Hamilton Nissan

Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
Hamilton Nissan Info

happyhyundia
4/19/2011

"Will was very informative and helful while working out..."

Will was very informative and helful while working out all of my car details during the buying process. Will and the other salesmen made me laugh and made sure I was comfortable while there. I felt taken care of. Rick spent a lot of time going over all of the final paper work and helping me make the very best decisions for my coming years of caring for my vehicle. I enjoyed buying my car and felt like I wasn't taken advantage of. I also got my Hamilton stuff piggy toy that my dog totally loved!! Thank you Hamilton Nissan Meg

Will and Rick, Will Swartz

lbussard
4/18/2011

"I am updating my previously favorable review. I bought my..."

I am updating my previously favorable review. I bought my BRAND new 2011 Nissan Altima on April 16 and my initial experience felt good. It immediately went dowhill. Within the first 30days of leaving HAMILTON NISSAN dealership in HAGERSTOWN, MD I was in the service department two times. The first for a bluetooth taht didn't work--easily fixed by pushing in a battery back--but cost me about 1/2 day riding back and forth and sitting in dealership! Seems like something simple they should know to check for huh? The second issue is a huge nightmare that has not been resolved to my satisfaction. I took my car through a car wash..soap and water began leaking onto my feet. It was coming from behind the glove compartment. I called the dealership on Saturday...by Monday at 1pm..no return call...so I called back.. I did take the car in..because the dealership found evidence of the leak...but could not get it to do the same leak in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT carwash...their solution is to tell me, and I quote, "TAKE IT TO A DIFFERENT CARWASH FROM NOW ON!" This is a direct quote from the service writer, shop foreman, and from DEREK HAMILTON--dealership owner himself. He further told me that if I wanted to keep bringing my car in, he would be "happy to rip my car apart!" I asked him if he would please take it to the same carwash I drove through...which is the same carwash on every corner in my town, and he refused!" He told me that he was, "Sorry I didn't get it!" "Sorry I couldn't accept it!" "But he did all he was going to do for me!" The shop foreman, service writer, and salesperson all admitted when I asked them if someone basically told them their car was not sealed water-tight and that they needed to ride around and find a low-pressure carwash or use a garden hose to wash their car if that would be an acceptable solution for them? They all said that it would not... It seems like the only person this sounds acceptable to is DEREK HAMILTON DEALERSHIP OWNER...who is likely not driving around with wet feet. At this point, my first car payment is not even due. I have escalated my complaint to the Nissan Executive Office in TN, and am also researching what remedy I may have under the MD lemon laws. Under no circumstance would I recommend purchasing a car from HAMILTON NISSAN in Hagerstown, MD. It is very sad as is this the second vehicle I purchased there. My last experience with them years ago was great and my heart was set on an Altima. I am sooo disappointed. Now they have my purchase money...nobody cares about finding the source of the issue and ensuring it is completely resolved. I have found other similar complaints to mine on the internet with other Nissan models! If you are set on an Altima..go to Chambersburg and buy it.

Chris Mathis, DerekHamilton, Kevin shop foreman, Teresa Service Writer

Hamilton Nissan responded to this review

June 27, 2011

I would like the opportunity to respond to some mistatements & omissions from this reviewer. The customer spoke to me, the owner,on Monday after the dealership failed to return the Saturday voicemail. I apologized for our poor service and asked what we could do now. Customer responded that our picking up the Altima would be helpful. Hamilton picked up the Altima from the customer's home, left a similar vehicle to drive and then delivered the customer's vehicle back to her when we finished. We spent several hours with 2 technicians trying to duplicate the customer's concerns by first, runnnig the Altima through our brush type carwash 2 times without observing any leak. Second, we used our industrial strength power washer for over 1/2hour at all angles without observing any leak. Third, we took the Altima to a close by "touchless" high pressure car wash, just like the type the customer used, without observing any leak. All this work was documented with Nissan to ensure our customer if they ever had a further problem, even out of the warranty period, the customer would be covered. Our shop foreman/certified Nissan Master technician called the customer and explained exactly what we did. Derek Hamilton spoke with the customer and explained what we did. Very frustrating situation for Hamilton--we tried to do everything we could and from this review it sounds like we did nothing. Derek Hamilton

aipony64
4/07/2011

"The personal response and attention I recieved was..."

