Husson Motors

Good

Husson Motors
Husson Motors Info
About Husson Motors

Husson Motors in Salem, NH treats the needs of each individual customer with paramount concern. We know that you have high expectations, and as a car dealer we enjoy the challenge of meeting and exceeding those standards each and every time. Allow us to demonstrate our commitment to excellence! Our experienced sales staff is eager to share its knowledge and enthusiasm with you. We encourage you to browse our online inventory, schedule a test drive and investigate financing options. You can also request more information about a vehicle using our online form or by calling 603.898.AUTO.

About Husson Motors

Sunday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

"So far so good"

I haven't gone in yet an looked at the vechile but I found one that I really like an I called an explained my situation to Chris an he made me aware of what I should get together to come in with an so I look forward to going an an hopefully choosing a vechile from them!! Chris was very polite an had excellent customer service skills

"Service"

Quick service! Jeff got me in right away and diagnosed the problem within minutes. Ordered the parts and I was bock on the road in no time. Thanks, Jeff

Jeff Husson

"No pressure added"

My sales person Sandra Compton was great she never pressured me,she was very pleasant, answered all my questions never pushed the vehicle on me

Sandra Compton

"Not So Happy Customer"

Dealt with "Internet Sales Person Sandy".......-While doing the paperwork for my 2005 Solara, I said I wanted 3 years financing. They came out with all the paperwork all ready done and it was for 4 years. Bad Start ! The vehicle was not "prepped" at all. Still had the window tint on the windows (not legal in NH) , and the big price sticker on the front window. I had to make a trip to Salem to get the tint removed. Then she told me the car was loud because it was the "Sport" model....turns out the exhaust had been changed somewhere to a "Performance" exhaust (very loud). She wouldn't budge on the price-even thought the vehicle was missing the front spoiler , had a rust spot, and several dings and dents-which I really couldn't see because it was dark when I bought the car. After I left I discovered there was an internet special coupon for a couple hundred bucks off she didn't tell me about. Then she told me that if I got the car fixed at the Salem Shop I would not have to pay the $100 deductible for the warranty I was talked into. Wrong. I called the shop with a problem I had right away and they said I would have to pay the $100 deductible. And of course the problem I had was NOT covered by the top notch "extra" warranty I bought. I had the Toyota Dealer in Rochester look at it and the front end steering needs to be lubed. (car clunks and bangs when I turn corners) Efforts to contact the dealership have gone un-noticed and my emails to her have gone unanswered.

Sandy

BryanNH responded to this review

July 08, 2014

you asked why I waited so long ? I just stumbled across this website of Reviews one day and decided to participate in the Review Process. The Muffler is aftermarket ! I got an estimate to fix the rust spot and it was well over $1,000 due to the color of the car - they said they would have to paint the whole door. You did call me ONCE after I left the review -and I was at work. You did NOT leave any messages. I like the car - it's just disappointing to have a problem and it not be covered by the warranty. I did call the shop to discuss the problem (the second problem ) and they said I would have to pay the deductible so I just went to the Toyota Dealer who told me it was not covered by warranty. The first problem was the buzzing - which I am told was not heard when I brought it to you because it was raining / snowing and when wheel bearings are wet the noise wouldn't be heard. I have since had the problems taken care of by a local mechanic so there is no need to follow up on this. Thank you! Now if I could just cancel the warranty and get my $1,600 back ....I would - but I'm guessing that isn't an option. As far as your reputation - out of 26 reviews there are 3 bad ones - there should be none.

Husson Motors responded to this review

June 26, 2014

Mr. Lewis, I have read your review on Dealer Rater and I do have one question for you. You purchased the vehicle on Feb 26th 2014 and this is June, Why is it you waited this long if you felt the way you do. You sent me several emails on Feb 27th starting at 5:17am.All of which I have answered. Your complaint at that time was a loud buzzing noise coming from the dashboard. I addressed that by asking you to bring the car into the repair shop which you did. The tech went with you for a ride and no noise was heard. At that time the tint was removed from the window and the car was inspected. You left with no other complaints. As for the day you purchased the car you asked for a discount and said there was a rust spot and two small dents. I told you we could not give you a discount and fix the spots. You agreed to fix them yourself after receiving a $500 discount. You purchased a warranty for the vehicle and we gave you a 3 year warranty for the price of a 2 year warranty.You questioned the muffler and I told you it was a sports model which it is. As for the term of the loan you requested a payment amount which we gave you and at the time you said 3 or 4 years. To get that payment we had to go for 4 year term. Both you and your wife agreed that that was acceptable. The contract was very clear and you received copies of all the paperwork. I am not sure what warranty work you wanted done however you never contacted me. If you had and the work was covered I would have waived the deductible. As for any coupons we offer they need to be presented at time of purchase or repair. March 4th was the last email I received from you. After receiving your review we attempted twice to call you and left messages with no response from you. We have an excellent reputation and have been in business over 20 years. We have many satisfied customers because we go above and beyond to meet the expectations of all our reasonable customers.

