Gus Johnson Ford

Lake City Ford

Corrine
5/27/2015

"Oil change"

My car was done with an oil change and tire rotation when I came back to pick it up at my scheduled time. Thank you!

Don't know

bakeng
5/21/2015

"Thanks."

Sam kept us informed about the progress of the repairs and arranged for a rental car when something unexpected came up. Very pleasant and helpful in a stressful situation.

Sam

LTANew car
5/18/2015

"Great job!"

Was a great experience. Brady and Scott spent a lot of time making sure our questions were answered. Thank you

Brady and Scott

Tim & Jeni R
4/21/2015

"Outstanding purchase experience"

Our experience with Gus Johnson Ford was outstanding and we have nothing but positive things to say. Our Sales Rep, Ron listened intently to our needs and never pressured us at any time during our visit; we test drove 1 truck - it was the perfect fit! Business Manager Terry, Sales Rep Ron and Sales Manager Jason all ensured that the entire transaction was smooth and straight to the point. Knowing our urgency to close the sale, Terry & Ron hung around after closing to ensure the paperwork was signed and we were able to drive home with our truck that evening. In our 30+ years of purchasing vehicles, this was the best service we have ever received from an auto dealership. Gus Johnson Ford far exceeded our expectations. We are very happy clients and will be returning in the future!

Ron King, Terry Koentopp, Jason Moran

Stef
4/17/2015

"Recall service"

Thanks for the quick in & out service for our F-250 diesel recall. The truck was serviced and washed well within the time promised. Great service as usual. Will be back for next regular maintenance.

Dick Motgan

Craig H
3/15/2015

"Efficient service and quick turnaround"

Keith Trowbridge did a fine job of getting me in and out for service. The passenger Speaker had a fuzz in the sound, didn't cut corners replaced speaker. Happy so far with my 2014 Ford F-150

Keith Trowbridge

edward73
11/07/2014

"never doing business again "

Bought New f350 2015 wanted seat covers that fit seats they said they had them. They didn't fit couldn't use center of seat the cover covered the storage compartment. I took them back they said they would order right one I came back week later they didn't order them and told me to go buy them elsewhere the sales manager was smart --- when I told him worst experience buying a truck ever

sales manager

FordConvert
10/08/2014

"Transparent, No Pressure Sales"

There's very little about car shopping that's appealing, however, Dan Burns at Gus Johnson Ford made my overall experience one of the very best. I shopped several different dealerships before deciding on a Ford product and always came away from the lot feeling more like a commission than a valued customer -- not so with Gus Johnson. My sales rep, Dan Burns, treated me with openness and honesty, courtesy and enthusiasm. There were no pressure techniques used and little stress in the negotiations. Dan was patient with my incessant technical questions and requests for test drives and never treated me less than a valued individual. I commend Gus Johnson for their friendly atmosphere, their personable staff and their overall transparency in financing. Thank you Dan and Gus Johnson for making this car shopping experience one of the very best. I love my new Ford!

Dan Burns

byerssdk
8/23/2014

"excellent, friendly"

I appreciated the ability to get prior approval online and the quick response to our inquiry. we were greeted quickly by Dan, and the whole experience was fairly quick and easy. It was the least stressful car buying experience I have ever experienced. We love our new Ford Focus!

Daniel Burns, Terry Koentopp, Laura Hilbert

rlynn
8/02/2014

"Honest Counts.... But not here"

I purchased a used 2013 Ford Escort from Gus Johnson Ford. Part of the agreed deal was the installation of a new trailer hitch. Discussing my options with the sales person my choices was to go to U-Haul for a universal trailer hitch at a cost of around $250 or for a little more have a hitch installed at the dealership which would have a Ford dealer warranty. It was agreed that I would have the dealer install the trailer hitch and they ordered a new hitch. I dropped the car off for the installation and picked it up the next afternoon. Upon my arrival to pick-up my car I was presented a bill for $990, not a little over $250 as I was told. This was well over our discussion at the time of the sale but my car was blocked inside of the garage and I had no choice but to pay the bill or I would not have a car. The sales process at Gus Johnson Ford is to follow a set process for every customer, every sale, no deviation. The staff does not listen to the customer. On at least a dozen occasions during my visit I was asker and/or prompted to take the car home that day, every time I responded I would not take the car home until the additional services I purchased as part of the purchased (windshield coating and interior/exterior protection) were performed, they would not let go and simply did not listen to their customer. It was also expressed that I would contact my banking institution on Monday to arrange financing, they insisted on financing through one of their resources before we could sign the sales papers and leave. The process from sales agreement to leaving the dealership took 3.5 hours, felt like a prisoner as I could not leave until they were ready. When I brought the car in to have a trailer hitch installed and they had offered to “detail” the car while it was in and fill the tank with gas as it was a little over ¼ full when I purchased it, not full as stated, no big deal but the offer to detail was a nice gesture. The car was not ready at the end of the day because the mechanic was having problems with the wiring for the trailer, after I expressed that I was stranded downtown, I was told to have a good day and they would see me the next day. Stranded downtown I ended taking a cab ride home at a cost of $53. They really do not care about the customer, just sigh here and get out.

Salesman, sales manager, finance manager, service rep.