J & R Auto

Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
J & R Auto Info

lar1234
3/30/2015

" i would buy more cars there "

i looked all over for a car and i got one here and love it ive been a mechanic for year and look at alot of cars and found one here. And the staff on the west side was helpful. the finance lady tracy did a woulderful job about the loan and the warranty. THANKS GUYS SEE U SOON

TRACY

April 06, 2015

I just want to extend our appreciation for your review. i am glad to hear your experience was pleasant and we look forward to doing business with you in the future!

Gpina07
3/24/2015

"Don't look anywhere else!!!"

J &R auto on the east side of sioux falls is the only place I'll go or send anyone. I've never felt so comfortable talking to a salesman than I did with Brian he was knowledge about the car I bought and wasn't trying to up sell me into to something I didn't need. He help me find the right car for what I needed and for the right price. I will be sending all my friends and family to him.

Brian Smith

March 30, 2015

Our Staff is excited to here you had a comfortable experience with our Dealership! . We look forward to a continuing relationship with you in the near future! Thank You for purchasing with J&R Auto Sales, Inc!

harleyrider
2/13/2015

"Great (Fake) Customer Service"

I recently bought a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser from J & R east, It only had 104k miles and they were only asking 3k. So I reacted on impulse and bought it. Not 2 weeks later I notice a big puddle of oil on the ground in a parking lot. I took no notice since I didn't know if it was from my car. Then I proceed home, park it in my garage and smell something hot I look under my car and it was literally running oil out of the engine. I checked it and it showed no oil left in my car so I added two quarts and called J&R. By this time I was perturbed and the salesman suggest I take it to the closest mechanic well it was 6:30 and I live an hour away from Sioux Falls so i I am letting it sit till iI can get to a mechanic. But i swear if its anything big i will make one hell of a racket. Watch out JR you had best hope this is a tiny fix.

Brian or Bryan and The Manager

March 30, 2015

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please know it is never our goal to deceive a customer or play any type of games. We believe being established in business for 28 years is proven evidence of this fact. When you originally visited our dealership, we knew you were interested in the the Pt Cruiser after spending quite a bit of time with your sales person. It's our goal to be able to help everyone, which we did in your circumstance. You contacted our dealership approximately 2 weeks after your purchase and indicated that you had contacted a mechanical shop regards to mechanical issues. However, they were unable to get your vehicle in to fix for quite some time and asked us for our assistance. We immediately scheduled you into service and inspected the vehicle for you. At that time, we diagnosed the problem and quoted you a repair of $700, with an additional $700 needed, a grand total of $1400.00. J&R Auto Sales, Inc. paid for $700 to assist you since you did not purchase an extended warranty for your protection at the time of sale. We invested a lot of time in this process to keep you as a satisfied Customer, which we feel we accomplished in the end. We know you invested a lot of time in the process and we feel badly about this situation. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. Best Regards, D.Jasper

angela035000
4/05/2014

"car fell apart shortly after purchase"

Had car for month. Bad: struts, heater core, tranny, battery, filled with water not antifreeze, nasty leak from engine to inside on floor, smells hot when driving. They took advantage of me and sold me a lemon.

can't recall

timm1
11/28/2013

"I wish I had read these reviews before buying car from J..."

I wish I had read these reviews before buying car from J & R of Sioux Falls. Last month I bought a chrysler-M300, year-2000, 44000 miles, VIN # 2C3HE66G4YH195639 from this dealership for $7975. At that time I did not check the book value and just trusted what the salesman told me. Later I realized that actually the NADA book value of this vehicle was only $4712, and the Kelly book value was only $4860. In this way they charged me more than $3100 extra which is an unreasonably high price. I called the dealership several times to check why they charged me so much extra. But every time they told that only manager-Randy could answer this question and Randy would call me back, but then nobody called back. It can be argued that I should have checked the book value before buying the car. But in reality it is not always possible to do research on every single detail and sometimes you have to trust the dealership, especially when you take bus to go to the dealership and you don't have anybody to drive you around. They charged me unreasonably high price which does not make sense under any circumstances. I do not recommend buying car from this dealership.

Aaron Koehn

sara123456789
6/28/2013

"I have had some credit issues in the past and went to..."

I have had some credit issues in the past and went to J&R after being turned down at a lot of other places and not wanting a Wheel City car. My salesman Scott Purdy was very helpful when I told him about my credit. He got me with Chad the finance guy who sat me down and explained my options to me. I left very happy in a new Chevy Cobalt. Noticed a few issues with it the next day brought the vehicle back in and they took care of all my problems immediately. Great Dealership... Thanks for my new car..

Chad

scbaby
4/23/2013

"They sold us a bunk car 8500. That causes my daughter..."

They sold us a bunk car 8500. That causes my daughter serious medical harm. we had only had it a hour when it all started. Never buy a carfrom them. most of them are auction car,rentals or repos.

randy-manager

rolly_25
2/26/2013

"Went to look at a car there and they said it was sold and..."

Went to look at a car there and they said it was sold and they had a deposit. Called later that day and asked about the car and they told me all about it failing to tell me on the phone that the car was on hold and to come down and look at it. It’s not like pulled in with a junk car either. It was worth money around half that the car I was looking at was. So I did end up going down there a few days later witch they still had the car and there where very rude. I don't see how they even sell a single car the way they act. After reading other reviews I almost fell like they did me a favor by being jerks.

all

Zabriskie
12/24/2012

"My 19 year old daughter and I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima..."

My 19 year old daughter and I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima from him, which he swore up and down, being a mechanic himself, that it was a great car. Well, we paid $5,500 for it and it didn;t last 5 days before it broke down and my mechanic suggested that it was not worth fixing. Needs a new engine and/or catalytic converter. I wish we had gone somewhere else where I know we would have gotten a much better car for our money.

Randy Wimpy

bigK
9/05/2012

"AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COST! I live over 4 hours..."

AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COST! I live over 4 hours hours away, so I asked the salesperson to carefully describe the condition of the car. He got a couple things right, but failed to tell me about the rusted crease in the fender, the multiple dings and scratches ALL OVER the car, the areas where there were huge paint chips, and the fact the inside looked like it had never been cleaned. This is a car that only had 46,000 miles on it, so I expected a 46,000 mile vehicle with maybe a few/minor defects at most. I gave them a deposit over the phone Friday afternoon. I showed up Saturday morning. I didn't even drive the car and told them I wasn't interested. I asked them if they would refund my $100 deposit (to hold the car), and they refused because the sales manager claimed he didn't misrepresent the car and had to tell other customers it was sold. Funny, because when I got there, it was on the lot with the hood and trunk open (like all the other cars on the lot), and I didn't see a "sold" sign anywhere on it. Again, I calmly asked them for a refund, and they refused...and they were very rude about it. When I looked at their inventory on-line the next day, I noticed they had sold the car that same day. I feel really sorry for anyone that buys a vehicle from this dealership. I got the impression they don't do anything to these vehicles before they sell them.

Greg