"I had been to this dealership a couple of times looking..."

I had been to this dealership a couple of times looking to buy a car for my daughter. I had the good luck to deal with Chris Normyle on those occasions. Even though I didn't buy a car at either of those visits, this visit, I did. I cannot recommend this dealership enough if what you are looking for is a later model used car. They usually have a good selection and the cars all seems to be in great shape. My daughter found a car that she was extremely happy with and the buying process was smooth and easy. The main reason however that I returned to Husson Motors was the way I was treated by Chris. Even when I didn't buy on my earlier visits, he was as friendly and professional as the first time I had been there. I had been looking for a car for a time and visited many dealerships and I was always "pounced" on by a salesman who right away wanted to know how he could get me to buy a car. I can tell you that this is the exact opposite of the way I was treated a Husson Motors. I would highly recommend this dealership to any of my friends and relatives. I am extremely happy with the transaction on the whole and the customer service aspect in particular!

"I'm looking for a low-cost car to replace my totaled..."

I'm looking for a low-cost car to replace my totaled vehicle. However, I want it to hold up for the next few years of driving, so I'm hoping for a Honda or Toyota, cars that are known for lasting. Husson was advertising an "as is" Civic that seemed like it could be a good bargain. Chris was very friendly, explained that the vehicle needed some work to pass inspection, and explained the details of what kind of work was needed. He even made it clear to me that they only knew about the inspection requirements, and that there may be other necessary maintenance required. I was enjoying working with him and he seemed very understanding. However, he said that his boss stipulates that if I take it to a mechanic to have it looked over, it had to be a mechanic in Salem. Our family mechanic whom we've known for 35 years and takes very good care of us was deemed too far away. He promised that we could pick any mechanic in Salem, but the one we know and trust was out of the question. Huge red flag that we couldn't pick our own mechanic less than an hour away. If I can't take it to my own mechanic, I can't trust the dealer. Edit: After I posted this review, the dealer contacted me to tell me that the reason I couldn't take it farther than Salem was due to its not passing inspection as is, and the associated safety concerns. In that light, it seems like a very wise policy. However, this information was not given to me before I wrote this review. If it had, I would have considered towing it to my mechanic or trying to make it work some other way. I have no problem buying an as-is vehicle, so long as I can have someone I know and trust look at it, so I can determine what the cost to make it roadworthy will be. Since I was not able to do that, I chose not to buy the vehicle. Simply being told I had to pick another mechanic just didn't feel right. Furthermore, I was skeptical of their response. In previous phone conversations, I was told that the manager didn't want us to take it to another town was because it was a "low cost vehicle." When they told me later that the car wasn't safe to drive, it felt like an excuse after the fact. They told me that without an inspection sticker, they "did not consider it to be safe on the road much less on the highway." If it didn't have a sticker, why was driving it anywhere at all on the table? If it's not safe on the road, why were they okay with me driving it to a mechanic in Salem? It seems to me that in this case, I should have been presented with options of having a mechanic come to the dealership or having the car towed to a mechanic. The only option Chris ever offered me was to drive the car to a mechanic himself. The irony of this will become apparent in a moment. After I wrote this review, they were very concerned and tried too contact me about it in multiple ways. If they had reached out in good faith to explain the misunderstanding and arrive at an amicable agreement, I would have been very pleased. That's not what happened. I received a very curt an accusatory voicemail from Chris. He said that I was wrong to write the review, because he did his job. (He did. I wrote that in the review and initially gave them 5 stars for friendliness.) He said it wasn't fair to post it where other customers might read it. I understand that concern, but even though I was critical, they actually still ended up with a 3.5 star review from me--an above average rating. The comments above the "Edit" section have not been changed at all. I made several compliments, and voiced one specific concern. However, in Chris's voicemail, he accused me of bashing them for selling an as-is vehicle. Definitely not the case. They also wrote an angry email to me through this site. The gist was that I had been made aware that the car as-is wouldn't pass inspection (this is true, they were clear about this), and therefore was not safe to drive on the road or the highway--which should, in my opinion, preclude taking it anywhere off the lot. However, Chris had previously offered to drive the car to a mechanic in Salem for me, which is not consistent with their saying the car wasn't safe on the road. Moreover, what they wrote to me was very, very rude and disrespectful, and included the following spurious accusation: "Your life may not mean much to you however it does to us as well as the life of any other person sharing the road with you." I'm sorry, *I'm* the one who's risking others' lives on the road? Are they not doing the same in offering to take the car off the lot to a Salem mechanic? It just doesn't add up to me. I initially told them that out of fairness, I wouldn't factor in the belligerence and accusatory nature of their communications with me. But I later learned that they had contacted my father, who had not been involved with my communications with Husson at all (they had his number because he was looking at the car for me since I was out of state.) My father told me that the way they spoke to him was "aggressive." This relieved me of any impetus or desire to be "fair" to them. I understand why they were upset with me in writing a less than glowing review, but that does NOT give them the right to harass my family. I am very protective of the people I love...far more so than the egos of spiteful used car dealers. In the end, they earned this review by being disrespectful and unkind to me and my father. In an ideal situation, they would have reached out in a conciliatory way to make things right by correcting the misunderstanding and treating me as a valued customer. I could potentially have at very least removed the review, or even upgraded it to a good review. Unfortunately, that is not what happened. I maintained the review as neutral, until they bullied my father. For that, their consequence is me telling the *whole* truth.

