringolo
11/25/2014

"Worst ever beware!!"

Honestly I am shocked by the high reviews of this website. I never do reviews but I was compelled to do it this time. People should be warned that they will be lied to and cheated and stolen from. I will list 3 different instances. 1) I was calling around looking for the best deal I could get on tires for my Toyota tundra. I called this Toyota dealership and they gave me a price that was 250.00 more for the same 4 tires than the lia Toyota in albany which is a great dealership by the way.. I told this dealer that they were 250 more and they said the price was the price and they would not match albany and I should go there if I want that price! What? Wow!! They also said they don't work with other Toyota dealerships like most do. If I wanted to get special treatment I should have bought my truck at their place! I couldn't beleive it. Now I did not number these instances in the order they happened just so you know. 2) last winter it snowed a lot and I was lazy so I just let the wipers push the snow away. Well it broke the wipers / motor. What I didn't know then was that the wipers have a mechanism where they tighten up and stop working if they have to much stress on them or weight from snow. They lied and told me the whole motor had died and that it needed to be replaced AND it was not covered under my expensive 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I was too far away from albany and I needed to work the next day so I let them " fix it" but I kept the broken parts. 3) I broke my antenna off in the car wash and went to them to have it changed. I figured no big deal right. Quick easy fix it just unscrews . They told me it was a really bad place for the brake and that they probably would be able to get it out easily and I would need an entire new antenna mechanism or something like that and it would cost me like 200.00. I sat for 2 hours waiting for my repair and then they came to me and showed me some scratches on the area where they had tried to grab it and remove it but they couldn't get it so I was in for another expensive repair of something that seemed to be very inexpensive and easy. Finally I had had enough. I took my truck down to Kia Toyota in albany and told them what had been going on. Lia explained that the motor on my wipers was perfectly fine and even if it had not been its was 100 percent covered by my warranty. They then showed me how to easily fix it within like 2 minutes with a wrench if it ever happened again. They also removed and fixed the antenna in a matter of less than 5 minutes and they directed me to where I could get a tool that costs a couple of bucks to remove antenna from then on when using drive thru wash. It literally take 10 seconds to remove and put back on. They apologized for the dishonesty and horrible practices of the glens falls Toyota and recommended I file complaints with the dmv and better business bureau. I await the results. I feel most people that reviewed this dealership positively either do not know much about fixing vehicles which is fine or they were asked to give good reviews so the place could get more business. It's not a coincidence when you have 3 bad experiences..for those of you who don't want to travel all the way to albany, there is a Toyota dealership in saratoga. Maybe give them a shot but honestly you are being lied to and ripped off at this dealership even if you don't realize it.

Not sure of names

December 02, 2014

Glens Falls Toyota said on 11/27/2014 08:50 AM Although our goal is 100% customer satisfaction, we sometimes fail. It is obvious from this review that we failed to live up to this customer’s expectations. As the replacement of the wiper transmission was approximately nine months ago, we reviewed the repair order and spoke to the Service personnel, who remembered the encounter. We replaced the wiper transmission as it has been our experience that simply putting it back together after it has come apart (the customer turned the wipers on while there was still an accumulation of ice and snow on the windshield), the repair will not be long term. The parts and labor (a little over $300) were covered by the customer’s extended warranty. As the warranty that the customer purchased had a $50 deductible (not sold by us), that is the total that was collected by us. At some point after that, the customer had a differing opinion offered by another Toyota dealer. In terms of our not being able to remove the broken piece of his antenna from the antenna base, we apologized at the time. We are glad he found someone who was successful in removing the broken base of the antenna mast so he only needed to purchase a new mast. When Toyota sells a new mast (and also in new Tundras) the Factory now provides a plastic tool for the easy removal of the antenna mast so it will not break in an automated carwash, as happened in this case. The third problem described, that he called us for a tire quote and we were at a higher price than another Toyota dealer, I cannot speak to as I was not on the call, and have no idea what brand of tire, parts and labor, tax? etc. was quoted. We believe trust is very important in a service relationship, and we are glad that this customer has found another Toyota dealer that he trusts where he can go for future service needs. We have a 96% satisfaction rate (or at least had) on Dealerrater.com, so obviously this review falls in the 4% unfavorable.

