Howdy Honda

5519 E Ben White Blvd,
Austin, Texas 78741
Howdy Honda Info
About Howdy Honda

We are Austin friendly - Texas proud dealership that wants to be your home for your new Honda, Certified Pre Owned Honda or quality used car. Check, Traveler's Check, American Express, Cash, Financing, Discover, MasterCard, Visa Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Honda Odyssey, Honda Element, Honda Insight, Honda CRZ, Honda CRV, Honda Pilot, Honda Ridgeline Customer Waiting, Children's area, waiting area, free coffee, free doughnuts, large flat screen TVs, FREE wifi FREE drinks, water, coffee, and juices Parts, accessories, novelty, wholesale parts FREE shuttle bus delivery for service customers, FREE parts and wholesale parts delivery Delivery to and from airport - Auto Pilot Program

About Howdy Honda

• Auto Pilot Service
heitfeld
7/15/2016

"Friendly people at Howdy Honda - Staci Dunneback"

My wife and I had shopped at other Honda dealerships in the Austin area (including one that was closer to home) before reaching out to Howdy Honda, and I'm glad that we did. Howdy Honda is on the other side of town from my house and we had preferred the closer dealership but after becoming fed up with the closer dealership, we called Howdy Honda. The people there were much more accommodating and really made it worth the drive. We setup an appointment with Staci Dunneback, whom was really understanding of our situation and really worked with us to get the maximum value from my trade-in. Overall, I would say that Staci and everyone that we interacted with were just all-around nice people - and you could get the feeling that it was a family-oriented dealership that truly cares about its customers. Thank you Staci Dunneback and Howdy Honda, I am loving my new Honda Civic!

Staci Dunneback

Bastrop
5/15/2016

"Everything was perfect quick and friendly "

I was scared to be presumed into buying something l didn't need or want. Steve Gonzales made me feel valued and conformable and it went very quickly, I was more than pleased.

Steve Gonzales

ALindquist18
3/26/2016

"Fast Service"

As soon as we arrived at Howdy Honda's, 5519 E Ben White Blvd Austin, TX 78741, location, my family and I were immediately taken care of. We viewed the Honda Fit with Jonathan Brewer's, a sales Consultant. He was very knowledgeable about the car, and answered all of our questions in depth. After we each got a feel for the car we instantaneously feel in love. Jonathan as well as many of his coworkers worked hard to get us the best possible deal. The employees including Jonathan worked with us. In other words were very flexible, conscientious, and attentive to our needs. I would highly recommend getting a car from: Howdy Honda's, 5519 E Ben White Blvd Austin, TX 78741 location.

Jonathan Brewer

Michael&Pam
1/22/2016

"GREAT: Jonathan Brewer/ Sales Consultant and Don/Financing "

First spoke with exceptional sales consultant Jonathan Brewer via phone where he genuinely listened and professionally answered all our questions concerning purchasing a 2016 Honda Pilot. His commitment and patience to find us exactly what we wanted in our new Pilot made our car buying experience fun and enjoyable. Don in financing thoroughly explained all options and able to secure great interest rate for us. Jon and Don great team and definitely would recommend them to all our family and friends when buying new car.

Jonathan Brewer/Sales Consultant and Don/ Financing

Sergey
10/08/2015

"Made it easy to buy a car with professional salesman"

Our salesman Nik Potov was the best and most thorough in explaining the whole process. I was an easy experience and am very impressed with this dealership!

Nick Potov

CRV lover
9/11/2015

"New car purchase"

I was extremely pleased with Mr. Gonzales dedication and help to get me the best deal on my new Honda! Kudos to salesman Mr. Gonzales!

Steve Gonzalez

Xtermy
2/24/2015

"Howdy Honda has Rude Customer Service"

