Honda Cars Of Katy

Russell & Smith Honda

Honda of Spring

Christina R.
2/23/2015

"Great first time new car buying experience!"

I've been meaning to write a review for several months but honestly when I bought the car I wasn't able to drive it for almost 3 months due to a foot injury. So after a few months of practice driving I wanted to give a full review of my experience here. I have visited this dealership several times in the past 8 months and can say overall I've had a good experience each time. My first interaction with my salesman, Simon, was great! He was very professional and completely knowledgable about the car I wanted. This is my first "new" car and I was very wary about talking to a salesman but he eased my anxiety. I can't really say the same about the financing department, I felt that T.J. was not very helpful in explaining everything I was signing. I felt I paid a lot more than what I had originally agreed to. I think I had stars in my eyes and didn't realize it until it was too late. However, I have been into the repair department for some recalls and repairs and have had nothing but great praise for everyone there. This praise also includes the guys on the tire side who had to replace two tires thanks to the horrible potholes here in town! I also, just recently returned to get help with my new Navigator App and Simon, who had not seen me in 8 months, remembered me. I was impressed. He helped walk me through everything just as he had promised he would do many months ago. I am a huge fan of Honda. My son is still driving my 1991 Honda Accord and it's still running strong. I love my new Honda Fit. I am so grateful for all of the hard work and commitment that Simon and the repair department have given me each time I've come in.

Simon Dzenyo

Hawwagon
2/23/2015

"Not recommended"

I was told they had a car there I found advertised online only to find that when I arrived, the car had been sold the previous day. They offered their apologies, then tried to sell me something else. I actually like that something else, and made them an offer. We got close, but after agreeing on the price, then they showed me the final numbers that included about $1100 worth of upcharges. What are these??? 1) Data Dots. WTH is data dots? The salesmen could not explain it. 2) Nitrogen for my tires, a lifetime of nitrogen. The atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and 1% everything else. Nitrogen works well in aircraft tires and race car tires, but I don't need to pay 300 for what is already free. 3) Lifetime oil changes. I was willing to pay for that one..... Anyways, I was turned off by their approach and would not recommend them.

Moussa Sininta

Ed C
2/11/2015

"Recall from Honda America"

Problem resolved. Initial issue has been resolved with this dealer thanks Would give them a second opportunity to repair my Honda in the future if necessary

Cashier

rnabi
2/04/2015

"These guys DO NOT LIVE in the same world as their customers"

I feel sorry for my salesman Coxie, who was excellent. His sorry excuse for a manager, SIMON i believe was his name, has no clue what he is doing is the reason Coxie did not earn a commission and a sale and wasted two days and many hours working very hard and not being able to make a dime off his efforts . He appraised my 2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 Texas Edition w/ TSS Package including 20 inch oversized wheels and running boards. The MSRP was over $42,000 and is only 8 months old. I understand vehicles are a depreciating asset and completely understand the way true market value is determined when trading in a vehicle. This guy simply did not want to earn my business. I asked questions and he just stared at me as if he did not hear the words come out. WHAT A JOKE. He acted as if I had never bought a vehicle before nor traded one in. He is disgrace to the automotive industry and its a shame that he controls whether or not Coxie and many other hardworking salespeople earn a paycheck. It must have been his first day. DO NOT GO HERE IF U HAVE A NICE VEHICLE TO TRADE IN!!!!

Coxie Q. and Simon

Vj
1/14/2015

"TJ of finance department cheated me when buying new car"

would have given negative star if possible. This place reeks with liars and deceitful people. WATCH OUT FOR TJ IN FINANCE DEPARTMENT. PLEASE GO TO BBB AND SEE ALL THE COMPLAINTS ON THIS PLACE BEFORE BUYING A CAR FROM HERE.

TJ

sjcsalazar
1/14/2015

"Lemon car "

Buy the car last year and still having problems the transmission when out in a 3week after I buy the car I took back the following week and they toll me because I pay cash did not have any warranty they knew that car had trasnmission problems because they flush the transmission and the car had a recall on transmission problems which they did not put on the car fax

said
1/10/2015

"Great Experience"

I had such a great experience here at honda cars of katy. My salesman was so helpful, and did everything in their power to make sure I was happy with my purchase. All management was excellent as well. I would absolutely reccommend anyone I know to go to honda cars of katy. I am loving my new vehicle!

Ricky Smith, Moussa Sininta

GaryZ
1/09/2015

"New Honda Accord"

I usually do not comment in reviews, but I must say today I had an excellent experience purchasing a new car with this dealer. I did my homework on purchasing a new car at the website Truecars.com I called the dealer and talked to Coxi Quiroz and told him if he could match the price I gave him I would come in. He matched the price I gave him and added several options on the car at no cost. The financial adviser Steven Martinez was very generous in all areas of the financing and warranties. This is my first positive experience with buying a new car and highly recommend doing your homework first. I know not everyone believes they are treated honestly when purchasing a new car, but I do this time. This one gets an A+ from me.

Coxi Quiroz and Steven Martinez

J Byrd
11/30/2014

"Okay ending"

Initially inquired about a Internet special but after test driving and returning a day later to finalize purchase, was told the car was not for sale due to litigation. Why was it posted on the Internet? Miscommunication! I was upset and frustrated. Dr. Dunlap assisted in helping me find another car after many test drives. His patience was noteworthy. He and Moussa gave us a fair deal on a newly arrived honda accord. Left feeling satisfied and got the car the following day. Now, if the finance department would just return my call in regards to honoring the graduate program, I would be a happy gal.

Larry Dunlap, Moussa Sininta

gonzalem
11/28/2014

"Avoid, dishonest bunch of liers"

Honda of Katy are a bunch of crooks. Do not buy a car there, especially their finance person TJ. We purchased a car from Honda of Katy on November 7, 2014. My husband told them from the beginning we were not financing through Honda because I had been pre-approved by my credit union to pay for the car. We needed a purchase contract to give to the credit union so they could create the payoff check. Initially they asked for a copy of my driver’s license because the car we traded in was just under my name and the financing through the credit union was just under my name. The car was purchased on Friday, Nov. 7th, the first contract they filled out only had my husband’s name, the second contract they filled out, my last name was wrong and finally the third contract was correct. As soon as I received the corrected contract on Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014 I immediately faxed the contract to my credit union. That day the credit union overnight federal expressed the check to the dealership. T.J., Honda of Katy’s finance person, called my husband today, November 28, 2014, 15 days after they received the check from the credit union and said he had financed the car through Honda Finance because they had not received my credit union’s check in time. I told him it had been overnight Federal Expressed to them on November 12. (the credit union has the Fed Ex delivery acknowledgement). Then, he said they had not cashed the check because the check was just under my name and not my husband’s. Why is that our fault and why didn’t he call us when he received the check? I told him, the car we traded in was only under my name and I had filled out paperwork to get the car transferred to the dealership, they didn’t have a problem processing that paperwork with that being only under my name. I told him he had been given a copy of my driver’s license the first day we decided to buy the car and it showed only my name. How come they waited 15 days to tell us they were not cashing the credit union’s check because it was only under my name? I told T.J. it was not our fault and I was returning the car because we had 30 days to change our mind and he said we couldn’t return the car, it was too late. These people are a bunch of crooks. T.J probably gets some kind of kick back from Honda Financing.

T.J. in Finance, Tiffany Lively