Howdy Honda

5519 E Ben White Blvd,
Austin, Texas 78741
Howdy Honda Info
About Howdy Honda

We are Austin friendly - Texas proud dealership that wants to be your home for your new Honda, Certified Pre Owned Honda or quality used car. Check, Traveler's Check, American Express, Cash, Financing, Discover, MasterCard, Visa Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Honda Odyssey, Honda Element, Honda Insight, Honda CRZ, Honda CRV, Honda Pilot, Honda Ridgeline Customer Waiting, Children's area, waiting area, free coffee, free doughnuts, large flat screen TVs, FREE wifi FREE drinks, water, coffee, and juices Parts, accessories, novelty, wholesale parts FREE shuttle bus delivery for service customers, FREE parts and wholesale parts delivery Delivery to and from airport - Auto Pilot Program

About Howdy Honda

• Auto Pilot Service
Xtermy
2/24/2015

"Howdy Honda has Rude Customer Service"

I went in to change the oil on my 2013 Honda CR-V, as well as to check the brakes and several other small electrical issues. They convinced me to do an expensive wheel alignment as well, plus replaced both of my windshield wiper blades without me asking for it, yet charged me for it all the same. Also, an electrical issue with the onboard computer could not be fixed. Nevertheless, everything was more or less normal until I got the bill. The bill summary was divided into parts, labor, something fishy called "shop supplies" - which should have been included in the parts section, tax, discounts and total. Since I bought my Honda at their dealership, they said they would give me a 10% discount. Interestingly enough though, it did not apply upon the "shop supplies" category. I was willing to accept it, but noticed that even if one applies the discount only to parts and labor, it should still be a little over a dollar more. When I mentioned this to the cashier, she went to talk to someone named Clint Collins. This was the original person who had convinced me to do the wheel alignment. He was already impatient back then, but now I could hear his angry tone. He then walked towards me, and, with an angry facial expression, said that he didn't think I would worry about a dollar when I beforehand took 2 water bottles instead of just one and had wasted too much toilet paper (really?!). I told him that he is being unbelievably rude, and when I denied "using too much toilet paper" he said that he did not believe me. In response I told him that he has forever lost my business with Howdy Honda. This dealership even has the nerve of writing the following on another car site: "As our name implies, we are a friendly automobile dealership with a real pride in our Texas roots. I have made a personal commitment to provide that every customer visiting our dealership be treated warmly, with dignity and respect. In short, like I would want my own mother and father to be treated". I don't think ANY of Howdy Honda's employees would have wanted ANYONE to treat their parents the way I was. Never in my life had I met such a rude person, who hasn't the first clue on how to treat human beings, let alone customers. Howdy Honda has lost my business forever, and they should fire that "service" representative.

nicolesthe1
2/20/2015

"PAY TO WASTE YOUR TIME AND FOR JERKS BEING RUDE"

As a recent resident of austin this has got to be the worst customer service expirience i have ever had. I called the day before about getting my car serviced (a prior mechanic already told me it was my radiator fans) and the service tech JESSE told me the job wouldnt take longer than that day that diagnosing it would be in and out and they would be able to tell me what the problem was. I then told him that it would be fine if i left it as long as they would be able to get me a loaner. JESSE without even checking quikklu told me there were none and he didnt know when some would become avalable. FINE. I took my car in as early as they opened (7am) to give them enough time. I called at 3pm because i hadnt heard from them (this is after getting a ride to work) and i was told i would get a call back. 4pm comes along and THEY HAVE STILL NOT SEEN MY CAR. At this point im thinking why in the world would this crooked sales tech give me the impression it would be done and it hasnt even been seen??? He then tells me he leaves at six and someone else would have to help me after. At this point i am DONE. I find a ride to go pick up my car because i cannot be without my car another day as my job is very demanding and i still have to wait 20 minutes to get my car which has not even been seen and was parked somewhere. I was furious and just wanted someone to listen so i got passed onto CLINT COLLINS the "service manager" who was looked like a deer in headlights when i was explaining my entire problem with the way HOWDY HONDA performs service. He basically told me tough luck stuff happens and sent me about my way. I did not know until i got to HOWDY HONDA that i would have to PAY to be treated poorly. I will NEVER go back to this so called service center, my 8 year old has better manners than both of the men combined. If this is how this establishment treats paying customers i would not recommend it to anyone!! Unless you have an entire day to waste and still not have anything be done, and not evn getting an apology which was the worst part!!!!!

JESSE

Daryl
1/29/2015

"Had a perplexing issue with my 94 Accord and Howdy fixed it!"

