Honda Cars Of Katy

Russell & Smith Honda

Honda of Spring

Value Buyer
6/22/2015

"Just the usual exceptional service appointment"

When I took my wife's 2009 Accord to Katy Honda for a state inspection, oil & filter change, and regular overall (40K miles) service, the Express Service Manager, Desiree Abbott quickly came and apologized to me. They could not continue with the state inspection because the tires would not pass. In fact, she pointed out, they were so worn that the steel belts were showing through. She was so concerned for my personal well being that she told me not to do my usual search for the best tire prices in the area, but rather, that I should go immediately and have my tires changed because I and my wife were at a terrible risk driving on those tires. I went to my usual tire dealer, purchased replacement tires and returned to Katy Honda for the remainder of my service needs. I have complete trust in Ms. Abbott as she has tended to my cars' service needs over the years and I have never had a problem afterwards. I truly appreciate the service work performed by Honda Cars of Katy and look forward to doing business with them well into the future.

Desiree Abbott

Fulshear carguy
6/19/2015

"Cannot even do an oil change right!"

Their service personnel are terrible. My wife used them for years to change the oil and filter on her CRV, but they overfilled the engine with oil. Luckily for them we discovered the problem quickly, before permanent engine damage occurred. They fixed their problem, but now I know that these guys cannot even be trusted for simple oil changes.

I was not taking names.

x_rad
5/28/2015

"Beware"

Please make sure you watch these guys...they smile at you and then really con you in the end. Your better off going some where else...to be continued

Apollo

Larrger
5/27/2015

"Did not honor the internet price once I got there"

I worked a price with Brittney in the internet department. We had an appointment, she even called that morning to confirm. Once I got there, Brittney was out for breakfast, this was at 12 noon. Then I was introduced to Rene Valdez. As it turned out I had to pay $2000+ more than I was promised by Brittney. It was a bait and switch. They also didn't tell me about the $1000 owner loyalty for Pilot buyers. All in all it was the old car bz high pressure," slam, bam, thankyou mam". This was the second car I had bought from Honda of Katy, and it will be the LAST one. Almost criminal the way they acted.

Rene Valdez

Eric
5/26/2015

"Dealing with snakes "

After receiving a quote online I got to the dealership and my cost was over $2000 more! One of the cost was $300 for nitro. Which means they put nitrogen in your tires. The sales manager told me theirs was 70% nitrogen to make it sound good. Little did he know We use nitrogen on a daily basis at my job. He then told me he could give it to me at his cost of $199. That's $50 a tire! There's places around that use 92% nitrogen and charge less than $5 a tire or I can fill it up free at my job. So for him to tell me that was his cost was a flat out lie. After I told him I would think about their offer he got up and walked away without saying thank you or at least a handshake. Very professional Honda of Katy. I dealt with Ben but it was his manager that was bad. Do not go here!

Tiffany Lively

p.trcar
5/21/2015

"Uncomfortable with the service"

Walk out with the service and feel embarrassing with the salesman. I knew he tried to get sale but buying the new car we need to check, negotiate and come up with the thing. It was not like go buy the cheaper stuff from market….and become the dumped buyer. DON’T WANT TO COME BACK ANY MORE !!!

B. G.

Vanessa
5/13/2015

"Great place to do business"

This was my second time buying a car from Honda Katy and of course "Dio" help us again, the first time (2010) my Parents co-signed for me, this time (2015) I am buying by myself and It was literally the best experience I ever had getting my first Car! Dio and Castro were extremely helpful and I feel I definitely got the best deal and service, they definitely did all they can do, I would recommend them to everybody I know!!! My husband and I always wanted to get a Pilot, now that we have a new born in home we wanted a more convenience, safety vehicle, and the Pilot we got was just a great choice, we got all the terms we wanted, that's why we purchased the Pilot after the demonstration n test drive even when we was not ready to pull the trigger, but everything just was right.

Dio , Castro

sstewart
5/08/2015

"They Lie - not recommended"

Not a good start at all. Sales guy and "sales manager" insisted they would take a pre-owned Acura that we purchased to the Acura dealer "first thing Monday morning because we are not Acura specialists" to look at a weird sound it was making. Didn't happen despite 3 calls, another agreement to take it to the Acura dealer and a week of reminding them. Sound not repaired. Flat out lie is what I would call this. Do yourself a favor, don't bother with this place.

Ruben, Jose, Apollo

Christina R.
2/23/2015

"Great first time new car buying experience!"

I've been meaning to write a review for several months but honestly when I bought the car I wasn't able to drive it for almost 3 months due to a foot injury. So after a few months of practice driving I wanted to give a full review of my experience here. I have visited this dealership several times in the past 8 months and can say overall I've had a good experience each time. My first interaction with my salesman, Simon, was great! He was very professional and completely knowledgable about the car I wanted. This is my first "new" car and I was very wary about talking to a salesman but he eased my anxiety. I can't really say the same about the financing department, I felt that T.J. was not very helpful in explaining everything I was signing. I felt I paid a lot more than what I had originally agreed to. I think I had stars in my eyes and didn't realize it until it was too late. However, I have been into the repair department for some recalls and repairs and have had nothing but great praise for everyone there. This praise also includes the guys on the tire side who had to replace two tires thanks to the horrible potholes here in town! I also, just recently returned to get help with my new Navigator App and Simon, who had not seen me in 8 months, remembered me. I was impressed. He helped walk me through everything just as he had promised he would do many months ago. I am a huge fan of Honda. My son is still driving my 1991 Honda Accord and it's still running strong. I love my new Honda Fit. I am so grateful for all of the hard work and commitment that Simon and the repair department have given me each time I've come in.

Simon Dzenyo

Hawwagon
2/23/2015

"Not recommended"

I was told they had a car there I found advertised online only to find that when I arrived, the car had been sold the previous day. They offered their apologies, then tried to sell me something else. I actually like that something else, and made them an offer. We got close, but after agreeing on the price, then they showed me the final numbers that included about $1100 worth of upcharges. What are these??? 1) Data Dots. WTH is data dots? The salesmen could not explain it. 2) Nitrogen for my tires, a lifetime of nitrogen. The atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and 1% everything else. Nitrogen works well in aircraft tires and race car tires, but I don't need to pay 300 for what is already free. 3) Lifetime oil changes. I was willing to pay for that one..... Anyways, I was turned off by their approach and would not recommend them.

Moussa Sininta