Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

1045 East Chicago Street, Elgin, Illinois 60120

Makes: Ford | Service Center

Showroom Hours: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM Open Now

Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

1045 East Chicago Street,
Elgin, Illinois 60120
Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc. Info
About Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

In 1982 Ron Hopkins bought the Ford dealership with one business plan in mind. Provide our customers with only the nicest new, pre-owned, and certified pre-owned vehicles at competitive pricing. Keep those customers coming back with a service department that provides the answers and services that our customers need in a timely fashion, and provide all of this with the customers satisfaction as the primary focus. We have found that competitive online pricing and a staff that has a commitment to making sure all Hopkins Ford customers are happy when they leave the dealership, has provided us with 30 years of customers that keep coming back. Stop by and learn why we're positive you will join the Hopkins Ford family.

About Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc.

Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 AM

DieselLady
4/11/2016

"Bait-and-switch."

I brought my F250 into Ron Hopkins because it was starting very hard. After they looked my truck over, they said I needed new glow plugs at a cost of $900. I was floored, but that turned into anger when I brought it home and found they had NOT fixed the problem. I brought it back and they replaced the batteries. You would think they would have checked that BEFORE charging me $900 for glow plugs I didn't need. Called them and said it was running worse than ever and they proceeded to tell me it was my injectors. $1800-3000 to fix. Are you kidding me?! Be warned people: It's a classic and reprehensible bait-and-switch at Ron Hopkins.

Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc. responded to this review

April 18, 2016

Dear DieselLady, I wanted to thank you for speaking with me on the phone about your recent service visits. I just wanted to clarify some information in this review as I did with you. Your first visit in February was for a long crank, which our diagnostic system pinpointed as a glow plug failure. After replacing and road testing, this solved your first problem. At that time we did test the batteries as part of the system test and the batteries did pass the test. With a vehicle that is 10 years old and has 215,000 miles on it, sometime there are more than one problem. Your 6.0 liter diesel has been no exception unfortunately. After a week you brought it back in for a "slow" crank and your batteries now failed the battery test, which can happen at anytime. We choose to pay for your batteries because of the inconvenience. One month following that you brought the vehicle in for a misfire. We explained that you had an injector problem on cylinders #3 and #8. The injector repair would have cost $1800 if you were to do only the 2 and $3,000 if you did all of them and there would be a warranty on those parts for two years. After talking to you on the phone you brought it to my attention that you had already had them replaced a few year prior at another Ford dealer, but because it wasn't here, there was no record of it. Unfortunately all three of these issues are unrelated and unfortunate. We wish you nothing but the best of luck with your Diesel F-250 in the future. Sincerely, Jeff Hopkins

Djquin02
12/15/2015

"Stay away once they get your money they won't fix your car."

Bought a new 2016 explorer from them and one week later I seen there was something wrong with the paint so I took it back to them and they sent it to the body shop to see what it was they called it paint pop and needed to wet sand it after they did the they gave me my car back (now I had a black truck with white dots all over it) they told me that now they have to repainted the whole car. So they did it took them four weeks and when I picked it up the orange peel is so bad the paint will wave a you when you look at it and the inside of the truck is so dirty the car looks like it's 5 years old when I brought it to the owners attention he said to me "how do I know you did do that to the interior and that the paint looks good" when I just picked up the car he is a joke. And will not fix the car the correct way the dealer ship is a joke like he is. Last year I had my f-250 diesel there for a no start and they told me that it needed a new motor and would cost $12000.00 so I had it towed out of there and took it to another ford dealer and they fixed it for $500.00 they only care about how much money they can get out of you STAY AWAY STAY AWAY form jay Hopkin and Tony Nykolajcuyk they lie about everything STAY AWAY STAY WAy

Car123
11/09/2015

"You call THAT "customer service"?!"

