Honda Cars Of Katy - Service Center

23 Lifetime Service Reviews

Honda Cars Of Katy - Service Center
23 Reviews
Honda Cars Of Katy - Service Center Info
Is this your Service Center?
Is this your Service Center?

Nearby Certified Service Centers

Beck & Masten Buick GMC

14 Lifetime Service Reviews

Jeff Haas Mazda

54 Lifetime Service Reviews

23 Service Center Reviews
mkilling
11/08/2014

"Service Part Sold Over List Price"

I purchased a filter for a 2013 civic because it was not available at the auto parts store. I was charged $30.00. I thought this was high so I looked online to purchase online next time. The list price for 17220-R1A-A01 is $18.75 and available online for $13.50 to $14.50. I don't mind paying list at the dealer for necessary parts but almost double the list price is a rip-off.

Nicholas Perarson

lancerj
8/02/2014

"Service Dept"

Were very pleased. Blind spot lights were not working and light was on dash. Also had GPS and bluetoooth questions. As it turns out we had accidentally pushed button and turned off the blind spot light. So they asked Serive Rep Leah to help answer our questions. She came out to our car and took the time to explain how GPS and phone worked. You hear a lot of this when you buy vehicle, but you can't remember it. I was so frustrated with the GPS that I had just quit using it. Seems I could never give it enough info to work for me. It was not user friendly. Leah explained how to use GPS more easily and why phone conversation was switching intermittenly between phone and speaker in vehicle. Leah took the time to answer our questions. She was very knowledgeable, kind, and patient. We appreciate that.

Leah - Service Dept.

maryafchaney
5/02/2014

"Wonderful customer service!"

I cannot say how great it was to work with Leah. We had a very unusual situation where a mechanic from another auto shop may have ruined our engine and we took the car to Honda Cars of Katy for an assessment and to get the engine rebuilt. During the two month process in dealing with the insurance companies etc, Leah was top-notch. Any time that she had additional information on the situation, she provided us with an immediate update (which was better than even our insurance company did!) and she was a wonderful source of knowledge in general about cars. Leah can explain the different aspects of car repair to a non-mechanic (like me), in a way that I always understood exactly what she was saying. Working with Leah (and Honda Cars of Katy) made a pretty horrible situation a little bit better. Also, after this situation, I will never service my vehicles anywhere but a dealership (even for a state inspection and oil change). It truly opened my eyes as to how these mechanics at other shops operate and how powerless you are if they ruin your vehicle (and destroy your engine). We bought a new car from Honda Cars of Katy after this and it will ONLY be serviced at the dealership.

Leah in Service Department

KatyTX14
2/12/2014

"We brought a Honda Civic 2010 last Feb 2011 at this..."

We brought a Honda Civic 2010 last Feb 2011 at this dealership. Everything was a breeze. Our sales person was very friendly and all the staff too. Price is a little bit high but since we live in Katy, we wanted a dealership near our place. Moving forward to 2013, I went there last October for a routine check-up at the quick service center and the mechanic said that I needed new battery and my car has a small chip and it will not cost me anything because it is still under warranty as as for the crack, my insurance will cover it. After everything was done, they billed me for the new battery since they found out that even though we bought it on Feb 2011, the car was purchased by the dealership on Sept 2010 so my 3 years warranty expired for a month. The manager was condescending with her tones and manners. I wrote a letter to the manager and after a week, I received a nasty voicemail from their office that it was my fault that apparently it was my request to change the battery. Beware of these people, it is a common fact that when you go to a service center, they will try find something wrong with the car so they can sell something. Unluckly, that car was in an accident the following month. I went to the dealership last January, 2014 to file for the GAP insurance per advice of the Honda financial services. I called on Feb 11, to follow-up the status of the claim and he said they are not responsible to this claim and call Honda Financial services. I called HFS and said HCK should file the complete the claim first and they will forward it to the financial services. I went back to the dealership and talked to TJ, from the financial service. I introduced my self and told him that I talked to him over the phone this morning. I explained to him the purpose of this meeting and he said it was maybe cancelled. When he came back he said he did not see my file there and the person in charge is not present. I was still trying to asked him about what he said earlier that my claim might have been cancelled and he rudely brushed me off. The total time spend for the 2 encounters was less than 3 minutes. After he said what he wanted, he turned his back and left. This dealership is only good if you are buying a car but customer service is nil. I bought another Honda at another dealership. We are Honda loyalist. We have 4 Honda cars and an Acura but I will never go back to this dealership. Russell and Smith and Gillman are better.

TJ

Gasgon
12/24/2013

"Honda cars of Katy tried to charge me for rotors that my..."