I went in to change the oil on my 2013 Honda CR-V, as well as to check the brakes and several other small electrical issues. They convinced me to do an expensive wheel alignment as well, plus replaced both of my windshield wiper blades without me asking for it, yet charged me for it all the same. Also, an electrical issue with the onboard computer could not be fixed. Nevertheless, everything was more or less normal until I got the bill. The bill summary was divided into parts, labor, something fishy called "shop supplies" - which should have been included in the parts section, tax, discounts and total. Since I bought my Honda at their dealership, they said they would give me a 10% discount. Interestingly enough though, it did not apply upon the "shop supplies" category. I was willing to accept it, but noticed that even if one applies the discount only to parts and labor, it should still be a little over a dollar more. When I mentioned this to the cashier, she went to talk to someone named Clint Collins. This was the original person who had convinced me to do the wheel alignment. He was already impatient back then, but now I could hear his angry tone. He then walked towards me, and, with an angry facial expression, said that he didn't think I would worry about a dollar when I beforehand took 2 water bottles instead of just one and had wasted too much toilet paper (really?!). I told him that he is being unbelievably rude, and when I denied "using too much toilet paper" he said that he did not believe me. In response I told him that he has forever lost my business with Howdy Honda. This dealership even has the nerve of writing the following on another car site: "As our name implies, we are a friendly automobile dealership with a real pride in our Texas roots. I have made a personal commitment to provide that every customer visiting our dealership be treated warmly, with dignity and respect. In short, like I would want my own mother and father to be treated". I don't think ANY of Howdy Honda's employees would have wanted ANYONE to treat their parents the way I was. Never in my life had I met such a rude person, who hasn't the first clue on how to treat human beings, let alone customers. Howdy Honda has lost my business forever, and they should fire that "service" representative.

nicolesthe1
2/20/2015

"PAY TO WASTE YOUR TIME AND FOR JERKS BEING RUDE"

As a recent resident of austin this has got to be the worst customer service expirience i have ever had. I called the day before about getting my car serviced (a prior mechanic already told me it was my radiator fans) and the service tech JESSE told me the job wouldnt take longer than that day that diagnosing it would be in and out and they would be able to tell me what the problem was. I then told him that it would be fine if i left it as long as they would be able to get me a loaner. JESSE without even checking quikklu told me there were none and he didnt know when some would become avalable. FINE. I took my car in as early as they opened (7am) to give them enough time. I called at 3pm because i hadnt heard from them (this is after getting a ride to work) and i was told i would get a call back. 4pm comes along and THEY HAVE STILL NOT SEEN MY CAR. At this point im thinking why in the world would this crooked sales tech give me the impression it would be done and it hasnt even been seen??? He then tells me he leaves at six and someone else would have to help me after. At this point i am DONE. I find a ride to go pick up my car because i cannot be without my car another day as my job is very demanding and i still have to wait 20 minutes to get my car which has not even been seen and was parked somewhere. I was furious and just wanted someone to listen so i got passed onto CLINT COLLINS the "service manager" who was looked like a deer in headlights when i was explaining my entire problem with the way HOWDY HONDA performs service. He basically told me tough luck stuff happens and sent me about my way. I did not know until i got to HOWDY HONDA that i would have to PAY to be treated poorly. I will NEVER go back to this so called service center, my 8 year old has better manners than both of the men combined. If this is how this establishment treats paying customers i would not recommend it to anyone!! Unless you have an entire day to waste and still not have anything be done, and not evn getting an apology which was the worst part!!!!!

JESSE

Daryl
1/29/2015

"Had a perplexing issue with my 94 Accord and Howdy fixed it!"

Another service dept was unable to accurately diagnose the issue with my '94 Accord. So I took it to Howdy and Jesse & Co. took a look. The computer diagnosis was ambiguous about the malfunctioning part, but they were able to make an educated guess regarding the power control module. Honda no longer manufactures this part, but they were able to get an aftermarket part. As it turned out, there was a control relay that was malfunctioning in conjunction with the PCM. They replaced this part for only the cost of the part (i.e. no labor charge, since this wasn't in their estimate). Short story is that they fixed my Accord, when someone else couldn't, and did it under the promised budget despite running into additional challenges. They have earned my business.

Jesse

rsameer
7/26/2014

"Funny Experience with seemingly very untrained Sales person"

All started for me with my decision to make my wife try a new Civic and buy it if she likes it, and ended with feeling confused and frustrated. We met Justin at the start who was friendly, very well informed and proactive in showing different models with all color combinations etc. We wanted to check out a different Seat color for a Grey Civic, and he went out in a 100 degree to get one to ensure we get to see it. All was going like a charm and the only thing remaining was to work out the commercials. Just then Justin bailed out (to attend other customers) asking Victor to handle paperwork. None of these guys are ready to tell the price, as weird as it may sound. I ended up filling lot of forms, divulging lot of my info (than what I was comfortable with), hoping to get a quote. They show me the list price and ask for my counter offer. I told them I haven't had chance to check any websites, I could work with their best offer and take from there. But these guys were not ready to give a price. We went from sales guy asking me to give a number in writing and asking me is there a reason I don't 'LIKE HIM'. Had to run from there before it got any more weird. If they have the president award, I would say it was our bad to end up with untrained guys, but I would not recommend this dealer to any of my friends. Buy Hyundai or Toyota they have some awesome guys

Justin, Victor