I called in this afternoon inquiring about a car. The employee took my name and number and said they'd make sure to tell their manager to have the car ready when I got there later that afternoon. I drove from over an hour away so this was very nice of them on their behalf. Unfortunately, when I got there we'd just sat down waiting to talk to someone about the car and noticed another potential buyer eyeing the same car. They sat down with someone before we did (even though they arrived after us) and we're talking about getting the same car. Literally, within minutes, the car I drove over an hour to see was sold to the other people. The seller told me on the way out that if I ever needed to buy a car to come see them about getting a new one. Are you kidding me?! Ha! What a joke. Waste of time from my family, money in gas...to be told the car would be there for me only to have it taken from underneath my nose. Wow. I didn't bother to speak to a manager because they were all so unprofessional. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone looking for a good car. Their lack of professionalism is sad. I don't know how they can be so crass to one customer and sell the same car to another. This is by far the most negative experience I've ever had buying a car. Didn't even apologize to me. Never coming to this place again. Stay away! Go to a REAL dealer, quality and professionalism is not found here.

Hopkins Ford of Elgin, Inc. responded to this review

November 09, 2015

Car123, I can understand your frustration with the situation, however a few things need to be clarified. When you first arrived the vehicle was pulled up and ready for your appointment. You were able to drive the vehicle twice and in the meantime another group of potential customers showed up to take a look at the vehicle. The other group waited for you to take a second test drive in it before experiencing it themselves. Our policy on used vehicles is price vehicles to sell. After sitting down with the sales consultant you offered us a very low price for the vehicle which we couldn't accommodate. In that time the other family committed to the advertised price after driving the car. It's an uncomfortable situation for the both of us, and we wish we could have had the same car twice. We wish you nothing but the best of luck finding your next car.

Quinley
10/20/2015

"Ford Explorer"

We purchased are first brand new 2016 ford explorer from Tony Nykolajcuyk. It was a great experience. He got us everything we wanted in our first new car! Would recommend Tony to anyone that wants to buy a car! The Quinleys

Pony Owner
10/16/2015

"Easy to work with and friendly!"

This is the third car I've purchased from Hopkins Ford. Each experience has been great. They respond quickly to e-mails/phone calls and they do not hesitate to take the extra step to get the info needed so you can make an informed decision.

Alice123
9/18/2015

"Excellent car buying experience!"

When I was looking to trade in my SUV for a smaller more economic car, I was given a no hassle car buying experience! I explained what I was looking for and they were able to give me some great options. Tony was very informative of the features of the cars, which helped me to make a decision. There was no pressure at any time. Joe and Tony were more than helpful throughout the entire process!

Mercury1
9/15/2015

"Used Car Purchase"

The buying experience was smooth and professional. The salesman returned by call quickly and described the car accurately. When I arrived the car met my expectations.

Marshal
9/13/2015

"Better than expected"

We spent several weeks driving here, there and everywhere meeting with private owners trying to avoid dealerships but the trucks looked great in the pics and ended up being in terrible condition so we finally seen a truck we'd love to have, but at a dealership. We drove in expecting a high price and pushy salesman. It turned out to be a very fair deal and Israel "Izzy" Gonzales was a pleasure to work with. He was fantastic

Philly Cheeze
9/06/2015

"Dropped the ball after the sale"

I was promised Crystal Fusion reapplication when I had my windshield replaced. Replaced windshield, Still waiting 2 months later. I was up front about the areas I drive in knowing that the windshield would get replaced and was told that crystal fusion would be reapplied free of charge as long as I owned the vehicle. Now I was informed that I may have to pay for the reapplication.

DrJack
9/02/2015

"Best Buying Experience, Excellent Service Department"

My wife and I purchased a 2015 Ford C-Max from Hopkins a few weeks ago. Mike Holcomb is an ideal salesman. His number one interest was helping us select a car that fit our lifestyle best rather than the "most car" we could afford. The vehicles took center stage and he acted as a resource of product knowledge. Combined with great previous experience with Steve in the service department, Hopkins Ford has earned our family's business for years to come.

Reviews of Bob Gillman