J & R Auto

2800 W. 12th St., Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104

Makes: Used Car Dealer

J & R Auto
J & R Auto Info

"car fell apart shortly after purchase"

Had car for month. Bad: struts, heater core, tranny, battery, filled with water not antifreeze, nasty leak from engine to inside on floor, smells hot when driving. They took advantage of me and sold me a lemon.

can't recall

"I wish I had read these reviews before buying car from J..."

I wish I had read these reviews before buying car from J & R of Sioux Falls. Last month I bought a chrysler-M300, year-2000, 44000 miles, VIN # 2C3HE66G4YH195639 from this dealership for $7975. At that time I did not check the book value and just trusted what the salesman told me. Later I realized that actually the NADA book value of this vehicle was only $4712, and the Kelly book value was only $4860. In this way they charged me more than $3100 extra which is an unreasonably high price. I called the dealership several times to check why they charged me so much extra. But every time they told that only manager-Randy could answer this question and Randy would call me back, but then nobody called back. It can be argued that I should have checked the book value before buying the car. But in reality it is not always possible to do research on every single detail and sometimes you have to trust the dealership, especially when you take bus to go to the dealership and you don't have anybody to drive you around. They charged me unreasonably high price which does not make sense under any circumstances. I do not recommend buying car from this dealership.

Aaron Koehn

"I have had some credit issues in the past and went to..."

I have had some credit issues in the past and went to J&R after being turned down at a lot of other places and not wanting a Wheel City car. My salesman Scott Purdy was very helpful when I told him about my credit. He got me with Chad the finance guy who sat me down and explained my options to me. I left very happy in a new Chevy Cobalt. Noticed a few issues with it the next day brought the vehicle back in and they took care of all my problems immediately. Great Dealership... Thanks for my new car..

Chad

"They sold us a bunk car 8500. That causes my daughter..."

They sold us a bunk car 8500. That causes my daughter serious medical harm. we had only had it a hour when it all started. Never buy a carfrom them. most of them are auction car,rentals or repos.

randy-manager

"Went to look at a car there and they said it was sold and..."

Went to look at a car there and they said it was sold and they had a deposit. Called later that day and asked about the car and they told me all about it failing to tell me on the phone that the car was on hold and to come down and look at it. It’s not like pulled in with a junk car either. It was worth money around half that the car I was looking at was. So I did end up going down there a few days later witch they still had the car and there where very rude. I don't see how they even sell a single car the way they act. After reading other reviews I almost fell like they did me a favor by being jerks.

all

"My 19 year old daughter and I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima..."

My 19 year old daughter and I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima from him, which he swore up and down, being a mechanic himself, that it was a great car. Well, we paid $5,500 for it and it didn;t last 5 days before it broke down and my mechanic suggested that it was not worth fixing. Needs a new engine and/or catalytic converter. I wish we had gone somewhere else where I know we would have gotten a much better car for our money.

Randy Wimpy

"AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COST! I live over 4 hours..."

AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COST! I live over 4 hours hours away, so I asked the salesperson to carefully describe the condition of the car. He got a couple things right, but failed to tell me about the rusted crease in the fender, the multiple dings and scratches ALL OVER the car, the areas where there were huge paint chips, and the fact the inside looked like it had never been cleaned. This is a car that only had 46,000 miles on it, so I expected a 46,000 mile vehicle with maybe a few/minor defects at most. I gave them a deposit over the phone Friday afternoon. I showed up Saturday morning. I didn't even drive the car and told them I wasn't interested. I asked them if they would refund my $100 deposit (to hold the car), and they refused because the sales manager claimed he didn't misrepresent the car and had to tell other customers it was sold. Funny, because when I got there, it was on the lot with the hood and trunk open (like all the other cars on the lot), and I didn't see a "sold" sign anywhere on it. Again, I calmly asked them for a refund, and they refused...and they were very rude about it. When I looked at their inventory on-line the next day, I noticed they had sold the car that same day. I feel really sorry for anyone that buys a vehicle from this dealership. I got the impression they don't do anything to these vehicles before they sell them.

Greg

"I would never recommend this dealership to anyone, ever...."

I would never recommend this dealership to anyone, ever. Poor service and professionalism. When my husband took the car for a test drive he had to put gas in it. We bought the car at a fair price but it was 300 miles overdue for an oil change. Also the car itself was dirty and there was garbage in the trunk!!! To top it all off, the remote start did not work neither did the back right door lock. Brought it in to have it fixed because we bought it like that and Randy was very rude. He accused us of having the car for months before bringing attention to it, but we had not even had it for a month. He is very unprofessional and rude. If you are going to sell a car and would like the customer to return or suggest your dealership maybe you should prepare the cars you sell a lot better than that! If you ever buy from this dealer make sure you do a FULL inspection of the vehicle because they are very dishonest...

Randy

"i bought a 01 chevy impala and i have never been so happy..."

i bought a 01 chevy impala and i have never been so happy with this car...i have heard and read the stories but one thing a person has to remember is they are buying a used car. i have bought cars for a larger dealership and have had the same experiances as some have had with j&r....i would not be afraid to purchase another car from them...thanks guys keep up the good work

randy

"I recently bought an 03' Volkswagen Golf GTi from J & R..."

I recently bought an 03' Volkswagen Golf GTi from J & R Auto Sales and the car is perfect! I also checked with a local mechanic and he said the car was in perfect condition. Also Randy was very helpful and friendly during the whole process of buying the car! I would recommend them to everyone just get the car looked at before you buy it!

Randy