Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

1045 East Chicago Street, Elgin, Illinois 60120

Makes: Ford | Service Center

Showroom Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

1045 East Chicago Street,
Elgin, Illinois 60120
Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc. Info
About Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

In 1982 Ron Hopkins bought the Ford dealership with one business plan in mind. Provide our customers with only the nicest new, pre-owned, and certified pre-owned vehicles at competitive pricing. Keep those customers coming back with a service department that provides the answers and services that our customers need in a timely fashion, and provide all of this with the customers satisfaction as the primary focus. We have found that competitive online pricing and a staff that has a commitment to making sure all Hopkins Ford customers are happy when they leave the dealership, has provided us with 30 years of customers that keep coming back. Stop by and learn why we're positive you will join the Hopkins Ford family.

About Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 AM

Susan
7/06/2016

"Pleasant stress-free experience."

2nd time buyer of the Ford Escape both from Ron Hopkins Ford, needed a car quickly and was apprehensive about finding the right car for our needs since time was an issue but with the assistance of Joe Lascio, Ken Witz and Tony Nykolajcuyk I found a great car with low miles at a great price. The overall experience was not at all stressful but was actually very easy and I was so at ease with all who were handling our sale. Thank you so much for putting the fun back into car buying!! Susan Sellers

Lcarver
7/02/2016

"Timely and Friendly"

We called ahead and they had the car waiting for us to test drive. They let us take the car for a drive without a salesperson. When we returned they were quick to get an estimate on our trade-in and to talk numbers. Very friendly without being pushy or overbearing. Great experience.

Rich DePierre

toyotaOwner01
6/17/2016

"Great Experience"

I purchased my gently used Toyota Highlander from here and it was a better experience than the Toyota of Naperville dealership. I contacted Israel by email to make sure the car was still available. He responded quickly and we scheduled a test drive. Showed up, we took a quick tour of the car and then test drove it. I did notice some hail sized dents on the car when taking the tour. Israel explained if i purchased the car they could get those out with no problem. So, I shared my budget with Israel and then with Joe and we worked together to get to an affordable purchase price. Joe exceeded my expectations on the price and and I couldn't say no. Took my care home that same day. They also removed all the dents. Very glad I made the drive from Oswego.

mtrip
6/17/2016

"easy process"

Tony was a great sales Consultant. Provided me with any and all information I requested and found several options for me. No high pressure sales pitch. Didn't have what I wanted in stock but was able to find it and got it for me quickly and without any problems.

jayb
6/14/2016

"A good experience"

Rich Depierre took my purchase over from another salesman and did a great job. He was helpful and responsive and helped me close the deal. I told him I had a limited time window to sign the papers and take delivery and he had things ready for me so I was able to spend a minimal amount of time in the dealership and move on to my next task of the day. I think I got a good deal on the car I purchased and they gave me a good amount on my trade as well. I would recommend the dealership and Rich.

Rich Depierre

Hawkeye91
6/13/2016

"5 Star Dealership--Hopkins Ford of Elgin"

Kevin was extremely helpful and didn't try to steer us away from what we wanted/needed in a truck. We ended up with exactly what we wanted and are very pleased with our decision to purchase from Hopkins Ford. Kevin was very personable and helped move us through the entire car buying process with ease.

Kevin, Swezey

escape
6/13/2016

"salesman Tony Nykolajcuyk "

Tony was extremely helpful and considerate. He made me feel very comfortable and I got such a sense of being treated fairly. I never felt like I was being taken advantage of. Tony is extremely knowledgeable about the vehicles he sells and he stands behind his vehicles 100%. I know I drove away with a very safe vehicle. I went to Hopkins Ford after an extremely bad experience at Elgin Hynduia, I can't believe the difference in the way I was treated, Tony was not afraid to show me paperwork on the vehicle or the figures in getting to the price. Tony showed me the car details that ford uses that is equivalent to a car fax. Tony shared every detail about this vehicle with no hesitation. I would recommend everyone I know looking for a vehicle to do see Tony Nykolajcuyk for all of their car needs. I know I will not go any where else!

the finance officer, can't remember his name

Buzbag22
6/05/2016

"All Dealerships Should be like This!"

Third F-150 truck that I have purchased from Hopkins. This dealership is top notch, no bullsh** during the buying process. Both Tony and Jeff treated me like I wanted to be treated, straight talk and fair all the way. This dealership ROCKS!!

Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc. responded to this review

June 13, 2016

Dear Buzbag22, Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you as it always has been. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out to either Tony or myself. We wish you the best of luck with your new truck. Sincerely, Jeff Hopkins

DieselLady
4/11/2016

"Bait-and-switch."

I brought my F250 into Ron Hopkins because it was starting very hard. After they looked my truck over, they said I needed new glow plugs at a cost of $900. I was floored, but that turned into anger when I brought it home and found they had NOT fixed the problem. I brought it back and they replaced the batteries. You would think they would have checked that BEFORE charging me $900 for glow plugs I didn't need. Called them and said it was running worse than ever and they proceeded to tell me it was my injectors. $1800-3000 to fix. Are you kidding me?! Be warned people: It's a classic and reprehensible bait-and-switch at Ron Hopkins.

Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc. responded to this review

April 18, 2016

Dear DieselLady, I wanted to thank you for speaking with me on the phone about your recent service visits. I just wanted to clarify some information in this review as I did with you. Your first visit in February was for a long crank, which our diagnostic system pinpointed as a glow plug failure. After replacing and road testing, this solved your first problem. At that time we did test the batteries as part of the system test and the batteries did pass the test. With a vehicle that is 10 years old and has 215,000 miles on it, sometime there are more than one problem. Your 6.0 liter diesel has been no exception unfortunately. After a week you brought it back in for a "slow" crank and your batteries now failed the battery test, which can happen at anytime. We choose to pay for your batteries because of the inconvenience. One month following that you brought the vehicle in for a misfire. We explained that you had an injector problem on cylinders #3 and #8. The injector repair would have cost $1800 if you were to do only the 2 and $3,000 if you did all of them and there would be a warranty on those parts for two years. After talking to you on the phone you brought it to my attention that you had already had them replaced a few year prior at another Ford dealer, but because it wasn't here, there was no record of it. Unfortunately all three of these issues are unrelated and unfortunate. We wish you nothing but the best of luck with your Diesel F-250 in the future. Sincerely, Jeff Hopkins

Djquin02
12/15/2015

"Stay away once they get your money they won't fix your car."

Bought a new 2016 explorer from them and one week later I seen there was something wrong with the paint so I took it back to them and they sent it to the body shop to see what it was they called it paint pop and needed to wet sand it after they did the they gave me my car back (now I had a black truck with white dots all over it) they told me that now they have to repainted the whole car. So they did it took them four weeks and when I picked it up the orange peel is so bad the paint will wave a you when you look at it and the inside of the truck is so dirty the car looks like it's 5 years old when I brought it to the owners attention he said to me "how do I know you did do that to the interior and that the paint looks good" when I just picked up the car he is a joke. And will not fix the car the correct way the dealer ship is a joke like he is. Last year I had my f-250 diesel there for a no start and they told me that it needed a new motor and would cost $12000.00 so I had it towed out of there and took it to another ford dealer and they fixed it for $500.00 they only care about how much money they can get out of you STAY AWAY STAY AWAY form jay Hopkin and Tony Nykolajcuyk they lie about everything STAY AWAY STAY WAy

Reviews of Joe  Lascio