Gupton Motors

Gupton Motors Info

cavscout189
5/26/2014

"Best SALES PROFESSIONAL"

Mr. Lee was a great help in finding me a vehicle I could afford and loved. He is a genuine and kind person. Very professional and good at what he does. Someone needs to promote this man. This dealership overall is the best. My family and i drove about an hour away from FT. Campbell because the surrounding dealership's, such as GARY MATTHEWS and there pal RICHIE RICH, were trying to low ball me for my trade-in. Also, unprofessional and not helpful at all.

Walter E. Lee, JR

Wakefieldk
5/15/2014

"They found the jeep I wanted at the RIGHT price!"

After negotiating with three other dealerships a friend suggested we try David at Gupton. We are so pleased we made the call. He found the exact Grand Cherokee I wanted, and went out of his way to obtain it in a timely manner. They had the lowest price and had me driving my new Jeep within 48 hours. David thoroughly explained every detail of the cars technology to me even setting up the Bluetooth with my phone. I felt knowledgable and comfortable with everything on the dash before driving off the lot. One of the best experiences we have had purchasing a new vehicle. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

David Powell

youreallydontneedit
3/21/2014

"I'm really happy. Walter was wonderful to work with...."

I'm really happy. Walter was wonderful to work with. He explained everything so well. I haven't ever had someone explain how things work on a car this well. Didn't waste my time, was very respectful, and genuinely helpful.

EllyHood
1/14/2014

"My husband and I went to Gupton Motors after searching..."

My husband and I went to Gupton Motors after searching around on the internet for the right vehicle for us and our growing family. After finding the right van at the right price, we test drove it and got to haggling. David let us test drive it without him in the car which was a plus to not be hounded by a dealer while trying to inspect a vehicle. The listed online price was $18,999. David told us that that price is after all rebates, etc which we might not qualify for so the price was $21,000. The price posted in the window of the van was $19,999. I'm disappointed that the price on the website, the one they themselves had advertised, was not the price we would be negotiating from. I'm not a fan of false advertisement. We ended up at a price we could live with and after a trade in and a full cash payment, we were out the door free and clear. David dealt primarily with me during the negotiation and shook my hand first to seal the deal when a price was agreed upon, even though my husband, the head of our household and source of our income, was sitting right there. From just that experience, my ratings and review would have been much higher and better. However, it has now been 1 week and we have received no less than 4 calls from David, including 3 voice mails hounding us for a paper he forgot to ask us for and to set a specific time to install our trailer hitch. My husband is on leave and I'm due with baby number 2 in a week. The dealer has become a pest. Our vacation is now interrupted by my husband having to go into work to get a piece of paper the dealer forgot to ask for. Having a new baby due so soon makes it difficult to commit to a day and time to drive an hour to have a hitch installed. Our vehicle is completely paid off and we should not have them hounding us like we owe them something. Update: I wrote the above 1 week after getting our van and have waited until we had the trailer hitch installed to finish my review. The dealership called us frequently to try to make us schedule when to put the hitch on and hash out our license plate. We told David that we wanted a special plate, but he had them order a standard plate anyway and we had to wait extra time for the special (wildlife) plate to arrive since they had to reorder a plate. They offered to shuttle us from their dealership to our home while the hitch was being installed, and then said they wouldn't when they found out we live in Clarksville. Apparently it's ok for us to drive all that way (and hand them tens of thousands of dollars), but not for them to drive that far. All in all, I LOVE the van, but was displeased with the boarder line harassment from the dealership after we were out the door and lack of customer service after the sale.

David Powell

angieadams
12/20/2013

"I did a lot of research when looking for a new car,..."

I did a lot of research when looking for a new car, specifically a Jeep. I searched all throughout MIddle Tennessee and Gupton has the lowest prices across the board by at least several thousand dollars. My mother had bought her Jeep from Walter several years ago and I was excited to buy my first new car from him as well. Very easy to work with (great email communication with Walter), I felt I got a very fair price, friendly environment, and quick processing.

barcaleb
12/13/2013

"If you are looking to buy a Jeep, Dodge or Chrysler in..."

If you are looking to buy a Jeep, Dodge or Chrysler in the Nashville area, I have your place. I recently ordered a new Jeep Grand Cherokee from Walter Lee and it was the easiest, most pleasant car buying experience I could have ask for. I picked up the phone and was given a far better price than I received from multiple other dealers in and around town. Walter kept me updated while I waited, made sure everything was ready to go when the car arrive and was a true pleasure to work with.

Bubblegum346
10/11/2013

"I FOUND THE CAR ONLINE AND THE PRICE WAS VERY GOOD. ..."

I FOUND THE CAR ONLINE AND THE PRICE WAS VERY GOOD. WALTER SHOWED ME THE CAR AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. THEY HELPED WITH THE FINANCING AND EVERYBODY DID A REALLY GOOD BEING HELPFUL. DROVE OFF WITH MY NEW CAR FOR THE PAYMENT I WANTED AND WAS EVEN ABLE TO BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. THANKS EVERYBODY!

WALTER LEE

tommyut
9/30/2013

"The zipper on the back window of my jeep came apart. I am..."

The zipper on the back window of my jeep came apart. I am not able to get the window lose from the zipper. Went to the service department they told me needed a new top. Gave me a name of a company that may could repair it. They said no. Call Guptons service back and asked this issue should be under warranty. Gave the lady the year and miles since the jeep is still under the new vehicle warranty. She said would need to see the jeep so parts could be ordered if under warranty. Told me they didn't have time to look at today they were busy I would have to come back the next morning at 8:30. Will cause me to be late to work again tomorrow. Not very friendly at all. Good customer service, they could take the time the time to look at it and order what is needed today, and was unable to tell me about the warranty. It would take only minutes to look at my jeep before close today to get the information to order the part needed. But they were too busy today. Unable to get in touch with the salesmen that sold me the jeep. I will use another service department the next time

Service Department

reller
9/18/2013

"Joey made the buying process very easy and stress-free. ..."

Joey made the buying process very easy and stress-free. He had the vehicle we were looking for ready to test drive the moment we got to the dealership and had us in and out in no time. One of the best car-buying experiences I've ever had.

Joey

happyhappyhappy
9/11/2013

"Walter is just the nicest young man. He and my son drove..."

Walter is just the nicest young man. He and my son drove the Jeep Compass all the way to Franklin for me to see and test drive it. He was very helpful and patient, spending about six hours helping us.

Watler