The personal response and attention I recieved was incredible. My 14 year old son said it was fun. They made the sale about me. The financing gentleman was fast and friendly.I was referred to Patrick as he sold my dad his vehicle. Very enjoyable experience. Thank you

Patrick graves

cbkwalik
4/02/2011

"We were greeted buy Sean immediately upon arrival to the..."

We were greeted buy Sean immediately upon arrival to the car dealer. He was friendly and seemed to have a can do attitude. We had already been approved for a car loan with check in hand, but Sean took the extra time to run the numbers for us and got us a better rate. He also negotiated to get us in the car we wanted. We had an appointment the next day with a different nissan dealer, but because of Sean's hard work, hamilton won our business. Sean said he was only on the job for three weeks.... but you sure could not tell that from our end. He acted like a pro!

Sean Lewis, Sean Lewis

shutzell
4/02/2011

"Hamilton Nissan did a good job of making sure that I knew..."

Hamilton Nissan did a good job of making sure that I knew all of my financing options before I traded in my old car for a new one. The finance dept. also informed me of the extra "insurance" options that were worth the investment and those that were a waste of money.

Ronald Parson, Ron Parsons

ebthehunter
4/02/2011

"I contacted this dealership via the internet looking for..."

I contacted this dealership via the internet looking for a second vehicle to run up and down the road to work. From the time I first dealt with Ron Parsons until the time I had actually purchased was very short. I did the pre approved application on line, and approx. 40 minutes later Ron called asking me when I wanted to pick up my new car. Another great part of the deal is the Dealership for life program. When I do eventually need another new vehicle I will, without a doubt talk to Ron first.

Ron Parsons, Ron Parsons

Janet1
4/02/2011

"My car broke down and I had it towed to Hamilton Nissan. ..."

My car broke down and I had it towed to Hamilton Nissan. My service man was Ed Key who is an outstanding service man. My car was diagnosed as engine damage. As it was still under warranty, he informed me of what I needed to present to Nissan. During the whole process, he was curteous and efficient and made my experience as pleasurable as he could so as not to inconvience me. I believe Ed Key went above and beyond his duties and I would certainly recommend Hamilton Nissan.

Ed Key, Ed Key

coulter
4/01/2011

"Dwain Souders is an excellent car salesman, he listen and..."

Dwain Souders is an excellent car salesman, he listen and respected our concerns/ budget that we felt comfortable with and found a vehicle to suit for my Wife and I. With a growing family we needed a little more room in a vehicle which led us to look at the Altima. Which was a perfect fit and value for us at this time. Thanks again Dwain and look forward to doing business with you in the future. PS, my girls loved the little happy hams stuffed animals!! Brian and Traci Coulter

Dwain Souders and John Ocalano, Dwain Souders

s.hose
4/01/2011

"Sean was very curtious and concerned to see that we got..."

Sean was very curtious and concerned to see that we got the vehicle we wanted and at the price we wanted. We were pleased with the experience. We got the vehicle we wanted, the trade-in we wanted, the financing we wanted and the discount we wanted. We had done our homework ahead of time and knew what the market value was.

SEAN LEWIS, Sean Lewis

christopher.ellis
3/28/2011

"Went above and beyond to match my nearby dealer's offer...."

Went above and beyond to match my nearby dealer's offer. Extremely friendly and willing to help. No pressure, whatsoever. It's nice to know that potential customers can still have a plesant car buying experience. There are at least 10 Nissan dealerships that are closer to me, but I was and will always be willing to make the trip to Hagerstown for the opportunity to work with this dealer again. A+

2, Sean Lewis