Honda cars of Katy tried to charge me for rotors that my were under warranty, after paying $400 for the 30,000 mile service. I went to another dealer and they did it for free. They have lost a customer, I am very disappointed.

Service Manager

Eliya123
11/02/2013

"I bought my 2012 Honda Pilot Touring new in 2012. The..."

I bought my 2012 Honda Pilot Touring new in 2012. The rack and pinion was faulty on the new car. They replaced it and the car started pulling to the left. I complained four times about the problem. They realigned my front end three times charging me each time. (I know I was stupid to pay it.) The last time they told me it was tired pull and they could not help me. They said I should call the tire company or Honda, they said they were just the dealer and had noting to do with the problem. WHAT???!!!! Oh I forgot to mention I left Drew two message to call me and Leah one message to call me the before took it in the last time. Never heard back from either of them until I received two customer satisfaction survey from the dealer and I told them how bad their service was and I send an electronic appointment request to service where I outlined how disappointed I was. After talking to Leah (the service manager) and I realized they really were going to stick it to me, I said they should at least reimburse me for all the alignments which obviously should not have been done. She was finally agreed to ask her manager if they could reimburse me for one alignment. She said she would let me know this week. Of course she never called back. I hate to say it but these people will lie to you with a smile on their face. One more thing, I really like Hondas and I was happy with my salesman a guy named Darius. Too bad for him and the sales department because of this I opted to buy my wife a 2013 Kia Optima and my daughter a 2013 VW Jetta. The salesman at the VW lot was great also, his name is Andy. My son in law's brother just bought a Pilot and a Honda Mini van. Guess what they did not go here. You will regret buying at this dealership. Chris R.

Leah and Drew

Amy214
4/01/2013

"Waited 2 hours for state inspection. Car was ready but no..."

Waited 2 hours for state inspection. Car was ready but no call was made to inform client who is waiting in the customer waiting lounge. Service manager was seen delivering pizza and having coffee with her "supervisor". Since customers are not their priority, then they should not be in the service business. Customer saw car driven out of the service area and parked at the far end for about an hour after car was check in. What was best is service manager took customer information and told customer that she will come for her signature, but that never happened. None of the service manager seem to show any interest in their jobs. This do not happen at Gillman Honda and Honda Cars of Katy need to learn how to treat their customers like Gillman Honda.

so call service managers at work on 3/30/2013

bill.le.7
11/13/2012

"This was my third time that Honda car of Katy tried to..."

This was my third time that Honda car of Katy tried to rip-off on me. First time, they tried to fix my 2007 Honda odyssey and charged me, but the problem from the recall. Second time, my wife forgot to tight the gas cover after filling up, the check engine light was on, I took the car there, they held the car for 1 1/2 days and charged me $109 for checking. Today, 11-13-2012, the battery of my 1999 Honda accord needed a jump in the cold morning, I check the stamp on the battery has 08/10 and the battery has 100 months guarantee; I took it to Honda C of Katy, they told me the problem was the stater, not the battery. I told them I jumped the car and it worked. They told me 08/10 was the expired date, so it out of guarantee. They just wanted to get the stater replace, they tried not to jump after I requested them because I had to go to work, I had to ask some one gave me a jump, then I left. I got a new battery @ another auto part. It works now, and the tech @ the auto part told me 08/10 on the stamp was the sold date. Please, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO HONDA CAR OF KATY, THEY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF. THERE ARE MANY GOOD HONDA DEALERS OR AUTO STORES AROUND, WHO YOU CAN TRUST. HONDA CAR OF KATY IS THE WORST DEALER I EVER HAVE.

express servive

davejr382
10/23/2012

"We bought 2 vehicles from this dealership and within 6..."

We bought 2 vehicles from this dealership and within 6 months, between the 2 vehicles, we've been up here almost a dozen times. 6 for the cd player in the ridgeline alone. They don't know what they're doing and quality of work is the least of their worries as they seem to just want to get you back in the door. The absolute worst dealership I have ever dealt with.

Dwayne / Javier

brianTexas
10/06/2012

"I bought a 2009 Civic from them and recently the CV joint..."

I bought a 2009 Civic from them and recently the CV joint gave up. They also replace the brake pads and grinded the rotor for grooves. The CV joint was under wanrranty, but they charged me the work on rotor and pads. The pads have uneven wear on them. On the left side (where the CV joint failed), the pad has only 1mm left compared to 4mm to right right wheel. The service people couldn't provide the detail as to why the wear of the brake pads were uneven, and they won't guarrantee that the same thing won't happen again.

Forgot the lady's name

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.