Horace Nissan - Service Center

Overall Rating N/A

Horace Nissan - Service Center
Horace Nissan - Service Center Info

3 Service Center Reviews

"HORACE Nissan in Farmington, New Mexico is terrible when..."

HORACE Nissan in Farmington, New Mexico is terrible when it comes to the knowledge of their service dept. Although they are friendly, they have no clue as to what they are doing. I took my new Nissan in to the service dept. two times because the transmission was failing terribly. Both times, instead of fixing the (under warranty) transmission, they cleared the computer codes and sent me on my way. My son took the car on a trip to another state, and the transmission failed, nearly leaving him stranded in the mountains. The nearest Nissan dealer immediately identified the problem and fixed it. I would never use HORACE Nissan again, for sales or service. They simply replied to my plea for help with sarcasm. HORACE NISSAN IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO IS A DEFINATE MISTAKE.

Clifton Horace

TKE responded to this review

November 05, 2012

You're letter says you would "go the extra mile to try to make up" for my dissatisfaction. You also apologize for you and your team. While this may all sound kind and polite for readers... I must remind you: When I asked for your help to get my stranded children home from another state (Colorado) you refused to offer any help. You also refused loan me a car while mine was in Colorado being repaired because of your service departments incompetence. You refused to help get my car back home after it was repaired in Denver. You refused to help with hotel bills when my children had to stay in Denver before we could figure out how to get them home. You refused to help with hotel bills when my husband had to go get the repaired vehicle. In fact, you have refused to help with a single thing. It took a letter to Nissan USA to get any help with them splitting just the cost of gasoline with us. I don't believe a word you say when you try to sound apologetic. Merely words with NO action. Please don't act like your offer of $100 off of service was a gesture of kindness, when you know good and well, I will never spend another second of my life at your dealership. Although driving to Durango is a bit of an inconvenience, I will gladly go there rather than your place of business.

Horace Nissan responded to this review

November 05, 2012

The following letter was sent August 12, 2011. The transmission failure occured more than a month after we had the vehicle in our care and could not duplicate the problem. Again we would like to apoligise. August 12, 2011 Dear _____ Thank you for taking the time to write and share your frustration. We too, are very aggravated over the situation and would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have suffered. It’s unusual that I am aware of any particular car or problem that is in our shop but Josh our service manager had already shared his frustration over your car and the situation it put you in. Much like doctors and insurance companies we have strict parameters we have to work within that do not allow us to guess at possible cures or repairs. At the time we had your automobile in our care we were unable to produce enough evidence (codes) or an actual symptom that would allow us to repair or replace the transmission. In an extraordinary effort we drove your care further than any other car we can recall trying to duplicate the problem or trigger another code. As you know we never triggered a code or witnessed the problem. We are truly sorry to loose your business and trust. If it helps, we have other manufactures and products, and would go an extra mile to try and make up for your dissatisfaction should you desire to trade. We hope that you would not have taken the time to bring this to our attention if you did not want to remain our customer. Again please except my apologies and those from our team here at Horace Nissan, we did not do any of this intentionally. Clifton Horace

"Our initial experience was great, our salesman was..."

Our initial experience was great, our salesman was wonderful and we got a great deal on our 2008 X-Terra last year. Apparently the one thing this dealership is great at is lying. We were told that the black rubber like treatment in the rear of the car was scratch resistent. What a joke! We put a gallon of milk in the back the first week we had it and the sliding around scratched the lining beyond reason. When we complained about this the only response we could get was "that's not supposed to happen". How helpful! The service department certainly leaves something to be desired. The first oil change we took the car in for took over 4 hours. When we repeatedly asked what was taking so long (we were waiting in the lobby with our 1 year old) we were told that they were working on it. 4 hours later with no apologies it was finally ready to go. Took the car back because the driver's seat is loose and were told that there is nothing wrong with it. Apparently it is normal for a seat to slide around as you are driving down the street. Who knew? And the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back? We called the service department because we were hearing some front end noise and were told to bring it in. We were also told that it was time for servicing, oil change, tire rotate and balance, all covered under our warranty (so that person said). We took the car in an hour earlier than we were scheduled and two and half hours later received the call that the car was ready. They had to order parts for the front end and the total due for the oil change and tire rotation was $70. We were told that whoever told us that these things would be covered under the warranty was wrong and the $70 will have to be paid before they would release the car. Had we known that there would be a charge, we would have taken our vehicle to Jiffy Lube. Jiffy Lube does a full service oil change with a tire rotate and balance in under 30 minutes on a busy day. They also stand behind their work. I would not recommend Horrace Nissan's joke of a service department to anybody, we are also looking into finding an alternate service department to have our front end repairs made.

AJ (salesman) and Service Department

Horace Nissan responded to this review

November 05, 2012

Dear sir, Its November 2012 and we just now discovered this company and your long ago sent complaint. While we do not recall the specific circumstances surrounding your mistreatment; we do know that inspite of doing everything correctly 97% of the time we are also capable of really screwing something up. In your case it looks like we did just that. Please let me send a belated apoligie from both myself and all the folks here at Horace Nissan. There is no excuse for the failures you have suffered through. If you would ever like to talk more about this please call me personally at 505-327-0366. Again please accept our apoligies. Clifton Horace

"We went in with electrical problems, scared that the..."

We went in with electrical problems, scared that the total would be so high that we'd be better off in a new car. The service department found 2 loose fuses, and popped them back in free of charge. They did not even charge for diagnosing electrical (normally $62.50). All they charged for was the oil change. They had an opportunity to make a small problem sound bigger and more expensive but they were honest and kind instead. When we need a new car, that's where we'll buy it.

Beth

Contact Information

Appointment Details

Drop off vehicle
Wait for service
Drop off vehicle
Wait for service

Vehicle Information

Please update the areas marked in red.