November 27, 2014

Although our goal is 100% customer satisfaction, we sometimes fail. It is obvious from this review that we failed to live up to this customer’s expectations. As the replacement of the wiper transmission was approximately nine months ago, we reviewed the repair order and spoke to the Service personnel, who remembered the encounter. We replaced the wiper transmission as it has been our experience that simply putting it back together after it has come apart (the customer turned the wipers on while there was still an accumulation of ice and snow on the windshield), the repair will not be long term. The parts and labor (a little over $300) were covered by the customer’s extended warranty. As the warranty that the customer purchased had a $50 deductible (not sold by us), that is the total that was collected by us. At some point after that, the customer had a differing opinion offered by another Toyota dealer. In terms of our not being able to remove the broken piece of his antenna from the antenna base, we apologized at the time. We are glad he found someone who was successful in removing the broken base of the antenna mast so he only needed to purchase a new mast. When Toyota sells a new mast (and also in new Tundras) the Factory now provides a plastic tool for the easy removal of the antenna mast so it will not break in an automated carwash, as happened in this case. The third problem described, that he called us for a tire quote and we were at a higher price than another Toyota dealer, I cannot speak to as I was not on the call, and have no idea what brand of tire, parts and labor, tax? etc. was quoted. We believe trust is very important in a service relationship, and we are glad that this customer has found another Toyota dealer that he trusts where he can go for future service needs. We have a 97% satisfaction rate (or at least had) on Dealerrater.com, so obviously this review falls in the 3% unfavorable.

UNHAPPY!
11/18/2014

"*** "Certified" wreck ***"

Bought a "Certified"," never before been in an accident", vehicle from them at book value. One month later, found out the vehicle WAS in a prior accident. After PROVING prior accident to them, they appraised vehicle $7,300.00 lower than what they sold it to me for, a month earlier. They refused to refund me any money for the corrected vehicle value, laughingly saying "Buyer Beware".

November 26, 2014

We are never pleased that a customer is dissatisfied, and we never laugh at a customer’s distress. We did sell this customer a Certified Toyota vehicle, and part of the certification process is getting a Carfax report. The report on this vehicle indicated no history of accident damage, was the only source of such information we had, and we shared the report with the customer. The vehicle was in like-new condition and the customer was pleased with it. Unfortunately, he had an accident with the car shortly after his purchase, and while his insurance company processed their “adjustment” they reported the vehicle had been previously repaired, in contrast to the Carfax report. Regardless of the alleged prior repair, it was clear that the vehicle was now damaged, which would be reflected on a current Carfax report. While we made efforts to find a solution to the situation for this customer, including options for him to trade his vehicle at no profit for us, he found none acceptable. Our 97% positive experience rating reflects that we usually are successful in pleasing our customers. We regret that we could not satisfy this customer.

maryridd
11/12/2014

"the BEST dealership around"

My transition from old car to new was seamless, quick and painless. I have never met friendlier people in the business. Scott was incredibly knowledgeable and more than accommodating for me and for what I was looking for. Larry was so kind and professional. He made sure everything was what I wanted (including the flavor of jam). I was treated so well, you would think I was family or something! I am so incredibly elated with my 2005 Toyota Avalon, it is the perfect fit for myself, my pup and my life. Thank you so much Glens Falls Toyota!!

Scott Blaauboer

lois.hellman.7
11/09/2014

"Great experience"

From our first trip to the dealership to the day we drove our 2014 Camry Hybrid (with 2 miles on the odometer) out of the lot. We never had a complaint. Tina was helpful, courteous, patient and professional - as was every other person we encountered. We are still learning about our first new car in way-too-many years, but we know we can drop by whenever we need help. We are confident that we made a good decision.

service manager - sorry, I do not recall his name.

MikeMcE

"My New Truck"

My wife did all the work, I just signed the paperwork. Peg got money off the asking price and exactly what I wanted for my car. This is my second new vehicle at GFT and I would go back again.

bjberatis
11/08/2014

"2015 Barcelona Red Toyota Tacoma"

I would like to thank Larry for helping us get the exact vehicle that we wanted; color, features, length of the bed, etc. The process was easy and he always promptly returned out calls. Scott was also helpful when I needed my purchase agreement rewritten and emailed to obtain my car loan. Overall an excellent experience and we love the vehicle. My husband has wanted a Tacoma for over ten years, but always settled for another brand. Not this time. I would highly recommend the Tacoma for people who buy SUV's because it rides just like an SUV, but you also have the utility of a truck. The crew cab is very room for adults to sit comfortably.

JEGL

"Wonderful"

Everyone that I worked with when I traded in my car were outstanding, personable, friendly, and very helpful, and patient. I never felt pushed and everything was explained to me with patience and kindness.

jcanary2
11/01/2014

"Pleasant buying experience at Glens Falls Toyota"

We had quite a nice experience at this dealership. The sales and financial staff were very knowledgeable and efficient. They worked hard to get the exact vehicle I wanted at a price within my budget. The transaction (considering it was buying a new vehicle, which is usually fairly painful) was pretty pleasant. The staff was very friendly, People who has nothing to do with my transaction helped me when I had questions and concerns.

tammy.burkekalker
10/30/2014

"Excellent "

We received outstanding service from Bill Wattie & Bill Dockum. This is the 2nd Highlander we have purchased from this dealership in the past 12 months. We will be sure to spread the word about the prompt professional service we received.

Reviews of Ben Fuller

Howard Lebowitz

President

Reviews of Tina North
Tina North

Reviews of Bill Wattie Jr.
Bill Wattie Jr.