Hyman Brothers Mazda

Sales & Leasing Consultant

May 18, 2017

"Outstanding service--as always!"

- rt61

I have always gotten great service from Hyman Bros for my 2010 Mazda 5. However, I want to make special mention of the service manager, Cleon. He is all about service. He kept me informed through the process, and I really feel he cared about me and the service he provided. Thank you!

March 09, 2017

"My first and last service here"

- shuttermom3

I was very disappointed after my recent service at this dealership. I bought my car from them just over a year ago and to keep it simple, the transmission needed to be replaced, under warranty. The service to replace the transmission took over 2 weeks. Now realize I am not an unreasonable individual, I know my car was not the only vehicle in that shop and they have to juggle sometimes to get cars in and out. I'm ok with that. I had a brand new loaner and I was not suffering. However, this is my issue. When a person goes to a dealership and purchases a car, they deal with that salesman for at most, a day or two. You go for a couple of test drives, debate a color, fret over a price, sweat over financing, get carpal tunnel signing the paperwork and you're done with the office staff. Now comes the maintenance, which can be multiple times a year with oil changes and tires, inspections and etc. The service team are the ones that make or break a relationship with a dealership and possibly a brand. They broke me here. I absolutely HATE being lied to. Be honest with me and let me deal with it, don't give me the runaround, which is what these guys thrive at. Thomas would say one thing and Cleon another. In one day I had one call that said the transmission was on the truck and en route and in the same day the other one called to say it was not on the truck. Maybe next week. 3 times they told me it was on the truck and then "Sorry Mrs. Mount, that was an engine." Or my personal favorite, "It was on the truck but they were grounded due to snow." This was said to me AFTER telling me the car would be ready in 2 days. So 2 weeks and one day later, the car was ready, I was perterbed but happy to have it back, and went home. Fast forward a day or two to a puddle in my driveway. My husband calls to say the car is leaking and Thomas says "It's impossible. Can't be the transmission, it's completely sealed, there is nowhere for the fluid to leak from." FYI Thomas, if there is a way to put fluid in and flush it out, it's not fully sealed. Evidently they washed the undercarriage and that was what my husband was seeing. Over the course of another day the puddle is bigger and I call, talking to Cleon, who says exactly what Thomas said, almost verbatim, but with a laugh. He cut me off and I hung up. I should have taken it back, but I had faith in these men that do nothing all day but work on Mazda cars. Fast forward about 3-4 days. I go to work, it's pitch black and I do not notice the massive puddle under my car. I measured it. 42 inches wide by 60 inches long. It was pretty big. My husband gets in his car, drives to Williamsburg, gets my car and takes it to the dealership. Cleon wants to know if we're towing it in. Nope. This is a Saturday. No I do not even almost expect them to look at it that day. So Monday I call around 4pm and I'm told by Cleon that the car hasn't been looked at yet. Ok, I say, do you know what the leak is? No, they don't. That's all he says. I am a little upset at this point so I take a deep breath and he says, and I am quoting this part "We'll call you with an update Mrs. Mount, you know how this works." No I don't So Tuesday at 11am I have had enough and call to speak to a manager. At this point I find out that Thomas is the service manager. The same guy that told us it was "impossible" for the transmission to be leaking. End of discussion. I ask for another manager and get Josh. Josh sold us our car and when I realized it was him, I was grateful that now someone would tell me what was going on. 10 minutes later I get a call from Thomas apologizing for not getting back to me sooner, the car should have been looked at the day before, blah blah blah. Ok Thomas, what's wrong with the car? Evidently the transmission we were given was brand new, not refurbished AND it was an upgraded unit. He says this as though I should be grateful. My car had less than 30,000 miles on it. It had better be new. The clips they used were not the correct clips and the transmission was blowing fluid everywhere. Easy enough. They clean the undercarriage, find the leak and fix it. Fast forward one day. The car is not leaking as of right now. I'm driving IN TRAFFIC with my husband in the car about 3 hours after picking it up and I yell and point at the dash as the RPMs shoot up to a 6 while I'm in steady paced traffic at just under 60 miles per hour. Are you kidding me?

Thomas Dubois

March 06, 2017

"Poorest Dealership"

- UVA Man

I had my miata top repaired there for $460. It broke after 3 uses. Hyman dealership refused to refund my money, In fact, Hyman then gave me a $3700 quote to repair top (again). I had it repaired at Hampton Chevy/Mazda for $470. Avoid this dealership. Look for yourself. Look at their Better Business complaints as well. No one is ever at Hyman for a car repair while Hampton is full with customers. Plus the average price on the new mazdas at Hyman are about $1200 more than at Hampton (I compared CX-5s and CX-3s and MX5s). And Hyman is HORRIBLE for customer service and their word is meaningless. The poorest dealership I have ever encountered in 50 years of buying cars.

General manger.. A Mr. Skiba