"Just bought vehicle from these folks. Had done my..."

Just bought vehicle from these folks. Had done my "homework" prior, and no real issues that I saw. My experience was very good- Chris treated me with respect, and did the best job he could for me. Overall, believe I got a good deal, outside of the finance rate (which was my own fault, given my credit situation), but Chris gave me advice as to options I had with that in the future. The vehicle is exactly as expected, and so far I am very happy. I would recommend Husson Motors to anyone who is looking for decent deals, and if credit-challenged (like I was) they will do their best for you. I doubt I would have done this well had I tried to go to a "traditional" dealership. Again, overall, dealing with Husson Motors has been one of the better car-buying experiences that I have had for quite some time.

Chris Normyle

"I litterally have just walked in the door from my visit..."

I litterally have just walked in the door from my visit to Husson Motors in Salem, NH...door to deal to door was 3 hours. I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with this company. I called them this morning, I had a Jeep to sell but needed to replace it with something more economical (and had found a car that I liked on their website), and still get funds back. From the moment Chris picked up the phone, I knew this was the dealer for me (and I am not an easy sell). I had definative numbers in my head and was not deviating from them, no matter what. He asked how fast I could get there and I pulled into their lot within an hour. Within the next 45 minutes we test drove the car I wanted and signed the deal. Never once did he pull the "car salesman act". Again, I am not easy and rejected his 1st offer. He was determined to make this work and went out back and he and Shawn (his Manager) put their heads together. I have no idea how they did it, but am so appreciative that they did. I only met Shawn and only said Hello yet could tell he was kind. I knew that this wasn't "just another sale to meet a quota", they genuinely wanted me to be happy. Where do you get that anymore? Chris is the kind of gentleman you'd want as a friend, seriously. I am a Customer Service Agent and look for that in others. He personified CS, and I am an eternal skeptic but never did I feel anything but comfortable there. I'd brought my 2 dogs (that can be a handful) and they welcomed them and made sure they had water. Told us just to make ourselves at home. Chris was considerate, kind, he listened and empathized with my situation. Never once tried to up-sell me. After the deal was signed the car went out back to Phil (to recon, get ready)I do believe he put me in front of someone else. I watched him as he was washing the car outside (he didn't know I was there). He was meticulous in the was he was paying attention to every detail. You would have thought his Manager was standing right over him, but he was out there just independently working, like this is how he does it every time (and I do believe that). When done he told me that one of my mats was a little messed up so he replaced it and made sure it matched the others. Then he played with my dogs. All the while with a big smile on his face. Honestly, if anyone is in the market for a car, you owe it to yourselves to check them out first. Even if you're "just looking" take a ride to the Rockingham Mall and stop by and check out what they have on the lot. I guarantee there will be no heavy handed salesman stuff. Seriously, go to these guys before you shop around, I wasted a week before I found them and I had a deal and a new (used) car and was back home within 3 hours. And I am still smiling!

Chris Normyle, Salesperson, his Manager Shawn and Phil (in the shop)

"When Chris called, I have to admit I was skeptical. I..."

When Chris called, I have to admit I was skeptical. I have a poor credit rating but decided I would give it a shot and see what Husson Motors could do for me. From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with respect, understanding and warmth. I would recommend anyone that needs to re-establish themselves or is in a situation such as myself, give Husson Motors a visit. Chris and Sean were able work with me and offer me a vehicle within my budget and better than the ones I had selected online to look at! Thanks Guys! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Chris Normyle

"I highly recommend this dealership. I just purchased my..."

I highly recommend this dealership. I just purchased my 2nd used vehicle from them this week (8/2011). My first vehicle purchased from them was in 2002 (a 4 yr old '97 Ford Explorer that had 65000 miles on it) and it has lasted me 9 years! I just bought a Mercury Mountaineer for great price. The Customer Serivce Rep Chris Normyle was terrific to work with - no sales pressure, showed us only vehicles that had features we were interested in, and very helpful. I will be back for 3rd vehicle in future.

Sean Houlihan