Gus Johnson Ford

Wendle Motors

Natalie S.
11/04/2015

"Avoid!"

Gus Johnson Ford is not a dealership from which you want to be purchasing your vehicle – the owner and employees of this dealership are dishonest and do not care in the least about their customers. My daughter is asthmatic and cannot tolerate cigarette smoke, so when looking for a vehicle I make sure that it is non – smoking. After test driving a 2013 Ford Edge I noticed that it had a strong odor in the vehicle, but the salesman assured me that this was just the scent of cleaning solution (that would air out) and that the vehicle had never been smoked in. Since my current car keeps breaking down I decided to purchase this vehicle, against by better judgment. After a couple days, the car sure did air out, leaving only the smell of tobacco behind. Furthermore, my daughter had an asthma attack after spending about 20 minutes in the car, making this vehicle useless to me. After contacting Gus Johnson Ford about this issue they offered me to detail and clean the car interior, which did absolutely nothing about the smell. Then they offered to exchange the Edge for a similar “non-smoking” vehicle, however all except one that they showed me also stank of tobacco. Finally they showed me one Edge (a former Enterprise rental) that was odor free, but then demanded that I pay an additional $6000 since this Edge had 4000 less miles on it, which is laughable since you could drive a rental car that many miles in only a few days (for the cost of $500 or less). Furthermore, I noticed that another Edge that was parked next to one that they showed me had a damaged exterior and when I asked the why Gus Johnson Ford had damaged cars on their lot, the salesman replied that this car was from an insurance auto auction and that they still needed to fix it. So chances are that you will receive a formerly wrecked vehicle if you purchase a used car from Gus Johnson Ford. Given the blatant dishonesty and the utterly reprehensible behavior of the sales staff, it would not be surprising at all if Gus Johnson Ford would sell you a vehicle with other defects that will end up costing you thousands of dollars extra to fix in the long run or could even endanger the life of you family. One final thing that I would like to add is that when I told one of the salesmen that I would post a negative review online about my experience at Gus Johnson Ford, he just laughed and replied that for every bad review that they receive, Gus Johnson Ford will have ten friends or family post fake five star reviews. In hindsight, it is quite obvious that the positive reviews of Gus Johnson Ford have been written by paid shills since most of them are very brief and lack detail or mention specific employees by name, who were probably the ones that actually wrote those reviews. As another reviewer stated, there should be negative five star rating option available specifically for Gus Johnson Ford.

Gus Johnson

AG
10/06/2015

"Great experience!"

I've never bought a new car and both of our vehicles broke down the same week. Needless to say I needed something immediately. I was looking at leasing and was referred to Scott and Shannon. Quick and painless. Hit my target payment and down so I was in a new car the next day. Scott even took the time to go through EVERY option on my new car and help me set everything up and answer my questions. Thank you so much!

Scott, Shannon

fritzrt4
8/17/2015

"Great Car Buying Experience!"

Saw the car advertised on line and decided to set up a test drive. Came in drove it, bought it, love it. Sale Rep was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. This was a fast, no hassle deal.

Dan Burns

GaryW
8/16/2015

"Sales and Sevice was exceptional."

Best dealership in the area! Friendly service people, sales staff are excellent too. I would not go anywhere else for a vehicle. Gus Johnson is the premier dealership for supporting the local community and for fast friendly expert service!

Keith, Scott and Shannon.

Eroal
8/05/2015

"Great visit"

I have had nothing but great visits every team member has been helpful and kind. When I dropped off the car they remembered to wash it and did a check of all the systems for our road trip. All at a great price.

I cant remember

Tim
7/29/2015

"Courteous, timely service."

I am on vacation with my family, pulling a trailer when my truck broke down. It was towed to Gus Johnson Ford on Saturday evening. Their service staff contacted me Monday morning, diagnosed the problem before noon (PCM), ordered the part from Detriot right then. By Wednesday morning the part was installed, tested and ready for pick-up. They understood my situation, was very courteous, professional, and timely. Thanks!

Joe

absintheminded
7/27/2015

"2015 F150 purchase"

My wife and I recently purchased a 2015 F150, (our first ever new vehicle purchase). Ed in sales, Terry in financing were very knowledgeable, and helpful!

Ed and Terry

Rob
7/16/2015

"Thorough, Quick and Friendly"

I have been taking my truck to Gus Johnson for service for years. Their work is always quality and the one time there was an issue with a part, they honored their work and fixed it quickly. The mechanics are excellent diagnosticians and Sam always keeps me informed on progress. Highly Recommend.

Sam Oliphant

Jen427
7/16/2015

"Ford Escape 2012"

I am not a totally new customer to Gus Johnson. I have used your services in the past. I have always been treated fair. I hope to receive the same treatment in the future. Scott was very knowledgeable and patient.

Scott Komar

medicman615
7/12/2015

"Superior Service"

The sales and business representatives, Luke and Shannon, were superb. They drove the quality of the entire experience. Both should be considered extremely valuable employees and significant effort should be made to maintain them with your firm.

Luke, Shannon