Another service dept was unable to accurately diagnose the issue with my '94 Accord. So I took it to Howdy and Jesse & Co. took a look. The computer diagnosis was ambiguous about the malfunctioning part, but they were able to make an educated guess regarding the power control module. Honda no longer manufactures this part, but they were able to get an aftermarket part. As it turned out, there was a control relay that was malfunctioning in conjunction with the PCM. They replaced this part for only the cost of the part (i.e. no labor charge, since this wasn't in their estimate). Short story is that they fixed my Accord, when someone else couldn't, and did it under the promised budget despite running into additional challenges. They have earned my business.

Jesse

rsameer
7/26/2014

"Funny Experience with seemingly very untrained Sales person"

All started for me with my decision to make my wife try a new Civic and buy it if she likes it, and ended with feeling confused and frustrated. We met Justin at the start who was friendly, very well informed and proactive in showing different models with all color combinations etc. We wanted to check out a different Seat color for a Grey Civic, and he went out in a 100 degree to get one to ensure we get to see it. All was going like a charm and the only thing remaining was to work out the commercials. Just then Justin bailed out (to attend other customers) asking Victor to handle paperwork. None of these guys are ready to tell the price, as weird as it may sound. I ended up filling lot of forms, divulging lot of my info (than what I was comfortable with), hoping to get a quote. They show me the list price and ask for my counter offer. I told them I haven't had chance to check any websites, I could work with their best offer and take from there. But these guys were not ready to give a price. We went from sales guy asking me to give a number in writing and asking me is there a reason I don't 'LIKE HIM'. Had to run from there before it got any more weird. If they have the president award, I would say it was our bad to end up with untrained guys, but I would not recommend this dealer to any of my friends. Buy Hyundai or Toyota they have some awesome guys

Justin, Victor

RitaRodriguez
6/19/2014

"I had a wonderful experience shopping for a new car at Honda"

I've had my Honda Accord for two years and i didn't go into the shop to buy a new vehicle, but after looking around at the Honda CR-V i couldn't resist! Brad P took care of me from the time he showed me the vehicle to the time i talked with the finance person. Brad was very nice and professional. Thank for all your help!!

Brad Plauche

sraphael
5/06/2014

"New Car"

Brad Plauche is knowledgable, no pressure, made the buying experience a pleasure.I saved over $100.00 per month, same model, versus a competitor dealer.

Brad Plauche

WillK88
4/12/2014

"The only Way Dealing with Twentysomethings"

I couldn't be more happier after my visit to HowdyHonda in Austin. I'm about to trade in my car and get some new wheels for myself. Ron and his manager were amazing and very patient with a youngster, helping in every way to get a good market overview, and help him to figure out a deal. After my terrible experience with FirstTexasHonda, Howdy is the only place to go to. They are dealing with people as any dealers shall. Couple of things: - Correctness with TradeIN - Honest and helpful staff - Quick and descriptive answers Cannot wait to get my hands on the SI soon!

Ron Victorino

gesawyer
3/04/2014

"Friendly, courteous, and received a great deal both on..."

Friendly, courteous, and received a great deal both on price and financing. Ask for Jose Gomez very friendly nice guy. I would recommend howdy honda to anyone looking for a new or used car.

Jose Gomez

riatarom
12/18/2013

"I went to Howdy Honda to get a routine oil change. When..."

I went to Howdy Honda to get a routine oil change. When I arrived, Jose greeted me. I hate coming to dealerships without my brother or dad because I feel like women are quickly judged. Not in this case, Jose greeted me professionally and made me feel really comfortable. I waited in the lobby, which was super nice! Everything was so organized, I was proud to get my car serviced there. Once my car was ready, Jose explained everything that was done to my car and was very detailed when I asked questions. I always thought that employees don't have extensive knowledge on cars but it was clear Jose knew exactly what he was explaining and how everything worked. I felt really comfortable that day and it compelled me to write a review. I will continue to get my car serviced at Howdy Honda and praise this whole dealership!

Jose

scheryl
2/13/2013

"I'm sure that you are familiar with people who..."

I'm sure that you are familiar with people who contact your office with complaints, but I would like to do just the opposite. I would like you to know what a wonderful person you have on your team. I have had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with Howdy Honda over the past 2-3 yrs. thru your service dept., which has been nothing but a wonderful experience, even though I did not purchase my vehicle at your dealership. So when the opportunity presented itself for me to purchase another car, I looked at Howdy Honda. I had rec'd a post card about the vehicle exchange program & called 2/9/13 & was advised to go on line & fill out the application & rec'd a ph. call from Rita Limon who is an angel! She worked the deal & was extremely pleasant! I have never had a more pleasurable car buying experience! I was not left in a room to wonder what was going on. We did most of the work by phone, fax & email! When I came into the office on 2/6/13 it was to decide if I wanted a new or used car and I picked out my vehicle, signed the papers & drove away!! I fell in love with my original Honda CRV & I absolutely adore my new CRV and I plan to be a Howdy Honda customer for a long time! Rita is a jewel & you must let her know this!! Thank You for listening, a very SATISFIED customer, Scheryl H.

Rita Limon